These pumpkin quotes will get you in the Autumn spirit for sure!
It’s that wonderful time of the year where things are made from “pumpkin spice and everything nice.” Fall is my favorite season and all the pumpkin things are a big reason why!
We go to the pumpkin patch and the corn maze. I am one of those people who eats everything pumpkin spice until it disappears again.
There are plenty of pumpkin quotes that will remind you of the culinary uses for the pumpkin (it isn’t just for pie!). There are some about pumpkins and Halloween. ‘The Great Pumpkin’ and Charlie Brown’s friends also have some pumpkin words of wisdom.
As I wrote these, I was looking around my house at the pumpkin-themed decorations. I hope they make you as happy as they made me.
Don’t forget to also check out these Halloween quotes for the spookiest time of the year.
Edible pumpkin quotes
1. “It was time to take the pumpkin out of the pot and eat it. In the final analysis, that was what solved these big problems of life. You could think and think and get nowhere, but you still had to eat your pumpkin. That brought you down to earth. That gave you a reason for going on. Pumpkin.” ― Alexander McCall Smith
2. “I will defend pumpkin until the day I die. It’s delicious. It’s healthy. I don’t understand the backlash. How did pumpkin become this embarrassing thing to love, but bacon is still the cool flavor to add to everything? I don’t have anything against bacon; just don’t come after pumpkin like it’s a crime to love an American staple.” ― Anna Kendrick
3. “Pumpkin compotes in a masa shell,” she says. “It’s a new recipe I’m going to try this week.” “So, a pumpkin tamale? You know you can just call it a pumpkin tamale. Nobody’s going to be impressed because you used some fancy words.”
Her mouth turns down. “Thank you for the editorial. Just try it.”
I take a bite. It’s good. Better than I expected. The balance of cinnamon and nutmeg is perfect, a hint of allspice. And some ingredients I can’t place. Almost… coppery? But it works.” ― Rebecca Roanhorse
4. “Seven extra grams of grated nutmeg makes all the difference. Best cinnamon-streusel pumpkin muffin ever. Or at least so far.”
I opened my eyes, making a slow assessment of my kitchen. Four other batches of pumpkin muffins littered the countertop, many of them on their sides after I took one bite and impatiently tossed them aside. This batch, the fifth, was the queen of the bunch.” ― Kimberly Stuart
5. “Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” ― Jim Davis
6. “Instead of doing cinnamon, nutmeg, and all those baking spices, I’ll have one spice that’s for sweets, and that’s pumpkin pie spice.” ― Sandra Lee
7. “I love the scents of winter! For me, it’s all about the feeling you get when you smell pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, gingerbread and spruce.” ― Taylor Swift
8. “Pumpkin and nutmeg tarts are a small, sweet version of the classic tart, a combination that is a particular favorite of mine.” ― John Torode
9. “I like Thai food, Jamaican stews with yam, pumpkin and sweet potato.” ― Chris Smalling
10. “Make pumpkin bread as the default gift for everyone. It is cheap, it is beloved, it is carbs.” ― Karen Bender
11. “I really dislike soup, especially pumpkin soup.” ― Simone Giertz
12. “My most memorable meal is every Thanksgiving. I love the food: the turkey and stuffing; the sweet potatoes and rice, which come from my mother’s Southern heritage; the mashed potatoes, which come from my wife’s Midwestern roots; the Campbell’s green-bean casserole; and of course, pumpkin pie.” ― Douglas Conant
13. “I like to make pies. That’s kind of my new obsession – peach, blueberry, apple, strawberry. I make a really good pumpkin pie with real pumpkin.” ― Morgan Saylor
14. “Most pumpkin dishes involve scooping out the seeds, cutting off the skin, and chopping up the flesh before cooking.” ― Yotam Ottolenghi
‘The Great Pumpkin,’ quotes
15. “Each year, the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch that he thinks is the most sincere. He’s gotta pick this one. He’s got to. I don’t see how a pumpkin patch can be more sincere than this one. You can look around and there’s not a sign of hypocrisy. Nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see.” ― Linus
16. “Have you come to sing pumpkin carols?” ― Linus
17. “There are three things I’ve learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.” ― Linus
18. “He’ll come here because I have the most sincere pumpkin patch and he respects sincerity.” ― Linus
19. “You’re wasting your time; the Great Pumpkin is a fake!” ― Patty, writing as Linus
Pumpkin poems about Halloween
20. “The jack-o’-lantern follows me with tapered, glowing eyes. His yellow teeth grin evilly. His cackle I despise. But I shall have the final laugh when Halloween is through. This pumpkin king I’ll split in half to make a pie for two.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
21. “What do Halloween creatures eat? Hot spider soup with pumpkin meat and toasted, no-salt, bat-wing chips, served best with Transylvania dips. A thistle-horehound salad mi has added crunch from sun-dried ticks. The plat du jour is hairy beast fried crisp in grimy goblin grease Now, don’t forget dessert so sweet; try puss-cream pie or candied feet!” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
22. “Halloween colors, less or more, are pumpkin, witch, and bloody gore. You must mean orange, black, and red. Indeed, that’s what I said.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
23. “Halloween simply has a special feel about it. School is back, everyone is settled into their routines following summer, and there is pumpkin spice everywhere.” ― Natalya Neidhart
24. “If you’re ever wondering what to wear, just dress like a pumpkin, you’re good to go.” ― Devendra Banhart
25. “The great thing about candy is that it can’t be spoiled by the adult world. Candy is innocent. And all Halloween candy pales next to candy corn, if only because candy corn used to appear, like the Great Pumpkin, solely on Halloween.” ― Rosecrans Baldwin
26. “When my son was little, we mothers always did the Halloween parties, and I would wear my orange-and-black Chanel. It comes in handy on October 31. I’m the chicest pumpkin around.” ― Karen Katz
27. “Miraculously, smoke curled out of his own mouth, his nose, his ears, his eyes, as if his soul had been extinguished within his lungs at the very moment the sweet pumpkin gave up its incensed ghost.” ― Ray Bradbury
28. “Orange you pumped for Halloween?” ― Unknown
Funny and Punny pumpkin quotes
29. “It looks more like a rotting pumpkin.” ― Marissa Meyer
30. “—all I can say of the matter is—That he has either a pumpkin for his head, or a pippin for his heart, and whenever he is dissected ’twill be found so.” ― Laurence Sterne
31. “There were things that Pumpkin Head—now not Pumpkin Head anymore—had to do to be a girl. He had to be careful how he dressed, and how he acted. He had to be careful how he talked, and he always had to be calm. He was very frightened of what would happen if he didn’t stay calm. For his face was really just a wonderful plastic one. The real Pumpkin Head was still inside, locked in, waiting to come out.” ― Al Sarrantonio
32. “Why not imagine a talk with a pumpkin? Why not imagine going off for a drive with a friendly pumpkin, a companion who would not, after all, answer back; who would agree with everything you said, and would at the end of the day appear on your plate as a final gesture of friendship?” ― Alexander McCall Smith
33. “Let’s be honest: you can’t celebrate fall without its leading role – pumpkin! You can incorporate this flavor of the season in so many ways, from candles to lattes, pies to decorations.” ― Rachel Hollis
34. “Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of a pumpkin.” ― Simone Schwarz-Bart
35. “I think people fetishize glasses in general. You could put glasses on a rotting pumpkin and people would think it was sexy.” ― Tina Fey
36. “Oh, my gourd!” ― Unknown
37. “Hello, gourd-geous.” ― Unknown
38. “Having a really gourd time in this patch.” ― Unknown
39. “What do you get when you drop a pumpkin? Squash.” ― Unknown
40. “How do you mend a broken jack-o’-lantern? With a pumpkin patch.” ― Unknown
41. “Life is gourd.” ― Unknown
Pumpkin quotes that will make you smile
42. “Anna shuddered. “Orange is not the color of seduction, Christopher. Orange is the color of despair, and pumpkins.” ― Cassandra Clare
43. “The pumpkin is a uniquely American plant, widely regarded as one of the most magical plants in all the world.” ― Seth Adam Smith
44. “The pumpkin itself is a symbol for mortality.” ― Seth Adam Smith
45. “I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” ― Henry David Thoreau
46. “Good Morning America exploited Joan Lunden’s pregnancy, but you won’t see me bringing my babies on the air. The only reason I’m talking about the babies at all is that they’ve been with me on the show since I became pregnant. After a while, I had to acknowledge this pumpkin tummy.” ― Jane Pauley
47. “Everything is for sale in Hollywood; the fairy tale, the costume, the pumpkin, the footman and the mice.” ― Amanda Eliasch
48. “I’m half-Japanese, so I collect toys, like a Yayoi Kusama stuffed pumpkin.” ― Nicola Formichetti
49. “Whether we think of Disney’s blonde beauty and her pumpkin carriage or Marissa Meyer’s recent recasting of ‘Cinderella’ as a cyborg in the young adult novel ‘Cinder,’ we know that there are countless modern retellings of the tale.” ― Marie Rutkoski
50. “I always wanted to have a scenario where the guy didn’t have my number, but I had his. What if women make the first move, send the first message? And if they don’t, the match disappears after 24 hours, like in Cinderella, the pumpkin and the carriage? It’d be symbolic of a Sadie Hawkins dance – going after it, girls ask first.” ― Whitney Wolfe Herd
Did you enjoy these pumpkin quotes?
Tomorrow we are all getting together at my sister’s house to paint and carve pumpkins. I think we are going to make these adorable pumpkin patch brownies I found on the internet since the snow foiled the pumpkin patch plan. One downside of being in Montana for the fall…
Wherever you are, I hope you are enjoying the season! If anyone hates on your pumpkin spice latte, let them go. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life! I’m kidding… sort of.
What do your plans look like for Halloween this year, since things are a little different? We will make a Halloween themed dinner at my sister’s house and toss candy at the children.
Share your Halloween plans in the comments below! And don’t forget to also let us know which of these pumpkin quotes and sayings is your favorite.
November 6, 2020 6:55 AM EST