This “Sunday quotes” collection will inspire you and fill you with positivity as you welcome a new week.
Sunday is one of the most favorite days for many people because it’s a day we get to rest from work. It’s a day we get to relax, go to church, spend time with our loved ones, or do anything we love.
However, no matter how early you wake up or how long you spend in bed on Sunday, it’s only a matter of time before Monday comes around. This means you need to make the most of Sunday while you can. The Sunday quotes below will motivate and encourage you to usher in the new week on a high note.
Besides spending time with friends and family, or relaxing solo, Sunday is a good day to prepare for the upcoming week. By getting ready for the new week on Sunday, you’re not going to dread Monday morning. You could prepare by going for grocery shopping, doing laundry, planning your outfits for the week, or by cooking yourself healthy meals for the week.
To remind you how useful and blessed Sundays are, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and uplifting Sunday quotes, Sunday sayings, and Sunday proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Also check out our list of Christianity quotes to inspire faith and love.
Sunday Quotes Celebrating the Upcoming Week
1. “Sunday is your best day. You know you had an amazing week. Time to recover and think how you gonna kill the next one.” – Unknown
2. “A Sunday well spent brings a week of content.” – Unknown
3. “Be in the habit of getting up bright and early on the weekends. Why waste such precious time in bed?” – Marilyn vos Savant
4. “Sunday is my favorite day.”- Emma Caulfield
5. “Do not waste a single Sunday. If you don’t waste Sundays, you will be less likely to waste Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.” – Matthew Kelly
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Tuesday motivation quotes celebrating momentum in your week.
6. “Sunday, the day for the language of leisure.” – Elfriede Jelinek
7. “On this Sunday, let us take a few moments to stop and thank God for all of the beauty that is in this world.” – Unknown
8. “Sunday is the day when I prepare for the week ahead by making improbable To Do lists and browsing Pinterest for ideas on how to decorate my imaginary mansion.” – Nanea Hoffman
9. “Do not let Sunday be taken from you. If your soul has no Sunday, it becomes an orphan.” – Albert Schweitzer
10. “Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Sunday quotes to give you inspiration
11. “Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week.” – Joseph Addison
12. “The goal of Sunday is to leave my home as little as possible.” – Mark Morris
13. “Sunday’s my day off, where I eat whatever I want. I don’t let myself have something. I do love French fries and bread.” – Ashley Tisdale
14. “Sunday is like this entertainment scrum for
15. ”Sunday is the perfect day to refuel your soul and to be grateful for each and every one of your blessings.” – Unknown
16. ”Sunday is the core of our civilization, dedicated to thought and reverence.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
17. ”Have a great Sunday! Experience life in all possible ways: good-bad, bitter-sweet, dark-light, summer-winter. Experience all the dualities. Don’t be afraid of experience, because the more experience you have, the more mature you become.” – Osho
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Osho quotes on how to live life and find inspiration.
18. ”The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend.” – Chuck Palahniuk
19. ”Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.” – John Shirley
20. ”Don’t judge men’s wealth or godliness by their Sunday appearance.” – Benjamin Franklin
Also check out our list of the best grace quotes to feed your soul.
Happy blessed Sunday quotes
21. ”Sundays tend to be a day where just I do nothing but visit people. It’s kind of like trick-or-treating.” – Chuck Palahniuk
22. ”When I woke up Sunday morning at the Open and stepped outside and felt the wind and rain in my face, I knew I had an excellent chance to win if I just took my time and trusted myself.“ – Tom Kite
23. ”Always take some of the play, fun, freedom
24. ”It’s not that we spend five days looking forward to just two. It’s that most people do what they enjoy most on those two days. Imagine living a life where every day is your Saturdays and Sundays. Make every day your weekend. Make every day a play-day…” – James A. Murphy
25. ”I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.” – Audrey Hepburn
26. ”This is your Sunday evening reminder that you can handle whatever this week throws at you.” – Unknown
27. ”There is always something new to learn and feel each Sunday.” – Bishop Gerald Causse
28. ”On this lovely Sunday, remember to take a deep breath and relax. Enjoy your family, your friends, and indulge yourself in a nice cup of coffee.” – Unknown
29. ”This is Sunday, and the question arises, what’ll I start tomorrow?” – Kurt Vonnegut
30. ”Sunday, for me, is all about being home with the family with no plans.” – John Lasseter
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of home quotes that will make you appreciate where you lay your head.
Sunday quotes to fill you with positivity
31. ”Well, there’s nothing better than putting your feet up on a Sunday afternoon and grabbing a good book.” – Chris Klein
32. ”But nothing beats a Woody Allen film on a Sunday night, with a glass of wine and some leftovers.” – Kate Fleetwood
33. ”It’s a beautiful Sunday morning and a great opportunity to thank the Lord for reminding us how blessed we are.” – Unknown
34. ”SUNDAY – The day I planned a lot but actually do nothing.” – Lovely Goyal
35. ”How necessary Sundays have become. I reach for them like sleeping lovers on the other side of my earth or my mattress.” – Darnell Lamont Walker
36. ”Sunday on the beach, having seashells in the pocket, sand in the shoes, was the day to refuel our souls and be grateful to the blessings.” – ejump
37. ”Between Monday and Saturday men make an audience. On Sunday, they make a congregation.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
38. ”You know what Sunday is, it’s a day with a lot of potential for naps.” – Polly Horvath
39. ”Sunday is a time when you sit back and reflect on all the blessings that you have received. Smile at all the good things that you are enjoying.” – Sera Train
40. ”But it’s Sunday, Mr. Bell. Clocks are slow on Sundays.” – Truman Capote
Sunday quotes to inspire and motivate
41. ”It can be sunny
42. ”What does Sunday, the day of the Lord, mean for us? It is a day for rest and for family, but first of all a day for Him.” – Pope Benedict XVI
43. ”The feeling of Sunday is the same everywhere, heavy, melancholy, standing still.” – Jean Rhys
44. ”On this wonderful Sunday, don’t forget to be thankful for the little things in life.” – Unknown
45. ”Today is Sunday, so please conduct yourself accordingly. Sleep in, sip tea, lay around in your pajamas, listen to good music, and indulge yourself in an afternoon nap.” – Unknown
46. ”Sunday is the Lord’s Day. Let us find time to be with him.” – Pope Francis
47. ”Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” – Unknown
48. ”Start this Sunday with a clean heart. No doubt, no tears, no fear, no worry. Thank God for his priceless gifts and miracles throughout the world.” – Unknown
49. ”You cannot have the beginnings of a productive week without a Sunday spent in the calmness of the day.” – Byron Pulsifer
50. ”On Sunday mornings, as the dawn burned into
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of morning inspirational quotes to help you get your day started.
Sunday quotes to inspire happiness
51. “Happiness is a hot bath on a Sunday afternoon.” – A.D. Posey
52. “Free yourself from all prejudices and let yourself go on Sunday.” – Unknown
53. “Saturdays are for adventure; Sundays are for cuddling.” – Unknown
54. “Smiles are prettier than frowns, giving is warmer than receiving, and loving is more beautiful than hating. Smile this Sunday.” – Unknown
55. “Sunday is an excellent chance to start living your life to the fullest, do what you want and forget about consequences.” – Unknown
56. “Enjoy your Sunday! Have faith in your heart and courage to fulfill all your dreams.” – Unknown
57. “Cheers to Sunday. Snuggle by the fire, read a good book, have a hot cup of coffee (or two), watch an old movie, relax and enjoy the day.” – Unknown
58. “It’s a beautiful Sunday! There are so many reasons to be happy and not to give up, look around and cheer up.” – Unknown
59. “The city takes a breath on Sunday. Of all that’s lost with the pursuit of what’s next, I hope we don’t lose that.” – Hawksley Workman
60. “Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.” – Bill Watterson
Sunday quotes to make it more meaningful
61. “After a week of the contained chaos that is my job, I need some solitary running time. On Sundays, I can unwind and reconnect with the natural world.” – Linda Jones
62. “Trust in God’s sweet timing and don’t ever, ever think that you don’t have value on this earth. You are born for such a time as this.” – Unknown
63. “It’s a new day. I’m alive. I’m blessed. God is good. God is great. Have a blessed Sunday!” – Unknown
64. “May your Sunday be blessed with love, joy, peace and happiness.” – Unknown
65. “Don’t waste a single Sunday. If you don’t waste Sundays, you will be less likely to waste Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of monday motivation quotes to help you get the week started.
66. “Take your life into your own hands and make this Sunday awesome!” – Unknown
67. “Sunday brings along memories of childhood when I used to wake up to go to church. Then when I would return home there would be something special for breakfast. I miss those days.” – Quincy Latte
68. “Have a prosperous Sunday! Meet with your family and friends and spend each second of this day with pleasure.” – Unknown
69. “Time flows in a strange way on Sundays.” – Haruki Murakami
70. “Have the courage to start a new path this Sunday and a miracle will happen.” – Unknown
Sunday quotes to nourish your soul
71. “Now, every day when I wake up I am grateful. I have to be. And I have to count the things that are abundant in my life. Literally count them.” – James Altucher
72. “A grateful heart is a beginning of greatness. It is an expression of humility. It is a foundation for the development of such virtues as prayer, faith, courage, contentment, happiness, love, and well-being.” – James E. Faust
73. “Sunday. Take it slow and give your soul a chance to catch up with your body.” – Unknown
74. “Life is full of happiness and tears; be strong and have faith.” – Kareena Kapoor Khan
75. “Give and accept pleasure, happiness, and laughter, because today is Sunday.” – Unknown
76. “You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Spring from coming.” ― Pablo Neruda
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of spring quotes, celebrating the new season.
77. “Today will never come again. Be a blessing. Be a friend. Encourage someone. Take time to care. Let your words heal, and not wound.” – Unknown
78. “When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure that you are always blessed in abundance.” – Joel Osteen
79. “Sunday is a wonderful day to spend in the circle of your family and friends, make impressions for the whole week today.” – Unknown
80. “Physical strength can never permanently withstand the impact of spiritual force.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
More Sunday quotes to inspire you
81. “Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 19
82. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
83. “Happy & Blessed Sunday. May you enjoy the blessings and favor of God today. Enjoy the beauty that this day brings.” – Unknown
84. “None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.” ― Paulo Coelho
85. “Always find time for the things that make you feel happy to be alive. Happy Sunday.” – Unknown
86. “If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.” -Roopleen
87. “Sunday is a perfect day to choose a new path in life, don’t be afraid of changes, they come when they are really needed. Have a wonderful Sunday.” – Unknown
88. “Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again.” ― Joseph Campbell
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Joseph Campbell quotes to inspire long term thinking.
89. “Smile more than you cry, give more than you take and love more than you hate.” – Unknown
90. “You and your purpose in life are the same thing. Your purpose is to be you.” ― George Alexiou
Other inspirational Sunday quotes and sayings
91. “It’s Sunday! Let you be in harmony with yourself and with the outer world and spend this day brightly.” – Unknown
92. “Light tomorrow with today.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
93. “Let this Sunday be a rainbow for the entire upcoming week! Shine & smile!” – Unknown
94. “It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.” – Robert H. Goddard
95. “Let this Sunday morning bring you lots of smiles and you’ll leave all troubles behind you.” – Unknown
96. “A hopeless man sees difficulties in every chance, but a hopeful person sees chances in every difficulty.” – Ali ibn Abi Talib
97. “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
98. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” – Orison Swett Marden
99. “The first step is you have to say that you can.” – Will Smith
100. “The very least you can do in your life is figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof.” – Barbara Kingsolver
Which of these Sunday quotes is your favorite?
So, instead of spending your whole Sunday doing nothing, why not prepare yourself for the week ahead while you unwind? You can prepare for the upcoming week in the afternoon while you relax or in the morning before heading out of the house if you plan to head out later in the day.
Get ready for the upcoming week and avoid the Monday morning panic caused by unpreparedness. Hopefully, the Sunday quotes above have inspired you to love as well as make the most of your Sunday.
Did you enjoy these Sunday quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
October 19, 2020 5:30 AM EST