Recycling Quotes To Repurpose and Reuse
December 1, 2022 8:00 AM EST
Take a moment to repurpose and reuse some of these remarkable recycling quotes.
Look, nobody likes to hear about what they are not doing well.
As a planet, we are not doing so hot when caring for our environment.
We could certainly improve our recycling skills.
Tell us your favorite recycling quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these recycling quotes?
Recycling is one action we can take to improve our environment.
- not difficult; it can be fun
- when we convert waste materials into reusable items
- part of our efforts to prevent pollution of our land space and oceans
Across the country, gas prices continue to soar, impacting how many people heat their homes.
Did you know that the amount of wood and paper we throw away is enough to heat 50,000,000 homes for 20 years?
These solutions do not require high-tech or arduous actions on our part but a shift in how we perceive “trash.”
Short recycling quotes for Instagram
1. “I’m a recycling obsessive.” — Perdita Weeks
2. “If you recycle, the planet loves you.” — Anonymous
3. “Recycle like your life depends on it.” — Anonymous
4. “Recycle, Reduce, Reuse, the power is yours!” — Captain Planet
5. “We were in recycling before recycling was cool.” — Anthony Pratt
6. “The recycling in my house was imposed by my kids.” — Antonio Banderas
7. “If you’re not buying recycled products, you’re not really recycling.” — Ed Begley, Jr.
8. “I like to take out the recycling because I actually feel like I’m doing something.” — Mike Quigley
9. “You can recycle pretty much everything in your house if you are mindful about what you buy.” — Anonymous
10. “If you want grown-ups to recycle, just tell their kids the importance of recycling, and they’ll be all over it.” — Bill Nye
Recycling quotes about energy and landfills
11. “I’m adamant about recycling in my house, and I’m always making sure to turn off the lights.” — Matt Lanter
12. “Most fashion is worn for a few seasons and off-loaded into the recycling bin or, worse, some landfill.” — Robin Givhan
13. “My hobby of not attending meetings about recycling saves more energy than your hobby of recycling.” — John McCarthy
14. “Recycling, cutting back on driving, and changing out old light bulbs for energy-efficient ones might save half a ton of carbon a year.” — Annie Lowrey
15. “Seoul will build more resource recovery facilities and establish new recycling facilities with the aim of achieving zero landfills of domestic waste.” — Park Won-soon
16. “The more you focus on sex without love, and drugs and violence, lifestyle of intimidation and recycling, the less energy you spend on opening up the big tent.” — Jesse Jackson
17. “A household going car-free, flight-free, and vegan – changes impractical, if not outright impossible, for many families to make – might reduce emissions by four tons a year.” — Annie Lowrey
18. “Mostly, I spend my time being a mother to my two children, working in my organic garden, raising masses of sweet peas, being passionately involved in conservation, recycling and solar energy.” — Blythe Danner
19. “When coming in to land at Santiago, Chile, I saw the area between the city and the Andes mountains was smoking with rubbish dumps. While exploring the dumps, I made friends with people living and working there and saw how they survived through recycling the rubbish.” — Michael Foreman
20. “In Japan, Taiwan and South Korea, the government in a matter of years has put a lot of energy behind recycling food waste as livestock feed. It’s environmentally friendly, it provides cheap livestock feed for the farmers in those parts of the world, and it avoids sending the food waste to landfill.” — Tristram Stuart
More short recycling quotes
21. “You can’t just keep recycling revivals.” — Harold Prince
22. “There’s a recycling mentality about my work.” — Wangechi Mutu
23. “For me, green is more about cycling than recycling.” — Giles Deacon
24. “Recycling old buildings to show art is very important.” — Agnes Gund
25. “A Smart City cannot be imagined without proper recycling.” — Rajnath Singh
26. “It’s like recycling: selling old clothes to help make new ones.” — Erin O’Connor
27. “My mom is the recycling Nazi, and I always bring a bag to the grocery store.” — Jane Levy
28. “My father was in the paper recycling business back before they called it recycling.” — Daniel Keyes
29. “Recycling, packaging, businesses are changing all of those things because that’s what consumers want.” — Jerry Greenfield
30. “Recycling is an area where jobs could be created at low cost. Green collar workers. That’s not very sexy.” — Geoff Mulgan
Environmental and recycling quotes from celebrities
31. “In my family we’ve always been into ethical stuff and recycling.” — Bonnie Wright
32. “Our planet’s alarm is going off, and it is time to wake up and take action!” — Leonardo DiCaprio
33. “When he’s out, I collect them, cut off the labels, and bury them deep in the recycling box under the wine bottles.” — Helen George
34. “The kids are always so passionate. I feel like they are our protectors. They care so much about recycling and climate change.” — Zoe Ball
35. “Climate change is the greatest threat to our existence in our short history on this planet. Nobody’s going to buy their way out of its effects.” — Mark Ruffalo
36. “It’s my third boy in less than three years, so there wasn’t a lot to do. Hand-me-downs from my other children. I’m recycling, so it was a very easy thing.” — Hilaria Baldwin
37. “Climate change is real. It is happening right now, it is the most urgent threat facing our entire species, and we need to work collectively together and stop procrastinating.” — Leonardo DiCaprio
38. “It makes a big difference to recycle. It makes a big difference to use recycled products. It makes a big difference to reuse things, to not use the paper cup—and each time you do, that’s a victory.” — Emily Deschanel
39. “I own about 300 pairs of shoes. When I start to go over 300, I have mini-sales from my closet and give the money to charity. It’s my way of recycling; I feel like I can give back to the universe.” — Stacy London
40. “Years ago, we all talked about recycling and not dumping things down your drain and all of that, but talking doesn’t help much. Basically, it’s going to have to be legislation because the impact is so huge and diversified.” — Ted Danson
Recycling quotes that offer some direction and perspective
41. “We’ve been given a warning by science and a wake-up call by nature; it is up to us now to heed them.” — Bill McKibben
42. “Increasing recycling in Delaware is an idea whose time has come and, if put off, may not come again.” — Ruth Ann Minner
43. “The time for seeking global solutions is running out. We can find suitable solutions only if we act together and in agreement.” — Pope Francis
44. “If recycling is the future, then we must focus our efforts on mitigating negative impacts to our community while protecting our environment.” — Tony Cardenas
45. “I grew up in Plaza East public housing in the Western Addition, five of us living on $900 per month. ‘Recycling’ meant drinking out of old mayonnaise jars.” — London Breed
46. “People who volunteer at the recycling center or soup kitchen through a church or neighborhood group can come to feel part of something ‘larger.’” — Arlie Russell Hochschild
47. “It’s all about fair trade and helping people eating locally grown stuff. We’re recycling everything. We’re trying to tour in the most conscious way possible, environmentally and socially.” — Andrew Dost
48. “For the states that take the lead on reform – asset recycling, deregulation, service innovation – the Federal Government could step back and allow greater flexibility in how we deliver our responsibilities.” — Gladys Berejiklian
49. “Whether humans are responsible for the bulk of climate change is going to be left to the scientists, but it’s all of our responsibility to leave this planet in better shape for the future generations than we found it.” — Mike Huckabee
50. “We don’t need more recycling, we need a completely different system of closed-loop manufacturing, and no matter how many cans I crush, my personal actions at the consumer level are of very little importance in getting us there.” — Alex Steffen
What are your thoughts on recycling?
It is a sobering thought, but on average, each of us produces about 4.4 pounds of solid waste daily.
Much of this is paper waste.
A solution to this problem is to be mindful of how we use and reuse paper and dispose of it.
Aluminum can be recycled repeatedly; there is no limit to how many times they can remake it.
We can reduce how much trash we create by being mindful of where we put aluminum cans when we are done with them.
It does not require a Herculean effort to put the can in the recycling bin instead of the trash bin.
In the digital age, where more people read their news from online sources rather than paper sources, we still produce tons of newspaper waste.
If we recycled all the newspapers, we could save 250.00 million trees annually!
We can do it!
Tell us your favorite recycling quote in the comment section below.
Share this article with your environmentally conscious friends on social media.