I have watched every single episode of this crime procedural and I am sad that it is in its final season! Did you watch the premiere the other day? I won’t give you any spoilers, but it was AMAZING! These Criminal Minds quotes won’t help you answer, “What is the best Criminal Minds episode?”; however, they do come from some of the top contenders! I’m sure you are probably wondering who Spence’s new love interest will be, but thankfully it isn’t going to be J.J. (that was terrible)!
Criminal Minds has taught us much about life, suffering, and the human capacity for evil over the last 15 seasons. It has also given us glimpses of the power of forgiveness and hope. The showrunners have also crushed our hearts and souls due to their treatment of a certain attractive young doctor…but its not like I actually stopped watching the show (Erica Messer, I came so close!). Now might actually be a great time to go stream some earlier episodes and really enjoy these Criminal Minds quotes!
Don’t forget to also read these awkward Napoleon Dynamite quotes that are sure to make you laugh.
Criminal Minds Quotes about life and suffering
1. “Life is a hell of a thing to happen to someone”― David Rossi
2. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you’ve really stopped to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. ― Hotch
3. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars. Khalil Gibran.” (Episode 2, Season 3)
4. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it. Helen Keller.” (Episode 5, Season 2)
5. “It is impossible to suffer without making someone pay for it; every complaint already contains revenge. Friedrich Nietzsche.” — Dr. Spencer Reid
6. “Destroying a book is like…destroying a whole world.” — Diana Reid
7. “I know what it’s like to be afraid of your own mind.” ― Dr. Spencer Reid
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of American Horror Story quotes that will terrify you.
Criminal Minds quotes that leave us feeling hopeful
8. “Trust me, kiddo. I’ve been here before.” ― David Rossi
9. “Birds sing after a storm. Why shouldn’t people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them? Rose Kennedy.” (Episode 4, Season 1)
10. “Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all. Emily Dickinson.” (Episode 16, Season 5)
11. “It’s alchemy. Alchemy turns common metals into precious ones. Dreams work the same way. Turning something awful into…something better.” — David Rossi
12. “I’ve always heard every ending is also a beginning. We just don’t know it at the time. I’d like to believe that’s true.” — Emily Prentiss
13. “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future. Paul Boese.” (Season 9)
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Doctor Who Quotes throughout the seasons.
Some of the funniest Criminal Minds quotes
14. “He is the perfect man. He doesn’t hog the covers, and he poops in a box.” — Emily Prentiss
15. “When Garcia can’t find a breadcrumb, it’s usually because the bread was never baked.” — Jennifer Jareau
16. “That is a new deal and as fast as a caffeinated cheetah riding a lightning bolt, I am on it!” — Penelope Garcia
17. “Went on a diet last night. Lost 185 pounds.” — Dr. Tara Lewis
18. “Marital bliss followed by marital diss! Of course. Why didn’t I think of that?” — Penelope Garcia
19. “I don’t take kindly to being blown up. In fact, it kind of pisses me off.” — Derek Morgan
20. “And so the guessing game begins! From what nook or cranny will our new missing head roll out?” — David Rossi
21. “Look at me. Without a gun, I look like a teacher’s assistant!” ― Dr. Spencer Reid
22. “I got shot in the leg and I don’t get any cookies.” ― Dr. Spencer Reid
Also read these hilarious Dazed and Confused quotes from the classic cult.
Criminal Minds quotes about evil
23. “Evil can’t be scientifically defined: it’s an illusory moral concept that doesn’t exist in nature. Its origins and connotations have been inextricably been linked to religion and mythology.” ― Dr. Spencer Reid
24. “You’d be surprised how many killers do what they do because of their parents.” — Dr. Spencer Reid
25. “Look, of all the serial killer types, the ones I find most dangerous are the hyper-intelligent ones that get off more on the mind games than the killing. They’re like vampires, ready to suck your soul dry and file your information away for a rainy day.” — Dr. Tara Lewis
26. “Aside from being slightly morally repugnant, he’s clean as a whistle. If that whistle was slightly morally repugnant.” — Penelope Garcia
27. “Logic dictates that if you believe in one, you have to reconcile the existence of the other.” ― Dr. Spencer Reid
28. “Evil is always unspectacular and always human. And shares our bed…and eats at our table. W.H Auden.” (Season 1, Episode 12)
29. “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for the good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.” (Season 7, Episode 22)
Criminal Minds quotes on the facts we only know because of Spence
30. “Actually, some studies indicate that men take twice as many selfies as women ’cause it’s considered to be an acceptable form of male vanity.” — Dr. Spencer Reid
31. “Although the observable universe is continually expanding, there’s really no way of knowing the whole thing is gonna ultimately collapse into one gargantuan Black Hole.” — Dr. Spencer Reid
32. “The praying mantis can kill and eat a multitude of creatures but the most interesting fact is that oftentimes the female mantis engages in sexual cannibalism, meaning she’ll bite off the head of her mate once copulation is complete, sometimes even during intercourse, actually.” — Dr. Spencer Reid
33. “The number of pathogens passed during a handshake is staggering. It’s actually safer to kiss.” — Dr. Spencer Reid
34. “The business of incarceration is extremely lucrative and virtually recession-proof.” — Dr. Spencer Reid
35. “Actually, [candles] were originally used to protect the birthday celebrant from demons for the coming year. As a matter of fact, down to the fourth century, Christianity rejected the birthday celebration as a pagan ritual.” — Dr. Spencer Reid
You might also like these epic Supernatural quotes about light and darkness.
Thought-provoking opening and closing Criminal Minds quotes
36. “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours. Wayne Dyer.” (Episode 8, Season 10)
37. “There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They are messengers of overwhelming grief and unspeakable love. Washington Irving.” (Episode 11, Season 5)
38. “Death ends a life, not a relationship. Mitch Albom.” (Episode 6, Season 9)
39. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched—they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller.” (Episode 12, Season 6)
40. “Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. Albert Einstein.” (Episode 4, Season 1)
41. “One of the deep secrets in life is that all that is really worth doing is what we do for others. Lewis Carroll.” (Episode 3, Season 8)
42. “In order to learn the most important lessons in life, one must each day surmount a fear. Ralph Waldo Emerson.” (Episode 10, Season 2)
43. “No man really knows about other human beings. The best he can do is to suppose that they are like himself. John Steinbeck.” (Season 11, Episode 21)
44. “When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks into you. Friedrich Nietzsche.” (Season 9, Episode 14)
45. “Stephen King wrote, “The most important things are the hardest to say.”” — Krystall Richards
46. “When you have a child, the world has a hostage.” Ernest Hemingway” (Season 14, Episode 8)
47. “The most important question anyone can ask is: What myth am I living?” (Season 14, Episode 5)
48. “We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. Iris Murdoch.” (Season 14, Episode 4)
49. “Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.” Friedrich Nietzsche” (Season 13, Episode 21)
50. “Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.” Mark Twain.”(Season 13, Episode 20)
More Criminal Minds quotes
51. “Scars remind us where we’ve been. They don’t have to dictate where we’re going.” – David Rossi
52. “When truth is buried underground it grows, it chokes, it gathers such an explosive force that on the day it bursts out, it blows up everything with it.” – Émile Zola
53. “Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many. The intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden.” – Phaedrus
54. “Remember, we are our own griefs, my dear, we are our own happiness and we are our own remedies.” – Huseyn Raza
55. “Just thugs only ever got so far. The best thugs were all psychologists.” – China Miéville
56. “He was ready to go but I wasn’t ready to say goodbye.” – Alex Blake
57. “Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.” – David Rossi
58. “To the sexual offender, possession is power, and total possession is absolute power.” – Stephen G. Michaud
Which of these Criminal Minds quotes is your favorite?
What are your thoughts on how they will end season 15 of Criminal Minds? Will Reid finally be able to have a lasting relationship that the fans will believe? Are J.J. and Will going to be alright? Will Morgan and Baby Girl reunite for a final time? The suspense is killing me! I am hopeful that the powers that be will do the end justice.
Thankfully, there are “just a few” seasons to rewatch while I wait until Wednesday!
Let me know which episode is your favorite in the comment section below! And if you enjoyed these Criminal Minds quotes and lines, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
March 2, 2021 6:00 AM EST