Many of us have felt excluded at some point, so we can all relate to these outcast quotes.
Merriam-webster.com describes the term ‘outcast’ as “rejected or cast out by society” or “one that is cast out or refused acceptance.”
You might also like these related articles:
The origin of the word outcast is the Scottish phrase “cast out.”
The first known usage of the word outcast was in the 14th century.
Being an outcast is not necessarily bad, as it can simply be that you are different from those around you.
A few signs that someone is an outcast are:
- They feel misunderstood
- They dress differently than anyone around them
- They may seem desperate for love or attention
- They keep their important thoughts to themselves
Take a few moments to read these Outcast quotes and see if you can identify with any of them.
Relatable Outcast Quotes
This batch of outcast quotes is relatable to anyone who’s ever felt excluded.
1. “I never fit in. I am a true alternative.” — Meat Loaf
2. “I was always this weird outcast kid.” — Rick Famuyiwa
3. “I was always an outcast, even in my family.” — Krysten Ritter
4. “In my adolescence, I think I felt very outcast; I felt lonely.” — Michael Leunig
5. “I wouldn’t say I was bullied, but I was definitely a bit of an outcast.” — Kaley Cuoco
6. “I still feel like an outcast on the inside, but it doesn’t bother me anymore at all.” — Kane Brown
7. “I’m a total weirdo and have often felt like an outcast and a freak, and I love that. It makes things so much more exciting.” — Zoe Kravitz
8. “We just kind of did our own thing and got made fun of by the popular kids. It was kind of like a badge of honor to be an outcast.” — Mark Hoppus
9. “I can’t go back and label myself as an outcast because I was a pretty well-adjusted kid, but I can certainly relate to the feeling of being an outsider.” — Lasse Hallstrom
10. “I’ve always kinda been a little outcast myself, a little oddball, doin’ my thing, my own way. And it’s been hard for me to, to be accepted, certainly in the early years of my life.” — Dolly Parton
Encouraging Outcast Quotes
Check out these encouraging outcast quotes for when you feel alone.
11. “Be an outcast. Be pleased to walk alone.” — Alice Walker
12. “I love seeing the outcasts of society all bonding together.” — Scott Aukerman
13. “There is something inherently valuable about being a misfit.” — Daniel Radcliffe
14. “Jesus … associated with the outcasts; he spoke with them, touched them, ate with them, loved them.” — John Ortberg
15. “You can be the outcast or be the backlash of somebody’s lack of love. Or you can start speaking up.” — Sara Bareilles
16. “Jesus comes for sinners, for those outcast…and those caught up in squalid choices and failed dreams.” — Brennan Manning
17. “I very much adore people who are outcasts, and I’ve always loved to be around interesting, circus-type people” — Karen Elson
18. “I remember feeling for the first time going somewhere where I was part of a community where I didn’t feel like an outcast. I felt like I belonged.” — John Petrucci
19. “Getting socially outcast can be the best and most informative thing that can ever happen to you because you have to learn who you are separate from the pack.” — Ezra Miller
20. “This is what God’s kingdom is like, a bunch of outcasts and oddballs gathered at a table, not because they are rich or worthy or good, but because they are hungry because they said yes. And there’s always room for more.” — Rachel Held Evans
Lonely Outcast Quotes
Here are some lonely outcast quotes!
21. “Outcasts always mourn.” — Oscar Wilde
22. “I know what it’s like to be an outcast in society.” — Andy Biersack
23. “Knowledge does have a way of making you an outcast.” — Jackson Pearce
24. “When you are an outcast, even a tossed stone can be cherished.” — Mitch Albom
25. “I understand the feelings of being the outcast and the loner.” — Krysten Ritter
26. “School was horrific for me, constantly an outcast for being a geek.” — Jameela Jamil
27. “My background sets me apart. I’ve never been able to relate to many people.” — Neon Hitch
28. “Crowded hallways are the loneliest places, for outcasts and rebels, or anyone who just dares to be different.” — Hunter Hayes
29. “I think everybody can sort of relate to feeling like the outcast and feeling a bit lost and just craving somebody’s attention.” — Jaimie Alexander
30. “My theory is that everyone at one time or another has been at the fringe of society in some way: an outcast in high school, a stranger in a foreign country, the best at something, the worst at something, the one who’s different.” — Alice Hoffman
Sad Outcast Quotes
Enjoy this list of sad outcast quotes.
31. “Solitude is pleasant. Loneliness is not.” — Anna Neagle
32. “There was a certain freedom in being on the outside.” — Amy Zhang
33. “The worst cruelty that can be inflicted on a human being is isolation.” — Sukarno
34. “We don’t function well as human beings when we’re in isolation.” — Robert Zemeckis
35. “In their isolation, the outcasts dream of and act for a new society and civilization.” — Zevedei Barbu
36. “There are few outcasts in the world that actually can teach another their skills, so outcasts are outcasts, even from each other.” — David Sanders
37. “I think if you’ve ever had that feeling of loneliness, of being an outsider, it never quite leaves you. You can be happy or successful or whatever, but that thing still stays within you.” — Tim Burton
38. “I’ve always felt a little different than everyone – you know, most of the other kids in my class – and I didn’t quite see things the way they did, or I didn’t experience things the same way they did. I often felt a little bit like an outcast.” — Erin Davie
39. “We are the outcasts, we are the ones that are different, we are the ones that never got along with anyone else, we are the ones that went back to our rooms and put on our headphones and listened to those records that made us happy.” — Bert McCraken
40. “When individuals are shamed so remorselessly and unforgivingly that they become outcasts, or even begin to think of themselves as outcasts, it becomes more rewarding to associate with others who are perceived in some limited or total way as also at odds with mainstream standards.” — John Braithwaite
Extra Outcast Quotes
Check out these additional outcast quotes.
41. “Be an outcast.” — Alice Walker
42. “I wasn’t a popular kid. I was an outcast.” — Barry Zito
43. “Leaders, when not leading, are outcasts.” — Harold Klemp
44. “All outcast peoples struggle to be recognized as individuals.” — Rita Mae Brown
45. “In high school, I was an outcast. I wasn’t cool to hang out with.” — Shay Mitchell
46. “Our hearts of stone become hearts of flesh when we learn where the outcast weeps.” — Brennan Manning
47. “I am an outcast from the society of my childhood and an outlaw in the land of my birth. I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner as all my fathers were.” — Frederick Douglass
48. “When you stand with the outcasts, you stand with Jesus, and when you despise the outcast, you despise Jesus, as well. Becoming an activist is simply a matter of putting love into action.” — Mel White
49. “A young outcast will often feel that there is something wrong with himself, but as he gets older, grows more confident in who he is, he will adapt, he will begin to feel that there is something wrong with everyone else.” — Criss Jami
50. “There remains an experience of incomparable value . . . to see the great events of world history from below; from the perspective of the outcast, the suspects, the maltreated, the powerless, the oppressed, the reviled —- in short, from the perspective of those who suffer . . . to look with new eyes on matters great and small.” — Dietrich Bonhoeffer
How To Deal With Being an Outcast
Being an outcast can be hurtful but freeing, as you don’t expect to fit into the ‘norm.’
Some ways to deal with being an outcast are:
- Find your strengths and celebrate them
- Love yourself and know you are important
- Accept the situation and that you don’t have to please everyone
Please share these Outcast Quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about being an outcast in the comment section below.