If you’re a fan of action films, you’ll enjoy reading these Taken quotes.
Taken is a series of English-language French action films. Taken premiered in 2008, Taken 2 in 2012, and Taken 3 in 2014. All three films star Liam Neeson as Bryan Mills, a retired CIA operative.
The dialogue of all three films is primarily English, and these Taken quotes from the movies are also in English. They are predominantly from Bryan Mills, although there are some great conversations between him and the other characters.
In the first movie, Bryan Mills’ daughter Kim is kidnapped by a human trafficking ring. In the second film, the father of the man Mills killed in the first movie plans to take Mills and his family. Bryan is framed for the murder of his ex-wife in the last installment of the franchise.
The first film received mixed reviews from critics, but audiences loved it and it was a commercial success. The series grossed a combined $929,451,015 worldwide, despite receiving diminishing acclaim with each successive film.
Keep reading these best quotes from the Taken franchise, and learn more about the TV series.
Don’t forget to also check out these John Wick quotes from the non-stop action films.
Taken quotes from Bryan Mills
1. “The next part is very important. They’re going to take you.” ― Bryan Mills
2. “That’s like telling water not to be wet, sweetie.” ― Bryan Mills
3. “I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.” ― Bryan Mills
4. “You don’t remember me? We spoke on the phone two days ago. I told you I would find you.” ― Bryan Mills
5. “You either give me what I need or this switch will stay on until they turn the power off for lack of payment on the bill.” ― Bryan Mills
6. “It was all personal to me.” ― Bryan Mills
7. “I push one button and 38 agents are here before you have time to scratch your worthless balls.” ― Bryan Mills
8. “That is what happens when you sit behind a desk. You forget things, like the weight in the hand of a gun that’s loaded and one that’s not.” ― Bryan Mills
9. “You come to this country, take advantage of the system, and think because we are tolerant that we are weak and helpless. Your arrogance offends me. And for that the rate just went up 10%.” ― Bryan Mills
10. “Now’s not the time for dick measuring, Stuart!” ― Bryan Mills
11. “You know, we used to outsource this kind of thing. But what we found was the countries we outsourced to had unreliable power grids. Very Third World. You’d turn on a switch, power wouldn’t come on, and then tempers would get short.” ― Bryan Mills
Taken quotes from conversations with other characters
12. Bryan Mills: I have a daughter who wants to be a singer. I was wondering if you have any
tips for her.
Sheerah: Yeah, I do. Tell her, pick another career.”
13. Sam: Based on what they know about the way these groups operate, our analyst says you
have a ninety-six-hour window from the time she was grabbed.
Bryan Mills: To what?
Sam: To never finding her.”
14. Jean-Claude: Now that I sit behind a desk, the world looks different.
Bryan Mills: You mean it looks boring.
Jean-Claude: I mean different. Okay, a little boring. But is being retired anymore
15. Lenore: I don’t get you.
Bryan Mills: What?
Lenore: You sacrificed our marriage to the service of the country, you’ve made a mess of
your life in the service of your country, can’t you sacrifice a little one time for your
Bryan Mills: I would sacrifice anything for her.”
16. Bryan Mills: I don’t think a seventeen-year-old should be traveling alone.
Kim Mills: I’m not gonna be alone.
Bryan Mills: Two seventeen-year-olds.
Kim Mills: Amanda’s nineteen!
17. Bryan Mills: How about this? How about if I go along? You won’t even know I’m there. I’m
very good at being invisible.
Lenore: As you so amply demonstrated for the rest of her life.”
18. Kim Mills: Mom says your job made you paranoid.
Bryan Mills: My job made me aware.
19. Jean Claude: Just like the old days.
Bryan Mills: Would you have it any other way?
20. Jean Claude: Bryan, you cannot just run around, tearing down Paris.
Bryan Mills: Jean Claude, I will tear down the Eiffel Tower if I have to.
Taken 2 quotes
21. Bryan Mills: If I kill you, your other sons will come and seek revenge?
Murad: They will…
Bryan Mills: And I will kill them too.
22. Bryan Mills: Listen to me carefully, Kim. Your mother is going to be taken. And people are
gonna come for you too.
Kim Mills: What are you gonna do?
Bryan Mills: What I do best.
23. “Hey Dad, please don’t shoot this one―I love him!” ― Kim Mills
24. Bryan Mills: Can you shoot?
Kim Mills: No.
Bryan Mills: Then drive!
25. “This is not a game. I will finish this thing. You’ll just have to die.” ― Bryan Mills
26. “When a dog has a bone, the last thing you want to do is take it from him.” ― Bryan Mills
27. “I killed your son because he kidnapped my daughter!” ― Bryan Mills
28. “Come on Kim, pick up your goddamn phone!” ― Bryan Mills
29. Lenore: You’re not the only one with the moves around here.
Bryan Mills: Apparently so.
30. “Well, you succeeded.” ― Bryan Mills
Taken 3 quotes
31. Bryan Mills: “By now I’m sure you know who I am, what I’m capable of.”
Inspector Franck Dotzler: “I am beginning to. Let me ask you something, just so I’m clear.
CIA operative? Division six? Division seven? What?”
Bryan Mills: “All you have to know is I’m innocent. Give me two days, I can prove it. I can find out who did it.”
32. Inspector Dotzler: “You may very well be innocent, Mr. Mills, but that’s the court’s job to decide. My job is to bring you in and let the law take its course. That’s it.”
Bryan Mills: “Good luck”
33. “There are things I’ve done in my life but I was always ready to face the consequences, to protect my family.” ― Bryan Mills
34. Lenny Mills: “Hey”
Bryan Mills: “Lenny, good to see you”
Lenny Mills: “You too… Kim’s doing okay?”
Bryan Mills: “Yeah, it seems like the usual Kim”
35. Bryan Mills: “Lenny? Lenny?”
Police Officer: “Sir, back away now!”
Bryan Mills: “I didn’t do this.”
Police Officer: “Put your hands up now!”
36. “At 21, he joins the Army. At 23, he joins the Special Forces. He’s a trained sniper, an explosives expert. No service record, no discharge record, nothing. This guy right here, he knows how to disappear.” ― Inspector Franck Dotzler
37. Bryan Mills: “Listen carefully, Kim, something’s happened to your mom.”
Kim Mills: “Dad, what’s going on?”
Bryan Mills: “Don’t trust anyone.”
38. Bryan Mills: “My first priority is to protect the only one I have left.”
Inspector Dotzler: “If you go down this road, the LAPD, the FBI, the CIA, they’re all going to come for you. They’ll find you and they’ll stop you.”
39. Kim Mills: “What are you going to do?”
Bryan Mills: “I’m going to finish this.”
40. Officer Bernard: This is gonna end bad for you.
Bryan Mills: Don’t be such a pessimist.”
Which of these Taken quotes is your favorite?
Taken, a prequel television series, which is based on a similar storyline aired on NBC in February 2017. It stars Clive Standen as Bryan Mills. It sheds some light on the personal tragedies that Bryan overcame before becoming a CIA superspy.
The series was commissioned with a straight-to-series order in September 2015. The network renewed the series for a second season of 16 episodes on May 9, 2017.
The second season of the series premiered on January 12, 2018. The series was removed from NBC’s schedule on April 18, 2018. NBC then announced that it would return on May 26, 2018, but canceled the series on May 11, 2018.
The last episode aired on June 30. Just why was it canceled? There doesn’t seem to be a concrete answer, but speculation is that the show just couldn’t live up to the hype of the films.
Did you watch the TV show? Which of these Taken quotes and lines is your favorite? Let us know what you liked (or didn’t like) in the comment section below.
December 10, 2021 7:00 AM EST