These Queen of the South quotes will remind you that women can be equal or much stronger than men.
Queen of the south is a crime drama series that revolves around violence and the drug empire. It is a direct adaptation of the novel written by Arturo Perez-Reverte.
The show is about the journey of Teresa Mendoza in becoming America’s most dangerous queenpin and how a poor Mexican woman built a massive influence through drugs.
This series will take you through the life struggles of Teresa and how she works her way up in a Man’s world using her cunning and wits to overcome all adversities.
This series depicts how dangerous and powerful a woman can be in a harsh situation. Enjoy these Queen of the South quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Narcos quotes about the drug-kingpin himself.
Queen of the South quotes from Camila
1. “Pull the trigger if it brings you peace. I will always love you, my daughter.” — Camila
2. “There can only be one queen.” — Camila
3. “If you want to succeed as a businesswoman, Teresa, you have to learn how to control your weaknesses before somebody else exploits them and costs you your life.” — Camila
4. “There are people in my state who have doubts about my competence. There are those who think that a woman isn’t worthy to fill her husband’s shoes.” — Camila
5. “I know you’re scared. Use that fear to stay alive. After all, you’re a survivor.” — Camila
6. “I’ve been walking around that ego for 25 years. It’s like a bad road that you learn to know all the bumps.” — Camila
7. “My instincts are seldom wrong.” — Camila
8. “It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.” — Camila
Queen of the South quotes from Teresa
9. “ I trusted you. I don’t trust anyone” — Teresa
10. “Running a cartel is like driving a motorcycle a hundred miles an hour in traffic, any miscalculation, any mistake can have fatal consequences.” — Teresa
11. “ If you want to succeed in this business, some day you will have to choose between survival and your heart.” — Teresa
12. “As long as you’re alive you can recreate yourself.” — Teresa
13. “If I know too much, I’m dispensable. If I know too little, I’m disposable.” — Teresa
14. “We stay, we die. We go, we still have a chance.” — Teresa
15. “No one gives you a manual on how to be the boss, so every difficult decision falls on you, and when your people fail you, as hard as it is, you have no choice but to let them go.” — Teresa
16. “You once told me I was better than Camila because I had a heart. This is what that looks like” — Teresa
17. “Your life is painful and ugly but it’s yours and you only get one.” — Teresa
18. “Pain can make you strong or it can make you stupid. I hope those green eyes are worth it.” — Teresa
19. “I’ll fight ’till I die but I’m not running anymore.” — Teresa
20. “If they want to act like gangsters, let’s treat them like gangsters.” — Teresa
Queen of the South quotes from Cortez
21. “Revenge is like any drug, it can please you or it can rule you. Obsession will kill logic when you need it most.” — Cortez
22. “If I spoke to my mother like that I would not be standing here right now. My father would kill me. That disrespect can lead to serious consequence.” — Cortez
Queen of the South quotes from James
23. “I don’t believe in omens. I believe in survival instinct, like the one that tells me to stay away from wounded lions.” — James
24. “That thing you’re trying to keep alive inside you. It’s what’s going to get you killed.” — James
25. “You know staying here isn’t smart, it’s suicide.” — James
26. “We’ve already got more money than we can launder. This is about power. You could have died today.” — James
Queen of the South quotes from Pote
27. “That’s a pretty castle. You know what your castle needs? A little soldier to protect it.” — Pote
28. “They know where you are, Kelly Anne. You need to run, leave everything. Go now!” — Pote
29. “I couldn’t protect her in life, the least I can do is carry out her wishes in death.” — Pote
30. “I’m about to have a family, a new life. You need to take care of Teresa now, Chicho. It’s your job. Don’t let me down.” — Pote
31. “I will not go down without a fight. I will either bring Kelly Anne home or I will die trying but I will not hand you over.” — Pote
32. “Isn’t it bad luck to see him before he’s finished baking?” — Pote
33. “I used to live for the day, but now I can’t stop thinking about the future.” — Pote
34. “He’s Boaz. He might be on his best behavior right now, but he’s a ticking time bomb. It’s just a matter of time before the real Pendejo shows up and explodes.” — Pote
35. “Codes are meant to be cracked.” — Pote
36. “ And once you’ve been hungry, you’ll do anything not to feel like that again.” — Pote
37. “Not everyone was as lucky as you, Cabron. While he was sending you to night school, he was sending these kids to hell.” — Pote
38. “You are the kindest, most generous woman that I have ever known, with so much love in your heart that you have no idea what to do with it.” — Pote
39. “Either one of us goes down for this, or we all do.” — Pote
Queen of the South quotes from Devon
40. “ It’s clear you have no intentions of running the business like Teresa but at least try to be discreet.” — Devon
41. “It wasn’t enough to buy her house, now you’re selling your own Tequila?” — Devon
42. “Sleeping in Teresa’s bed isn’t the same as filling her shoes.” — Devon
43. “Teresa was successful because she knew how to fly under the radar.” — Devon
44. “But you know it doesn’t work like that. Nobody gets out including you. You know what has to be done. Belize is nice this time of year.” — Devon
45. “Teresa, you do this for me you will be the largest, most powerful cartel in the world and you can finish building your shiny American dream. Kostya is an enemy of the state. Now, you can be an instrument to defend our democracy or a casualty of it. You choose.” — Devon
46. “You were a money changer on the streets of Sinaloa. What you’ve already achieved is impossible. I have no doubt, you’ll find a way.” — Devon
Queen of the South quotes from Boaz
47. “I was discreet. I cut out his tongue so the neighbors wouldn’t hear him scream.” — Boaz
48. “Teresa’s shoes led her to the grave. Now I find my own path.” — Boaz
49. “You know people equate crazy with stupid and I’m neither. Everyone’s going to find out soon enough.” — Boaz
50. “I don’t think you ever understood the darker side of this business, Teresa.” — Boaz
51. “This Isn’t personal. I’ve always liked you. I don’t want to hurt you or your baby. When this is all over, I promise you’re going to walk away.” — Boaz
52. “ If Pote were half the man you say he is, you wouldn’t be here now.” — Boaz
53. “Teresa Mendoza, I’m coming for you next.” — Boaz
54. “I still owe Teresa my life. She should have killed me for disobeying her, but her heart’s bigger than my balls. No, she’s got nothing to fear from me.” — Boaz
55. “He just has the face of a dumb ass. He’s not as dumb as he appears to be.” — Boaz
56. “I know my timing sucks, and my style’s not your style, but that mother fucker should have died the first time he stuck his hand out. You know it, and I know it.” — Boaz
Which of these Queen of the South quotes is your favorite?
The show gets much of its inspiration from narcocorridos or drug ballads and powerful stories of real-life Mexican drug lords.
One of the real-life inspirations for the novel’s conception and the series is Sandra Avila Beltran, also known as the “Queen of the Pacific”, an infamous female drug trafficker that reached massive influence among Mexican Cartels.
These things created a unique and enticing story for fans of that genre. The intense and violent story built up around the complex characters creating a storyline many enjoyed.
If you like these Queen of the South quotes and sayings, you are free to share them with your friends.
November 9, 2021 7:00 AM EST