These road trip quotes will keep you entertained on your journey.
Road trips are one of the most therapeutic things to do in today’s modern age and time. There is something about the combination of a long road, the isolated atmosphere of your car’s interior, and the chaotic scene of the outside world. Together with the fitting soundtrack and perfect company, you are all set for a ride that will fill the void we all have inside.
The journey may be long and varying. It can be a dull, unexpected, or a totally wild adventure. But one thing is for sure, the time on the road is a time for yourself, and nothing is more important than giving yourself time.
Here are some of the handy road trip quotes to accompany you on your drive.
Don’t forget to also check out these journey quotes celebrating your path to greatness.
Adventurous road trip quotes to keep your mind awake
1. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost
2. “Still, round the corner, there may wait, A new road or a secret gate.” – J.RR Tolkien
3. “Sometimes, the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.” – Jerry Seinfeld
4. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” – Babs Hoffman
5. “I Take to the open road, healthy, free, the world before me.” – Walt Whitman
6. “Afoot and light-hearted I take the open road” – Walt Whitman
7. “I’m on the road constantly. I’m a nomad. I don’t really have a home right now. I don’t identify with one place in particular.” – Daya
8. “I’m not lost. I’m exploring.” – Jana Stanfield
9. “Life is like a road trip – enjoy each day and don’t carry too much luggage.” – Unknown
10. “I didn’t plan on taking this road, but the journey gave me so much growth.” – Jennae Cecelia
Road trip quotes and sayings to enjoy with someone
11. “The freedom of the open road is seductive, serendipitous and absolutely liberating” – Aaron Lauritsen
12. “A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing and coercion are fruitless” – John Steinbeck
13. “Every journey is simultaneously a beginning and an ending: I was leaving my old life behind and starting on a road trip to find a new me.” – Debi Tolbert Duggar
14. “She wasn’t where she had been. She wasn’t where she was going, but she was on her way.” – Jodi Hills
15. “Discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Unknown
16. “Because the greatest part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination. It’s all the wild stuff that happens along the way.” – Emma Chase
17. “It feels good to be lost in the right direction with someone” – Unknown
18. “No road is long with good company” – Unknown
19. “It doesn’t matter where you going, it’s who you have beside you” – Unknown
20. “Happiness is… planning a trip to somewhere new, with someone you love” – Unknown
Road trip quotes to feel free
21. “Life is beautiful if you are on the road to somewhere.” – Orhan Pamuk
22. “Traveling can never be taken for granted, no matter how meticulous the preparations.” – Eugene Linden
23. “What if I fall? Oh but my darling- what if you fly?” – Erin Hanson
24. “At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparling.” – Shanti
25. “People don’t take trips…trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
26. “I’m not lost. I’m exploring.” – Jana Stanfield
27. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” – Erol Ozan
28. “I take to the open road, healthy, free, the world before me.” – Walt Whitman
29. “I just go with the flow, I follow the yellow brick road. I don’t know where it’s going to lead me, but I follow it.” – Grace Jones
30. “God made the world round so we would never be able to see too far down the road.” – Isak Dinesen
Inspirational road trip quotes
31. “The pleasure we derive from journeys is perhaps dependent more on the mindset with which we travel than on the destination we travel to.” – Alain de Botton
32. “Travel sparks our imagination, feeds our curiosity and reminds us how much we all have in common.” – Deborah Lloyd
33. “You can’t find the right roads when the streets are paved.” – Bob Marley
34. “When all’s said and done, all roads lead to the same end. So it’s not so much which road you take, as how you take it.” – Charles de Lint
35. “Look for chances to take the less-traveled roads. There are no wrong turns.” – Susan Magsamen
36. “Map out your future – but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip.” – Bon Jovi
37. “My favourite thing to do is to go where I’ve never been.” – Diane Arbus
38. “Of All The Paths You Take In Life Make Sure A Few Of Them Are Dirty.” – John Muir
39. “A passenger on a road journey is in the hands of a driver; a reader embarking on a book is in the hands of a narrator.” – Romesh Gunesekera
40. “I love road trips. You get into this Zen rhythm; throw the sense of time out the window.” – Miriam Toews
Road trip quotes to keep you going
41. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
42. “That’s why I love road trips, dude. It’s like doing something without actually doing anything.” – John Green
43. “Life was meant to great adventure and close friends.” – Unknown
44. “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” – Ernest Hemingway
45. “The road is there, it will always be there. You just have to deide when to take it.” – Chris Humphrey
46. “Road trips are the equivalent of human wings. Ask me to go on one, anywhere.” – Victoria Erickson
47. “Kid, you’ll move mountains.” – Dr. Seuss
48. “Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save fuel, take your next trip in Kilometers.” – George Carlin
49. “When you go on a road trip, the trip itself becomes part of the story.” – Steve Rushin
50. “Nothing Behind Me, Everything Ahead Of Me, As Is Ever So On The Road.” – Jack Kerouac
What did you learn from these road trip quotes?
A road trip is a valuable thing for every one of us. Some even consider it luxury. The most important part of it is always the journey and the company you have beside you.
The road will always be full of surprises. It will not always be pretty and definitely will not be what you expected, but it will always be worthwhile.
The stories and memories you make along the way are priceless and will be with you forever. The journey may end, but your experience will always live inside you and the people you share it with. Try to reflect on your next road trip and enjoy the company you have.
These road trip quotes and sayings are a good souvenir to remind you of your most incredible adventures on the road.
July 20, 2021 7:00 AM EST