Soulmate Quotes and Sayings to Put Love into Words
April 9, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Our latest collection of soulmate quotes that will inspire love and affection.
Your soulmate is someone who’s on board with who you are, your purpose on this earth and what you want to accomplish in life.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a survey conducted by the dating app Zoosk, 61% of singles say that they prefer to use romantic quotes and sayings to express their feelings towards their partner.
This indicates that sharing soulmate quotes is a popular way to put love into words.
It is the one person who inspires you to be a better person and whom you’ll always love no matter what.
Love is a significant part of life.
It makes us better human beings and improves our lives.
Love gives you the energy to face life along with the many challenges it brings.
Besides, when you have love inside of you, other people will benefit just as much as you do.
You’ll be able to share it with others and positively impact their lives.
When you have had a bad day at work, your soulmate offers a safe cushion to land.
They will also be a mirror for you and help you grow into a better person.
Connecting with your soulmate is another way to tap into your everyday power and greatly enhance your life.
However, we sometimes run out of words to express how much love we have for our soulmates.
Here are some inspirational, wise, and beautiful soulmate quotes, soulmate sayings, and soulmate proverbs to help put your feelings into words and make your relationship more satisfying.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Soulmate quotes and sayings to put love into words
Research by the Gottman Institute found that couples who regularly express fondness and admiration for each other are more likely to have a happy and long-lasting relationship.
Sharing soulmate quotes can be a simple yet effective way to show this kind of appreciation.
1. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse
You will also enjoy our article on Kenny Powers quotes.
2. “All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love.” – Leo Tolstoy
You will also enjoy our article on love quotes for him.
3. “A bond between souls is ancient – older than the planet.” – Dianna Hardy
You will also enjoy our article on falling in love quotes for him and her.
4. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”- Dr. Seuss
You will also enjoy our article on tough love quotes.
5. “You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” – Sam Keen
You will also enjoy our article on 15 must see love picture quotes.
6. “I want to be your soulmate, even if I don’t believe in them.” – Colleen Hoover
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about losing a loved one.
7. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” – Leo Christopher
8. “There is only happiness in life, to love and to be loved.” – George Sand
9. “Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.” – Richard Bach
10. “True love is finding your soulmate in your best friend” – Faye Hall
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of true love quotes for the hopeless romantic.
You will also enjoy our article on love quotes for you husband.
Soulmate quotes and sayings to help express your love
In a study published in the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, researchers found that sharing positive relationship experiences with others can increase relationship satisfaction.
Sharing soulmate quotes can allow couples to share their love with others and potentially strengthen their relationship.
11. “I feel like a part of my soul has loved you since the beginning of everything. Maybe we’re from the same star.” – Emery Allen
12. “A soulmate is the one person whose love is powerful enough to motivate you to meet your soul, to do the emotional work of self-discovery, of awakening.”— Kenny Loggins
13. “The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind I was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.”— Rumi
14. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.” — The Notebook
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of The Notebook quotes from the movie.
15. Our universe grants every soul a twin—a reflection of themselves—the kindred spirit – And no matter where they are or how far away they are from each other—even if they are in different dimensions, they will always find one another. This is destiny; this is love. – Julie Dillon
16. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
17. “The soulmate is what we aspire to and like to understand about ourself, is what we deem to be perfection, purity, and endless love.” – Sorin Cerin
18. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” — Lao Tzu
19. I know I am in love with you because my reality is finally better than my dreams.
20. If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you. – Joan Powers
Soulmate quotes for him or her
The Pew Research Center reports that in the United States, the share of adults who have never been married is at a historic high of 30%.
This statistic can be used to highlight the challenges and pressures that modern singles face in finding a soulmate.
21. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.”— Maya Angelou
22. “You’re the fire burning inside of me.” ― Kelvin O’Ralph
23. “I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes.” — Unknown
24. Have you ever felt really close to someone? So close that you can’t understand why you and the other person have two separate bodies, two separate skins? – Nancy Garden
25. Loving you never was an option. It was a necessity. – Truth Devour
26. When I look into your eyes, I know I have found the mirror of my soul.
27. “I love you the way a drowning man loves air. And it would destroy me to have you just a little.” – Rae Carson
28. “I never loved you any more than I do, right this second. And I’ll never love you any less than I do, right this second.” – Kami Garcia
29. “I want everyone to meet you. You’re my favorite person of all time.” – Rainbow Rowell
30. I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times… In life after life, in age after age, forever. –Tagore
You might also like these magical falling in love quotes that prove just how incredible it is to find your special someone.
Soulmate quotes and sayings to spice up your relationship
According to a survey by the dating app Bumble, 70% of people believe that it’s possible to find a soulmate online.
This statistic can be used to support the idea that technology has changed the way people meet and connect, and that finding a soulmate can happen through digital means.
31. “And in her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars.”
32. “Before I met you, my life ran on sheer amusement.
After I met you, my life ran on sheer compassion.” ― Heenashree Khandelwal
33. “Love is but the discovery of ourselves in another, and the delight in the recognition.” – Alexander Smith
34. “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” – Judy Garland
35. The best things in life can never be kept; they must be given away. A Smile, a Kiss, and Love. – Robert Browning
36. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
37. “Some souls just understand each other upon meeting.” – N. R. Hart
38. “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” ― William Shakespeare
39. I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more. – Angelita Lim
40. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach. – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Beautiful soulmate quotes and sayings
According to a study published in the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science, people who feel understood by their romantic partner report higher levels of relationship satisfaction and intimacy.
This statistic can be used to support the idea that finding a soulmate involves finding someone who truly understands and accepts you.
41. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”— Emily Brontë
42. “A soul mate is not found. A soul mate is recognized.” – Vironika Tugaleva
43. “What if you find your soul mate… at the wrong time?”― Lauren Kate
44. “Soul mates are muses. The people in your life you despise, disrespect and desire the most.” – Coco J. Ginger
45. “Soul mates may be linked, but fight to separate, causing wounds and confusion. They teach what no one else can.” – Donna Lynn Hope
46. Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. – Helen Boswell
47. “Before you find your soul mate, you must first discover your soul.”― Charles F. Glassman
48. Did you ever stop to think that even if I am a monster, I might be your soulmate anyway? – Julie Johnson
49. Close your eyes for a while. The image that conjures is your soulmate. Don’t pause, rush and say what you feel. After all time and tide for none wait. – Neelam Saxena Chandra
50. “And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.” — Paul McCartney
Soulmate quotes to help you put your thoughts and feelings into words
According to a study by the Pew Research Center, 88% of Americans believe in the concept of soulmates, with a majority of both men and women agreeing that there is one special person out there for them.
This statistic highlights the widespread belief in the idea of soulmates and may encourage readers to explore the topic further.
51. “Your soulmate doesn’t just mean your husband or your boyfriend. I have friends in my life who I believe I was meant to meet and be a part of.” – Louise Nurding
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of boyfriend quotes that will give you butterflies.
52. “A soul mate is…someone whose way of viewing life is not necessarily the same as yours but complements yours…there is not a compromise, there is a complement.” – Paul Robear
53. “What’s the difference?” I asked him. “Between the love of your life, and your soulmate?” “One is a choice, and one is not. – Tarryn Fisher
54. “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soulmate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.”— Elizabeth Gilbert
55. “A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks.” ― Richard Bach
56. “Carry me in your heart wherever you go I’m always here. You just have to look within.” – Jeremy Limn
57. “As you awaken, you will come to understand that the journey to love isn’t about finding “The one” the journey is about becoming “The one”. –Creig Crippen
58. “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.” – Carl Jung
59. “Friends yesterday, lovers today, soulmates forever.” — Unknown
60. “I love us for the way our eyes make love to each other’s souls.” – Christopher Poindexter
Cute soulmate quotes to lift your spirits
A study published in the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships found that people who perceived their partner as their soulmate reported higher levels of relationship satisfaction and commitment.
This suggests that the concept of a soulmate can have positive effects on romantic relationships and underscores the importance of finding a partner who feels like a soulmate.
61. “A soulmate is someone whom, when you meet, without thinking, without letting your neocortex play into the decision; you feel an instant familiarity, a sense of connection, a longing.” – Karen Salmansohn
62. “To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.” – Heather Cortez
63. “Yes, it was love at first sight. I feel that after all these years, I have finally found my soulmate.” – Barbara Hershey
64. “A soulmate is someone to whom we feel profoundly connected, as though the communicating and communing that take place between us were not the product of intentional efforts, but rather a divine grace.”
— Thomas Moore
65. “When love runs soul deep, a kiss is no longer just a kiss. It is the place where heaven and earth meet.” – Daniel Nielsen
66. “You don’t find love, it finds you. It’s got a little bit to do with destiny, fate, and what’s written in the stars.” ― Anaïs Nin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of fate quotes that will remind you to take each day one at a time.
67. “Today and always, beyond tomorrow, I need you beside me, always as my friend, lover and forever soul mate..” – Ritu Ghatourey
68. “We meet our soulmates when we’re on our soul path.” – Karen M. Black
69. “We recognize a soulmate by the supreme level of comfort and security we feel with that person. That doesn’t mean that there aren’t issues that remain to be ironed out. Rather, it means we know intuitively that we can resolve issues with our soul mate without losing his or her love and respect.” — Linda Brady
70. “Sometimes you get lucky and find a soul that grooves with yours.” — Unknown
Powerful soulmate quotes
According to a survey by the dating app Plenty of Fish, 63% of people believe they have already met their soulmate, with over half of respondents saying they knew their partner was “the one” within the first year of dating.
This statistic emphasizes the importance of trusting one’s intuition and listening to one’s heart when it comes to finding a soulmate.
71. “When deep down in the core of your being you believe that your soulmate exists, there is no limit to the ways he or she can enter your life.” – Arielle Ford
72. “A soulmate will never leave you. They will always be apart of your life until one day the chance is given for them to become your life. It is then you will become one.”― Faye Hall
73. “Soulmate is an overused term, but a true soul connection is very rare, and very real.” – Hilary Duff
74. “Sometimes, soulmates may meet, stay together until a task or life lesson is completed, and then move on. This is not a tragedy, only a matter of learning.”― Brian Weiss
75. “To say that one waits a lifetime for his soulmate to come around is a paradox. People eventually get sick of waiting, take a chance on someone, and by the art of commitment become soulmates, which takes a lifetime to perfect.” – Criss Jami
76. “Soulmates aren’t the ones who make you happiest, no. They’re instead the ones who make you feel the most. Burning edges and scars and stars. Old pangs, captivation and beauty. Strain and shadows and worry and yearning. Sweetness and madness and dreamlike surrender. They hurl you into the abyss. They taste like hope.”― Victoria Erickson
77. “A heart worth loving is one you understand, even in silence.”― Shannon L. Alder
78. “I married a man who was as much a part of me as my own soul.”― C.J. English
79. “Though soulmates aren’t looking for you, they will find you.”― Kevin Ansbro
80. “We were soul deep in love, our souls loved one another long before we ever knew this was a once in a lifetime love. One we cannot undo.”― N.R.Hart
Soulmate quotes you’ll surely love
81. “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.” – Candace Bushnell
82. “When you loved someone and had to let them go, there will always be that small part of yourself that whispers, “What was it that you wanted and why didn’t you fight for it?” – Shannon L. Alder
83. “Having perfected our disguise, we spend our lives searching for someone we don’t fool.” – Robert Brault
84. “Hide yourself in God, so when a man wants to find you he will have to go there first.” – Shannon L. Alder
85. “Time and time again, we reconnect. It’s like the universe nudges us to give it one more chance.” – Nikki Rowe
86. “Not all pain can be consoled. Sometimes all a pining person really needs is an ear to listen and a heart to understand them.” – J. Yuvanesh
87. “If you find me not within you, you will never find me. For I have been with you, from the beginning of me.” – Rumi
88. “Even if he could never belong to me, I would always belong to him. Painfully, ruinously, irrevocably.” – Mary Catherine Gebhard
89. “When your emotion finds a true expression in another person, he’s your soul mate. Never leave him!” – Ramana Pemmaraju
90. “In darkness, love can sleep too deep, but it can never die. In light, love can blind its sight, but it can never lie.” – Tavisha Sh
Other soulmate quotes and sayings
91. “Love is all about guts. If you have it, you fight with the world. If you don’t, you fight with yourself.” – Heenashree Khandelwal
92. “I will love you all my life and when I die, I will still love you through eternity and beyond.” – Leann
93. “Beauty is the purest feeling of the soul. Beauty arises when the soul is satisfied.” – Amit Ray
94. “You fall in and out of love, but when you really love someone…it’s forever.” – Sophie Kinsella
95. “Our souls already know each other, don’t they?’ he whispered. ‘It’s our bodies that are new.” – Karen Ross
96. “Forever in my heart is where you will be. Nobody else will enter because you have the only key.” – Adrian Jackson
97. “Forever is never long enough when it’s spent with you.” – Ralph
98. “You have captured my soul in a cocoon of love. My heart will be forever yours.” – Shae-Lynn Bourne
99. “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.” – A. A. Milne
100. “I can’t promise you forever, because that’s not long enough.” – Jason Dorsey
Soulmate quotes about the challenges of finding one
101. “It’s so dark right now, I can’t see any light around me. That’s because the light is coming from you. You can’t see it but everyone else can.” – Lang Leav
102. “I told you. You don’t love someone because of their looks or their clothes or their car. You love them because they sing a song only your heart can understand.” – L.J. Smith
103. “What are the chances you’d ever meet someone like that? Someone you could love forever, someone who would forever love you back? And what did you do when that person was born half a world away?” – Rainbow Rowell
104. “It is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving, caring human being.” – John Joseph Powell
105. “When you love someone, its never over. You move on, because you have to but you take them with you in your heart” – Elizabeth Chandler
106. “I want you any way I can get you. Not because you’re beautiful or clever or kind or adorable, although devil knows you’re all those things. I want you because there’s no one else like you, and I don’t ever want to start a day without seeing you.” – Lisa Kleypas
107. “There is nothing on earth more beautiful to me than your smile…no sound sweeter than your laughter…no pleasure greater than holding you in my arms. I realized today that I could never live without you, stubborn little hellion that you are. In this life and the next, you’re my only hope of happiness.” – Lisa Kleypas
108. “Falling in love is very real, but I used to shake my head when people talked about soul mates, poor deluded individuals grasping at some supernatural ideal not intended for mortals but sounded pretty in a poetry book. Then, we met, and everything changed, the cynic has become the converted, the sceptic, an ardent zealot.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
109. I don’t know how you are so familiar to me—or why it feels less like I am getting to know you and more as though I am remembering who you are. How every smile, every whisper brings me closer to the impossible conclusion that I have known you before, I have loved you before—in another time, a different place, some other existence.” – Lang Leav
110. “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.” – Roy Croft
Soulmate quotes on why we need to find them
111. “I hate to say it, most of them – actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can’t give up because if you give up, you’ll never find your soulmate. You’ll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything.” – Marilyn Monroe
112. “…And when one of them meets the other half, the actual half of himself, whether he be a lover of youth or a lover of another sort, the pair are lost in an amazement of love and friendship and intimacy and one will not be out of the other’s sight, as I may say, even for a moment…” – Plato
113. “Marriage is miserable unless you find the right person that is your soulmate and that takes a lot of looking.” – Marvin Gaye
114. “If you age with somebody, you go through so many roles – you’re lovers, friends, enemies, colleagues, strangers; you’re brother and sister. That’s what intimacy is, if you’re with your soulmate.” – Cate Blanchett
115. “I think it’s really important for people to have a passion… a hobby… riding horses or climbing or riding motorcycles or whatever it is. It’s very good for the soul. And if you can find a soulmate with whom you can share similar experiences with… one who enjoys them as much as you do, then it’s kind of a match made in heaven really.” – Charley Boorman
116. “I believe in soulmates, yes, but I believe you also have to work at love. I happen to believe your soulmate doesn’t have to be your partner – your soulmate could be your best friend, your sibling, it doesn’t have to be the person you marry.” – Cheryl Cole
117. “Your soulmate can be anything. It could be the person you marry, or it could just be literally your bosom buddy. Whatever is the most fulfilling relationship for you. It can be whatever you want it to be.” – William Jackson Harper
118. “I describe a soulmate as a ‘soul-nurturing mate’ – someone who nurtures your soul – thereby promoting insight and growth.” – Karen Salmansohn
119. “My husband and I are best of friends first and foremost. We fight like cats and dogs, but never stay mad for long. I was lucky to find him, he is in every way, my soulmate.” – Carnie Wilson
120. “You meet your soulmate, and you’re like, ‘Well, this is it. This is the feeling of falling in love, and it’s the most intense it can ever be.’ Then you have a child, and it’s like – it’s huge!” – Bryce Dallas Howard
Soulmate Quotes And Sayings For Lovebirds
121. “You’re mine in every galaxy, every universe, every alternate reality. you are mine. and i shall be yours just the same.” ― Renesmee Stormer
122. “Life will be so beautiful, just marry someone who loves you instead of the person you love.” ― Pradip Bendkule
123. “I hope you outlive me so I never have to know what life is like without you.” ― C.J. English
124. “Take a chance on me and I will prove how worthy your life is.” ― Heenashree Khandelwal
125. “Love is supposed to lift you up, not hold you down. It is supposed to push you forward, not hold you back.” ― Suzy Kassem
126. “Loving you feels like my commitment to eternity a long time ago” ― Nicola An
127. “Just you and me against the world. Always and forever.” ― Jessica Sorensen
128. “We were two throats and one eye and we had no price.” ― Toni Morrison
129. “A part of your soul recognizes a part of my soul. But our souls are not meant to be together.” ― Avijeet Das
130. “Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life…Love comes along and brings you a Fairy Tale!” ― Mallika Nawa
Soulmate quotes to inspire you
131. “Some souls are just meant to be for each other forever, and ever, and ever!” — Avijeet Das
132. “Do you believe, as I do, that our souls spoke, long before our lips ever got a chance to?” — Sayed H. Fatimi
133. “The greatest love stories are not those in which love is only spoken, but those in which it is acted upon.” ― Steve Maraboli
134. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” — Aristotle
135. “A soulmate is a romantic partner who really understands the needs of your soul, mind and body with little or no explanation needed.” — Lebo Grand
135. “A strong soul reaches anyplace, anytime; body fails to restrain it. And thus, perhaps soul mates are formed.” — Munia Khan
136. “I believe everyone has a soulmate that they can spend the rest of their life together.” — Ryan Lochte
137. “Important encounters are planned by the souls long before the bodies see each other.” — Paulo Coelho
138. “A true soul mate is one who grows your capacity to love.” ― Sonia Choquette
139. “I’ve learned that there’s a soulmate somewhere in this world. Till you don’t find that person, the search goes on.” — Preity Zinta
140. “A person feels lost without you, is your Soulmate.” ― Swapna Rajput,
Soulmate Quotes and Sayings To Find Your Confidant
141. “Your divine mate already exists. When you get to the place in yourself that is peaceful divine love, your true mate will be revealed.” — Iyanla Vanzant
142. “There is no perfect man! I think I’m meant to have many soulmates.” — Jessica Simpson
143. “I think there are plenty of soulmates out there. That’s what I choose to believe.” — Emma Stone
144. “When you find your soulmate, you could sleep under their armpits.” — Heather Mills
145. “The idea of a soulmate is beautiful and very romantic to talk about it in a movie or a song, but in reality, I find it scary.” — Vanessa Paradis
146. “You will not find a soulmate in the quiet of your room. You must go to a noisy place and look in the quiet corners.” — Robert Breault
147. “A marriage. . .will give a new gladness to the sunshine, a new fragrance to the flowers, a new beauty to the earth, and a new mystery to life.” — Mark Twain
148. “Meeting your soulmate has a certain amount of meant-to-be-ness to it, AND it requires a big dose of make-it-happen-ness.” — Arielle Ford
149. “But how will I know who my Soulmate is? Brida felt that this was one of the most important questions she had ever asked in her life.” — Paulo Coelho
150. “A soulmate is the person who makes your soul grow the most.” — Caroline Myss
Soulmate Quotes and Sayings to Discover the Connection
151. “I believe in soulmates, especially growing up and seeing how much my parents loved each other. They always said that they had been married in past lives, too.” ― Nadia Bjorlin
152. “When soulmates come and go, you’re never alone, even when you’re standing just you and your shoes, because you carry them with you.” ― Tori Amos
153. “I’d been right from the start – soulmates were for fairy tales. In real life, people were just people, and they couldn’t be trusted.” ― Hilary Duff
154. “She was his soulmate, as much a part of him as the very flesh and bone that made him. She was with him, in him, in everything he did. She was everything he wanted from his life, the very measure of his dreams.” ― Jennifer Donnelly
155. “Your soulmate can also be your downfall. ” ― Guillaume Musso
156. “Sense of family is enormously important to me. In the larger sense, we’re all of us family; we’re all of us soulmates.” ― Richard Bach
157. “A soulmate is someone who has been where you have been, someone you can call when things aren’t going right.” ― Diana Ross
158. “A soulmate is an ongoing connection with another individual that the soul picks up again in various times and places over lifetimes.” ― Edgar Cayce
159. “A soulmate is someone to whom we feel a deep and profound connection, someone with whom we are comfortable, safe and secure.” ― Oprah Winfrey
160. “A soulmate is an ongoing connection with another individual that the soul picks up again in various times and places over lifetimes.” ― Edgar Cayce
Which are your favorite soulmate quotes?
Love improves our lives in so many ways.
When you find your soulmate, you’ll find someone who’s on board with everything about you and your purpose.
Connecting with your soulmate will shape other things that will happen in your life and the world around you.
Hopefully, these soulmate quotes have helped you find the right words to share with your significant other.
Did you enjoy these soulmate quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.