These confused quotes will inspire you to find direction when you’re feeling lost.
While many things are uncertain in life, one sure thing is you can expect to be confused a lot of the time. Each of us gets confused by different things, but some of them we have in common.
The most important thing is whether being confused bothers you or not. Some people thrive on being confused, because they feel it is the best way to learn and grow.
What should you do when you are confused?
Most of the time, you need to research and find more information about the topic that is making you confused. One way to do this is to talk to someone who is experienced and knowledgeable on the subject.
As you read through these confusion quotes, you will gain insight into how to handle situations where you find yourself confused.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of quotes about hypocrisy for more insights.
Confused Quotes About How Everyone Feels Lost
1. “Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not understood.” – Henry Miller
2. “I think it is scary anytime anyone is coming at you asking questions.” – Corrine Brown
3. “It’s amazing how confused and distracted and misdirected so many people are.” – Stephen Covey
4. “I think some people don’t even know what they’re talking about, and they just start talking with an opinion, not even asking questions.” – Brian Fallon
5. “Chaos is a name for any order that produces confusion in our minds.” – George Santayana
6. “Man’s role is uncertain, undefined, and perhaps unnecessary.” – Margaret Mead
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Margaret Mead quotes challenging societal stereotypes.
7. “The future is no more uncertain than the present.” – Walt Whitman
8. “That man is prudent who neither hopes nor fears anything from the uncertain events of the future.” – Anatole France
9. “The future is inherently uncertain.” – Manmohan Singh
10. “The world has always been uncertain. This is the nature of the world.” – Pierre Nanterme
11. “Nothing is perfect. Life is messy. Relationships are complex. Outcomes are uncertain. People are irrational.” – Hugh Mackay
12. “There is nothing so uncertain as a sure thing.” – Scotty Bowman
Confusion Quotes About The Advantages of Being Confused
13. “The thing about democracy, beloveds, is that it is not neat, orderly, or quiet. It requires a certain relish for confusion.” – Molly Ivins
14. “History and experience tell us that moral progress comes not in comfortable and complacent times, but out of trial and confusion.” – Gerald R. Ford
15. “I have always been much better at asking questions than knowing what the answers were.” – Bill James
16. “I’m slightly unsure as to what my goal is. I just keep doing jobs.” – Rachel Weisz
17. “When you stop learning, stop listening, stop looking and asking questions, always new questions, then it is time to die.” – Lillian Smith
18. “And I like asking questions, to keep learning; people with big egos might not want to look unsure.” – Heston Blumenthal
19. “I can still feel unsure in myself, and l’m still insecure about certain things, but my desire to be happy and my desire to be free is very strong.” – Bibi Bourelly
20. “True genius resides in the capacity for evaluation of uncertain, hazardous, and conflicting information.” – Winston Churchill
21. “When a man’s knowledge is not in order, the more of it he has the greater will be his confusion.” – Herbert Spencer
22. “May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.” – George Carlin
Quotes About Being Confused and its Downsides
23. “I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.” – Jack Kerouac
24. “We’re living in a fearful time. Since 9/11 people have become more afraid than before, because of terrorism. There’s a lot of confusion about evil, where it’s all coming from.” – Charles Stanley
25. “The dangers of not thinking clearly are much greater now than ever before. It’s not that there’s something new in our way of thinking – it’s that credulous and confused thinking can be much more lethal in ways it was never before.” – Carl Sagan
26. “I simply can’t build my hopes on a foundation of confusion, misery and death… I think… peace and tranquility will return again.” – Anne Frank
27. “The very essence of leadership is that you have to have vision. You can’t blow an uncertain trumpet.” – Theodore Hesburgh
28. “If you go out there with doubts or unsure what’s going to happen, it’s not going to go your way.” – Kevin Anderson
29. “Truth is ever to be found in simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” – Isaac Newton
30. “Sixty minutes of thinking of any kind is bound to lead to confusion and unhappiness.” – James Thurber
31. “I frequently hear our present period described as uncertain, confused, chaotic.” – George Crumb
32. “Truth emerges more readily from error than from confusion.” – Francis Bacon
Quotes About Being Confused and Learning
33. “Part of being successful is about asking questions and listening to the answers.” – Anne Burrell
34. “I just love asking questions. I love people. It’s in my DNA. I’m cursed – and blessed.” – Larry King
35. “I’m always looking, and I’m always asking questions.” – Anne Rice
36. “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” – Marie Curie
37. “Seek first to understand, then to be understood.” – Stephen Covey
38. “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” – Harper Lee
39. “All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” – Galileo Galilei
40. “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” – Albert Einstein
41. “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.” – Confucius
42. “The more you explain it, the more I don’t understand it.” – Mark Twain
43. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
44. “The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.” – Leonardo da Vinci
45. “It is not knowledge, but the act of learning, not possession but the act of getting there, which grants the greatest enjoyment.” – Carl Friedrich Gauss
Confused Quotes on How Confusion Can Lead to Clarity
46. “Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you.” – Roger Ebert
47. “If I look confused it is because I am thinking.” – Samuel Goldwyn
48. “I used to go away for weeks in a state of confusion.” – Albert Einstein
49. “In the confusion we stay with each other, happy to be together, speaking without uttering a single word.” – Walt Whitman
50. “I experience a period of frightening clarity in those moments when nature is so beautiful. I am no longer sure of myself, and the paintings appear as in a dream.” – Vincent Van Gogh
51. “Take advantage of every opportunity to practice your communication skills so that when important occasions arise, you will have the gift, the style, the sharpness, the clarity, and the emotions to affect other people.” – Jim Rohn
52. “I’ll tell you what I’m grateful for, and that’s the clarity of understanding that the most important things in life are health, family and friends, and the time to spend on them.” – Kenneth Branagh
53. “Clarity is the most important thing. I can compare clarity to pruning in gardening. You know, you need to be clear. If you are not clear, nothing is going to happen. You have to be clear. Then you have to be confident about your vision. And after that, you just have to put a lot of work in.” – Diane von Furstenberg
54. “Although our intellect always longs for clarity and certainty, our nature often finds uncertainty fascinating.” – Carl von Clausewitz
55. “The beauty is that through disappointment you can gain clarity, and with clarity comes conviction and true originality.” – Conan O’Brien
56. “Clarity of vision is the key to achieving your objectives.” – Tom Steyer
57. “My work is based on the assumption that clarity and consistency in our moral thinking is likely, in the long run, to lead us to hold better views on ethical issues.” – Peter Singer
More confused quotes and sayings
58. “We are not confused, it’s just the conflict between what we say and what we do.” – Muhammad Zaki
59. “Most people living in the world are confused about life.” – Sunday Adelaja
60. “One moment in life you get stuck… and confused.” – Deyth Banger
61. “If your mind is not clear then settle down.” – Herbern Lebumfacil
62. “Feeling lost, crazy and desperate belongs to a good life as much as optimism, certainty and reason.” – Alain de Botton
63. “Just simplify all that confusion and try to make life wonderfully simple again.” – Aurora Berill
64. “We’re all stumbling in the dark and that makes for some very interesting collisions.” – Marty Rubin
65. “Things are always either black or white. The grey in between is only a confusion.” – Ljupka Cvetanova
66. “Many life-affirming questions lead to an endless spool of disconcerting propositions and contradictory conclusions, and even more troubling, some queries prove unanswerable.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
67. “Life is fleeting, and the wonder can be lost within the confusion of worldly reality.” – Steven Redhead
So, is being confused a good thing or a bad thing?
It all comes down to what you are confused about and how it makes you feel. If you are confused about a scientific question, for example, you may feel motivated to ask questions and learn more about this topic. Another example would be if you are confused about how your furnace works, and you decide to learn how to repair it yourself. These are good times to be confused.
On the other hand, if you are confused about something that happened and it makes you worry about your safety, that is not a good thing to be confused about. Ultimately, being confused is a sign that you need to learn more so you can understand.
Which of these confused quotes and sayings got you thinking? Do you have any other insightful quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 20, 2019 7:30 AM EST