These summer swimming quotes will have you ready to dive into the water!
Swimming is an excellent hobby and a great way to stay in shape. This collection of swimming quotes will inspire you to make a big splash.
What can you say about swimming?
Whether you dive into the ocean or wade into a pool, the most important aspect of swimming is that you have fun. Even if you’re a competitive swimmer who trains every day, there are still ways you can find joy and beauty in swimming. These famous swimming quotes will remind you why you fell in love with the water in the first place.
If you’re a swimmer, you’ll love these inspirational quotes about diving straight into the water. Whether you’re a coach, a team member, or a hobbyist, it’s important to remember to never give up.
Read these motivational swimming quotes to inspire yourself to work hard during practice and try your best.
Don’t forget to also check out these perfection quotes that inspire excellence.
Motivational swimming quotes that make a splash
1. “Believe in yourself, not only in swimming but in life itself. You always have to have fun. You have to have an open mind. If you’re not enjoying it, don’t do it. Life’s too short.” – Debbie Meyer
2. “A huge part of swimming for me is I love it, and it is so much fun.” – Missy Franklin
3. “Swimming is a confusing sport, because sometimes you do it for fun, and other times you do it to not die. And when I’m swimming, sometimes I’m not sure which one it is.” – Demetri Martin
4. “Somehow I kept my head above water. I relied on the discipline, character, and strength that I had started to develop as that little girl in her first swimming pool.” – Esther Williams
5. “Swimming has its educational value – mental, moral, and physical – in giving you a sense of mastery over an element, and of power of saving life, and in the development of wind and limb.” – Robert Baden-Powell
6. “The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it.” – Woodrow Wilson
7. “Swimming is normal for me. I’m relaxed. I’m comfortable, and I know my surroundings. It’s my home.” – Michael Phelps
8. “I love going to the beach and swimming in the ocean. I think it’s so relaxing. It’s also a great form of active recovery. It’s perfect for those rest days when you still want to move a little bit.” – Eugenie Bouchard
9. “When you prepare for something, it’s like jumping into cold water, but you’re prepared. You jump in. And you start swimming, or if you don’t swim, you drown.” – Rza
10. “Swimming isn’t everything, winning is.” – Mark Spitz
Swimming quotes that will have you ready to dive into the water
11. “I actually love swimming but I just hate jumping in the water.” – Natalie Coughlin
12. “The water is your friend…..you don’t have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move.” – Alexandr Popov
13. “Only when the tide goes out do you discover who’s been swimming naked.” – Warren Buffett
14. “I love to watch the movement of light on water, and I love to play in rivers and lakes, swimming or canoeing. I am fascinated by people who work with water – fishermen, boatmen – and by a way of life that is dominated by water.” – Berlie Doherty
15. “This life is like a swimming pool. You dive into the water, but you can’t see how deep it is.” – Dennis Rodman
16. “I’m just a simple guy swimming in a sea of sharks.” – Don Johnson
17. “Do activities you’re passionate about – which make your heart and soul feel perky – including things like working out, cooking, painting, writing, yoga, hiking, walking, swimming, being in nature, being around art, or reading inspiring books.” – Karen Salmansohn
18. “I’m so used to swimming with the piranhas. And they’re really not that bad.” – Brie Larson
19. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. “Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement – and we will make the goal.” – Robert Collier
Swimming quotes that will make you fall in love with the water
21. “I concentrate on preparing to swim my race and let the other swimmers think about me, not me about them.” – Amanda Beard
22. “All good writing is swimming underwater and holding your breath.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
23. “I want to test my maximum and see how much I can do. And I want to change the world of swimming.” – Michael Phelps
24. “To achieve fitness one need not hit the gym. One can always opt for any sport: yoga, jog, swimming, and much more. The idea is to do something that not only burns calories but relieves stress as well.” – Milind Soman
25. “Swimming is one of the hardest sports.” – Stephanie Rice
26. “On matters of style, swim with the current, on matters of principle, stand like a rock. – I can’t really do the running on hard ground that I used to do. Instead, I go swimming as often as possible.” – Jamie Dornan
27. “I love to exercise outside in the fresh air and sun: hiking, swimming, stand-up paddleboarding, and jogging.” – Colbie Caillat
28. “Many people cycle or swim to keep trim. But if swimming is so good for the figure, how do you explain whales?” – Charles Saatchi
29. “I want people to see the passion I have for swimming and become more involved in the sport.” – Ryan Lochte
30. “To me, the sea is like a person – like a child that I’ve known a long time. It sounds crazy, I know, but when I swim in the sea, I talk to it. I never feel alone when I’m out there.” – Gertrude Ederle
Swimming quotes to inspire and motivate
31. “For myself, losing is not coming second. It’s getting out of the water knowing you could have done better. For myself, I have won every race I’ve been in.” – Ian Thorpe
32. “Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream.” – W. C. Fields
33. “I told myself there was no way I was going to let this training go to waste. It was my time, and I was ready to go.” – Katie Hoff
34. “In most sports, they have a physical effect on your performance, in swimming only psychological. If you worry about what your rival is doing, you take your mind off what you are doing and so fail to concentrate on your performance.” – Bachrach
35. “It’s unbelievable I’m swimming so fast. I went in with no expectations. I just went out hoping to get a personal best. I went out there with a smile, just to have fun and see what would happen.” – Jade Edmistone
36. “I can’t control what everyone else swims but if all goes well I know there are no limits.” – Leisl Jones
37. “To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don’t grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead, you relax, and float.” – Alan Watts
38. “I’ve just been enjoying the training a bit more. I’ve put too much pressure on myself in the past. Just relax and let it come. I just went out there to have a bit of fun tonight.” – Sophie Edington
39. “Don’t wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.” – Steve Southerland
40. “I swam the race like I trained to swim it. It is not mathematical. I just let my body do it. It is a lot easier if you let your body do what it is trained for.” – Ian Thorpe
Swimming quotes to motivate you
41. “While I’m swimming, I sing songs in my mind.” – Alexandr Popov
42. “I know I’ve made huge gains in my confidence and knowing more about my racing and myself as a person. That has made me a better athlete.” – Libby Lenton
43. “Tonight was not about winning, it was about focusing on myself and what I was aiming to do. It’s the reason why I was able to swim so well.” – Libby Lenton
44. “I have been visualizing myself every night for the past four years standing on the podium having the gold placed around my neck.” – Megan Quann
45. “Don’t be a fish; be a frog. Swim in the water and jump when you hit the ground.” – Kim Young-ha
46. “We shall not be happy unless we live like good animals, unless we enjoy the exercise of the ordinary functions of life: eating, sleeping, loving, walking, running, swimming, riding, sailing.” – William Morris
47. “I have stayed active. I do keep moving. But I should start swimming more. Great exercise.” – Marv Levy
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of exercise quotes to inspire long term thinking.
48. “My preference is swimming in the sea. I find the sea is more liberating, wild and good fun rather than plodding up and down a pool.” – Jo Brand
49. “I try to separate my personal life from swimming.” – Michael Phelps
50. “Mainly, I like to have fun. Swimming is all about having fun, and I am a firm believer that you should keep swimming as long as you are having fun, but I can say that it becomes much more fun as you get older and learn more about the sport, life, and especially more about yourself.” – Scott Goldblatt
More swimming quotes
51. “Water was something he loved, something he respected. He understood its beauty and its dangers. He talked about swimming as if it were a way of life.” ― Benjamin Alire Sáenz
52. “When you truly sing, you sing yourself free. When you truly dance, you dance yourself free. When you walk in the mountains or swim in the sea, again, you set yourself free.” ― Jay Woodman
53. “Some fish love to swim upstream. Some people love to overcome challenges.” ― Amit Ray
54. “The most risky day in the world will be the day the bird will decide to swim and the fish will decide to fly. Stay glued to what you can do.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
55. “When you are learning swimming, try to swim like a fish! Target the best so that you can always easily reach good and better!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
56. “Swimming was the opposite of panic attack. Fluid and calm and quiet.” ― John Corey Whaley
57. “People who swim very well in troubled waters are respected and celebrated than those who swim excellently in calm waters.” – Israelmore Ayivor
What are your favorite swimming quotes about diving in without fear?
Never give up on your swimming and diving dreams. If you believe in yourself and have the swimming skills, you can go the distance and reach your goals. These swimming quotes will motivate you and encourage you to pursue your passion.
These inspirational quotes are proof that swimming is a way of life for many people. The motivational quotes from the minds of famous swimmers will help you learn more about their philosophies and perspectives.
Once you understand that swimming can be considered a lifestyle, you will begin to view this exercise in a different light. Share this list of amazing quotes with all the swimmers in your life to highlight what swimming has taught you.
What are your favorite swimming quotes and sayings about getting your feet wet? Let us know in the comment section below
March 4, 2021 6:00 AM EST