These stand tall quotes are perfect for your Instagram posts or when you are feeling a little down.
Standing tall typically means presenting yourself in a confident and proud way.
The truth is that we are all much more capable than most of us know.
We get bogged down in the stresses of life and our mistakes and failures, but really those are just opportunities for us to overcome.
Every time you conquer an obstacle in your path, you are strengthening your resolve, resilience, and hope.
It can be hard to remember to stand tall when things keep knocking you down, but you can do it!
It might seem impossible while you are in the middle of problems and conflicts, but even the worst of our problems and pain are temporary.
Our attitude, time, and perspective can help us heal from things we thought we would not survive.
Keep reading through these stand tall quotes and remind yourself why it matters to keep going!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Stand tall quotes for Instagram
Using these stand tall quotes on Instagram can help encourage others as well as yourself. You can start sharing your favorites today.
1. “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” — H. G. Wells
2. “Stand tall and believe in yourself.” — Roxrite
3. “Character is standing tall and guiding others.” — Saru Singhal
4. “I have a confidence about my life that comes from standing tall on my own two feet.” — Jane Fonda
5. “You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims.” — Harriett Woods
6. “Stand tall, laugh loudly, and be who you truly are.” — Sark
7. “If you fall, stand tall and come back for more.” — Tupac Shakur
8. “Stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better.” — Gordon B. Hinckley
9. “Grace, mercy, and forgiveness will help a man walk tall. Walk tall!” — John Mellencamp
10. “Be a pineapple: Stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.” — Jacqueline Wilson
Inspirational and short stand tall quotes
Life can be tough and we all need a little inspiration from time to time. If you need to be inspired, read these quotes below.
11. “To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them.” — Montesquieu
12. “I’m still standing up there tall and strong every night that I perform.” — Patti LaBelle
13. “Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.” — Abraham Lincoln
14. “If you want to be tall to see the world better, have some high thoughts!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
15. “Was so proud that night, so self-possessed, standing tall, fully inhabited. I owned myself, felt fully mine to give.” — Elisa Albert
16. “If we stand tall it is because we stand on the backs of those who came before us.” — African Proverb
17. “You can cry about how things aren’t fair, or you can stand tall and make things fair.” — David Dalglish
18. “Show some pride! Stand up for yourself and walk Tall! Don’t be a doormat! Be proud of who you are! Stick out your chest and hold your head up high!” — Glen Rambharack
19. “Only as strong as our love for this land, only as tall as we stand.” — Phil Ochs
20. “When backed up against a wall, dig deep, demand excellence, stand tall, and be strong.” — Robert Cheeke
Stand tall quotes for when times are tough
Often times we are braver than we think we are when we face tough times. Reading encouraging words from others can help you stand tall even when things aren’t going well.
21. “Stand tall with dignity and do the next right thing.” — Nikki Duvall
22. “I will not fall, I will stand tall, feels like no one can beat me.” — Eminem
23. “Stand for what is right. Even if it means standing alone.” — Suzy Kassem
24. “When you don’t take a stand against corruption, you tacitly support it.” — Kamal Haasani
25. “Strong people stand up for themselves, but stronger people stand up for others.” — Suzy Kassem
26. “Stand Tall, Stand Proud. Know that you are unique and magnificent. You do not need the approval of others.” — Jonathan Lockwood Huie
27. “We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly, we are brave enough to bend to cry, and we are sad enough to know that we must laugh again.” — Nikki Giovanni
28. “Stand firm. Stand tall. You are a tower of God.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
29. “Grow taller than your failures; never give up. People who are content with where they are will never be passionate about making greater accomplishments in their lives.” — Israelmore Ayivor
30. “The sacred soul stand tall!” — Lailah Gifty Akita
Stand tall quotes about the things worth standing for
What matters the most to you? It’s important that we all find things that are worth standing for.
31. “Everything is a learning process: any time you fall over, it’s just teaching you to stand up the next time.” — Joel Edgerton
32. “Stand tall like a tree but know when to bow, Wind will blow hard but never forget the roots that helped you grow.” — Himani Kukret
33. “Consider what really makes up your self-worth – like your caring heart or your ability to stand tall in the face of adversity.” — Susan Bernstein
34. “In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” — Thomas Jefferson
35. “Love lifts people up. Love rises above fear. Love shines light on darkness. Love stands tall.” — Carol ‘CC’ Miller
36. “I had purpose in my heart that I would stand up for the truth regardless of what I might lose in life.” — Israel Folau
37. “A nation that does not stand for its children does not stand for anything and will not stand tall in the future.” — Marian Wright Edelman
38. “It’s not a matter of pride; it’s a matter of principle. I simply will not bow, for I stand too tall for even the Heavens to climb.” — Lionel Suggs
39. “Stand tall and be proud of what you are. Never back down from what you believe in. And never be ashamed of who you are.” — Nishan Panwar
40. “If you are standing for a reason, stand like a tree, strong, mighty and tall. If you are falling, fall like a seed that germinates and creates a new tree in this world. Our world surely needs many more trees than what we have today!” — Deodatta V. Shenai-Khatkhate
More standing tall quotes to motivate you
Do you need more motivation to help you continue to stand tall? Read through the quotes below and find the one that speak to you the most.
41. “Wake up for your call no matter how many times you fall; Stand tall and stretch yourself once more. Rise up from the ground, roll the ball and be hopeful you will score!” ― Israelmore Ayivor, Dream Big!: See Your Bigger Picture!
42. “Standing tall doesn’t mean straight up – It means you fall-tall, crawl-tall, stumble-tall…your back-up-tall. All true entrepreneurs, leaders and managers know this.” — Chase LeBlanc
43. “All people are standing; you got to stand out! All people are breaking grounds; you got to breakthrough grounds! Don’t settle for less; rise up and stand tall in what you do!” ― Israelmore Ayivor, Daily Drive 365
44. “What a beautiful thing it is to be able to stand tall and say, “I fell apart, and I survived.”” — Unknown
45. “No matter what life throws at you, get back up, stand tall, and hold your chin up high.” — Unknown
46. “Stand tall and scare the storms, if you will not give up then the storms will.” — Unknown
47. “Be a sunflower. Stand tall and find the light.” — Unknown
48. “Stand tall. Reach high. And dream big.” — Unknown
49. “And where she stood, she stood tall.” — Unknown
50. “Stand up. Stand out. Stand tall.” — Unknown
How you can stand tall in the face of adversity
Resilience and mental toughness are something that you can build and strengthen.
Practicing mindful meditation and learning to be more self-aware can help you fortify yourself.
This will help you handle anything that comes your way! But this doesn’t mean that you avoid conflict or taking risks.
In fact, if a challenging opportunity that could lead to you furthering your life’s mission presents itself, these tips will help you be confident enough to take it!
Start by managing your expectations. Make sure they are realistic and give yourself enough time to achieve the things you want.
Also, accept the fact that there will be changes to plans and struggles along the way.
If you go into something knowing this, then you can be confident that your actions will be the best ones when the time comes.
While you can not control all the things that will happen, you can always control how you react.
Managing your expectations is important, but so is managing your emotions. Delayed gratification, self-control, and calmness can all help you see things from a different perspective.
Let us know what standing tall quotes means the most to you. Feel free to share your inspiring stories with us in the comment section below!