“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
Most of you have heard this famous quote, but how many of you really believe the truth of it? How many of you live by its thought and conviction?
We only have control over ourselves, not what anyone else says or does, but with that self-control, we determine how we are going to let others impact our lives.
Why No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
We have to ask ourselves about people’s motivation. Are they trying to offer us helpful and honest feedback? If that is the case, we should not feel inferior, we should feel like we have been given a key towards growth.
Are the person’s intentions bad? Are they tearing us down, just to build themselves up? If we know this is the case, don’t let it bother you, simply let your character, and your work speak for itself.
Do not allow someone to rent space in your head. Do not give them a seconds thought, if that thought is a negative one. You choose what you do and do not allow to occupy your mind, so fill it with the positive, and exclude the negative. Here are some who got this message right:
Quotes About Why No One Can Make You Inferior Without Your Consent
1. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
2. “Happiness is the art of never holding in your mind the memory of any unpleasant thing that has passed.” – Unknown
3. “If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap.’
If you want happiness for a day — go fishing.
If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else.” – Chinese Proverb
4. “Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different.” – Stacey Charter
5. “It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.”- Dale Carnegie
6. “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” – Epictetus
7. We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” – Frederick Keonig
8. “To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness.” – Mary Stuart
More Quotes On Why No One Can Make You Inferior Without Your Consent
9. “There is only one cause of unhappiness: the false beliefs you have in your head, beliefs so widespread, so commonly held, that it never occurs to you to question them.” – Anthony de Mello
10. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
11. “The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.” – Marcel Pagnol
12. “We begin from the recognition that all beings cherish happiness and do not want suffering. It then becomes both morally wrong and pragmatically unwise to pursue only one’s own happiness oblivious to the feelings and aspirations of all others who surround us as members of the same human family. The wiser course is to think of others when pursuing our own happiness.” – Dalai Lama
13. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” – Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
14. “Men spend their lives in anticipations, in determining to be vastly happy at some period when they have time. But the present time has one advantage over every other – it is our own. Past opportunities are gone, future have not come. We may lay in a stock of pleasures, as we would lay in a stock of wine; but if we defer the tasting of them too long, we shall find that both are soured by age.” – Charles Caleb Colton
15. “Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change.” – Friedrich Schiller
Do you believe that no one can make you feel inferior without your consent?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
May 14, 2020 8:00 AM EST