Proud of You Quotes to Celebrate Their Accomplishments
March 19, 2023 5:00 AM EST
These inspirational quotes about being proud of someone you love will brighten their day.
How do you tell someone you are proud of them?
It’s important to let your loved ones know when you couldn’t be more proud.
Tell us about a time someone told you they were proud of you in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
A study by the University of California, Berkeley found that receiving positive feedback can activate the reward centers in the brain, leading to increased motivation and performance.
By using proud of you quotes, you can help motivate your loved ones to continue pursuing their goals and aspirations.
What are the benefits of reading ‘proud of you’ quotes?
This collection of inspirational quotes is great for sharing your joy and excitement.
Whether these accomplishments are academic, professional, or personal, there are lots of reasons to celebrate.
Cherish the moments when you are feeling proud of your friends and family.
When you tell someone that you are proud of them:
- you show you care about what they do
- you are acknowledging their achievements and hard work
- it gives them a chance to reflect on why you might be proud of them
Have you been wondering how to tell someone you’re proud of their accomplishments?
Read this list of motivational quotes to inspire yourself to share your own sense of pride.
There are a ton of reasons that you may be proud of a loved one or of yourself.
Every day gives us an opportunity to grow and improve in new ways.
If you or a loved one has accomplished something special recently, read these incredible quotes to celebrate.
Don’t forget to check out these motivational practice quotes to boost your skills.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Proud of you quotes to celebrate their accomplishments
According to a study by Harvard Business Review, people who receive recognition and praise at work are more productive and engaged.
By telling your partner or friend how proud you are of their accomplishments, you can boost their confidence and encourage them to keep striving for success.
1. “I’m so proud of you that it makes me proud of me. I hope you know that.” – John Green
You will also enjoy our article on you are amazing quotes.
2. “Be proud of yourself when you do keep going!” – Lindsey Vonn
You will also enjoy our article on love yourself quotes.
3. “If you do something awesome, you should be proud of yourself.” – Damon Lindelof
You will also enjoy our article on be real quotes.
4. “When people are proud of their speech, be proud of your silence.” – Luqman
You will also enjoy our article on letting go quotes.
5. “Always work hard, be honest, and be proud of who you are.” – Patricia Velasquez
You will also enjoy our article on choice quotes.
6. “Nothing is ever wrong. We learn from every step we take. Whatever you did today was the way it was meant to be. Be proud of you.” – Oprah Winfrey
You will also enjoy our article on graduation quotes.
7. “As an athlete, you figure you work your whole life to have what you have, and to be able to show the world what you have and how proud you are of it, that’s always fun.” – Ricky Williams
You will also enjoy our article on keep your head up quotes.
8. “Do you force your kids to pay attention to what’s going on, or do you let them live their lives outside of it? My hope is that my child is a strong activist. That would make me most proud.” – Eddie Vedder
You will also enjoy our article on humble quotes.
9. “Good for you, and be proud of yourself because you have your priorities in order. Be proud of yourself if you are responsible, reliable, persistent, and take your job and education seriously.” – Ana Monnar
You will also enjoy our article on niece quotes.
10. “I am telling you that I am very grateful and am so proud of you for being a symbolic generation that is calling for change to the better, that is dreaming for a better future, and is making the future.” – Hosni Mubarak
You will also enjoy our article on journey quotes.
Proud of you quotes to share your joy and excitement
In a study by the University of Rochester, researchers found that couples who express appreciation towards one another have closer and more supportive relationships.
Sharing proud of you quotes can be a simple yet powerful way to express appreciation and strengthen your relationship.
11. “I want people to fall in love with themselves and to be really proud and full of joy for the space they take up. If someone else appreciates the space you take up, then that’s icing on the cake.” – Jonathan Van Ness
You will also enjoy our article on motivational sports quotes.
12. “It takes strength to be proud of yourself and to accept yourself when you know that you have something out of the ordinary about you.” – Abigail Tarttelin
You will also enjoy our article on life transformation quotes.
13. “Be proud of your scars. They have everything to do with your strength, and what you’ve endured. They’re a treasure map to the deep self.” – Clarissa Pinkola Estes
14. “You should be proud of what you’re doing, but not conceited. If you can’t be proud of yourself, you’re a failure. And discipline. To do anything in life you have to have discipline. to accomplish anything, you have a goal, challenge yourself, and work until you accomplish that goal. Practice what you preach.” – Jack LaLanne
15. “They may never say it, but your parents really are proud of you when you follow your heart and chase your dreams.” – Robert Cheeke
You will also enjoy our article on discipline quotes.
16. “Success is a process for all of us, and as long as you are making consistent progress towards your goals – sincerely giving your best effort more often than not – then you are already successful and deserve to feel proud of yourself.” – Hal Elrod
17. “That wall is your mind playing tricks on you. You just need to say, ‘One more step, I can do this. I have more in me.’ You’ll be so proud of yourself once you push yourself past your threshold.” – Kerri Walsh
18. “Be proud of your choices, not your gifts.” – Jeff Bezos
19. “Your best champion and cheerleader is yourself. Always be proud of your accomplishments, big or small.” – Ayanna Howard
20. “When you remember how much you have to be proud of, you don’t need to envy others. Instead of wallowing in your jealousy, use your friends’ accomplishments as inspiration to pursue the life you want.” – Phil McGraw
Proud of you quotes to celebrate that special occasion
In a survey conducted by the Pew Research Center, 68% of Americans stated that they felt proud of their personal accomplishments.
This statistic can be used to highlight the fact that feeling proud of oneself is a common and normal human experience, and can be a powerful motivator for further achievement.
21. “Having a child on the way changes your perspective. You want to do things that will make them proud of you.” – Holly Madison
22. “Anyone can do it when it’s easy. When it’s hard and you can do it well, you’re proud of yourself.” – Celine Dion
23. “Be proud of your place in the cosmos. It is small, and yet, it is.” – Cecil Palmer
24. “If you’re out there and need help, please seek it. Be proud of your valiant day-to-day struggle. There is no shame in needing support.” – Jared Padalecki
25. “You don’t have to belittle others in order to feel important in life. We are all special in the eyes of God. So be proud of your positive inner-self.” – Edmond Mbiaka
26. “Take pride in what you do, because the World is enough to make you feel guilty for things you have not done!” – Somya Kedia
27. “You always want your people to be proud of what you have accomplished.” – Dolly Parton
28. “Would you like to be able to really learn how to be proud of yourself and still not lose genuine humility? Then start dreaming! It’s possible! You can become the person you have always wanted to be!” – Robert H. Schuller
29. “Be proud of yourself. Be proud that your heart and intentions are good. Be proud of the fact that you are trying.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
30. “You have to be proud of who you are.” – Bai Ling
Proud of you quotes to inspire and motivate
According to research conducted by the University of California, Berkeley, receiving praise and recognition for one’s achievements can lead to increased self-esteem, improved job performance, and even better physical health.
This statistic can be used to encourage readers to share proud of you quotes with loved ones, as these messages of recognition and validation can have a real and lasting impact on a person’s well-being.
31. “There are things that you think about in your life that you’re proud of, some things that you’re not proud of.” – Jim Kelly
32. “If you’re proud of something, and if you’re proud of your work at the end of the day, the experience, walking away, you can feel good about it; that’s what you have to focus on.” – Dylan O’Brien
33. “It’s good to be noticed when you are proud of your work.” – David Eigenberg
34. “If you do something that you’re proud of, that someone else understands, that is a thing of beauty that wasn’t there before – you can’t beat that.” – Teller
35. “Judge me on what I do and I think you will be pleased and proud of me.” – Catherine Ashton
36. “It doesn’t matter: any weight, shape or form or however your body is, you want to be proud of it.” – Ali Krieger
37. “Create something for yourself that you feel proud of, that you are in control of, that gives you a better understanding of the type of artist you want to be.” – Aja Naomi King
38. “Even the bad moments, the tough ones, I’m proud of them, too. Those moments get you better, smarter, make you grow.” – Manu Ginobili
39. “I love the whole idea of family and what gets left behind when you are gone. I’m very proud of my children; I was one of seven.” – Dick Strawbridge
40. “I’m satisfied and proud of the things I did – even the bumps and the bruises that I’ve had on the way. You fall down, you get up, you brush yourself off and you keep going. And that’s what we’re doing.” – Gucci Mane
Proud of you quotes that will make your day
According to a survey by Monster.com, 58% of workers reported that they did not receive enough recognition for their work, and 93% felt that their organization could do more to recognize employees.
This statistic can be used to underscore the importance of giving recognition and praise to others, and can be a call to action for employers and managers to create a culture of appreciation in the workplace.
41. “I am extremely proud of my rags-to-riches story. It’s fun to be a misfit or an underdog if you acknowledge your gifts and befriend your obstacles.” – Kangana Ranaut
42. “Be very proud of your name and where you come from. It’s so important. Say it loud and clear for everybody to hear.” – Masai Ujiri
43. “Beauty is a gift, just like good health or intelligence. The only thing is not to be proud of being beautiful. Because you didn’t do anything – it was given to you.” – Monica Bellucci
44. “I would urge youngsters to pick up a sport while pursuing your studies as it will keep you fit and you could make your country proud in the field of sports.” – Dutee Chand
45. “You may have enemies whom you hate, but not enemies whom you despise. You must be proud of your enemy: then the success of your enemy shall be your success too.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
46. “Be proud of yourself. Try to eat well…and when you cheat, enjoy it!” – Diane von Furstenberg
47. “I’m really proud of you for having come this far – every single one of you, wherever you are, you’re on your way – you are getting there!” – Ysabella Brave
48. “Money is cool, but being proud of yourself is something that’s so rare.” – Lucas Till
49. “Be proud of your scars. They remind you that you have the will to live.” – Paulo Coelho
50. “I’m not proud of every single thing I’ve ever done. But I’m proud of the things I don’t do anymore.”― Nitya Prakash
Other proud of you quotes and sayings
51. “It’s your life and we’re all going to be gone one day so just be proud of yourself.” – Marcus Hudson
52. “If you want to feel proud of yourself, then do good. Take action that will make you proud. . . . And if you really want to feel proud, then do something to help someone else.” – Osceola McCarty
53. “Born this way is about being yourself, and loving who you are and being proud.” – Lady Gaga
54. “There’s nothing wrong with being proud of who you are. It’s a wonderful thing.” – Matthew Moy
55. “Being interesting isn’t important. But being happy is. As well as being a person you’re proud of.” – Holly Bourne
56. “I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you are not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
57. “You really have to look inside yourself and find your own inner strength and say, ‘I’m proud of what I am and who I am, and I’m just going to be myself.” – Mariah Carey
58. “You just need to be accepted for who you are and be proud of who you are and that is what I’m trying to do.” – Lewis Hamilton
59. “I’m doing pretty good for myself, and I’m very proud and very humbled at where I’m at, and I’m extremely blessed.” – Roman Reigns
60. “Staying humble has always been really important to me, and always being proud of what you’re representing.” – Jordyn Wieber
Quotes to share with others that say “I’m proud of you.”
61. “If you can look in your mother’s eyes and she’s proud of you, then you’re a champion.” – George Foreman
62. “I’m prouder of him than I’ve ever been of myself.” – Marie Lu
63. “There will be always some extraordinary people in our lives with whom we are proud to be living in the same époque with them! – Mehmet Murat Ildan
64. “I’m proud of you for the times you came in second, or third or… you did was the best you have ever done”- Fred Rogers
65. “There has never been a day when I have not been proud of you,” I said to my Son. “Though some days I’m louder about other stuff so it’s easy to miss that.”- Brian Andreas
66. “I’m very proud of the way I was raised. I’m very proud of the way my parents raised me.” – Nikki Hasley
67. “I’m proud of you, not for surviving, but for living the life that you live despite those difficult times.” – Denise Foster
68. “My massive motivation in life is to make my parents proud.” – Benedict Cumberbatch
69. “Proud of the work I’ve done and savoring the hours of rest I’ve earned.” ― Ronda Rousey
70. “Your families are extremely proud of you. You can’t imagine the sense of relief they’re experiencing.”- Gary Bolding
Proud of you quotes you can relate to
71. “All I wanted to do was to do something so good so that my parents could be proud of me.” – Ozzy Osbourne
72. “I think I’m proudest of making my parents proud.” – Eric Dickson
73. “My dad has worked so hard his whole life. He doesn’t deserve to see his daughters going out embarrassing themselves and flashing their knickers. I want to make my parents proud.” – Petra Stunt
74. “The face is, that my parents loved me, and I wanted to be worthy of their love. I wanted to make them proud.” – Michael Bergin
75. “Make your parents proud, your enemies jealous & yourself happy.” – Abel Tesfaye
76. “Someday you will look back at your struggling days and feel proud of what you have achieved.” – Avijeet Das
77. “Living a short life as a proud person is more worthwhile than living a whole century as a chameleon.” – Eraldo Banovac
78. “If a man is proud of you in public, he will always be proud of you.” – M.F. Moonzajer
79. “Don’t hide yourself. Stand up, keep your head high and show them what you got!” – Joe Mari Fadrigalan
80. “Henry closed his eyes and… felt a little proud that she could love him.” – Anna Godbersen
Proud of you quotes for family and friends
81. “I’m saying this because it needs to be said by someone… I’m so proud of you.” – Colleen Hoover
82. “You have been given all the good things one must have, be proud of yourself and enjoy your gifts.” – M.F. Moonzajer
83. “Our struggles make us the man or woman we can be proud of!” – Avijeet Das
84. “If everything was in your favor, then you have nothing to be proud of. But if you feel that you have special difficulties, then you must indeed be proud of your achievement.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
85. “Make your family proud and don’t forget those who helped you get there.” – Saziso Lucas
86. “I am proud only of those days that pass in undivided tenderness.”― Robert Bly
87. “Be proud and stand tall; Ain’t no one living your life.”― Wazim Shaw
88. “Our struggles make a person we can be proud of.”― Avijeet Das
89. “If you’re a mistake you’re the greatest one ever made. I’m really proud to know you.”― Mhairi McFarlane
90. “I am proud of these people not because of their colour but because of their intelligence
and their spiritual force and their beauty.”― James Baldwin
Easy Proud of You Quotes to Say to Yourself After Surviving a Hard Time
91. “Every day you have a new chapter to write about your journey of life. As you write that chapter, do it so well such that when others read it; you would still be proud of yourself.” – Gugu Mona
92. “I never regret what I do. I’m very proud of every work I have done.” – Kunal Khemu
93. “If you practice an art, be proud of it and make it proud of you It may break your heart, but it will fill your heart before it breaks it; it will make you a person in your own right.” – Maxwell Anderson
94. “Don’t use expensive clothes as a screen for your personal doubts. Be proud of yourself.” – Karl Lagerfeld
95. “I am proud of who I am, and nobody’s going to steal that.” – Hope Solo
96. “When you feel insecure or like you don’t measure up, remind yourself of how far you’ve come. And in that moment, you’ll realize you’ve climbed mountains and can overcome anything.” – Brittany Burgunder
97. “Be you. Don’t be someone else. You are a unique individual. Be proud… rock it loud.” – Apolo Ohno
98. “Some of the things I’m most proud of, it isn’t because I think it’s my best work; it’s because of something that it’s taught me.” – Troy Baker
99. “I’d rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.” – Robert H. Schuller
100. “If you want to be proud of yourself, then do things in which you can take pride.” – Karen Horney
Proud of You Quotes To Give You Confidence
101. “You are nearly there,” said James. “Very close. We are…so proud of you.” ― J. K. Rowling
102. “When you succeed, be proud of yourself and know that not everyone gets to experience the thrill of success on a consistent basis.” ― Robert Cheeke
103. “I’m so proud of you, Ani so proud I missed you so much now I am complete.” ― Shmi Skywalker
104. “Of course you want your son, your children, to be proud of you.” ― Charlize Theron
105. “You’re so ashamed of your past; drop it! You’re so proud of your past; drop it!” ― Anthony de Mello
106. “Have faith in yourselves, be proud of your ancestors, instead of being ashamed of them.” ― Swami Vivekananda
107. “I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and know I took everyone on.” ― Oscar De La Hoya
108. “You don’t have to be famous. You just have to make your mother and father proud of you.” ― Meryl Streep
109. “It is all about quality of life and being proud of what I do. I need me to be me.” ― Patrick Cox
110. “I want to do something that people can really say, ‘Hey, man, that was good, I’m proud of you, I’m proud of that.’ ‘Pride’ and ‘Transformers’ and things like that.” ― Bernie Mac
Proud of You Quotes To Be Content With Your Achievements
111. “Based on history the expectations are simply the highest, it kind of could become a burden for you or it could be something that you are really proud of, you know so I take the second one.” — Jurgen Klinsmann
112. “But I’m most proud of your being just you. ‘Success’ would be an extra – but you are special to me whatever you do.” — Pam Brown
113. “Stay away from drugs and alcohol. Listen to your moms and dads. In this great country of ours you do whatever you set your mind to. Make us proud of you.” — Mickey Mantle
114. “Only you must have worthy foes hate, but not enemies worthy of contempt. You must be proud of your enemy.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
115. “I am so proud of you. Despite all the hardships, you persisted, you endured, you never quit, you persevered, you kept going, you never gave up, you stayed on course, you prevailed, I am so proud of you.” — Karen Hackel
116. “I asked Stu Hart earlier. I said, ‘Stu, you gotta be proud of your boys.’ He said, ‘I have boys?'” — Bobby Heenan
117. “I love you,” “I’m proud of you,” “I forgive you,” “I’m grateful for you.” That’s what eternity is made of: invisible imperishable good stuff.” — Fred Rogers
118. “Being proud of your nationality is like congratulating yourself for inheriting money.” — Dov Davidoff
119. “I’m proud of all your achievement. You’ve worked hard for them. I’m proud of your looks and your intelligence – which some far distant ancestor handed down.” — Pam Brown
120. “I had the most reversed education possible. Every parent wants their son to be a businessman, respectable – me, it was the opposite. When I had an artist career my mum was like, ‘Oh finally, I’m proud of you!” — David Guetta
Proud of You Quotes To Appreciate Your Efforts
121. “Life consists of two days, one for you and one against you. So when it’s for you don’t be proud of reckless, and when it’s against you be patient, for both days are test for you.” — Imam Ali
122. “Be proud of every scar on your heart, each one holds a lifetime’s worth of lessons.” — Wallace Stegner
123. “I think your whole life shows in your face and you should be proud of that.” — Lauren Bacall
124. “It seems pretty basic to me. If you eat to feel proud of yourself, you’ve got to do things you can be proud of. Feelings follow actions.” — Oseola McCarty
125. “I think when your heart hurts this much it means you opened it wide once- and that is something to be proud of.” — Glennon Melton
126. “Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” — Anne Sweeney
127. “I got told I needed a producer I don’t know how many times – maybe 27 times, 30? Then I recently got told ‘I’m so proud of you.’ That was even more great to hear.” — Cat Power
128. “If you are not proud of your cellar, there is no thrill of satisfaction in seeing your guest hold up his wineglass to the light and look judicial.” — George Eliot
129. “When did you feel most fulfilled? When did you impress yourself, or otherwise feel most proud of yourself?” — David Maister
130. “On my honor, I swear to you, that from my first day in office to the last breath I draw, I will do everything in my power to make you proud of your government.” — John McCain
Proud Of You Quotes On Your Attainments
131. “Graduation day is finally here, your dreams you did pursue. All your hard work has paid off, we are so very proud of you.” — Catherine Pulsifer
132. “Look at you, amazing. We are so proud of you. We wish you success in all you do. May happiness and sunshine fill your days. You’ve worked hard and deserve much praise!” — Catherine Pulsifer
133. “I’m kind of proud of myself. I’ve been able to keep a certain grace about me, even in times of disgrace and craziness.” — Pamela Anderson
134. “My idea of an interesting person is someone who is quite proud of their seemingly abnormal life and turns their disadvantage into a career.” — John Waters
135. “Be proud of who you are.” — Demi Lovato
136. “The most important thing is to be proud of the work that you put into something, and put the ego aside.” — Alicia Keys
137. “Congratulations! You made it! It’s time to celebrate all the hard work that led to this joyful occasion. The road to graduation is a long, steep climb, so take a moment at the summit to be proud of your accomplishments.” — Sheryl Sandberg
138. “There were days when I wondered if you would make it. But your determination and persistence paid off. You deserve a huge pat on the back. Well done and congratulations.” — Catherine Pulsifer
139. “We are so proud of you as you graduate. You faced challenges and obstacles but each time you overcame them. May God’s blessing be on your future plans.” — Catherine Pulsifer
140. “If a man has a right to be proud of anything it is of a good action done as it ought to be, without any base interest lurking at the bottom of it.” — Sterne
Proud of You Quotes for Efforts You Applied To Achieve Greatness
141. “A simple “I’m proud of you” does wonders. It’s something that we don’t get to hear a lot, and probably what we need the most.” ― Ziad K. Abdelnour
142. “People are only proud of your achievements and success not your struggles.” ― M.F. Moonzajer
143. “A scientist is proud of his intelligence, an artist is proud of his imagination.” ― Amit Kalantri
144. “You must be very proud; the whole city crowded with your lovers.” ― M.F. Moonzajer
145. “Truth to tell, I’m right proud of Glory. She’s standing up for what she believes is right. All of us should lead our children to do that, don’t you know?” ― Augusta Scattergood
146. “Take a second look, you might find that I am stronger. Take a second look, you might find that you are stronger. Imagination, inspiration. It’s only fair that I tell you, I plan on leaving here tonight with my pride. I’m proud to be I’m proud to be me.” ― Sara Quin
147. “I’m prouder of him than I’ve ever been of myself – I’m proud of him for standing up to me.” ― Marie Lu
148. “Don’t be overly proud of your accomplishments and success. Recovery is never complete. You ‘re engaged in a life-long process. Continue each day to love and serve God with humility.” ― Binye Vincent
149. “Someone who managed to navigate the tricky waters between living a life you could be proud of and still delighting in the many things there are to take pleasure in.” ― Calvin Trillin
150. “You need to be proud of the fact that you survived everything you went through as a child. Don’t seperate yourself from that life. Embrace it, because I’m so fucking proud of you.” ― Colleen Hoover
What are your favorite motivational quotes to say to someone you are proud of?
Being filled with pride is a great feeling.
These words of wisdom will resonate with you if you have ever been a proud parent, friend, or partner.
When someone has put in the hard work and reached their goals, everyone around them feels good.
These quotes about being proud are perfect to celebrate any occasion.
It’s hard to tell someone exactly how proud you are of their accomplishments.
Finding the right words may help you express your feelings.
These messages are amazing and make the perfect quotes to celebrate students graduating from school, honoring the work of a successful marriage, or earning that big promotion.
What are your favorite proud of you quotes and sayings for celebrating someone’s achievements and accomplishments?
Let us know in the comment section below.
June 12, 2021 at 7:39 PM
22. “There’s always a new thing happening to me that’s even more extraordinary, so pressure gets harder. But I like it when it’s hard. Anyone can do it when it’s easy. When it’s hard and you can do it well, you’re proud of yourself. There’s going to be more pressure as the years go by, that’s for sure. But I think I’m a hard worker and I’m ready for that. As long as I believe in what I’m doing, the pressure is okay with me.” – Celine Dion