This Sunday quotes collection will inspire you and fill you with positivity as you welcome a new week.
Sunday is one of the favorite days for many people because it’s a day we get to rest from work.
Which of these Sunday Funday quotes resonated the most with you?
Let us know in the comment section.
What are the benefits of reading Sunday quotes?
The Sunday quotes below will encourage you to usher in the new week on a high note.
It’s a day we get to:
However, no matter how early you wake up or how long you spend in bed on Sunday, it’s only a matter of time before Monday comes around.
This means you need to make the most of Sunday while you can.
Besides spending time with friends and family or relaxing solo, Sunday is a good day to prepare for the upcoming week.
By getting ready for the new week on Sunday, you will not dread Monday morning.
You could prepare by:
- Going grocery shopping
- Doing laundry
- Planning your outfits for the week
- Cooking yourself healthy meals for the week
To remind you how useful, fun, and blessed Sundays are, below is our collection of Sunday Funday quotes, Sunday sayings, and Sunday proverbs collected from various sources over the years.
What is a nice quote for Sunday?
Here are some quotes highlighting the specialness of Sundays.
1. “Sunday is my favorite day.” — Emma Caulfield
2. “Sunday is the core of our civilization, dedicated to thought and reverence.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “There is always something new to learn and feel each Sunday.” — Bishop Gerald Causse
4. “SUNDAY – The day I planned a lot but actually do nothing.” — Lovely Goyal
5. “Sunday is the Lord’s Day. Let us find time to be with him.” — Pope Francis
6. “Every day brings new choices.” — Martha Beck
7. “Sunday, the day for the language of leisure.” — Elfriede Jelinek
8. “Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
9. “Spend some time this weekend on home improvement; improve your attitude toward your family.” — Bo Bennett
10. “Sunday! A family day with a touch of weekend thrown in for good measure.” — Anthony T. Hincks
Sunday quotes to give you inspiration
Find inspiration and motivation to start your week with these Sunday quotes.
11. “Do not let Sunday be taken from you. If your soul has no Sunday, it becomes an orphan.” — Albert Schweitzer
12. “Without the weekend, where would the week be?” — Anthony T. Hincks
13. “Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week.” — Joseph Addison
14. “The goal of Sunday is to leave my home as little as possible.” — Mark Morris
15. “Without Sunday, I wouldn’t know when to put on the brakes of a hurtling life.” — Byron Pulsifer
16. “Take the time to do what you love to do this weekend.” — Catherine Pulsifer
17. “The frantic pace of life is only interrupted by the quietness of Sunday.” — Byron Pulsifer
18. “This weekend don’t think about Monday, it will come soon enough.” — Robert Rivers
19. “Be in the habit of getting up bright and early on the weekends. Why waste such precious time in bed?” — Marilyn Vos Savant
20. “Don’t judge men’s wealth or godliness by their Sunday appearance.” — Benjamin Franklin
Happy blessed Sunday quotes
Let these quotes brighten your day and encourage you.
21. “May your Sunday be full of fun and laughter.” — Kate Summers
22. “Not only is there no God, but try finding a plumber on Sunday.” — Woody Allen
23. “Poetry is truth in its Sunday clothes.” — Joseph Roux
24. “I guess God made Boston on a wet Sunday.” — Raymond Chandler
25. “Saturdays and Sundays; Make every day for your weekend. Make every day a play-day.” ― James A. Murphy
26. “Why is Sunday a day of rest because it is different than all the rest.” — Byron Pulsifer
27. “You know what Sunday is? It’s a day with a lot of potential for naps.” — Polly Horvath
28. “Time flows in a strange way on Sundays.” — Haruki Murakami
29. “This is Sunday, and the question arises, what’ll I start tomorrow?” — Kurt Vonnegut
30. “Sunday, for me, is all about being home with the family with no plans.” — John Lasseter
Sunday quotes to fill you with positivity
It’s easy to have a positive attitude when you have Sunday vibes!
31. “Well, there’s nothing better than putting your feet up on a Sunday afternoon and grabbing a good book.” — Chris Klein
32. “Sunday’s my day off, where I eat whatever I want. I don’t let myself have something. I do love French fries and bread.” — Ashley Tisdale
33. “Have a great Sunday! Experience life in all possible ways: good-bad, bitter-sweet, dark-light, summer-winter. Experience all the dualities. Don’t be afraid of experience, because the more experience you have, the more mature you become.” — Osho
35. “How necessary Sundays have become. I reach for them like sleeping lovers on the other side of my earth or my mattress.” — Darnell Lamont Walker
36. “Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.” — Bill Watterson
37. “Between Monday and Saturday, men make an audience. On Sunday, they make a congregation.” — Mokokoma Mokhonoana
38. “Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.” — John Shirley
39. “Sunday is a time when you sit back and reflect on all the blessings that you have received. Smile at all the good things that you are enjoying.” — Sera Train
40. “But it’s Sunday, Mr. Bell. Clocks are slow on Sundays.” — Truman Capote
Sunday quotes to inspire you
Are you lacking motivation to start the week?
These quotes will help!
41. “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.” — Rod Schmidt
42. “What does Sunday, the day of the Lord, mean for us? It is a day for rest and for family, but first of all, a day for Him.” – Pope Benedict XVI
43. “The feeling of Sunday is the same everywhere, heavy, melancholy, standing still.” – Jean Rhys
44. “I’m learning the power of going away for the weekend and keeping myself company.” — Zoe Saldana
45. “We need the spirit of Sunday carried over to Monday and continued until Saturday.” ― Edward McKendree Bounds
46. “Sunday is the day when I prepare for the week ahead by making improbable To-Do lists and browsing Pinterest for ideas on how to decorate my imaginary mansion.” ― Nanea Hoffman
47. “Sunday on the beach, having sea shells in the pocket, sand in the shoes, was the day to refuel our souls and be grateful to the blessings.” ― Ejump
48. “Most of us spend the first six days of each week sowing wild oats; then we go to church on Sunday and pray for a crop failure.” ― Fred Allen
49. “You cannot have the beginnings of a productive week without a Sunday spent in the calmness of the day.” ― Byron Pulsifer
50. “On Sunday mornings, as the dawn burned into day, swarms of gulls descended on the uncollected trash, hovering and dropping in the cold clear light.” ― Edward Conlon
Sunday Funday quotes to inspire happiness
51. “Happiness is a hot bath on a Sunday afternoon.” ― A.D. Posey
52. “Every day can be a sunny day but not Sunday.” ― Invajy
53. “Sunday is a day of rest.” ― Mark Morris
54. “Sundays are like confetti floating in the air in slow motion; in the evening, they reach the ground, and you hope a bit of wind could blow on them so they could fly a bit longer.” ― Alain Bremond-Torrent
55. “Although I understand that all days are equal with 24 hours each, most of us agree that Friday is the longest day of the week and Sunday the shortest!” ― Mixell
56. “So that Sunday morning I ended up going to church and that’s when I got saved.” — Russell Wilson
57. “I have a car that I like – an Aston Martin – for Sunday drives in the country.” ― Seth MacFarlane
58. “The city takes a breath on Sunday. Of all that’s lost with the pursuit of what’s next, I hope we don’t lose that.” ― Hawksley Workman
59. “Sunday was always the best of days for being the self you had intended to be, but were not, for one reason or another.” ― Jesse Ball
Sunday quotes to make it meaningful
60. “After a week of the contained chaos that is my job, I need some solitary running time. On Sundays, I can unwind and reconnect with the natural world.” ― Linda Jones
61. “There are many persons who look on Sunday as a sponge to wipe out the sins of the week.” ― Henry Ward Beecher
62. “Sunday brings along memories of childhood when I used to wake up to go to church. Then, when I would return home, there would be something special for breakfast. I miss those days.” ― Quincy Latte
63. “Each of us experiences defeats in life. We can transform defeat into victory if we learn from life’s whuppings.” — Les Brown
64. “I go to church every Sunday. I’ve always been a believer. I love singing. I don’t have the best voice – I just love getting my emotions out.” ― Kellan Lutz
Sunday quotes to nourish your soul
65. “A grateful heart is a beginning of greatness. It is an expression of humility. It is a foundation for the development of such virtues as prayer, faith, courage, contentment, happiness, love, and well-being.” ― James E. Faust
66. “You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot keep Spring from coming.” ― Pablo Neruda
67. “When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure that you are always blessed in abundance.” ― Joel Osteen
69. “Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” ― Joshua 19
70. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy.” ― Norman Vincent Peale
71. “None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.” ― Paulo Coelho
72. “Is there any place on Earth that smells better than a laundromat? It’s like a rainy Sunday when you don’t have to get out from under your covers, or like lying back on the grass your father’s just mowed, comfort food for your nose.” ― Jodi Picoult
73. “Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again.” ― Joseph Campbell
74. “Workers should have Sundays off because Sunday is for the family. Calling for Sundays to be a holiday.” ― Pope Francis
75. “You and your purpose in life are the same thing. Your purpose is to be you.” ― George Alexiou
Other inspirational Sunday quotes and sayings
76. “Oh dear Sunday, I want to sleep in your arms and have a fun day.” ― Santosh Kalwar
77. “Sunday morning church service is not an enormous priority; spending time with other believers is.” ― Donald Miller
78. “It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.” ― Robert H. Goddard
79. “I always love to begin a journey on Sundays, because I shall have the prayers of the church to preserve all that travel by land, or water.” ― Jonathan Swift
80. “A hopeless man sees difficulties in every chance, but a hopeful person sees chances in every difficulty.” ― Ali ibn Abi Talib
81. “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” ― Christopher Reeve
82. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ― Orison Swett Marden
83. “The first step is you have to say that you can.” ― Will Smith
84. “So that Sunday morning, I ended up going to church, and that’s when I got saved.” ― Russell Wilson
Sunday Funday quotes about the first day of the week
These Sunday Funday quotes will help you get the week started out right.
85. “Sundays tend to be a day where just I do nothing but visit people. It’s kind of like trick-or-treating.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
86. “Ah, Sunday, the day of rest… now THAT’S something to be thankful for!” ― Aaron P. Taylor
87. “Always take some of the play, fun, freedom, and wonders of the weekend into your week and your work.” ― Rasheed Ogunlaru
88. “In the morning on Sunday, a drum is sounded at about 8 o’clock.” —William Brewster
89. “It’s not enough to attend church and pray every Sunday; you have to act.” — Abbe Pierre
91. “Sunday evenings often feel like the weekend is over before it’s even begun.” — Catherine McCormack
92. “Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.” — Susan Ertz
93. “I want there to be no peasant in my kingdom so poor that he cannot have a chicken in his pot every Sunday.” — Henry IV
94. “I try to not work too many Sundays. At least on Sunday nights, I try to chill out a little bit. I call it Sunday Funday.” — Miley Cyrus
Thought-Provoking Sunday Quotes
The day isn’t only for Sunday Funday quotes; these quotes will make you think.
95. “I’m a serious Christian. I take my faith seriously. I try to practice it every day of the week, not just on Sunday.” ― Francis Collins
96. “I’m definitely not a traditionalist because a traditionalist would be going to church every Sunday.” ― Oprah Winfrey
97. “I know that [Sunday is the day you spend with your family] is a tradition that I want to keep alive and I also want to share.” ― Karla Souza
98. “The most important things we talk about on Sundays are things to which we pay very little attention.” ― Erich Fromm
99. “On Sunday morning, I’m not nervous… I can’t wait to tell what God wants me to say.” ― Charles Stanley
100. “I do have to say my daughter, Sunday, said to me [I was being] overprotective, so you must have been a fly on the wall.” ― Nicole Kidman
101. “More and more people work on Sundays as a consequence of the competitiveness imposed by a consumer society.” ― Pope Francis
102. “It was a Sunday afternoon, wet and cheerless; and a duller spectacle this earth of ours has not to show than a rainy Sunday in London.” ― Thomas de Quincey
103. “Sunday is the best day of the week because we celebrate the risen Christ of the cross in the local church, the dearest place on earth.” ― C. J. Mahaney
104. “Give me a Sunday morning that’s full of grace, a simple life, and I’ll be okay, here in small town U.S.A.” ― Justin Moore
Sunday Funday Quotes For a Chill Day To Relax
105. “I watch NFL football on Sundays. I enjoy gaming with friends, meaning role-playing games; I still enjoy going to conventions and traveling.” — George R. R. Martin
106. “Without Sunday as my day of rest, my honey-do-list would beckon me.” — Byron Pulsifer
107. “I don’t go to church on Sunday, don’t get on my knees to pray, or memorize the books of the Bible, I got my own special way.” — Tom Waits
108. “NFL cheerleading is harder than most people think. They train up to six hours every day, with games on Sundays. They gave me a great work ethic.” — Sarah Shahi
109. “But I don’t necessarily define my faith by going to church every Sunday.” — Miley Cyrus
110. “My favorite country is America. I love going there! I go in the local lake near where I work on Sundays. It’s called Berry Hill.” — Tom Felton
111 “Sunday, a day of rest declared by God for our benefit; appreciate the day and rest.” — Byron Pulsifer
112. “You know what I like to do on a Sunday morning? Clean my house. I really enjoy it; it’s my ritual… I have to have everything spotless before I can relax.” — Jonathan Rhys Meyers
113. “When I was a kid, our family used to watch ‘Bonanza.’ I really liked having a Sunday night TV ritual.” — Anne Lamott
114. “I always look forward to Sunday; a day to offer my thanks; to give glory to the one true God of the universe and the purveyor of all peace.” — Byron Pulsifer
Sunday Quotes to Reflect on the Beauty of the Day
Enjoy beautiful Sunday Funday Quotes highlighting the start of the week.
115. “In my house, every Sunday, everybody was cleaning the house. There was always music, and everybody was dancing, sometimes naked around the house. Not hippie, but very free.” ― Penelope Cruz
116. “I went to see the film with a regular audience for the first time on Sunday and was basically swamped.” ― Verne Troyer
117. “The real advantage for me is that I have the opportunity to lead worship every Sunday.” ― John Tesh
118. “I play basketball on Sundays, and I’m a very spiritual guy; I read a lot of Eastern philosophy, and I meditate.” ― Garry Shandling
119. “We went to church every Sunday. When I was a kid, the only time I sang was around my family.” ― Darius Rucker
120. “…And Sunday’s the one day I rest, give thanks, and bless.” ― Special Ed
121. “If I have a Sunday free, I’ll go up the coast and spend some time on the beach. I scuba dive and swim and sail. A lot of the things I like are around the water.” ― Parker Stevenson
122. “Mom and Dad would stay in bed on Sunday morning, but the kids would have to go to church.” ― Lynn Johnston
123. “Sunday is my favorite day of the week! Hangin with the Lil man and dancing to yo gabba gabba; thanks, Andy Sandburg, for the sweet moves!” ― Ashlee Simpson
124. “Coming from the cotton plantation, the southern regions, I was brought up with real nice kids, mannered kids, who would go to church on Sunday.” ― Luther Allison
Sunday Quotes for Reflection and Renewal
125. “Photography today appears to be in a state of flight… The familiar is made strange, the unfamiliar grotesque. The amateur forces his Sundays into a series of unnatural poses.” ― Dorothea Lange
126. “Byron is one tough guy, and he can play through just about anything. I know he will be ready to go on Sunday.” ― Chad Pennington
127. “I am a professor who writes novels on Sundays.” ― Umberto Eco
128. “It is appalling that the most segregated hour of Christian America is eleven o’clock on Sunday morning.” ― Martin Luther King, Jr.
129. “One of my good friends is Christian, goes to church every Sunday, very religious. I’m fine with that, and I will never judge her.” ― Amber Tamblyn
130. “We are on Sunday night because that is where they put us 30-odd years ago.” ― Morley Safer
131. “I never manage to get to bed early on Sunday night, but this doesn’t matter, as I don’t know one level of exhaustion from another.” ― Sophie Ellis Bextor
132. “Not only will I beat you tonight… I’ll beat you this Sunday and become World Heavyweight Champion!” ― Oscar Gutierrezing beats a Woody Allen film on a Sunday night, with a glass of wine and some leftovers.” ― Kate Fleetwood
133. “Wherever I am in the world, I never get Sunday night blues. I suppose it’s because I’ve never worked at any one thing long enough to start hating it.” ― Hayley Mills
134. “I love nothing more than being in the last group on Sunday at the Masters. It’s the greatest thing in professional golf.” ― Louis Oosthuizen
Have a Wonderful Sunday That Carries You Through the Whole Week
135. “I was a Catholic boy, I went to church every Sunday. A church has a certain magic and mystery for a child.” — Robert Mapplethorpe
136. “It is not best to use our morals weekdays; it gets them out of repair for Sunday.” — Mark Twain
137. “A monarch, when good, is entitled to the consideration which we accord to a pirate who keeps Sunday School between crimes; when bad, he is entitled to none at all.” — Mark Twain
138. “Byron is one tough guy, and he can play through just about anything. I know he will be ready to go on Sunday.” — Chad Pennington
139. “On Sundays when I speak, I hopefully give somebody something that they can use the next day at work or at home.” — Joel Osteen
140. “Sunday afternoons at a parish center – or a community center – is familiar territory for me.” — Denis McDonough
141. “I make sure I make a painting – that’s my job. And I cook the Sunday dinner.” — Billy Childish
142. “My wife and I like to go to church if we’re in town. On Sundays, I try to be as chill as I can, whether I’m watching golf or barbecuing.” — Josh Duhamel
143. “If you cannot worship the Lord in the midst of your responsibilities on Monday, it is not very likely that you were worshiping on Sunday!” — Aiden Wilson Tozer
144. “Be someone’s Sunday, not a Saturday night.”
145. “I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.” — Audrey Hepburn
Dear Sunday: Please Bring Me an Amazing Week
These Happy Sunday quotes will inspire you to enjoy the weekend, and prepare for the week ahead!
146. “Sometimes I have loved the peacefulness of an ordinary Sunday. It is like standing in a newly planted garden after a warm rain. You can feel the silent and invisible life.” — Marilynne Robinson
147. “Sitting with her on Sunday evening — a wet Sunday evening — the very time of all others when if a friend is at hand the heart must be opened, and every thing told…” — Jane Austen
148. “On Sunday mornings, as the dawn burned into day, swarms of gulls descended on the uncollected trash, hovering and dropping in the cold clear light.” — Edward Conlon
149. “A Sunday well-spent brings a week of content.” — Proverb
Which of these Sunday Funday quotes is your favorite?
So, instead of spending your whole Sunday doing nothing, why not prepare yourself for the week ahead while you unwind?
You can prepare for the upcoming week in the afternoon while you relax or in the morning before heading out of the house if you plan to head out later in the day.
Get ready for the upcoming week and avoid the Monday morning panic caused by unpreparedness.
Hopefully, the Sunday quotes above have inspired you to love as well as make the most of the day.
Did you have a lazy Sunday afternoon, or even just an ordinary Sunday doing laundry?
Did you enjoy these Sunday quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.