Observe Quotes For Sharper Vision
December 6, 2022 8:00 AM EST
Take it all in and fully absorb these observe quotes.
Observation is foundational to human existence.
We rely on it heavily.
There is a reason we have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth.
Human beings are meant to observe!
Tell us your favorite observe quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these observe quotes?
Observation is one of our most powerful assets.
We are designed to take in all the world’s:
We are designed to observe what occurs in our midst.
A key to remaining balanced is remembering to observe but not absorb.
American aphorist Mason Cooley once noted, “It is possible to interpret without observing, but not to observe without interpreting.”
This means that as we see things occur around us, we can observe them, acknowledge them, and even learn from them, but we do not always need to fully absorb these conditions into our psyche unless we find it beneficial.
Short observe quotes for Instagram
1. “Who will observe the observers?” — Arthur Eddington
2. “We are a complex species to observe.” — Jasmine Guy
3. “Part of the way that I work is to observe.” — John Hawkes
4. “I observe the world and the people surrounding me.” — Eric Cantona
5. “So I observe life a little bit, rather than participating in it.” — Jeffrey Tate
6. “You can’t observe as much if you’re observed by others.” — Chevy Chase
7. “All are born to observe order, but few are born to establish it.” — Joseph Joubert
8. “If you feel like an outsider, you tend to observe things a lot more.” — Anderson Cooper
9. “I focus, I invent, I transform, I challenge, I attempt, I observe, I perform.” — Philippe Petit
10. “We need to learn to observe and listen to people more to get to know them.” — Corey Johnson
Wise observe quotes
11. “Observe the seven seasons of secret prayer every day.” — Adoniram Judson
12. “I observe the physician with the same diligence as the disease.” — John Donne
13. “It is possible to interpret without observing, but not to observe without interpreting.” — Mason Cooley
14. “I’m not smart, but I like to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why.” — William Hazlitt
15. “I think fractures in your childhood make you observe the world more as an outsider. Possibly it pushes you outside.” — Pam Ferris
16. “I aimlessly travel, meaning I have no agenda other than to get small in the world, be quiet and observe people.” — Walton Goggins
17. “There are many types of participation. One can observe so intensely that one becomes part of the action, but without being an active participant.” — Jerzy Kosinski
18. “You may observe in all my lessons that I tell you how the legs go, and those who are unacquainted with that are entirely ignorant and work in the dark.” — William Cavendish
19. “Oh, the most important thing about myself is that my life has been full of changes. Therefore, when I observe the world, I don’t expect to see it just like I was seeing the fellow who lives in the next room.” — Chinua Achebe
20. “That’s why, to experience that, you know for a fact that a human being is capable of so much more, because to go to that place and to step outside yourself and observe yourself do these things, while the rest of the world is moving in slow motion, is really incredible.” — Marcus Allen
Observe quotes about acting, comedy, and songwriting
21. “One of the most important things for an actor is to observe humanity.” — Carla Gugino
22. “A comedian needs more than just a sense of humour. He needs to observe everything around him.” — Vivek
23. “Art is changing. Again. Here. Now. Opportunities to witness this are rare, so attend and observe.” — Jerry Saltz
24. “Observe that it is a great error to believe that all mediums of art are not closely tied to their time.” — Camille Pissarro
25. “My way of dealing with the world has always been to make fun of it and observe it but not take part in it.” — Judd Apatow
26. “The best way to study to be an actor is to interact genuinely with the people around you and observe and listen.” — Rose McIver
27. “My favorite kind of humor is basically, if it was happening to you, it wouldn’t be funny, but to observe it, it’s hilarious.” — Bill Burr
28. “The key to songwriting is just to be able to observe, and put yourself in situations to be around people, and let those ideas come to you.” — Eric Church
29. “I mean, I find things that happened in real life to be the funniest – things that you observe instead of crazy abstract things, you know.” — Jonah Hill
30. “I don’t know how an actress is supposed to observe and create new stuff if she hasn’t been on the streets, brushing up against humanity. You have to have a life.” — Sarah Jessica Parker
Observe quotes about business, government, and society
31. “Even to observe neutrality, you must have a strong government.” — Alexander Hamilton
32. “The duty of the media is to observe truth and social responsibility.” — Salva Kiir Mayardit
33. “To merely observe your culture without contributing to it seems very close to existing as a ghost.” — Chuck Palahniuk
34. “We observe closely related species in sympatry and infer how they evolved from a common ancestor.” — Peter R. Grant
35. “It may be proper to observe that I had now passed the utmost frontier of the white settlements on that border.” — William Bartram
36. “I am persuaded, you will permit me to observe, that the path of true piety is so plain as to require but little political direction.” — George Washington
37. “You can observe the results of your leadership daily… Such satisfaction cannot be purchased at any price; it must be earned.” — Ezra Taft Benson
38. “One of the things that has been truly incredible to observe, though, is the amount of venture investment that has gone into early stage security technology.” — John W. Thompson
39. “I will only observe that ethereal sense – sight, and touch, which is at the other extremity of the scale, have from time acquired a very remarkable additional power.” — Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
40. “When you’re looking for a band name, I know it sounds weird, but everything you look at, everything you observe and read, you kind of think, ‘Man, maybe that could be our band name.’” — Dave Haywood
More observe quotes to make you think
41. “I’d say many features of string theory don’t mesh with what we observe in everyday life.” — Brian Greene
42. “Women are always most observed when they seem themselves least to observe, or to lay out for observation.” — Samuel Richardson
43. “I adopt a very simple approach. I observe and reflect real life and ordinary people, and sooner or later, that raises a laugh.” — Alberto Sordi
44. “To observe a profoundly stupid individual can be very enriching, and that’s why we should never feel contempt for them.” — Claude Chabrol
45. “Social situations, for me – it’s very natural for me to be an observer. That’s where I’m most comfortable. I observe things.” — Ray LaMontagne
46. “I just think the more we’re observed by other people, the less we can observe them in order to play them and find their true condition.” — Logan Marshall-Green
47. “First, they were bred when I was not capable to observe or before I was born; likewise, the breeding of men is of a different manner from that of women.” — Margaret Cavendish
48. “University was a chance to people-watch and to mix with people from all various walks of life, which as an actor is a great experience because you get to observe people.” — Tom Riley
49. “I would like to go back and spend a Christmas with my family and myself when I was five years old and just see what that dynamic would be like. Observe it. I think it would be a magical gift.” — Sharon Lawrence
50.. “Scientists tend to build a reputation on refuting the theories of those who have gone before. Yet, whatever we hypothesize, observe, measure, or record about the natural world, it leaves more unanswered questions.” — Robert Winston
How are your powers of observation?
Writer Chuck Palahniuk (author of Fight Club) once said,
“To merely observe your culture without contributing to it seems very close to existing as a ghost.”
Observation is like a hidden superpower.
Observation is an integral part of the science of daily life.
It lets us see the results of an experiment, even if they are not the results we expect.
This is important because we do not know what we do not know.
Observation lets us see unexpected things around us that might stimulate our curiosity, leading to new experiments or perceptions.
Even more important than observation is an accurate observation.
Our eyes and brains often play tricks on us, letting us see what we expect to see instead of what is actually there.
Accurate observation gives us a vivid and unbiased idea of how something behaves.
Our thoughts might inform our decision-making, but it is important to remember that we are not our thoughts.
Don’t forget to tell us your favorite observe quote in the comment section below.
If you found these quotes helpful, take a minute and hit the share button.