A 4-foot 8-inch athletic powerhouse, Simone Biles is the most decorated American gymnast ever. Below, you will find motivational Simone Biles quotes on gymnastics, the Olympics, and more to unleash the Olympian in you.
Have you ever wanted to be an Olympian?
After trying gymnastics at 6 years old and becoming hooked, Simone Biles began her long journey to becoming the incredible Olympian she is today. Her popularity stretched worldwide in 2016, where she competed in the 2016 Summer Olympics. Four out of the five competitions she won gold in, all within the realm of gymnastics.
Biles has also dominated gymnastics in a variety of other competitions, including the World Championships, Pacific Rim Championships, and the FIG All-Around World Cup.
Take a look inside the life of Olympic gymnast Simone Biles below.
Don’t forget to also read these sports quotes about becoming legendary and mindset.
Simone Biles quotes on gymnastics
1. “To me, I go out there, and I do what I trained. We prepare so long for that moment, so it’s just kind of exciting.” – Simone Biles
2. “If I thought of gymnastics as a job, it would put too much stress on me.” – Simone Biles
3. “It feels amazing to inspire little kids to want to do gymnastics and have fun with it.” – Simone Biles
4. “The sport is called artistic gymnastics. So you do have to be a little bit of an actress.” – Simone Biles
5. “I’m very fortunate to have a coach that I got to stay with all this time. Every year the bond gets stronger and better, and we understand each other more. And it’s like she can tell if I walk into the gym what kind of mood I’m in, what she has to fix for the practice I need, or how I’m feeling.” – Simone Biles
6. “I always say my biggest competitor is myself because, whenever I step out there on the mat, I’m competing against myself to prove that I can do this and that I am very well trained, prepared for it.” – Simone Biles
7. “I feel like it’s harder because everyone knows I’m the three-time world champion – it’s almost like people are waiting for something bad to happen.” – Simone Biles
8. “Everything I do is in the gym so I’m always in gym clothes.” – Simone Biles
9. “Before a big event, I usually go to church and light a candle for St. Sebastian, who is the patron saint of athletes.” – Simone Biles
10. “Sometimes I hear the crowd cheering, and most of the time your body’s on autopilot, so sometimes even after I do a floor routine, I’m like, ‘Did I really just do that?’” – Simone Biles
11. “The reaction of the public plays a very important role. It gives us an adrenaline boost, especially when people start to shout and clap their hands in time with the music. That really helps us to go on.” – Simone Biles
12. “A successful competition for me is always going out there and putting 100 percent into whatever I’m doing. It’s not always winning. People, I think, mistake that it’s just winning. Sometimes it could be, but for me, it’s hitting the best sets I can, gaining confidence, and having a good time and having fun.” – Simone Biles
13. “Gymnastics is just one part of my life, and I’m having as much fun with it as possible.” – Simone Biles
14. “I think I’m teaching my teammates that they can still be successful while having fun and enjoying the moment rather than being a stone-cold brick.” – Simone Biles
15. “I don’t really think about the degree of difficulty or the possibility of making a mistake. I just try to relax and let my preparation and training take over.” – Simone Biles
16. “The same thing that’s true in gymnastics is also true in life: you can’t go back. The best you can do is forgive yourself, take a deep breath, and get to work on the next challenge.” – Simone Biles
17. “My first experience with gymnastics was when I was in daycare. We took a field trip to a gym, and I was hooked.” – Simone Biles
18. “If you ever have a mistake, you try to just kind of forget about it because if you carry that with you for the rest of the routine, then the rest of your routine might not go as planned. So you just kind of shake it off, and you just continue.” – Simone Biles
Simone Biles quotes about the Olympics
19. “When we had free time in the Olympic Village, we got massages and rested while watching Netflix.” – Simone Biles
20. “For me, I don’t think about size – I focus more on being powerful and confident.” – Simone Biles
21. “Mentally, I have to get my body and mind in the right place before I start the routine, but once into the zone, it’s like I turn on a switch. I envision myself doing the same thing for the Olympic Games.” – Simone Biles
22. “I’m not a celebrity. I’m just the same Simone. I just have two Olympic Gold medals now.” – Simone Biles
23. “I never thought about competing in the Olympic Games when I was growing up.” – Simone Biles
24. “I’m not the next Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps. I’m the first Simone Biles.” – Simone Biles
Simone Biles quotes about life
25. “At the end of the day, if I can say I had fun, it was a good day.” – Simone Biles
26. “I’d rather regret the risk that didn’t work out than the chances I didn’t take at all.” – Simone Biles
27. “You can’t get too caught up in yourself.” – Simone Biles
28. “You don’t have to be a robot all the time, and you don’t always have to seem happy out there. It also shows kids that it’s okay, if you’re enjoying the moment, to smile, to be happy. If you’re not having a good time, it’s okay – you don’t have to hide that from people.” – Simone Biles
29. “I never felt I had questions or needed answers or had a part of me that was missing.” – Simone Biles
30. “If I disappoint someone, it’s their loss for putting that expectation on me when they don’t know me. I can’t control what they want.” – Simone Biles
31. “Most people would focus on concentrating more, and I can’t do that. It almost makes me overthink a lot of my things. I have to focus on not thinking.” – Simone Biles
32. “If they said, ‘Do five pull-ups,’ I would always want to do ten.” – Simone Biles
33. “There are goals that I have, and then I dream of it, and then I make it a reality. If I could crawl out of my skin and see it, it would be really amazing.” – Simone Biles
34. “I feel like I’m small and mighty and pack a powerful punch, just like Tide PODS.” – Simone Biles
Simone Biles quotes about her upbringing
35. “I was missing out on public school and going to the football games, prom or homecomings. But I’ve been to three World Championships… so I think it’s like a win-win.” – Simone Biles
36. “It was a very long and hard decision. My dad kept telling me, ‘You can always go to college, but you can’t always go pro.’ That made sense to me.” – Simone Biles
37. “When I was younger, I thought every kid was adopted because that’s all I’ve known. I have everything I need, so I never felt the need to have answers for what happened.” – Simone Biles
38. “Growing up, it was kind of a struggle being small, since everyone would make fun of you – except for when it came to hide and seek: that’s the only advantage I ever had!” – Simone Biles
39. “My parents make sure we have everything we need so that we compete to the best of our abilities.” – Simone Biles
40. “I would be like, ‘Oh, my gosh, I wish I could go to prom.’ But then I think, ‘You know what? A lot of people can’t say they’ve ever done what I do – they’ll never have this opportunity.’” – Simone Biles
41. “I’m always trying to push myself to the limit to see what I can do. It’s my strong will that I’ve always had since I was a kid.” – Simone Biles
Inspirational Simone Biles quotes
42. “Always work hard and have fun in what you do because I think that’s when you’re more successful. You have to choose to do it.” – Simone Biles
43. “It’s amazing that I can inspire little kids to know that you can be short or tall, and your body type doesn’t matter because you can do anything.” – Simone Biles
44. “You make your own luck. You make it in training.” – Simone Biles
45. “Practice creates confidence. Confidence empowers you.” – Simone Biles
46. “If you’re having fun, that’s when the best memories are built.” – Simone Biles
47. “You don’t have to be serious all the time to do a good job.” – Simone Biles
48. “Stay healthy, have fun with it, and embrace all the moments. Because anything can happen.” – Simone Biles
49. “We all have skills. We can push ourselves further. We always have more to give.” – Simone Biles
50. “The unexpected is usually what brings the unbelievable.” – Simone Biles
51. “I would hope I would inspire kids everywhere to know that you can do anything you put your mind to.” – Simone Biles
More Simone Biles quotes and sayings
52. “I was built this way for a reason, so I’m going to use it.” – Simone Biles
53. “You will not always be strong, but you can always be brave.” – Simone Biles
54. “I would say to always follow your dream. And dream big because my whole career, including any of the things that I’ve accomplished, I never thought in a million years that I would be here. So it just proves that once you believe in yourself, and you put your mind to something, you can do it.” – Simone Biles
55. “You can still be very good at what you do and have fun.” – Simone Biles
56. “We strive for greatness.” – Simone Biles
57. “I tune it all out because if I let other people’s stress get to me, then I stress myself out more than I need to.” – Simone Biles
58. “I take things one step at a time.” – Simone Biles
59. “I have everything I need, so there are no blanks left unfilled.” – Simone Biles
60. “You can have fun and do well. Just let loose a bit.” – Simone Biles
When’s the last time you made a sacrifice?
Becoming America’s most decorated Olympian doesn’t come without sacrifice. For Biles, she had to give up many high school experiences to chase her dream of Olympic gold. But as Biles and her family knew, the goal that she was working towards was worth so much more than what she was missing.
If you are making sacrifices to make strides towards your goals, we at Everyday Power want you to know that we’re proud of you! The sacrifices that you are making won’t be in vain. One day, you will be thanking your past self for the time and effort you put in when it wasn’t convenient or easy.
What are your favorite Simone Biles quotes and sayings? Is there another athlete you want us to feature? Let us know!
May 18, 2020 7:30 AM EST