If you have ever renovated your home or other parts of your life, you’ll enjoy these renovation quotes!
Renovating is also called remodeling when it comes to houses and real estate.
It is the repair, replacement, or upgrading of outdated, damaged, or broken homes or areas of the home.
Renovation is also a term used to describe changing other things outside of real estate, including society, people, our bodies, our minds, and more.
Other terms you can relate to ‘renovate’ include:
In our first few years of marriage, my husband and I took on renovating our home, which ended up as a project not for the faint of heart.
I can share from personal experience that renovations often take longer and cost more than expected, so plan accordingly!
Take a look at these renovation quotes to learn more about all the areas that can be renovated or renewed.
Top Renovation Quotes Across the Board
These renovation quotes come from many different angles and topics.
1. “In this life, many demolitions are actually renovations.” — Rumi
2. “If you would one day renovate yourself, do so from day to day.” — Confucius
3. “I tell people marriage is a compromise, and so are renovations.” — Candice Olson
4. “Today’s medicine must die in order to be reborn. We must prepare its complete renovation.” — Maurice Delort
5. “Every day is a renewal, every morning the daily miracle. This joy you feel is life.” — Gertrude Stein
6. “Sharing the kids’ bathroom while my master bath gets renovated is family bonding. So fun.” — Jillian Barberie
7. “People are renovating places and opening ambitious new venues. That’s one thing that music does.” — David Byrne
8. “The only chance of renovation is to open our eyes and see the mess. It is not a mess you can make sense of.” — Samuel Beckett
9. “But the images of men’s wits and knowledge remain in books, exempted from the wrong of time, and capable of perpetual and renovation.” — Francis Bacon
10. “To all new truths, or renovation of old truths, it must be as in the ark between the destroyed and the about-to-be renovated world.” — Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Real Estate and Renovation Quotes
As mentioned above, renovation is a term commonly used in the field of real estate. The following quotes speak to that as well.
11. “I’m a practical person. I’m not too bad a carpenter. I can renovate houses.” — Jordan Peterson
12. “I love antique architecture, so if I have any indulgences, I have owned and renovated and reconstructed a lot of old houses.” — Daryl Hall
13. “The renovation of existing buildings and making them green is just as important as designing new green buildings.” — Ken Yeang
14. “People who renovate and improve homes are penalized by being taxed more for creating value and improving the neighborhood.” — Mark Noble
15. “Take advantage of unclaimed wall or corner space with open shelves to keep dishes, spices, and cookware within easy reach.” — Allison Maze
16. “Year in and year out, replacing your old front door with a new steel door is a project that kicks up curb appeal and yields the best payback.” — John Riha
17. “I really like Jeff Lewis and ‘Flipping Out’ and “Interior Therapy.’ I don’t know why I’m obsessed with American real estate and renovation.” — Chris Lilley
18. “Most building trades have busy seasons and slow seasons. Plan ahead, and you’ll get more competitive bids during the slow seasons.” — The Family Handyman
19. “A sure sign that contractors can be trusted is if they tell you they’re not the best person to do a particular job and recommend someone else instead.” — Michelle Crouch
20. “I live in an apartment building built in 1925, and it hasn’t been heavily renovated, so I feel very much connected to that time and what went on in that place.” — Ben Katchor
Religion, Renewal, and Renovation Quotes
The following quotes on renovation incorporate the aspects of renewal and religion.
21. “The God who made us also can remake us.” — Woodrow Kroll
22. “The Gospel is not reformation, decoration, or renovation. It is liberation.” — Reinhard Bonnke
23. “Spiritual renewal accordingly is a divine miracle in which that which was dead is now alive.” — John F. Walvoord
24. “The creation of a new heart, the renewing of a right spirit is an omnipotent work of God.” — Henry Drummond
25. “Our own belief is that the renovation of the world will be brought about only by the Holy Eucharist.” — Pope Leo XIII
26. “By reading the scriptures, I am so renewed that all nature seems renewed around me and with me.” — Thomas Merton
27. “Fans don’t mind him doing a little touch-up work, but Jesus wants complete renovation. Fans come to Jesus thinking tune-up, but Jesus is thinking overhaul.” — Kyle Idleman
28. “The time has come to turn to God and reassert our trust in Him for the healing of America—our country is in need of and ready for a spiritual renewal.” — Ronald Reagan
29. “God aims first to renew man’s darkened spirit by imparting life to it because it is this spirit which God originally designed to receive His life and to commune with Him.” — Watchman Nee
30. “Spiritual formation cannot, in the nature of the case, be a ‘private’ thing because it is a matter of whole-life transformation. You need to seek out others in your community who are pursuing the renovation of the heart.” — Dallas Willard
Body and Mind Renewal Quotes
Renovation isn’t something that only happens within physical buildings, as shown in these quotes.
31. “Renewal requires opening yourself up to new ways of thinking and feeling.” — Deborah Day
32. “Recovery is an important word and a vital concept. It means renewal of life and energy.” — James E. Loehr
33. “When we offer thanks to God or to another human being, gratitude gifts us with renewal, reflection, reconnection.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
34. “Renewing the mind is a little like refinishing furniture. It is a two-stage process. It involves taking off the old and replacing it with new.” — Charles Stanley
35. “Each time we exhale, the world ends; when we inhale, there can be, if we allow it, rebirth and spiritual renewal. It all transpires inside of us.” — Tom Robbins
36. “Every single cell in the human body replaces itself over a period of seven years. That means there’s not even the smallest part of you now that was part of you seven years ago.” — Steven Hall
37. “I wish we could treat our bodies as the place we live from, rather than regard it as a place to be worked don, as though it were a disagreeable old kitchen in need of renovation and update.” — Susie Orbach
Renovation Quotes with Opinions and Perspectives for Life
These quotes share different types of renovations in society and life.
38. “These days, I am obsessed by sculpture! I believe I have glimpsed a complete renovation of that mummified art.” — Umberto Boccioni
39. “Postmodernity is the simultaneity of the destruction of earlier values and their reconstruction. It is renovation within ruination.” — Jean Baudrillard
40. “We renovate the heart by, of course, changing it, but we can’t do that, really, without changing the other essential parts of the human personality.” — Dallas Willard
41. “Any product of the mind is a reaction of the past, a synthesis of what is old. So the mind is a modifier, a reactor; a renovator, but it cannot create the new.” — Barry Long
42. “Temporary madness may be necessary in some cases, to cleanse and renovate the mind; just as a fit of illness is to carry off the humors of the body.” — Augustus William Hare
43. “Feelings too much be renovated: old ones removed in many cases, or at least thoroughly modified, and new ones installed or at least heightened into a new prominence.” — Dallas Willard
44. “We don’t have any consideration for the past… Just because something is old, you don’t just rip it down. You can renovate it instead of ripping it down and building something new.” — Woody Shaw
Additional Renovation Quotes
Here are a few more renovation quotes for you to reflect on.
45. “One of the most common reasons people renovate their homes is a change in their lifestyle—an upcoming wedding, a new baby, or grown children moving away.” — Candice Olson
46. “Although you shouldn’t think of your home as an investment, with limited home improvement funds, it’s good to consider whether a project has a decent return on investment.” — Melanie Pinola
47. “With such wisdom has nature ordered things in the economy of this world, that the destruction of one continent is not brought about without the renovation of the earth in the production of another.” — James Hutton
48. “Society gains nothing whilst a man, not himself renovated, attempts to renovate things around him; he has become tediously good income particular but negligent or narrow in the rest; and hypocrisy and vanity are often the disgusting result.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
49. “The truth is that we can overhaul our surroundings, renovate our environment, talk a new game, join a new club, far more easily than we can change the way we respond emotionally. It is far easier to change behavior than feelings about that behavior.” — Ellen Goodman
50. “Hence no manner of economic or political readjustment can possibly save our civilization; we can be saved only by a renovation of the inner man, only by a purging of our hearts and souls; for only by seeking first the Kingdom of God and His Justice will all these other things be added unto us.” — Fulton J. Sheen
What Can I Renovate?
You need to do an honest assessment of your abilities, budget, and time to decide what you can renovate.
If you have all of the above, you can do a small project, such as renovating a deck, to a medium project, like renovating your bathroom, or even a large project, such as a whole home renovation!
And don’t forget to look at other areas of your life that could use a little renovating, too.
Share a quote about renovations that inspires you in the comments!
Please share these renovation quotes with others by clicking the share button!