Check out these melodious piano quotes that anyone can love.
The piano is one of the world’s most popular instruments.
Before the piano was so well known, the harpsichord was in fashion.
Tell us your favorite piano quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these piano quotes?
In fact, it is harpsichord maker Bartolomeo di Francesco Cristofori who first invented the piano in 1709.
Piano gets its name from the word “pianoforte,” which means soft (piano) and loud (forte).
The piano is a complex instrument with over 12000 parts, including 10000 moving parts!
In the beginning, only wealthy people could afford pianos.
Now they are still expensive but much more affordable for people.
The piano comprises 88 keys and has the broadest range of tones of all instruments.
Playing the piano helps:
- improve your memory
- sharpens your focus and concentration
- improve your happiness, confidence, and self-esteem
Unfortunately, until the 1950s, companies made piano keys out of elephant tusks.
The piano industry is responsible for the deaths of countless elephants.
Fortunately, today piano keys are made from plastic, and no elephants are harmed in their production.
Short piano quotes for Instagram
1. “The piano ain’t got no wrong notes.” — Thelonious Monk
2. “I tell my piano the things I used to tell you.” — Frederic Chopin
3. “When you play, never mind who listens to you.” — Robert Schumann
4. “If I’m going to Hell, I’m going there playing the piano.” — Jerry Lee Lewis
5. “The piano is a monster that screams when you touch its teeth.” — Andrés Segovia
6. “What has keys but can’t listen to the beauty it unlocks? A piano.” — Jarod Kintz
7. “The important thing is to feel your music, really feel it and believe it.” — Ray Charles
8. “Life is like a piano. What you get out of it depends on how you play it.” — Tom Lehrer
9. “There are two places where I can completely relax: in nature and by the piano.” — Sigrid
10. “Sometimes I can only groan, and suffer, and pour out my despair at the piano.” – Frederic Chopin
Poetic piano quotes
11. “There are eighty-eight keys on a piano and within that, an entire universe.” ― James Rhodes
12. “A woman sings at the piano, and the poet is carried back to his childhood.” ― DH Lawrence
13. “The piano keys are black and white, but they sound like a million colors in your mind.” ― Maria Cristina Mena
14. “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato
15. “Fingers don’t have much to do with playing the piano. The idea that they do must be unlearned.” ― Glenn Gould
16. “You write to become immortal, or because the piano happens to be open, or you’ve looked into a pair of beautiful eyes.” ― Robert Schumann
17. “Prayer is when you talk to God. meditation is when you’re listening. Playing the piano allows you to do both at the same time.” ― Kelsey Grammer
18. “The piano’s world encompasses glass-nerved virtuosi and stomping barrel-housers in fedoras; it is a world of pasture and storm, of perfumed smoke, of liquid mathematics.” ― Kenneth Miller
19. “Color is the keyboard, the eyes are the harmonies, the soul is the piano with many strings. The artist is the hand that plays, touching one key or another, to cause vibrations in the soul.” – Wassily Kandinsky
20. “In the olden days, I believe Mozart also improvised on piano, but somehow in the last 200 years, the whole training of Western classical music – they don’t read between the lines, they just read the lines.” ― Ravi Shankar
Piano quotes from famous musicians and pianists
21. “Everybody told me this ‘girl on the piano thing’ was never going to work.” ― Tori Amos
22. “Without a piano, I don’t know how to stand, don’t know what to do with my hands.” ― Norah Jones
23. “When I had nothing else, I had my mother and the piano. And you know what? They were all I needed.” ― Alicia Keys
24. “I believe in using the entire piano as a single instrument capable of expressing every possible musical idea.” ― Oscar Peterson
25. “The music is within your heart, your soul, your spirit, and this is all I did when I sat at the piano. I just go within.” ― Alice Coltrane
26. “The notes I handle no better than many pianists. But the pauses between the notes – ah, that is where the art resides!” ― Artur Schnabel
27. “There’s nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time, and the instrument plays itself.” ― Johann Sebastian Bach
28. “One of my biggest thrills for me still is sitting down with a guitar or a piano and just out of nowhere trying to make a song happen.” ― Paul McCartney
29. “The piano as a medium for expression is a whole world by itself. No other instrument can fill or replace its own say in the world of emotion, sentiment, poetry, imagery and fancy.” ― Leopold Godowsky
30. “Sometimes I feel like a melody doesn’t have anything to do with me, but it’s just something that comes, is accumulated from me playing on the piano, and then this little creature just appears.” ― Agnes Obel
Funny, sarcastic, or witty piano quotes
31. “The best players are on the bench.” ― Unknown
32. “I wouldn’t trust any man as far as you can throw a piano.” ― Ethel Merman
33. “The public is like a piano. You just have to know what keys to poke.” ― Al Capp
34. “I wish the government would put a tax on pianos for the incompetent.” ― Edith Sitwell
35. “Over the piano was printed a notice: Please do not shoot the pianist. He is doing his best.” ― Oscar Wilde
36. “The sonatas of Mozart are unique; they are too easy for children, and too difficult for artists.” ― Artur Schnabel
37. “I guess, you know, if I didn’t make it with the piano, I guess I would’ve been the biggest bum.” ― Thelonious Monk
38. “PIANO, n. A parlor utensil for subduing the impenitent visitor. It is operated by pressing the keys of the machine and the spirits of the audience.” ― Ambrose Bierce
39. “Many people have asked me why there are three pedals in these grand pianos. Well, the pedal in the middle is there to separate the two other pedals.” ― Victor Borge
40. “Have I a secret about playing the piano? It is a very simple one. I sit down on the piano-stool and make myself comfortable – and I always make sure that the lid over the keyboard is open before I start to play.” ― Artur Schnabel
Piano quotes about stories, communication, and life
41. “Notes give me keys of expression.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
42. “Play always as if in the presence of a master.” ― Robert Schumann
43. “I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.” ― Albert Einstein
44. “I’m an interpreter of stories. When I perform, it’s like sitting down at my piano and telling fairy stories.” ― Nat King Cole
45. “I’m able to sometimes express things even more articulately on the piano than I am with singing.” ― Harry Connick Jr.
46. “The piano is able to communicate the subtlest universal truths by means of wood, metal and vibrating air.” ― Kenneth Miller
47. “There is an inanimate object which has a capacity to exasperate which no human being will ever attain: a piano.” ― Marcel Proust
48. “Life can’t be all bad when for ten dollars you can buy all the Beethoven sonatas and listen to them for ten years.” ― William F. Buckley, Jr
49. “If life was a piano, light and darkness would be the keys. And shadows would be the melody that creates the harmony.” ― Joe Rodriguez
50. “Everyone’s life would be improved if they could do one great magic trick. And tell one great joke, play one tune on the piano, and do one great origami fold.” ― Harry Anderson
Are you ready to sit and play the piano?
The piano has had a profound impact on the world.
The piano can paint a picture using sound.
Think about your favorite movie or television show scene; a piano is most likely playing.
Since its creation, people have found unique ways of using the piano to express themselves.
Pianists from all over the globe have pushed the piano to higher limits, creating new and elevated forms of musical expression.
British pianist James Rhodes expressed the vast nature of the piano, noting that “There are eighty-eight keys on a piano and within that, an entire universe.”
Artists such as Frederic Chopin, Ray Charles, Martha Argerich, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Stevie Wonder, Ludwig Von Beethoven, and Yuja Wang have used the piano to create melodies that speak to the soul of humanity.
The piano continues to grow in popularity.
It is estimated that there are 18 million non-professional piano players in the USA alone.
If you want to start playing, the piano might be more affordable than you think!
Tell us your favorite piano quote in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this article, please hit the share button!