This “Sunday quotes” collection will inspire you and fill you with positivity as you welcome a new week.
Sunday is one of the favorite days for many people because it’s a day we get to rest from work.
Which of these Sunday quotes resonated the most with you? Let us know in the comment section.
What are the benefits of reading Sunday quotes?
The Sunday quotes below will encourage you to usher in the new week on a high note.
It’s a day we get to:
- Go to church
- Spend time with our loved ones
- Do anything we love and engage in self-care
However, no matter how early you wake up or how long you spend in bed on Sunday, it’s only a matter of time before Monday comes around.
This means you need to make the most of Sunday while you can.
Besides spending time with friends and family or relaxing solo, Sunday is a good day to prepare for the upcoming week.
By getting ready for the new week on Sunday, you will not dread Monday morning.
You could prepare by:
- Going grocery shopping
- Doing laundry
- Planning your outfits for the week
- Cooking yourself healthy meals for the week.
To remind you how useful and blessed Sundays are, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and uplifting Sunday quotes, Sunday sayings, and Sunday proverbs, collected from various sources over the years.
Also, check out our list of Christianity quotes to inspire faith and love.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Sunday Quotes Celebrating the Upcoming Week
1. “Sunday is my favorite day.” – Emma Caulfield
2. ”Sunday is the core of our civilization, dedicated to thought and reverence.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. ”There is always something new to learn and feel each Sunday.” – Bishop Gerald Causse
4. ”SUNDAY – The day I planned a lot but actually do nothing.” – Lovely Goyal
5. ”Sunday is the Lord’s Day. Let us find time to be with him.” – Pope Francis
6. “Every day brings new choices.” —Martha Beck
7. “Sunday, the day for the language of leisure.” – Elfriede Jelinek
8. “Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
9. “Spend some time this weekend on home improvement; improve your attitude toward your family.” — Bo Bennett
10. “Sunday! A family day with a touch of weekend thrown in for good measure.” — Anthony T. Hincks
Sunday quotes to give you inspiration
11. “Do not let Sunday be taken from you. If your soul has no Sunday, it becomes an orphan.” – Albert Schweitzer
12. “Without the weekend, where would the week be?” — Anthony T. Hincks
13. “Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week.” – Joseph Addison
14. “The goal of Sunday is to leave my home as little as possible.” – Mark Morris
15. “Without Sunday, I wouldn’t know when to put on the brakes of a hurtling life.” – Byron Pulsifer
16. “Take the time to do what you love to do this weekend.” — Catherine Pulsifer
17. “The frantic pace of life is only interrupted by the quietness of Sunday.” – Byron Pulsifer
18. “This weekend don’t think about Monday, it will come soon enough.” — Robert Rivers
19. “Be in the habit of getting up bright and early on the weekends. Why waste such precious time in bed?” — Marilyn Vos Savant
20. ”Don’t judge men’s wealth or godliness by their Sunday appearance.” – Benjamin Franklin
Also, check out our list of the best grace quotes to feed your soul.
Happy blessed Sunday quotes
21. “May your Sunday be full of fun and laughter.” – Kate Summers
22. “Not only is there no God, but try finding a plumber on Sunday.” — Woody Allen
23. “Poetry is truth in its Sunday clothes.” — Joseph Roux
24. “I guess God made Boston on a wet Sunday.” — Raymond Chandler
25. “SUNDAY – The day I planned a lot but did nothing.” – Lovely Goyal
26. “Why is Sunday a day of rest because it is different than all the rest.” – Byron Pulsifer
27. ”You know what Sunday is, it’s a day with a lot of potential for naps.” – Polly Horvath
28. “Time flows in a strange way on Sundays.” – Haruki Murakami
29. ”This is Sunday, and the question arises, what’ll I start tomorrow?” – Kurt Vonnegut
30. ”Sunday, for me, is all about being home with the family with no plans.” – John Lasseter
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Friday quotes to help you reflect on an amazing week.
Sunday quotes to fill you with positivity
31. ”Well, there’s nothing better than putting your feet up on a Sunday afternoon and grabbing a good book.” – Chris Klein
32. “Sunday’s my day off, where I eat whatever I want. I don’t let myself have something. I do love French fries and bread.” – Ashley Tisdale
33. ”Have a great Sunday! Experience life in all possible ways: good-bad, bitter-sweet, dark-light, summer-winter. Experience all the dualities. Don’t be afraid of experience, because the more experience you have, the more mature you become.” – Osho
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Osho quotes on how to live life and find inspiration.
34. “Do not waste a single Sunday. If you don’t waste Sundays, you will be less likely to waste Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.” – Matthew Kelly
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Tuesday quotes celebrating momentum in your week.
35. ”How necessary Sundays have become. I reach for them like sleeping lovers on the other side of my earth or my mattress.” – Darnell Lamont Walker
36. “Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.” — Bill Watterson
37. ”Between Monday and Saturday men make an audience. On Sunday, they make a congregation.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
38. “Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.” — John Shirley
39. ”Sunday is a time when you sit back and reflect on all the blessings that you have received. Smile at all the good things that you are enjoying.” – Sera Train
40. ”But it’s Sunday, Mr. Bell. Clocks are slow on Sundays.” – Truman Capote
Sunday quotes to inspire and motivate
41. There aren’t enough days in the weekend.” — Rod Schmidt
42. ”What does Sunday, the day of the Lord, mean for us? It is a day for rest and for family, but first of all a day for Him.” – Pope Benedict XVI
43. ”The feeling of Sunday is the same everywhere, heavy, melancholy, standing still.” – Jean Rhys
44. “I’m learning the power of going away for the weekend and keeping myself company.” — Zoe Saldana
45. “The feeling of Sunday is the same everywhere, heavy, melancholy, standing still.” — Jean Rhys
46. “Sunday is the day when I prepare for the week ahead by making improbable To-Do lists and browsing Pinterest for ideas on how to decorate my imaginary mansion.” – Nanea Hoffman
47. “See life through the lens of a Sunday morning and everything will be easy.” – Unknown
48. ”Start this Sunday with a clean heart. No doubt, no tears, no fear, no worry. Thank God for his priceless gifts and miracles throughout the world.” – Unknown
49. ”You cannot have the beginnings of a productive week without a Sunday spent in the calmness of the day.” – Byron Pulsifer
50. ”On Sunday mornings, as the dawn burned into day, swarms of gulls descended on the uncollected trash, hovering and dropping in the cold clear light.” – Edward Conlon
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of morning inspirational quotes to help you get your day started.
Sunday quotes to inspire happiness
51. “Happiness is a hot bath on a Sunday afternoon.” – A.D. Posey
52. “Free yourself from all prejudices and let yourself go on Sunday.” – Unknown
53. “Do not let the shadows of yesterday spoil your sunshine today. Have a beautiful Sunday.” – Unknown
54. “Hello Sunday! Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.” – Unknown
55. “Sunday is an excellent chance to start living your life to the fullest, do what you want and forget about consequences.” – Unknown
56. “Enjoy your Sunday! Have faith in your heart and courage to fulfill all your dreams.” – Unknown
57. “Cheers to Sunday. Snuggle by the fire, read a good book, have a hot cup of coffee (or two), watch an old movie, relax and enjoy the day.” – Unknown
58. “It’s a beautiful Sunday! There are so many reasons to be happy and not to give up, look around and cheer up.” – Unknown
59. “The city takes a breath on Sunday. Of all that’s lost with the pursuit of what’s next, I hope we don’t lose that.” – Hawksley Workman
60. “Sunday was always the best of days for being the self you had intended to be, but were not, for one reason or another.” – Jesse Ball
Sunday quotes to make it more meaningful
61. “After a week of the contained chaos that is my job, I need some solitary running time. On Sundays, I can unwind and reconnect with the natural world.” – Linda Jones
62. “There are many persons who look on Sunday as a sponge to wipe out the sins of the week.” – Henry Ward Beecher
63. “It’s a new day. I’m alive. I’m blessed. God is good. God is great. Have a blessed Sunday!” – Unknown
64. “May your Sunday be blessed with love, joy, peace and happiness.” – Unknown
65. “Don’t waste a single Sunday. If you don’t waste Sundays, you will be less likely to waste Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of monday motivation quotes to help you get the week started.
66. “Take your life into your own hands and make this Sunday awesome!” – Unknown
67. “Sunday brings along memories of childhood when I used to wake up to go to church. Then when I would return home there would be something special for breakfast. I miss those days.” – Quincy Latte
68. “Have a prosperous Sunday! Meet with your family and friends and spend each second of this day with pleasure.” – Unknown
69. “Each of us experiences defeats in life. We can transform defeat into victory if we learn from life’s whuppings.” — Les Brown
70. “Have the courage to start a new path this Sunday and a miracle will happen.” – Unknown
Sunday quotes to nourish your soul
71. “Meet this happy Sunday! Remember: whatever you do and wherever you go, take always a smile and a good mood with you.” – Unknown
72. “A grateful heart is a beginning of greatness. It is an expression of humility. It is a foundation for the development of such virtues as prayer, faith, courage, contentment, happiness, love, and well-being.” – James E. Faust
73. “Sunday. Take it slow and give your soul a chance to catch up with your body.” – Unknown
74. “A productive Sunday is the Sunday when you felt and learned something new.” – Unknown
75. “Give and accept pleasure, happiness, and laughter, because today is Sunday.” – Unknown
76. “You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Spring from coming.” ― Pablo Neruda
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of Thursday quotes to inspire the end of your week.
77. “Today will never come again. Be a blessing. Be a friend. Encourage someone. Take time to care. Let your words heal, and not wound.” – Unknown
78. “When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure that you are always blessed in abundance.” – Joel Osteen
79. “Sunday is a wonderful day to spend in the circle of your family and friends, make impressions for the whole week today.” – Unknown
80. “Physical strength can never permanently withstand the impact of spiritual force.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
More Sunday quotes to inspire you
81. “Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 19
82. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
83. “Happy & Blessed Sunday. May you enjoy the blessings and favor of God today. Enjoy the beauty that this day brings.” – Unknown
84. “None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.” ― Paulo Coelho
85. “Always find time for the things that make you feel happy to be alive. Happy Sunday.” – Unknown
86. “Sunday is a day to thank God for all His blessings of the last week.” – Unknown
87. “Sunday is a perfect day to choose a new path in life, don’t be afraid of changes, they come when they are really needed. Have a wonderful Sunday.” – Unknown
88. “Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again.” ― Joseph Campbell
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Wednesday quotes to help you get through the week.
89. “Smile more than you cry, give more than you take and love more than you hate.” – Unknown
90. “You and your purpose in life are the same thing. Your purpose is to be you.” ― George Alexiou
Other inspirational Sunday quotes and sayings
91. “It’s Sunday! Let you be in harmony with yourself and with the outer world and spend this day brightly.” – Unknown
92. “Oh dear Sunday, I want to sleep in your arms and have fun day.” – Santosh Kalwar
93. “Let this Sunday be a rainbow for the entire upcoming week! Shine & smile!” – Unknown
94. “It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.” – Robert H. Goddard
95. “Let this Sunday morning bring you lots of smiles and you’ll leave all troubles behind you.” – Unknown
96. “A hopeless man sees difficulties in every chance, but a hopeful person sees chances in every difficulty.” – Ali ibn Abi Talib
97. “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
98. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” – Orison Swett Marden
99. “The first step is you have to say that you can.” – Will Smith
100. “Open your heart and your eyes to all that you are blessed with this Sunday, be grateful!”- Unknown
Sunday quotes about the first day of the week
101. ”Sundays tend to be a day where just I do nothing but visit people. It’s kind of like trick-or-treating.” – Chuck Palahniuk
102. “Ah, Sunday, the day of rest… now THAT’S something to be thankful for!” – Aaron P. Taylor
103. ”Always take some of the play, fun, freedom and wonders of the weekend into your week and your work.”- Rasheed Ogunlaru
104. “In the morning on Sunday, a drum is sounded at about 8 o’clock.” — William Brewster
105. “It’s not enough to attend church and pray every Sunday; you have to act.” — Abbe Pierre
106. “People react to fear, not love; they don’t teach that in Sunday School, but it’s true.” — Richard M. Nixon
107. “Sunday evenings often feel like the weekend is over before it’s even begun.” — Catherine McCormack
108. “Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.” — Susan Ertz
109. “I want there to be no peasant in my kingdom so poor that he cannot have a chicken in his pot every Sunday.” — Henry IV
110. “I try to not work too many Sundays. At least on Sunday nights, I try to chill out a little bit. I call it Sunday Funday.” — Miley Cyrus
Thought Provoking Sunday Quotes
111. “I’m a serious Christian. I take my faith seriously. I try to practice it every day of the week, not just on Sunday.” ― Francis Collins
112. “I’m definitely not a traditionalist, because a traditionalist would be going to church every Sunday.” ― Oprah Winfrey
113. “I know that [Sunday is the day you spend with your family] is a tradition that I want to keep alive and I also want to share.” ― Karla Souza
114. “The most important things we talk about on Sundays are things to which we pay very little attention.” ― Erich Fromm
115. “On Sunday morning, I’m not nervous… I can’t wait to tell what God wants me to say.” ― Charles Stanley
116. “I do have to say my daughter, Sunday, said to me [I was being] overprotective, so you must have been a fly on the wall.” ― Nicole Kidman
117. “More and more people work on Sundays as a consequence of the competitiveness imposed by a consumer society.” ― Pope Francis
118. “It was a Sunday afternoon, wet and cheerless; and a duller spectacle this earth of ours has not to show than a rainy Sunday in London.” ― Thomas de Quincey
119. “Sunday is the best day of the week because we celebrate the risen Christ of the cross in the local church, the dearest place on earth.” ― C. J. Mahaney
120. “Give me a Sunday morning, that’s full of grace, A simple life and I’ll be okay, here in small town U.S.A.” ― Justin Moore
Which of these Sunday quotes is your favorite?
So, instead of spending your whole Sunday doing nothing, why not prepare yourself for the week ahead while you unwind?
You can prepare for the upcoming week in the afternoon while you relax or in the morning before heading out of the house if you plan to head out later in the day.
Get ready for the upcoming week and avoid the Monday morning panic caused by unpreparedness.
Hopefully, the Sunday quotes above have inspired you to love as well as make the most of your Sunday.
Did you enjoy these Sunday quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
October 25, 2022 5:00 AM EST