If you like heavy metal, you are sure to like these Ozzy Osbourne quotes.
There aren’t many people who haven’t heard the name Ozzy Osbourne. He is considered by many to be one of the Godfathers of Metal.
Osbourne was born in England but has split much of his time between England and America, making him well known in both countries as well as around the world.
Ozzy Osbourne was originally part of the group Black Sabbath before personal struggles with substance abuse led to a separation after which he’s had an incredibly successful solo career. However, he’s also been involved in quite a bit of controversy. People tend to love or hate him.
Don’t forget to also check out these Elton John quotes that remind you you’re still standing
Ozzy Osbourne Quotes About Life
1. “You gotta be really careful what you bite off. Don’t bite off more than you can chew. It’s a dangerous world.” – Ozzy Osbourne
2. “It’s all part of my journey – I’ve done a lot of stupid things, but you learn by your mistakes.” – Ozzy Osbourne
3. “What can go wrong will go wrong.” – Ozzy Osbourne
4. “I used to get upset by people not understanding me, but I’ve made a career out of it now.” – Ozzy Osbourne
5. “The funny thing is, I was never much of a fighter. Better a live coward than a dead hero, that was my motto.” – Ozzy Osbourne
6. “The power of people, when they focus on something positive, never fails to amaze me.” – Ozzy Osbourne
7. “You’ve got to try and take things to the next level, or you’ll just get stuck in a rut.” – Ozzy Osbourne
8. “All rehab can do is tell you what’s wrong with you and then suggest ways for you to get better.” – Ozzy Osbourne
9. “When I slept outside in winter, it wasn’t unusual for me to wake up blue in the face with icicles on my nose. In those days, there was no such thing as hypothermia.” – Ozzy Osbourne
10. “I have a saying. ‘Never judge a book by its cover’. I say that because I don’t even know who Ozzy is. I wake up a new person every day.” – Ozzy Osbourne
Ozzy Osbourne Quotes About Himself
11. “I’m about caring, I’m about people, and I’m about entertaining people. I’m a family man. A husband. A father. I’ve been a lot of other things over the years, which we don’t really want to talk about.” – Ozzy Osbourne
12. “Whenever I have a bad day I just think of these people.” – Ozzy Osbourne
13. “I am a raging alcoholic and a raging addict and I didn’t want to see my kids do the same thing.” – Ozzy Osbourne
14. “I couldn’t be a royal. It’s like living in a supersonic goldfish bowl.” – Ozzy Osbourne
15. “I wish I didn’t have to perform ‘Iron Man’ every night.” – Ozzy Osbourne
16. “I used to fantasize that Paul McCartney would marry my sister.” – Ozzy Osbourne
17. “Out of everything I’ve lost, I miss my mind the most!” – Ozzy Osbourne
18. “I’m a lunatic by nature, and lunatics don’t need training – they just are.” – Ozzy Osbourne
19. “I once had a dream about getting a marriage, house in the country, and at the end of the day we’d retire, but I’m never going to retire.” – Ozzy Osbourne
20. “The most unbelievable thing about my behaviour is that I was convinced it was entirely f**king normal.” – Ozzy Osbourne
Bestm Ozzy Osbourne Quotes
21. “To be a liar, you’ve got to have a great memory, and I don’t have a memory.” – Ozzy Osbourne
22. “Everything that I think is good is bad, and everything that I think is bad is good.” – Ozzy Osbourne
23. “I’m a very simple man. You’ve got to have, like, a computer nowadays to turn the TV on and off… and the nightmare continues.” – Ozzy Osbourne
24. “L.A.’s not a good place to grow old.” – Ozzy Osbourne
25. “It’s sad, y’know, what money does to people.” – Ozzy Osbourne
26. “Being sober on a bus is, like, totally different than being drunk on a bus.” – Ozzy Osbourne
27. “Shock is a very weird thing.” – Ozzy Osbourne
28. “Nothing more, nothing less…” – Ozzy Osbourne
29. “It’s gotta be any parent’s worst nightmare when they lose their child.” – Ozzy Osbourne
30. “Reviews? Didn’t read ’em.” – Ozzy Osbourne
Ozzy Osbourne Quotes About Music, War, and Other Things
31. “I listen to some of the lyrics I used to write and I say, “Where was my head at when I wrote that?” – Ozzy Osbourne
32. “I’m not a musician – I’m a ham.” – Ozzy Osbourne
33. “Rock music is not meant to be perfect.” – Ozzy Osbourne
34. “All that stuff about heavy metal and hard rock, I don’t subscribe to any of that. It’s all just music. I mean, the heavy metal from the Seventies sounds nothing like the stuff from the Eighties, and that sounds nothing like the stuff from the Nineties. Who’s to say what is and isn’t a certain type of music?” – Ozzy Osbourne
35. “Pink Floyd was music for rich college kids, and we were the exact f**king opposite of that.” – Ozzy Osbourne
36. “What is this? It’s music to get a brain seizure by.” – Ozzy Osbourne
37. “You can never take the violence back.” – Ozzy Osbourne
38. “I keep hearing this fucking thing that guns don’t kill people, but people kill people. If that’s the case, why do we give people guns when they go to war? Why not just send the people?” – Ozzy Osbourne
39. “They say military have the so-called ‘secret intelligence’ – this amount of intelligence must be very secret, since I’ve never seen any intelligent military person, nor I have seen any sense in the bloody stupid wars.” – Ozzy Osbourne
40. “I’d rather see twenty thousand smiling faces than twenty thousand crying people.” – Ozzy Osbourne
Ozzy Osbourne Quotes About Love and Hate
41. “Maybe it’s not too late to learn how to love and forget how to hate.” – Ozzy Osbourne
42. “Hating people isn’t a productive way of living. So what’s the point in hating anyone? There’s enough hate in the world as it is, without me adding to it.” – Ozzy Osbourne
43. “When you’re in love, it’s not just about the messing around in the sack, it’s about how empty you feel when they’re gone.” – Ozzy Osbourne
44. “I love you all; I love you more than life itself, but you’re all fucking mad.” – Ozzy Osbourne
45. “I didn’t have a clue what love was about until I met Sharon.” – Ozzy Osbourne
46. “Five kids in one lifetime ain’t bad – and I love them all so much. They’re the best things that ever happened to me, no question about it.” – Ozzy Osbourne
47. “I loved being a dad. It’s just so much fun watching these little people you’ve brought into the world as they develop and grow up.” – Ozzy Osbourne
48. “I have a genuine love affair with my audience. When I’m on stage they’re not privileged to see me. It’s a privilege for me to see them.” – Ozzy Osbourne
49. “The Beatles. I didn’t like the ﬁrst couple of songs, but when I heard “She Loves You’, it was like something went off in my head.” – Ozzy Osbourne
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Beatles quotes that reach for a better world.
50. “With time, people forget to say, “Darling I love you.” just that word…” – Ozzy Osbourne
Which of these Ozzy Osbourne quotes is your favorite?
While Ozzy Osbourne has been part of many rumors, including that he is a Satanist, he tells a different story. Drugs and alcohol have caused him to do what many consider odd or scary, especially in his early years.
But after having a family reality show with his wife and children, he’s been able to show some a different side of him than what they might see on stage.
He’s won numerous awards in both England and America, including things like Grammys, MTV Europe Music Awards, Billboard Touring Awards, and even a Lifetime Achievement Award and Guinness World Record for “longest scream by a crowd”. He has also been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
Did you enjoy reading these Ozzy Osbourne quotes and lyrics? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
February 3, 2021 7:00 AM EST