Whether you’re a fan of wigs or simply seeking some inspiration, this article explores the power of wig quotes to help you express your individuality and confidence.
In addition to our quotes section, we would also like to share some important information about wigs and their usage.
You may also enjoy reading these related articles:
So, without any further delay, let’s dive in!
What is Wig?
A wig is a kind of head covering, usually made of natural or synthetic hair.
It is worn either as a fashion statement or to conceal baldness.
Wigs are available in a variety of colors, styles, and lengths.
You can buy a custom-made wig or purchase a readymade one.
Tips for Choosing a Perfect Wig
Here are the key factors to consider when choosing a wig.
- Cap construction
Wigs are constructed with a range of different materials.
For instance, you can buy a wig made of synthetic or natural human hair.
However, it depends on the purpose for which you are buying a wig.
If you want to conceal your baldness, a wig made of human hair should be the best possible option.
Since wigs are available in different styles, you can choose one that suits your overall personality.
For example, you can either choose a long, curly, or short wig.
You can come across wigs with different cap constructions.
These include lace front, full lace, and monofilament.
Each of these options has its pros and cons.
So make sure to do some research before buying a perfect wig for you.
You can choose between natural color shades or other bold colors.
However, make sure to select the color of your wig depending on your skin tone.
How to Wear a Wig
When it comes to wearing a wig, you can choose between the following options.
Use a Wig Cap
It is advised to use a wig cap before putting on your wig.
It is essential, as a wig cap offers necessary protection to your scalp and keeps the wig in place.
Wig caps are available in a variety of materials and colors.
Adjusting the Fit
Generally, wigs are fitted with adjustable straps.
By using these straps, you can ensure a perfect yet comfortable fit.
It also helps keep the wig in place.
It is possible to style your wig and give it a natural feel.
For this purpose, you can use a comb or wig brush.
Top 10 Wig Quotes
Here are out the best wig quotes to read and share.
1. “A wig is a wig is a wig.” ― Billy Zane
2. “Well, you can’t compete with a six-foot-five man in a wig.” ― Shemar Moore
3. “I’m a man in a wig who is an entertainer; I’m not a role model.” ― Bianca Del Rio
4. “I have so much hair; I have a separate wig closet in my house.” ― Sherri Shepherd
5. “I don’t want a wig that looks like a wig; I want one that could pass for a weave.” ― Nicki Minaj
6. “When I was with Andy Warhol, I thought, ‘God, his wig looks cheaper than mine!’” ― Dolly Parton
7. “Even when I was a kid, I had this insane head of flaming hair. It looked like a wig.” ― Kate Mara
8. “I can’t disguise myself with a wig and dark glasses – the wheelchair gives me away.” ― Stephen Hawking
9. “As a child, I always chose a false nose and some face paint and a wig for my birthday.” ― Ashley Jensen
10. “If you wear a wig, everybody notices. But if you then dye the wig, people notice the dye.” ― Andy Warhol
Wig Quotes with Fun
Here are some witty and hilarious wig quotes that will make you laugh out loud.
11. “As long as I can wear a wig, I can be any character, and in real life, I can be myself.” ― Ginnifer Goodwin
12. “When I’m filming, I keep my hair in cornrows so that they can fit a wig on top of my hair.” ― Teyonah Parris
13. “I like to put on a wig or a fake mustache and do something silly with friends, do a little dance.” ― Tom Lenk
14. “I wanted to be a drag queen so badly. I’ll bet I still own more wigs than any drag queen – I love me a wig.” ― Melissa McCarthy
15. “You really just want to know that somebody loves you for you. Sometimes you feel like an ATM machine with a wig on it.” ― Mariah Carey
16. “Uh, I do not wear a wig in ‘Star Trek’ as I did in ‘Bottle Shock,’ thank God. ‘Bottle Shock’ will be the last wig movie I ever do.” ― Chris Pine
17. “I wore a thong and a bra and a wig. Those things hurt. I mean, thongs? Like, they dig in. It takes a tough man to be a woman.” ― Hank Azaria
18. “Big wigs and big headpieces are so fun, and they give you confidence and make you feel powerful.” ― Chris March
19. “I have a genius wig. When I put that wig on, then the true genius emerges.” ― Beck
20. “There was a moment in time when we were filming in London, and we thought someone stole one of the queen‘s wigs. But I think someone had just misplaced it.’” ― Emma Corrin
Wig Quotes by Some Well-Known Celebrities
Check out the following wig quotes by some of the well-known celebrities around, and learn something new.
21. “Don’t fault me for wearing a 20-inch blond wig – it doesn’t mean I want to be a white person.” ― Wendy Williams
22. “I slipped at a bus stop; I went one way, and my hair went the other. That was the end of my wig.” ― Tia Carrere
23. “I benefit from the Mr. Potato Head syndrome. Put a wig and a nose and glasses on me, and I disappear.” ― Phil Hartman
24. “Men will confess to treason, murder, arson, false teeth, or a wig. How many of them will own up to a lack of humor?” ― Frank Moore Colby
25. “I’ve taken my cue from people here and from viewers, especially survivors who said, ‘When it’s time to literally flip your wig, you’ll know.’” ― Robin Roberts
26. “Without my Vulcan cat suit, Frankenstein wig, and pointed ears, I don’t get recognized.” ― Jolene Blalock
27. “I love to come in and play with a wig or glasses or clothes. I love using props.” ― Dan Aykroyd
28. “I think that people are looking beyond the wig. I think they are saying, ‘This isn’t just a costume; there’s a person behind this.’” ―Alyssa Edwards
29. “You get the wig on, you put the lipstick on, you get the big eyelashes on, and that’s the GC.” ― Gemma Collins
30. “When I’m bored or tired of being blonde, I’ll throw on a wig. It’s a lot less of a permanent way to change your look, and I have about 10 – all different colors, shapes, bobs, long hair, short, feathered.” ― Sara Blakely
Wig Quotes Related to Experiences
Below wig quotes are mostly based on the personal experiences and preferences of the authors.
31. “Every time I have to try on a wig for work, I get excited about the color.” ― Lily Cole
32. “I get more distracted by hair or a really bad wig than I do costumes any day of the week.” ― Colleen Atwood
33. “British actors wear wigs a lot. I find it to be a nice ritual at the end of the day, take the wig off, clean the makeup off, go home, leave work behind me.” ― Megan Boone
34. “When I first put on the red wig and the red dress, I couldn’t believe it was happening. I was like, ‘Oh my gosh, this is the dress everyone knows ‘Annie’ for, and I’m wearing it.’” ― Lilla Crawford
35. “If wearing a weave is what makes you feel beautiful, if wearing a wig, if wearing your hair pink, blue, that’s what matters, in my opinion.” ― Tracee Ellis Ross
36. “Every actor starts out saying, ‘I can play anything in the world: I’m only 25, but I can be a man 70 years old. I’ll put on a gray wig and do it.’” ― Peter Graves
37. “It’s an interesting but useless bit of information that every single character in ‘The Lord of the Rings‘ and ‘The Hobbit’ wears a wig, and many of them wear a prosthetic – false ears, feet, hands.” ― Ian McKellen
38. “Like most men, I can’t say I am thrilled my hair’s falling out, but then, if I really cared, I suppose I would wear a wig, get transplants, or start taking special pills, so I am obviously just putting up with it.” ― Robert Webb
Wig Quotes for When You Don’t Have Hair
The following quotes are from those who have experienced hair loss from natural causes or diseases.
39. “I got heckled by a woman, and my riposte fixed upon her unfortunate hair texture, only for her to remove her wig and reveal to the room the horrors of chemotherapy.” ― Dominic Holland
40. “I chose not to put a wig on. The reason why I chose to come out with the cancer thing is because there’s somebody out there who can see that all sickness isn’t unto death. That it’s something you can’t change at that point in time, so you just got to go with it. Don’t be ashamed.” ― Sharon Jones
41. “When I had my cancer, the chemotherapy took my hair away. So then I decided I would just keep it short, and this is my signature now. The great thing about it is that I am a bit of a chameleon, so you can put a wig on me, and I look totally different.” ― Anthony Warlow
42. “I started wearing wigs when I was younger and had a thyroid disease that made my hair fall out. It was devastating. I thought, ‘I could either have an issue with this, or I could go to the store and buy a wig.’ And then I fell in love with wearing them, and I stuck with it even after my hair came back.” ― Angela Robinson
Some More Wig Quotes
Here are some extra wig quotes you will not like to miss.
43. “I make an all right Bowie. Actually, I look more like Cilla Black with that wig.” ― Noel Fielding
44. “If I’m feeling like a Barbie girl, I’m gonna throw that blonde wig on. It’s just the mood.” ― Blac Chyna
45. “I will never wear a wig if I don’t have to, but I will say that, honestly, it’s not the greatest! They’re hot and stick to your head.” ― Cameron Boyce
46. “Whenever I’ve had a wig fall off, I’ve just played it off like I meant it to happen. Just keep a good sense of humor about it.” ― Chris March
47. “You can’t play a high school student forever, so at some point, I’m going to have to tear down that wall and tear off that wig and be me.” ― Liza Koshy
48. “Somebody emailed that to me a bit ago saying there was going to be a Kate Gosselin wig. I thought, ‘Wow, is that really what my hair looks like?’” ― Kate Gosselin
49. “I’ve always said drag queens are like Swiss Army knives. Most come from having to take $50-a-show pay and making their own costume, wig, music, and jokes.” ― Trixie Mattel
50. “My first reaction when I watched Les Miserables was, ‘Wow, my hair looks good!’ They put half a wig in, and I was always kinda worried it was gonna make my head look twice as big!” ― Ellie Bamber
Which One of these Wig Quotes is your Favorite?
A wig serves as a versatile and fashionable accessory, which can help you conceal baldness or create a unique appearance.
However, choosing a perfect wig is the key to getting the natural feel.
Wearing a wig can boost the confidence of bald people.
Besides, if you like our wig quotes, do let us know by commenting in the section below.
You can also use our comments section to share your favorite wig quote.
We are looking forward to your reply.