There is a saying that people don’t leave jobs; they leave bosses.
The reason that people leave those bosses is because they do not feel appreciated.
Employee appreciation should be a regular focus of your company, not just something they worry about on ”Employee Appreciation Day.”
But if you came here to find some great quotes for your celebration, there are quite a few to choose from!
These employee appreciation quotes will illustrate the importance of showing gratitude toward your employees.
Some of these quotes come from the world’s biggest and best CEOs, while a few come from political leaders.
It isn’t a secret that people will work harder when they feel valued, but these quotes quite emphasize the importance of expressing your appreciation for your employees!
Don’t forget to also read these motivational quotes for employees to power the workday.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Employee appreciation quotes that are worth more than money
1. “There are two things people want more than sex and money – recognition and praise.” – Mary Kay Ash
2. “Nothing else can quite substitute for a few well-chosen, well-timed, sincere words of praise. They’re absolutely free and worth a fortune.” – Sam Walton
3. “There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.” – Mother Teresa
4. “Research indicates that workers have three prime needs: Interesting work, recognition for doing a good job, and being let in on things that are going on in the company.” – Zig Ziglar
5. “A pat on the back is only a few vertebrae removed from a kick in the pants, but is miles ahead in results.” – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
6. “When a manager recognizes an employee’s behavior, personally and sincerely, both feel proud, gratified, and happy. There’s a human connection that transcends the immediate culture to create a shared bond. The power of this bond is stronger than you might think; indeed, it’s the power that holds together great organizational cultures.” – Erik Mosley and Derek Irvine
7. “Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr
8. “Everyone appreciates being appreciated!” – Lance Mitchell
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these empowering collaboration quotes on teamwork & success.
You will also enjoy our article on thank you quotes.
Employee appreciation quotes about gratitude
9. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
10. “No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” – James Allen
11. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
12. “No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude.” – Alfred North Whitehead
13. “I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks.” – William Shakespeare
14. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” – Cynthia Ozick
15. “One can never pay in gratitude; one can only pay ‘in kind’ somewhere else in life.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
16. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” – Cicero
17. “Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it.” – Ralph Marston
18. “Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.” – Christiane Northrup
19. “Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone.” – G.B. Stern
20. “No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude.” – Unknown
21. “Gratitude is the best attitude. There is not a more pleasing exercise of the mind than gratitude. It is accompanied with such an inward satisfaction that the duty is sufficiently rewarded by the performance.” – Joseph Addison
22. “To say thank you, is in recognition of humanity.” – Toni Mont
23. “Gratitude helps us to return to our natural state of joyfulness, where we notice what’s right instead of what’s wrong. It makes us feel complete, that we have everything we need, at least in this moment.” – M. J. Ryan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Gratitude quotes that will transform your perspective.
Employee appreciation quotes for, and from, leaders
24. “Don’t worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.” – Abraham Lincoln
25. “The way you treat your employees is the way they will treat your customers.” – Richard Branson
26. “When someone comes along who genuinely thanks us, we will follow that person a very long way.” – Alan Loy McGinnis
27. “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.” – Dalai Lama
28. “Always treat your employees exactly as you want them to treat your best customers.” – Stephen Covey
29. “I consider my ability to arouse enthusiasm among men the greatest asset I possess. The way to develop the best that is in a man is by appreciation and encouragement.” – Charles R. Schwab
30. “The only thing worse than a coach or CEO who doesn’t care about his people is one who pretends to care. People can spot a phony every time.” – Jimmy Johnson
31. “There is something only a CEO uniquely can do, which is set that tone, which can then capture the soul of the collective.” – Satya Nadella
32. “Notice the difference between asking ‘Can I do this?’ And, ‘How am I going to do this?’” – Ben Hunt-Davis and Harriet Beveridge
33. “If you do not treat people with the respect they deserve, do not expect any kind of commitment to your productivity goals and target.” – Ian Fuhr
34. “Appreciate everything your associates do for the business.” – Sam Walton
35. “Complaining is finding faults. Wisdom is finding solutions.” – Ajahn Brahm
36. “If you don’t create a great, rewarding place for people to work, they won’t do great work.” – Ari Weinzweig
37. “Take time to appreciate employees and they will reciprocate in a thousand ways.” – Dr. Bob Nelson
38. “Treat employees like they make a difference, and they will.” – Jim Goodnight
39. “Every day, tell at least one person something you like, admire, or appreciate about them.” – Richard Carlson
You will also enjoy our article on appreciation quotes.
Motivational employee appreciation quotes
40. “Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” – Voltaire
41. “Celebrate what you want to see more of.” – Tom Peters
42. “Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” – Margaret Cousins
43. “Tough times don’t last, tough teams do.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of team quotes that will inspire you and your teammates to collectively meet your goals.
44. “We will receive not what we idly wish for but what we justly earn. Our rewards will always be in exact proportion to our service.” – Earl Nightingale
45. “Appreciation can make a day – even change a life.” – Margaret Cousins
46. “Reflect upon your present blessings.” – Charles Dickens
47. “A great employee is like a four leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have.” – Tammy Cohen
48. “If you aren’t in over your head, then how do you know how tall you are?” – T. S. Eliot
49. “Your abilities say win. What does your attitude say?” – Nick Glassett
50. “People make the difference. And one of those people is you. Thank you for making a difference in our company.” – Unknown
Employee appreciation quotes to show you care
51. “You never know when a moment and a few sincere words can have an impact on a life.” ― Zig Ziglar
52. “I have gone out of my comfort zone for some people. Some people have gone out of their comfort zone for me. And I’m grateful.” ― Mitta Xinindlu
53. “Sometimes in life we don’t appreciate the blessings we prayed for.” ― Angel Moreira
54. “People show love and appreciation in different ways, you just have to learn their way.” ― Sam Owen
55. “If you appreciate what you have, you’ll never want for more.” ― Frank Sonnenberg
56. “When nothing is expected, and everything is appreciated, all becomes magical.” ― Broms The Poet
57. “Talented people are going to develop careers somewhere. How can you make sure it’s with you and your organization?” ― Julie Winkle Giulioni
58. “Give people a voice, encourage, motivate and reward them.”― David Sikhosana
59. “It’s very inexpensive to give a compliment.” ― Joyce Meyer
60. “Keep your eyes open and try to catch people in your company doing something right, then praise them for it.” ― Tom Hopkins
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of intriguing employee quotes celebrating workers.
Employee appreciation quotes for your hardworking staff
61. “The heart that gives thanks is a happy one, for we cannot feel thankful and unhappy at the same time.” ― Douglas Wood
62. “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.” ― Maya Angelou
63. “In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
64. “The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.” ― William Jones
65. “Next to excellence is the appreciation of it.” ― William Makepeace Thackery
66. “Appreciation, not possession, makes a thing ours.” ― Marty Rubin
67. “Don’t let the sun go down without saying thank you to someone, and without admitting to yourself that absolutely no one gets this far alone.” ― Stephen King
68. “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” ― John F. Kennedy
69. “Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.” ― Rumi
70. “The greatest award is the appreciation of the people.” ― Gopi Sundar
Which of these employee appreciation quotes resonated with you best?
If you are a leader, I hope these quotes reminded and inspired you to appreciate your employees.
The best leaders are those who can inspire their team to inspire others!
Maybe you are an employee and found yourself feeling a little undervalued.
I hope that isn’t the case, but it it is, just know there are plenty of organizations that live and breathe employee appreciation!
Zappos and T-Mobile are great examples of inspiring and appreciative CEOs, who believe in providing their employees with exceptional work cultures!
Hope you found the appreciation you came here looking for, and if no one has told you lately, THANK YOU for all you do!
Which of these employee appreciation quotes and sayings resonated with you best?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.