Introducing yourself to new people can be a little intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be, thanks to these introduction quotes.
Take a look at these memorable introduction quotes for inspiration and reasons to go out on a limb and meet someone new.
Introductions are like first impressions.
How we introduce ourselves will often be how others remember us.
We remember how we felt and what we saw the first time we met someone.
According to a study published in the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science, first impressions are formed within the first few seconds of meeting someone.
This underscores the importance of introductions in creating a positive initial impression.
At some point, you have probably heard the phrase “first impressions last a lifetime” from a teacher, parent, or adult in your life.
The human mind focuses on the first moment it interacts with new people, things, and places.
This is why it is important for us to remember to put our best foot forward when presenting ourselves to others.
Introductions happen outside of meeting new people
What about when we are public speaking or presenting an idea to someone?
One of novice public speakers’ most common complaints is that they simply don’t know how to start a speech.
These introduction quotes will help you find the perfect words for the beginning of your next speech or presentation.
Check out the introduction quotes below for some insight and context into the power of introductions.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
The Power Of Introduction Quotes
A survey conducted by CareerBuilder found that over 50% of employers say they know if a candidate is a good fit for a position within the first five minutes of an interview.
This highlights the importance of making a strong first impression through a well-crafted introduction.
1. “We are not strangers; only the introduction is missing.” ― Jesus Apollinaris
2. “The average introduction to almost any book is somewhat of a bore.” ― Boris Karloff, And the Darkness Falls
3. “There is no need to boast of your accomplishments and what you can do. A great man is known. He needs no introduction.” ― CherLisa Biles
4. “It’s much easier to get a reception from someone if there is an introduction versus randomly trying to get in front of people.”- Brad Feld
5. “We sometimes try to impress people we just met by not trying to impress them.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
6. “The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness.” – Lao Tzu
7. “The introduction of political pluralism often quickly led to bad results.” – Omar Bongo
8. “The introduction of many minds into many fields of learning along a broad spectrum keeps alive questions about the accessibility, if not the unity, of knowledge.” – Edward Levi
9. “I suppose when you do it correctly, a good introduction and a good outro makes the song feel like it’s coming out of something and then evolving into something.” – Bruce Springsteen
10. “Politeness and an affable address are our best introduction.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
Introduction quotes to start us off on the right foot
11. “I assume I don’t need an introduction.” – Anne Rice
12. “When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction.” – Mark Twain
13. “The introduction of your true self is a recipe of importance; you never know who will love your ingredients.” – Jesus Apollinaris
14. “Avoid Prologues. They can be annoying, especially a prologue following an introduction that comes after a foreword.” – Elmore Leonard
15. “The true function of philosophy is to educate us in the principles of reasoning and not to put an end to further reasoning by the introduction of fixed conclusions.” – George Henry Lewes
16. “For, usually and fitly, the presence of an introduction is held to imply that there is something of consequence and importance to be introduced.” – Arthur Machen
17. “All the gestures of children are graceful; the reign of distortion and unnatural attitudes commences with the introduction of the dancing master.” – Joshua Reynolds
18. “The best gift you can give a human being is an introduction to a God who loves them.” – Bill Hybels
19. “Unfortunately, I could tell that she was not the kind of girl to introduce herself with a kiss.” ― Stanley Wheeler, Smoke
20. “There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.” – Niccolo Machiavelli
How do you introduce yourself?
According to a study published in the journal Personality and Social Psychology Review, first impressions influence how others perceive and evaluate us.
A strong introduction can set the tone for a positive interaction or relationship.
21. “I’m pretty good with talking to girls if I have an introduction, but I’m the worst at trying to go pick up a girl. I’m really bad at breaking the ice. It’s awkward!” – Bryan Greenberg
22. “My introduction to sports was through baseball. That’s all I knew.” – Jessica Mendoza
23. “Skateboarding was my introduction to rap and the first rap song that I really liked was KRS-One ‘Step Into A World.’” – Vic Mensa
24. “Drag was not only my introduction to womanhood, but my introduction to entertainment. It was the first time I realized that I could move a crowd.” – Trace Lysette
25. “I am categorically opposed to any fees for education – and I have voted and campaigned against their introduction at every stage.” – John McDonnell
26. “So much of my life and my style and sensibility are influenced by skateboarding. It’s counter-culture and skateboarding is my introduction to counter-culture.” – Vic Mensa
27. “Florida A&M University was my first real introduction to politics as a heavyweight game.” -Andrew Gillum
28. “My first introduction to Russell Westbrook was as a leader. It was pretty impressive.”- Ben Howland
29. “Hebrew School was my first introduction to real feminism. I remember that much more than I remember any kind of actual religious teaching.” – Jesse Andrews
How will introductions impact you?
30. “I spent most of this afternoon writing a new introduction for my autobiography.” – June Foray
31. “My entryway into hip-hop was – my biggest introduction was obviously like, you know, the Def Jam, Run D.M.C., Beastie Boys, like, that conglomerate.” – Neal Brennan
32. “I’d rather strive for the kind of interview where instead of me asking to introduce myself to society, society asks me to introduce myself to society.” ― Criss Jami, Killosophy
33. “If you are looking for a great life in this life and beyond, you need to be introduced to a man who needs no introduction. His name is Jesus Christ.” ― Gift Gugu Mona
34. “Saying that you do not remember something or someone is a less embarrassing or hurtful way of saying that you do not know it or them anymore.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
35. “Pilot scripts are particularly difficult to write because you have to introduce all the characters without it feeling like a series of introductions.” ― Tina Fey, Bossypants
36. “Today I introduced myself to my very own Heart, In silent agony, after all these years it bled apart.” ― Ankita Singhal
37. “Mark Zuckerberg needs no introduction these days, what with all the magazine covers and morning news shows. My mother knows who he is now, and my mother can hardly turn on a computer.” – Kara Swisher
38. “At 16 years old, I was signed to my very first modeling agency. That was my first real introduction to the entertainment industry.” – Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman
39. “Less depends upon the choice of words than upon this, that their introduction shall be justified by pregnant theorems.” – Carl Friedrich Gauss
Introducing yourself to things that matter
You never know when you might get acquainted with someone or something that shapes your life.
40. “I’m not sure that teaching a Core course is necessarily the best introduction to teaching.”-Lauren Willig
41. “The advent of ebooks is no more going to kill the pleasure of reading than the introduction of the internal combustion engine made horses extinct.” – Michael A. Stackpole
42. “My first introduction to pop music was probably the Osmonds, the Jackson 5, the BeeGees… Then the Beatles eventually.” – Nick Jonas
43. “The 21st century is dominated by networks because the introduction of the information age, we can suddenly create, free flow these globally distributed, organic, shaped networks of individuals.” – Chris Fussell
44. “I was three or four, and my mother would have a Bing Crosby record playing through the house. It was my introduction to jazz, harmonies, melodies, musicianship, and emotion.”-Michael Buble
45. “When I was little, my dad showed me N.E.R.D., their first album, and I thought it was amazing. I thought Pharrell was just killing everything. That was my first introduction to rap.” – Lil Xan
46. “Sharing your unique expertise and making introductions for someone creates a lasting legacy.” — Marsha Blackburn
47. “All of my football, even my introduction, even my coaches, most of them came from Europe, particularly England.” – Tobin Heath
48. “I realized early on that my fans are pretty young. ‘My Story’ is quite a young song and I think it’s a good introduction because I have something to grow from.” – Loren Gray
49. “The ‘Black Album’ was my real first introduction to Metallica. I was, like, 12 or 13 at the time.” – M. Shadows
Thought-Provoking Introduction Quotes
Introductions are the building blocks for every human connection.
It can be interesting to remember that some of our deepest relationships started out as a simple introduction.
50. “The wearer of smiles and the bearer of a kindly disposition needs no introduction, but is welcome anywhere.” — Orison Swett Marden
51. “So perhaps the best thing to do is to stop writing Introductions and get on with the book.” — A. A. Milne
52. “I remember my mom had a big collection of copies of Saturday Evening Post magazines, and that was really my introduction to those great illustrators.” — Thomas Kinkade
53. “The best security against revolution is in constant correction of abuses and the introduction of needed improvements. It is the neglect of timely repair that makes rebuilding necessary.” — Richard Whately
54. “A great introduction to cultures is their cuisine. It not only reflects their evolution, but also their beliefs and traditions.” — Vikas Khanna
55. “You don’t need an introduction to succeed in life. You need to have good work. Work hard. Believe in yourself.” — Oscar de la Renta
56. “One of the best introductions to the history and ideas of Calvinism, packed with insight and wisdom.” — Alister E. McGrath
57. “One can begin so many things with a new person! – even begin to be a better man.” ― George Eliot
58. “Innovation is the market introduction of a technical or organizational novelty, not just its invention.” — Joseph A. Schumpeter
59. “Each of the ten thousand states of mind presents you with a different view of essence and experience.” — Frederick Lenz
Insightful introduction quotes to help you get started
Every moment of every day is a chance to be introduced to something or someone new!
We should meet each introduction with excitement and awe.
60. “In some ways, I lament the introduction of civilization on such a huge scale because it has given us a lot of room to abuse each other, which we continue to do.” — Roy Harper
61. “As the old saying goes, for somebody as famous as you, you don’t need any introduction.” — Chuck Grassley
62. “My first introduction to fashion probably came through television: I was obsessed with Elsa Klensch, who used to cover fashion for CNN.” — Erdem Moral
63. “Ever since the introduction of psychoanalysis, there have been too many terms to excuse behavior and phrases that can be [used] to explain everything.” — Sean Connery
64. “Platonic friendship-the interval between the introduction and the first kiss.” — Sophie Irene Loeb
65. “The introduction of resistance in form of sand and hill is too important to be ignored.” — Percy Cerutty
66. “There has been nothing more impactful on my life and meaningful to me than the introduction of Christ. That, hands down, blows away every joke I’ve ever written.” — Steve Harvey
67. “Introduction – a social ceremony invented by the devil for the gratification of his servants and the plaguing of his enemies.” — Ambrose Bierce
68. “An excellent introduction to the rise and fall of the British Raj, accurate, succinct, and engaging.” — Stanley Wolpert
69. “My first introduction to chemistry came at a quite early age through my mother’s elder brother.” — Geoffrey Wilkinson
Introduction quotes about knowledge, learning, and reading
Being introduced to a new piece of knowledge is freeing.
70. “As a reader, I loathe introductions… Introductions inhibit pleasure. They kill the joy of anticipation; they frustrate curiosity.” ― Harper Lee
71. “The study of error is not only in the highest degree prophylactic, but it serves as a stimulating introduction to the study of truth.” ― Walter Lippmann
72. “As the child approaches a new text, he is entitled to an introduction so that when he reads, the gist of the… story can provide some guidance for a fluent reading.” ― Marie Clay
73. “Believe it or not, my introduction to scary literature was ‘Pinocchio.’ My mother read it to me every day before naptime when I was three or four. The original ‘Pinocchio’ is terrifying.” ― R. L. Stine
74. “Every new medium has, within a short time of its introduction, been condemned as a threat to young people. Pulp novels would destroy their morals, TV would wreck their eyesight, video games would make them violent.” ― Hanna Rosin
75. “What’s really interesting is the introduction of the tablet – not just the iPad, but the Nook and the Kindle. While they aren’t going to solve all of our problems, I do think they make it easier for people to pause, linger, read and really process very important ideas.” ― Chris Hughes
76. “My introduction to art history was like everybody else’s. You see an art history book that has works by Rembrandt and Leonardo da Vinci, and Michelangelo. Yes, these things are great.” ― Kerry James Marshall
77. “MGM bores me when I see them, but I don’t see them much. They have been a help in getting me introductions to morticians, who are the only people worth knowing.” ― Evelyn Waugh
78. “If nobody throws all their rules at you, you might make a song with no introduction.” ― Bill Withers
79. “My top lady advice is to make eye contact early on – before introductions, even – and just never break it, no matter what she does. Keep that dead-eyed lock on her. Works like a charm.” ― Chris Cain
80. “I was raised in Washington, DC, very violent place. I grew up with violence. My introduction to music was violent. The years I’ve spent on tours, some of that was extremely violent.” ― Henry Rollins
81. “I grew up listening to everything, and when I got signed to a record deal out of Nashville, that was my introduction to what was happening in country music.” ― Mary Chapin Carpenter
82. “My introduction to photography and a lot of how I developed aesthetically was through ’50s and early-’60s fashion magazines like Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue.” ― Patti Smith
83. “Maybe that’s why I don’t like religion because the first introduction to it was, you don’t get to do that thing you just discovered that you really enjoy.” ― Aziz Ansari
84. “When you travel to the Celestial City, carry no letter of introduction. When you knock, ask to see God,–none of the servants.” ― Henry David Thoreau
85. “[Heresy is] the dislocation of a complete and self-supporting scheme by the introduction of a novel denial of some essential part therein.” ― Hilaire Belloc
86. “The introduction of so powerful an agent as steam [to a carriage on wheels] will make a great change in the situation of man.” ― Thomas Jefferson
What did you learn from these introduction quotes?
Many of us tend to overthink things.
Some of us are so concerned about being perceived or misperceived by others that we put tremendous pressure on ourselves.
This can impact how we introduce ourselves.
Whether you are writing an essay, meeting someone for the first time, or addressing an audience, you can follow some general rules to make for pleasant and memorable introductions.
There may not be one “best” way to introduce yourself or start a speech, but there are some things you can do to help yourself.
Overall, a good introduction should serve several functions.
Things such as remembering your audience, gaining their interest, stating your intent, and establishing credibility are all excellent ways to start a new dialogue, address a crowd, or meet someone new.
Introductions are an essential part of life.
They mark the beginning of new relationships, journeys, and experiences.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these introduction quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other thoughtful quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Introduce yourself to some wise words and concepts that will provide inspiration or advice to help us fulfill our potential and allow us to live the life we were destined to live.
The road to success, especially in entrepreneurship, is usually paved with loneliness.
We all dream big, but big dreams take initiative to make happen.
Keeping a motivated mind requires food for thought, and these motivational one-liners are the perfect snack.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Here are some deep quotes from authors, sports figures, geniuses, and everyone in between!
In life, some moments mark the beginning of a new chapter—a chance to turn the page, as seen in these new beginning quotes.
These Instagram bio quotes are the perfect tool for developing a clever and succinct way to describe and introduce yourself.
Life was meant to be enjoyed! So go explore and introduce yourself to new people and activities.