If you are interested in reading the best possible hiding quotes, we have something to share with you.
Here, you can find hiding quotes that are truly amazing and engaging.
You can share these quotes with others and seek their attention.
Apart from offering you these hiding quotes, we have also discussed the reasons behind our hiding behavior.
Hence, this article is going to be an interesting and informative one.
So, let’s dive in!
Why do people hide their feelings
With hiding feelings, people follow this type of behavior due to a wide array of reasons.
The most common of all these reasons is the fear of getting hurt if others don’t respect one’s feelings.
Besides, here are some other reasons people hide their feelings:
- Sometimes people think that the other person isn’t their type, and that’s why they try to hide their feelings.
- There is a misconception that feelings are for the weak, which is one reason some people try to hide their feelings.
- Usually, people don’t want to hurt others by sharing their feelings about them, which forces them to hide their feelings.
- Especially couples or spouses try to hide their feelings, as their relationship is going quite well and they don’t want to disturb the peace.
- People try to protect themselves by not disclosing their feelings to others. For instance, if people know what you feel about them, they could take advantage of you.
- People also try to hide their feelings as they don’t have the required confidence to share.
What are the drawbacks of hiding your emotions?
Hiding emotions can have significant impacts on your mental as well as physical health.
Here are the reasons you shouldn’t hide your emotions:
- It disrupts your communication with others.
- Hiding emotions or feelings can build up the emotions, which could cause an emotional explosion.
- When people hide their emotions, they are straining their relationship.
Top 10 hiding quotes
Here are the top 10 hiding quotes you would enjoy reading and sharing.
1. “Hiding is for amateurs.” — Ally Carter
2. “Isn’t everyone hiding something?” — Jessica Sorensen
3. “You can’t find peace by hiding from life.” — Nicole Kidman
4. “Hope is nature’s veil for hiding truth’s nakedness.” — Alfred Nobel
5. “Happiness is the greatest hiding place for despair.” — Soren Kierkegaard
6. “Those that walk with fear will always be too busy hiding.” — Michael Dolan
7. “All the secrets of the world worth knowing are hiding in plain site.” — Robin Sloan
8. “We’re all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that’s all.” — John Hughes
9. “Extraordinary things are always hiding in places people never think to look.” — Jodi Picoult
10. “The best hiding spots are not the most hidden; they’re merely the least searched.” — Chris Pavone
Hiding quotes for couples and spouses
This section offers hiding quotes for couples and spouses.
11. “Behind all this, some great happiness is hiding.” — Yehuda Amichai
12. “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.” — Zora Neale Hurston
13. “The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything.” — Eckhart Tolle
14. “Your worst enemy is hiding within yourself, and that enemy is your nafs or false ego.” — Rumi
15. “Very often, all the activity of the human mind is directed not in revealing the truth, but in hiding the truth.” — Leo Tolstoy
16. “You can show more of the reality of yourself instead of hiding behind a mask for fear of revealing too much.” — Betty Friedan
17. “Most of us remain strangers to ourselves, hiding who we are, and ask other strangers, hiding who they are, to love us.” — Leo Buscaglia
18. “You’re so calm and quiet, you never say. But there are things inside you. I see them sometimes, hiding in your eyes.” — Tracy Chevalier
19. “Hiding places there are innumerable, escape is only one, but possibilities of escape, again, are as many as hiding places.” — Franz Kafka
20. “I don’t like hiding. I do like to keep certain things to myself, but at the end of the day, I’m eighteen, and I’m going to fall in love.” — Selena Gomez
Hiding quotes to boost your morale
By going through these hiding quotes, you might feel elevated. This could help you boost your morale.
21. “The state within a state is hiding mostly in plain sight.” — Mike Lofgren
22. “I’d like to think the best of me was still hiding up in my sleeve.” — John Mayer
23. “Talking much about oneself may be a way of hiding oneself.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
24. “Hide it in a hiding place where no one ever goes Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes” — Paul Simon
25. “Language can be a way of hiding your thoughts and preventing communication.” — Abraham Maslow
26. “Hateful to me as are the gates of hell, Is he who, hiding one thing in his heart, Utters another.” — Homer
27. “You might be a redneck if your good deed for the month was hiding your brother for a few days.” — Jeff Foxworthy
28. “Because the Beloved wants to know, unseen things become manifest. Hiding is the hidden purpose of creation.” — Rumi
29. “I have often been downcast, but never in despair; I regard our hiding as a dangerous adventure, romantic and interesting at the same time.” — Anne Frank
30. “There are no ‘ifs’ in God’s Kingdom. His timing is perfect. His will is our hiding place. Lord Jesus, keep me in Your will! Don’t let me go mad by poking about outside it.” — Corrie Ten Boom
Hiding quotes for inspiration
You can seek the desired amount of inspiration while reading these hiding quotes.
31. “Liabilities are just assets in hiding.” — Mark Victor Hansen
32. “After all, the ordinary hero hiding in each of us is often the most powerful catalyst for change.” — Tate Taylor
33. “The freedom to think out loud on certain topics, without fear of being hounded into hiding or killed, has already been lost.” — Sam Harris
34. “That is what literature offers—a language powerful enough to say how it is. It isn’t a hiding place. It is a finding place.” — Jeanette Winterson
35. “It’s strange that so many people think it’s glamorous and fun to be on a set, I guess it shows they do a good job of hiding reality!” — Michael Jeter
Longer hiding quotes to consider
36. “One is what one is, and the dishonesty of hiding behind a degree, or a title, or any manner and collection of words, is still exactly that: dishonest.” — Kay Redfield Jamison
37. “A lot of people that are always trying to be funny and “on” and performing are just hiding. It’s just a cover for what they really are and how they really feel.” — Manny Montana
38. “There is no privacy that cannot be penetrated. No secret can be kept in the civilized world. Society is a masked ball where everyone hides his real character, then reveals it by hiding” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
39. “Sometimes carrying the burden of an upsetting truth, and hiding it, is actually a gift you give to someone else. You bear that burden, so they don’t have to, in a situation where telling them will change nothing.” — Cassandra Clare
40. “I wonder how many men, hiding their youngness, rise as I do, Saturday mornings, filled with the hope that Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam and Daffy Duck will be there waiting as our one true always and forever salvation?” — Ray Bradbury
Other hiding quotes to grab your attention
Here, we have specifically created a list of hiding quotes that are interesting enough to grab your attention.
41. “We spend too much time hiding illness.” — Roger Ebert
42. “Is there anybody hiding there in the dark?” — Peter Sellers
43. “I think people respect honesty rather than hiding it.” — Jack Whitehall
44. “In the clear mind of virtue treason can find no hiding-place.” — Philip Sidney
45. “We’re artists too, but we do a good job hiding it, don’t we?” — Roberto Bolano
46. “Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something.” — Daniel Handler
47. “I have no intention of hiding who I am because I know I have done nothing wrong.” — Edward Snowden
48. “Moammar Gadhafi was found hiding in a storm sewer with a gold-plated gun. That’s me in retirement, ladies and gentlemen.” — David Letterman
49. “Those partial to drink were hiding faults and dishonesty. They were sloppy souls, even the ones with pleasant manners and fine noses.” — Sarah Hall
50. “But that afternoon he asked himself, with his infinite capacity for illusion, if such pitiless indifference might not be a subterfuge for hiding the torments of love.” — Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Which one of these hiding quotes is your favorite?
After going through our list of hiding quotes, it would be much easier for you to find your preferred hiding quote.
We have wisely created this compilation of hiding quotes to offer you the quotes of your choice.
Here, you can also find a wide range of hiding quotes you can share with your friends and family.
If you like our collection of hiding quotes, just let us know by commenting in the section below.
We would love to hear from you.
January 18, 2023 6:00 AM EST