Looking for inspirational Robert Frost quotes?
Robert Frost is one of the most influential and famous poets.
His books have sold millions of copies.
We still study his poems today because of their timeless messages.
He has also received many awards, but The Road Less Traveled By is one of his most well-known creations.
Tell us your favorite Robert Frost quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these Robert Frost quotes?
Robert Frost started his life like many artists.
He knew he was a poet at heart, but everyone pushed him to do something more practical.
His father died when he was only 11, leaving the family penniless.
Despite hardship, Frost did well enough academically to attend Dartmouth University, even though he only went for two months.
Frost sold his first poem after leaving college.
This small success motivated him to continue writing poetry.
He then attended Harvard University but also left quickly because of an illness.
Perhaps to get away from World War I, Frost started farming.
But it proved a failed venture, so he returned after a few years of relative isolation.
During this time, Robert Frost lectured frequently at Middlebury College.
He later married Elinor White.
He had six children, four of which died at a young age.
In addition, his wife also passed away because of heart failure.
Robert Frost had a unique, distinct style in his works.
Common themes of his work included:
- human contact with nature
- love and isolation
There has been much debate over whether he’s a modernist or another type of poet.
That aside, nearly everyone recognizes the power and brilliance of Robert Frost’s poetry.
Don’t forget to read these motivational Mary Oliver quotes on life, love, and the pursuit of happiness.
Here are some of the best Robert Frost quotes and sayings to inspire you.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Inspirational Robert Frost Quotes
1. “Dancing is a vertical expression of a horizontal desire.” – Robert Frost
2. “The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.” – Robert Frost
3. “How many things have to happen to you before something occurs to you?” – Robert Frost
4. “If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.” – Robert Frost
5. “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
6. “Poetry is what gets lost in translation.” – Robert Frost
7. “To be a poet is a condition, not a profession.” – Robert Frost
8. “Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.” – Robert Frost
9. “I am not a teacher, but an awakener.” – Robert Frost
10. “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” – Robert Frost
View more love quotes that will help you find the perfect words for that special person in your life.
Robert Frost Quotes to lift your thinking
11. “Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can’t, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.” – Robert Frost
12. “Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.” – Robert Frost
13. “I’m not confused. I’m just well mixed.” – Robert Frost
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of confused quotes to help you make a big decision.
14. “Don’t ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up.” – Robert Frost
15. “A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.” – Robert Frost
16. “A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness.” – Robert Frost
17. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.” – Robert Frost
18. “Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.” – Robert Frost
19. “The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work.” – Robert Frost
20. “Something we were withholding made us weak, until we found it was ourselves.” – Robert Frost
21. “The middle of the road is where the white line is—and that’s the worst place to drive.” – Robert Frost
22. “The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.” – Robert Frost
If you enjoyed this article, read our collection of Rumi quotes on life, love and strength that will inspire you.
23. “A good book has no ending.” – Robert Frost
24. “Thinking is not to agree or disagree. That’s voting.” – Robert Frost
25. “Before I built a wall I’d ask to know what I was walling in or walling out.” – Robert Frost
Have you seen these thought-provoking Edgar Allan Poe quotes?
What other Robert Frost quotes would you add to the list?
Robert Frost’s poems are often dark and gloomy – which isn’t surprising considering the tragedies of his personal life.
He lived a hard life.
He suffered from depression, just like his parents before him and his children after him.
Like many artists, he was troubled, which showed in his work.
However, everyone can find wisdom and learn about life through his quotes.
His poetry may be bleak, but it is brilliant and should be read by everyone interested in art.
His poems analyze things, such as existence, emotions, and finding meaning in life.
They are truly powerful.
As a result, some people use Robert Frost’s quotes daily as affirmations.
Reading and implementing the lessons in his poems can change your life.
If his incredible writing and brilliant philosophies regarding the human condition moved you, let us know in the comment section below.
Take a moment and share his words with your friends on social media.
November 17, 2022 7:54 AM EST