Sloth quotes are very much required when you suffer from sloth during the hectic routine of life.
These quotes are also believed to provide some relief during busy moments.
Sloth is defined as extreme laziness and lack of motivation to work.
Sloth has some benefits to a minor extent, but it has so many disadvantages when it is prolonged.
Sloth is one of the major causes of a lack of motivation in people.
With sloths, people don’t want to work or do something.
Other major cons are as under:
- It makes a person lazy
- It is a significant reason to end the desire to work
- It makes a person aimless
- It shatters confidence
- It could be a major reason for failure in life
Sloth quotes come to play their motivational role and cause people to get back to work.
Sloth is considered a major sin in catholic law which shows that it is not suitable for us.
Now let’s see some ways to motivate yourself to work.
Ways to motivate yourself to work
In today’s busy life, one gets tired of work, suffers from sloth, and lacks the motivation to work.
Many people worry about getting back the motivation to work.
Below are some ways to motivate yourself to work while dealing with sloth.
Check your to-do list
One of the great ways to motivate yourself to work while dealing with sloth is to check your do list.
This reminds you that you have some significant tasks and enormous responsibilities awaiting you.
It motivates you to do work and gives you confidence that you can do anything.
Promise yourself a treat
This is an exciting but motivating way to get back to work.
Promise yourself a treat on completing your task or project successfully.
This will increase your desire to work and perform better; in the end, you will have to treat yourself to celebrate your successful work.
Change your environment
Changing your environment can be helpful when dealing with sloths.
When you are bored and don’t want to work further, stop your work, change your surroundings, and take a break.
This will give you some relief, and you can feel fresh.
Consequently, you will return to your work with more power.
Read inspirational quotes
This is an older but most effective way to counter sloth and motivate yourself for work.
Quotes give powerful and inspirational messages to motivate you to work and become successful.
The words of quotes have a significant influence on you, giving you many benefits when you act upon them.
And you don’t need to worry about quotes.
Top 10 sloth quotes
Let’s start with the top sloth quotes by famous people and influences.
1. “Prosperity engenders sloth.” — Livy
2. “The scent of Sloth tempts a smug man.” — James Boswell
3. “That destructive siren, sloth, is ever to be avoided.” — Horace
4. “I love to sleep. My astrological sign is the sloth.” — Julie Schumacher
5. “Pastors are highly susceptible to the sin of sloth.” — Eugene H. Peterson
6. “Diligence overcomes difficulties; sloth makes them.” — Benjamin Franklin
7. “It’s a shame that creativity and sloth look exactly the same.” — Louise Penny
8. “That’s like comparing apples with hermaphroditic ground sloths.” — Chuck Klosterman
9. “Using governmental force to impose a vision on others is intellectual sloth.” — Ken Schoolland
10. “Sloth, if it has prevented many crimes, has also smothered many virtues.” — Charles Caleb Colton
Sloth quotes that are based on reality
These sloth quotes are based on reality, so you should read them carefully.
11. “You must avoid sloth that wicked siren.” — Horace
12. “Sloth and silence are a fool’s virtues.” — Benjamin Franklin
13. “We excuse our sloth under the pretext of difficulty.” — Quintilian
14. “You know, sloth is a sin…I prefer to think of it as an adorable animal.” — Ella James
15. “Thou seest how sloth wastes the sluggish body, as water is corrupted unless it moves.” — Ovid
16. “Nobody has ever thought himself to death…It is laziness, sloth…seeping into the cellar like swamp water.” — Gilbert Highet
17. “It feels good to finally stand on top of vanquished sloth, and actually impress some people as a hard worker.” — Guy Maddin
18. “Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not to suffer.” — Niccolo Machiavelli
19. “Sloth becomes a sin when it slows down and even brings to a halt the energy we must expend in using the means to salvation.” — John Hardon
20. “Pride, Sloth, and Gluttony, or, as we call them these days… ‘Raising your self-esteem,’ ‘relaxation therapy,’ and “being a recovered bulimic.” — P. J. O’Rourke
Meaningful sloth quotes
Here is an excellent list of meaningful sloth quotes you would like to read and share.
21. “Cynicism is only intellectual sloth.” — Henry Rollins
22. “Sloth is the tempter that beguiles and expels from paradise.” — Amos Bronson Alcott
23. “Flee sloth; for the indolence of the soul is the decay of the body.” — Cato the Younger
24. “There are two types of mistakes: mistakes of ambition and mistakes of sloth.” — Tim Ferriss
25. “Change without continuity is chaos. Continuity without change is sloth and very risky.” — Max De Pree
26. “Awake, awake, English nobility! Let not sloth dim your horrors new-begot.” — William Shakespeare
27. “From exertion come wisdom and purity; from sloth ignorance and sensuality.” — Henry David Thoreau
28. “No degree of prosperity can be sufficient to eliminate all misfortune, and sloth is impervious to opportunity.” — Dean Koontz
29. “Moderation is the feebleness and sloth of the soul, whereas ambition is the warmth and activity of it.” — Francois de La Rochefoucauld
30. “Lust is inseparably accompanied with the troubling of all order, with impudence, unseemliness, sloth, and dissoluteness.” — Plato
Inspirational sloth quotes
Below mentioned south quotes share the experience of authors regarding sloths.
31. “Sloth, not ill-will, makes me unjust.” — Mason Cooley
32. “The kindest word to describe my performance in school was Sloth.” — Harrison Ford
33. “A Bradypus or Sloth am I, / I live a life of ease, / Contented not to do or die / But idle as I please.” — Michael Flanders
34. “As to the Seven Deadly Sins, I deplore Pride, Wrath, Lust, Envy, and Greed. Gluttony and Sloth I pretty much plan my day around.” — Robert Breault
35. “I am overcome by my own amazing sloth…Can you please forgive me and believe that it is really because I want to do something well that I don’t do it at all?” — Elizabeth Bishop
36. “The sloth lives his life upside down. He is perfectly comfortable that way. If the blood rushes to his head, nothing happens because there is nothing to work on.” — Will Cuppy
37. “Pulp existed for 12 years before we got famous. Now, you could say that was just a lack of imagination, but it’s some kind of quality, isn’t it? Tenacity. You could also say it was a sloth.” — Jarvis Cocker
38. “And I thought, there’s a sloth near. There’s a sloth here, it’s close, and it’s gonna happen. And I didn’t know how to process that, because my entire life had been waiting for this moment.” — Kristen Bell
39. “The avenues in my neighborhood are Pride, Covetousness, and Lust; the cross streets are Anger, Gluttony, Envy, and Sloth. I live over on Sloth, and the style on our street is to avoid the other thoroughfares.” — John Chancellor
40. “Fiction is a kind of compassion-generating machine that saves us from sloth. Is life kind or cruel? Yes, Literature answers. Are people good or bad? You bet, says Literature. But unlike other systems of knowing, Literature declines to eradicate one truth in favor of another.” — George Saunders
Humorous sloth quotes
The following sloth quotes are full of humor for the readers.
41. “As for hearing, the sloth is not so much deaf as uninterested in sound.” — Yann Martel
42. “Sloths move at the speed of congressional debate but with greater deliberation and less noise.” — P. J. O’Rourke
43. “Be temperate in wine, in eating, girls, & sloth; Or the Gout will seize you and plague you both.” — Benjamin Franklin
44. “I’d love sloth. I wish sloth would come home and visit me once in a while. I don’t consider laziness a sin at all.” — Kajol
45. “Sloth is the torpidity of the mental faculties; the sluggard is a living insensible.” — Johann Georg Ritter von Zimmermann
46. “Thus Belial, with words clothed in reason’s garb, counseled ignoble ease, and peaceful sloth, not peace.” — John Milton
47. “Were cricket and football abolished, it would bring upon the masses nothing but misery, depression, sloth, indiscipline, and disorder.” — F. E. Smith, 1st Earl of Birkenhead
48. “To spend too much time in studies is sloth; to use them too much for ornament is affection; to make judgment wholly by their rules is the humor of a scholar.” — Francis Bacon
49. “I seldom try to probe the mystery of my sloth. I have squandered a gigantic fortune of work hours… seems likely that I’ll go on squandering till the very end.” — Christopher Isherwood
50. “You need not be proud of me… I’m only being active till you can be again–it isn’t such a great desire on my part to serve the world and I’ll fall back into habits of sloth quite easily!” — Eleanor Roosevelt
Which sloth quote motivated you to work?
If you were looking for a sloth quote to motivate you back to work, hopefully, you have found one.
Sloth causes demotivation, which makes you unable to work and feel lazy.
You should counter sloth right from the beginning, so you don’t feel difficulty.
Share with us which sloth quotes and sayings motivated you to work through the comment section.