Maybe you found your way here because you were wondering what you can say to someone to help them be strong.
Maybe you need some words of support for yourself.
Share your favorite quote about support with us in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these support quotes?
Regardless of what brought you here in search of support quotes that are encouraging and positive, you will find some inspiration in these words.
There are support quotes from various outlooks, including:
- spiritual leaders
- pop stars
These support quotes might help you find some words to use or encourage you to offer your support to someone in the first place.
However, one of the best ways you can do this doesn’t involve you speaking any words at all.
What can you do if you are trying to offer support to someone else?
Sometimes, all anyone needs are for us to be good listeners.
They may not want to talk about what is bothering them at that moment, but knowing they have someone who will listen to them is one of the most supportive things we can do for someone else.
Keep reading these support quotes for some ways to help out the people in your life who might need some support during a tough time.
Don’t forget to also check out these encouraging quotes to help keep you going.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Support system quotes that prove how important friends and family are
1. “Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours.” ― Les Brown
You will also enjoy our article on hard times quotes.
2. “It is not enough to help the feeble up, but to support him after.” ― William Shakespeare
You will also enjoy our article on fake friends quotes.
3. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” ― Dalai Lama
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about helping others.
4. “Fear is the result of counting on men instead of leaning on God.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
You will also enjoy our article on funny motivational quotes about life.
5. “Support and encouragement are found in the most unlikely places.” ― Raquel Cepeda
You will also enjoy our article on support small business quotes.
6. “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”— Maya Angelou
You will also enjoy our article on rare inspirational quotes.
7. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
You will also enjoy our article on challenge quotes.
8. “A friend supports you when you are down. An enemy strikes at your weakest point.”― Marnie Swedberg
You will also enjoy our article on inspirational quotes with pictures.
9. “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lou Holtz
You will also enjoy our article on achievement quotes.
10. “Immorality, no less than morality, has at all times found support in religion.” ― Sigmund Freud
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of pick me up quotes to lift your spirit.
Support quotes about drawing strength from God and faith
11. “I live in the faith that there is a presence and power greater than I am that nurtures and supports me in ways I could not even imagine. I know that this Presence is all-knowing and all power and is always right where I am.” ― Ernest Holmes
You will also enjoy our article on community quotes.
12. “So next time you’re struggling, instead of berating yourself for your weakness, look for whom God might have put into your life to hold you up. It might not be the people you imagined, but someone will offer you their strength until you can hold yourself up again.” ― Rev. Elizabeth Ingram Schindler
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about possibility.
13. “God has blessed me with an amazing family, friends, and work colleagues that have been my joy, my support, and my sanity. I don’t know what I’d do without them.” ― Josie Loren
14. “Everyone needs a support system, be it family, friends, coworkers, therapists, or religious leaders. We cannot do life alone and expect to keep mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy. Everyone needs some sort of support system on which to rely.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
Being supportive quotes from popular musicians and actors
15. “I am so grateful for all the love and support I’ve had from people around the world.” ― Katy Perry
16. “No matter who or what you support, I believe in supporting fairness first.” ― Jennette McCurdy
17. “I believe everyone should be equal, and we should all love and support each other and express ourselves the way we want to express ourselves and be whoever we want. That’s my motto.” ― Melanie Martinez
18. “My mom has always been my support system. She taught me to never give up and to keep pursuing my passions no matter what.” ― Mandy Moore
19. “In a relationship, each person should support the other; they should lift each other up.” ― Taylor Swift
20. “You can do anything as long as you have the passion, the drive, the focus, and the support.” ― Sabrina Bryan
21. “Oh, you hate your job? Why didn’t you say so? There’s a support group for that. It’s called everybody, and they meet at the bar.” ― Drew Carey
22. “At the end of the day, life is about being happy being who you are, and I feel like we are so blessed to have the support system and the best family to really just support each other no matter what we’re going through.” ― Kim Kardashian
23. “We have to support our local artists. It’s just that simple. Otherwise, we will have no art.” ― Al Jourgensen
24. “I want to be around people that do things. I don’t want to be around people anymore that judge or talk about what people do. I want to be around people that dream and support and do things.” ― Amy Poehler
Check out these I got your back quotes to help you remember you are not alone.
Inspirational support quotes and sayings
25. “If you want to support others, you have to stay upright yourself.” ― Peter Heg
26. “It is a kingly act to assist the fallen.” ― Ovid
27. “Never reach out your hand unless you’re willing to extend an arm.” ― Elizabeth Fuller
28. “To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.” ― Mother Teresa
29. “Life’s most urgent questions is: ‘What are you doing for others?’” ― Martin Luther King, Jr.
30. “When a person is down in the world, an ounce of help is better than a pound of preaching.” ― Edward Bulwer-Lytton
31. “Support the strong, give courage to the timid, remind the indifferent, and warn the opposed.” ― Whitney M. Young
32. “Having friends who are accepting, supportive, available, and loving are key to feeling safe. If you choose to cultivate better friendships, begin by being a great friend to others.” ― Tara Bianca
33. “Good friends sure make their presence known at times of strife and challenging times and are revealed for their true support when all others seem to vanish. It is one thing to say you are a true friend and quite another to actually step up to the plate when times get tough.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
34. “If you have a good support system like your family and your friends around you, then you can’t go wrong. So just believe in yourself, do you your thing, and stay strong in what you believe in.” ― Roman Reigns
35. “Helping others isn’t a chore; it is one of the greatest gifts there is.” ― Liya Kebede
36. “Be a rock to others in need, be a rock of support to those who are facing critical issues, be a rock full of caring, but be a rock who recognizes that you also will experience times when you need to seek your own rock.” ― Byron Pulsifer
37. “Be strong, be fearless, be beautiful. And believe that anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” ― Misty Copeland
38. “The fact is, there is no foundation, no secure ground, upon which people may stand today if it isn’t the family. If you don’t have the support and love and caring and concern that you get from a family, you don’t have much at all. Love is so supremely important.” ― Mitch Albom
39. “Be a supporter, not a contender, of your own life.” ― Christine E. Szymanski
40. “I really believe that everyone has a talent, ability, or skill that he can mine to support himself and to succeed in life.” ― Dean Koontz
41. “People want to be heard and want to be loved. That attitude of acceptance and support inspires them to be the best they can be.” ― Bobby Genovese
42. “When we open our hearts to the voice of intuition, we come to the realization that the universe supports our growth and courageous expression in every moment.” ― Maura McCarley Torkildson
Other uplifting supportive people quotes
43. “He stands erect by bending over the fallen. He rises by lifting others.” ― Robert Green Ingersoll
44. “Your support network is the solid ground from which you can propel yourself upwards.” ― Anna Barnes
45. “Even with world-class external support, many still fall into despair because they lack internal support.” ― Stephen Guise
46. “No leader, however strong, can succeed at anything of national importance or significance unless he has the support and cooperation of the people he is tasked to lead and sworn to serve.” ― Rodrigo Duterte
47. “Each person holds so much power within themselves that needs to be let out. Sometimes they just need a little nudge, a little direction, a little support, a little coaching, and the greatest things can happen.” ― Pete Carroll
48. “It’s about working hard, resting when you need to, leading a healthy life, and having a support structure around you. These factors help you improve.” ― Adama Traore
49. “Life is not a solo act. It’s a huge collaboration, and we all need to assemble around us the people who care about us and support us in times of strife.” ― Tim Gunn
50. “A little flattery will support a man through great fatigue.” ― James Monroe
Positive support quotes
51. “I’m lucky to have a great support system in my friends and some of my family. If you have those people that you trust, go ahead and fall back into them and let them be your hammock and cocoon and let them embrace you.” ― JoJo
52. “Downfall, failure, and death cannot be far from any man who made counterfeit friends his ally and support.” ― Bamigboye Olurotimi
53. “Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, ‘What’s in it for me?‘” – Brian Tracy
54. “People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.” – Unknown
55. “When you help others feel important, you help yourself feel important too.” – David J. Schwartz
56. “Nevertheless, when there is no one around you to give you the encouragement, motivation, and support you need, God’s Word is always there.” ― Ruben Barreto
57. “Be strong enough to face the world each day. Be weak enough to know you cannot do everything alone.” – Unknown
58. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” — Winston Churchill
59. “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”― Lewis Carroll
60. “To know how much there is to know is the beginning of learning to live.” —Dorothy West
Support Quotes That Give You a Shoulder To Lean On
61. “Emotional support provides people with a sense of love,reassurance, and belonging.” ― David Haber
62. “A worthy relationship is an agreement that challenges and supports both participants.” ― Joseph Rain
63. “You’re gonna want it when you can’t face the world and you need some support to succeed / You’ve got a home.” ― Christopher Lowe
64. “Stay with me I need support / I’m digging in the dirt / Find the places I got hurt / Open up the places I got hurt.” ― Peter Gabriel
65. “Both of us were born only to support each other; impregnably unite in the waves of unassailable solidarity.” ― Nikhil Parekh
66. “Religious services give meaning and hope as the community gathers around us in love and support.” ― Martha Whitmore Hickman
67. “I forever had hers and only her true support for me; even though none of the world and beyond; was ever mine.” ― Nikhil Parekh
68. “A man was made to help support his children / Which is the right and proper thing to do.” ― Alan Jay Lerner
69. “For those who are geographically far away, support is as close as an email or phone to check in and to see where you might help.” ― Ann Palmer
70. “Stand up for the underdog, the ‘loser.’ Sometimes having the strength to show loving support for unacknowledged others turns the tides of our own lives.” ― Alexandra Katehakis
Support Quotes To Improve Your Community
71. “Support your friends – even in their mistakes. But be clear, however, that it is the friend and not the mistake you are supporting.” — Hugh Prather
72. “Don’t be afraid of giving kids responsibility, be there to guide & support them, not just to do things for them.” — Kevin Heath
73. “A positive mindset, not a doomsday mentality, supports being exceptional.” — Wayne Dyer
74. “I am proud to be a conservative … but I am also proud throughout my life to have attracted the support and the love and affection of people from all over America and all parts of it.” — John McCain
75. “Faith is the staff that will support you over the rockiest terrain.” — Joan Walsh Anglund
76. “At the end of the day, your fans are the people who support you in and out. And their opinions matter.” — Kevin Hart
77. “I strongly support the feeding of children.” — Gerald R. Ford
78. “We are not here to fix, change or belittle another person. We are here to support, forgive and heal one another.” — Marianne Williamson
79. “It is only as a man puts off from himself all external support, and stands alone, that I see him to be strong and to prevail.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
80. “Women empowering other women. They get psycho-social support. They become part of a community.” — Annie Lennox
Support Quotes To Express Compassion
81. “We deceive ourselves when we fancy that only weakness needs support. Strength needs it far more.” — Sophie Swetchine
82. “Fighters are fighters. We got each others backs in terms of support.” — Tommy Morrison
83. “Be around people who can keep your energy and inspiration high. While you can make progress alone, it’s so much easier when you have support.” — Joe Vitale
84. “My mother has been moved out of intensive care and into a private room where she is being kept comfortable. Thank you for your continued support.” — Melissa Rivers
85. “Share your aspirations only with those who will support you, not those who will respond with doubt or lack of interest.” — Steve Backley
86. “A good relationship is when someone accepts your past, supports your present and encourages your future.” — Zig Ziglar
87. “Family… a group experience of love and support.” — Marianne Williamson
88. “If you believe in the project, you have to support it.” — Vin Diesel
89. “Life is to be enjoyed, not simply endured. Pleasure and goodness and joy support the pursuit of survival.” — Willard Gaylin
90. “I really want to see Israel. I would like to come and to express my support in the peace process there, and help the war orphans.” — Peta Wilson
Support Quotes To Keep Your Close Circle Intact
91. “Having a support system that includes extended family members and friends can make a difference in how successul families are in coping.” — Ann Palmer
92. “The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but reveal to them their own.” — Disraeli
93. “Live in the spirit of this creed; / Yet seek thy firm support, according to their need.” — William Wordsworth
94. “There are moments of frustration in life. You must build good relations to support you in these moments. You must also learn to encourage yourself and decide to stay determined in life.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
95. “Some need support, they were alone, got pushed into what’s wrong / Do this to survive don’t do this for fun, some try to hide and some try to run.” — Killian Mertens
96. “But if we are wise and fortunate and have the courage and support to tread the hallowed ground again and again, the loss will begin to lose its controlling power.” — Martha Whitmore Hickman
97. “The human touch is that little snippet of physical affection that brings a bit of comfort, support, and kindness. It doesn’t take much from the one who gives it, but can make a huge difference in the one who receives it.” — Mya Robarts
98. “I know I haven’t done my part / She just wants me to support her / And the best way that I’ve found / So with a gentle hand and a loving touch.” — Bradley Paisley
99. “Your small support could accomplish a big dream.” — Mohammad Rishad sakhi
100. “In our transient society today it is typical to be living far away from family and friendships may become our primary support system.” — Ann Palmer
Which of these support quotes resonated with you best?
If you are looking for support from your network, don’t hesitate to ask for it.
Most people will want to help.
They may just not know how to offer it.
You can offer support in many ways, including helping your friend or loved one make plans for the future.
If your loved one declines your offers first, don’t be discouraged and keep sending out invites and offers to help do specific tasks.
It is important to realize that people deal with things in their way and aren’t rejecting you personally when they shy away from the company.
If they aren’t ready to spend time with people yet, you can offer to let them borrow a good book or recommend a good show they can escape to for a little while.
You could make them a meal and let them know you want to just drop it by and ensure they have something to eat without worrying about going to the store and cooking themselves.
Think back to what felt good when you needed support and offer to do those things.
Share some ways that you have offered support or support that you received that mattered in the comment section below.
Don’t forget to also mention any other favorite support quotes and sayings.
Take a moment and share this article on your social media feeds.
You never know who needs support!
January 17, 2023 5:00 AM EST