If you have ever had the opportunity to watch snowflakes fall from the sky, you will love these Snowflake quotes.
Snowflakes are single ice crystals that fall through the Earth’s atmosphere as snow.
You might also like these related articles:
Although each snowflake is unique, there are eight classifications of snowflakes:
- Needle Crystal
- Columnar Crystal
- Plate Crystal
- Combination of columnar and plate crystals
- Columnar crystal with extended side planes
- Rimed crystal
- Irregular snow crystal
- Germ of snow crystal
The appearance of snowflakes as white is actually from the diffused reflection of the spectrum of light in the small crystals, as by itself, snow is clear.
Each snowflake has its own unique shape because it is formed due to the different humidity and temperature of the atmosphere as the snowflake falls.
Take a few minutes to read these snowflake quotes and you will be ready for winter!
Top Snowflake Quotes
Enjoy some of the top quotes about snow and snowflakes.
1. “Breathin’ in snowflakes.” — Ed Sheeran
2. “No snowflake ever falls in the wrong place.” — Zen Proverb
3. “The snow is sparkling like a million little suns.” — Lama Willa Miller
4. “Every snowflake is unique, yet they are each perfect.” — Donald L. Hicks
5. “Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.” — Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
6. “I wish I could press snowflakes in a book like flowers.” — James Schuyler
7. “Catching snowflakes on your tongue brings you back to childhood.” — Laynni Locke
8. “In life, no two days are the same for me. It’s like a snowflake.” — Bethenny Frankel
9. “Snowing is an attempt of God to make the dirty world look clean.” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
10. “With every falling flake, a unique spark of interest falls from heaven.” — Percy Miller
The Wonders of a Snowflake Quotes
People love to marvel at the beauty and mystery of snowflakes, as shown in the following quotes.
11. “No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.” — Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
12. “Snowflakes are pretty patterns etched in water’s dreams.” — Anthony T. Hincks
13. “The most delightful advantage of being bald—one can hear snowflakes.” — R.G. Daniels
14. “I think it just takes one little snowflake to start a snowball to go down the hill.” — D’Angelo
15. “The snowflake charm, be as unique as a snowflake: embrace all your dimensions.” — Viola Shipman
16. “To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” — Aristotle
17. “The wonders of a single snowflake outweighs the wisdom of a million meteorologists.” — Francis Bacon
18. “We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand—and melting like a snowflake.” — Francis Bacon
19. “A flame may love a snowflake, but they can never be together without each harming the other.” — Chris Colfer
20. “Every avalanche begins with the movement of a single snowflake, and my hope is to move a snowflake.” — Thomas Frey
Metaphors and Snowflake Quotes
People often use snowflakes in metaphors to help paint a word picture.
21. “Her touch was as soft as a snowflake falling onto my skin.” — Jennifer Estep
22. “Sadly, my socks are like snowflakes; no two are exactly alike.” — Graham Parker
23. “Each person’s grief journey is unique as a fingerprint or a snowflake.” — Earl A Grollman
24. “Silently, like thoughts that come and go, the snowflakes fall, each one a gem.” — William Hamilton Gibson
25. “Love is like a snowflake; it can come to you in any shape or size and from any direction.” — Jennifer LeBlanc
26. “Each moment is like a snowflake, unique, unspoiled, unrepeatable, and can be appreciated in its surprisingness.” — Gail Sheehy
27. “Your kisses are snowflakes: each one is unique. They land on me before they melt away and leave me cold.” — Joseph Gordon-Levitt
28. “Words have always swirled around me like snowflakes—each one delicate and different, each one melting untouched in my hands.” — Sharon M. Draper
29. “Time, like a snowflake, disappears while we’re trying to decide what to do with it. The surest way to be late is to have plenty of time.” — Leo Kennedy
30. “Every one of you has a health that is unique and totally different from everybody else. Completely! Because we… are all like snowflakes.” — Lewis Black
Snowflake Quotes About People Being Like Snowflakes
People are compared to snowflakes for their uniqueness and differences.
31. “Like snowflakes, the human pattern is never cast twice.” — Alice Childress
32. “Please keep calling me a snowflake. I like being different than the next person.” — Ed Krassenstei
33. “No human being is the same; we are like snowflakes, none of us are the same, but we are all cool.” — Pharrell Williams
34. “You are not a beautiful, unique snowflake… This is your life, and it’s ending one minute at a time.” — Chuck Palahniuk
35. “Every moment of life mattered. Even the perfect snowflake that alighted on his palm and melted in seconds.” — Kristen Britain
36. “I am not a snowflake. I am not a sweet, infantilizing symbol of fragility and life. I am a strong, fierce, flawed adult woman.” — Stella Young
37. “God created each one of us in our own unique way. Just like a snowflake, we all hold a blueprint that differs one from another.” — Candace Cameron
38. “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand—and melting like a snowflake.” — Francis Bacon
39. “What is one man’s life compared to the eternity of time and space? No more than a snowflake that glitters in the sun for a moment before melting into the flow of time.” — Osamu Tezuka
40. “What’s wrong with being a snowflake? I think if you’re calling someone a snowflake, that just means you’ve been upset by something they’re saying. We’re all vulnerable; get over it.” — Mura Masa
More of the Best Snowflake Quotes
Here are a few more quotes and lessons from snowflakes.
41. “The snowflake never needs to feel responsible for the avalanche.” — Jon Ronson
42. “They say there can never be two snowflakes that are exactly alike, but has anyone checked lately?” — Terry Pratchett
43. “Nature is full of genius, full of the divinity; so that not a snowflake escapes its fashioning hand.” — Henry David Thoreau
44. “Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.” — Vesta M. Kell
45. “I was watching souls going down into the abyss as thick and fast as snowflakes falling in the winter mist.” — Benedict Joseph Labre
46. “Some of nature’s most exquisite handiwork is on a miniature scale, as anyone knows who has applied a magnifying glass to a snowflake.” — Rachel Carson
47. “It’s so fascinating to think about how each snowflake is completely individual—there are millions and millions of them, but each one is so unique.” — Kate Bush
48. “Just consider one tiny snowflake alone, so delicate, so fragile, so ethereal. And yet, let a billion of them come together through the majestic force of nature; they can screw up a whole city.” — Betty White
49. “Every crystal was a masterpiece of design, and no one design was ever repeated. When a snowflake melted, that design was forever lost. Just that much beauty was gone, without leaving any record behind.” — Wilson Bentley
50. “The universe is in the habit of making beauty. There are flowers and songs, snowflakes and smiles, acts of great courage, laughter between friends, a job well done, the smell of fresh baked bread. Beauty is everywhere.” — Matthew Fox
How is a Snowflake Made?
An ice crystal nucleates high in the Earth’s atmosphere and grows as it falls.
The snowflakes attract supercooled cloud water, which then freezes into a crystal form.
As the snowflakes fall, they form complex shapes through the different temperature zones and emerge as the beautiful snowflakes we see falling from the sky.
Share these snowflake quotes and post any comments about snowflakes in the comment section below.