These The Silence of the Lambs quotes will make you want to watch it all over again.
The Silence of the Lambs is a 1991 psychological thriller starring Anthony Hopkins and Jodie Foster.
Ever wondered whether The Silence of the Lambs is based on a true story?
How creepy would that be?
Thankfully, it is a work of fiction.
However, Hannibal Lector’s character is based on an actual person.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Alfredo Ballí Treviño, a Mexican doctor, served 20 years in prison for the murder in the Penal del Topo Chico in Monterrey, Mexico.
Thomas Harris, the author of The Silence of the Lambs, met him while he was serving his sentence.
Dr. Trevino spent the later years of his life treating poor people and trying to atone for his past deeds.
The film was released on Valentine’s Day in 1991 and grossed $272.7 million worldwide on a $19 million budget.
It was the fifth-highest-grossing movie of 1991. It is critically acclaimed and has won several awards.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
The Silence of the Lambs quotes from Hannibal to Clarice
1. “Clarice, your case file. Goodbye, Clarice.” — Hannibal Lecter
You will also enjoy our article on homer simpson quotes.
2. “Yes or no, Clarice? Poor little Catherine is waiting.” — Hannibal Lecter
You will also enjoy our article on wolf quotes sayings and proverbs.
3. “And what did you see, Clarice? What did you see?” — Hannibal Lecter
You will also enjoy our article on trust issues quotes.
4. “But we don’t reckon time the same way, do we, Clarice?” — Hannibal Lecter
You will also enjoy our article on famous movie quotes.
5. “Memory, Agent Starling, is what I have instead of a view.” — Hannibal Lecter
You will also enjoy our article on raven quotes to help you decide if they are a bad omen.
6. “I’ve no plans to call on you, Clarice. The world is more interesting with you in it.” — Hannibal Lecter
7. Hannibal Lecter: “Do you think that Jack Crawford wants you sexually? True, he is much older, but do you think he visualizes scenarios, exchanges, fucking you?”
Clarice Starling: “That doesn’t interest me Doctor and frankly, it’s, it’s the sort of thing that Miggs would say.”
8. “Brave Clarice. You will let me know when those lambs stop screaming, won’t you?” — Hannibal Lecter
9. “Don’t you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice? And don’t your eyes seek out the things you want?” — Hannibal Lecter
10. “No! He covets. That is his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? Make an effort to answer now.” — Hannibal Lecter
11. “Good nutrition’s given you some length of bone, but you’re not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you, Agent Starling?” — Hannibal Lecter
12. “First-principles, Clarice. Simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature? What does he do, this man you seek?” — Hannibal Lecter
13. “Terns? Mmh. If I help you, Clarice, it will be “turns” with us too. Quid pro quo. I tell you things, you tell me things. Not about this case, though. About yourself. Quid pro quo. Yes or no?” — Hannibal Lecter
14. “I’ve been in this room for eight years, now Clarice, and I know they’ll never let me out, not while I’m alive. What I want is a view where I can see a tree or even water. I want to be in a federal institution far away from Doctor Chiltern. I’ll help you catch him, Clarice.” — Hannibal Lecter
You will also enjoy our article on Krishna quotes.
The Silence of the Lambs quotes that will make you uncomfortable
15. “They don’t have a name for what he is.” — Clarice Starling
16. Hannibal Lecter: “Why do you think he removes their skins, Agent Starling?”
Hannibal Lecter: “Enthrall me with your acumen.”
17. “I do wish we could chat longer, but… I’m having an old friend for dinner. Bye.” — Hannibal Lecter
18. “Jack Crawford is helping your career, isn’t he? Apparently, he likes you and you like him too.” — Hannibal Lecter
19. “I see. I myself cannot. You use Evyan skin cream, and sometimes you wear L’Air du Temps, but not today.” — Hannibal Lecter
20. “A pretty young woman to turn him on. I don’t believe Lecter’s even seen a woman in eight years. And oh, are you ever his taste? So to speak.” — Dr. Frederick Chilton
21. “You know what you look like to me, with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube. A well-scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste.” — Hannibal Lecter
22. Jack Crawford: Starling, when I told that sheriff we shouldn’t talk in front of a woman, that really burned you, didn’t it? It was just smoke, Starling. I had to get rid of him.
Clarice Starling: It matters, Mr. Crawford. Cops look at you to see how to act. It matters.
The Silence of the Lambs quotes about Hannibal Lecter
23. “He won’t come after me. He won’t. I can’t explain it… He – he would consider that rude.” — Clarice Starling
24. “If Lecter thinks you’re his enemy, maybe we’d have better luck if I went in by myself.” — Clarice Starling
25. “But I thought the “yourself” reference was too hokey for Lecter, so I figured he’s from Baltimore, and I looked in the phone book, and there’s a “Your Self Storage” facility, right outside of downtown Baltimore, sir.” — Clarice Starling
Which of these The Silence of the Lambs quotes is your favorite?
Award-winning actress Jodie Foster was interested in playing FBI agent Clarice Starling after reading the novel.
However, director Jonathan Demme was on the fence about whether she was the best choice for the role.
He tried to tap Michelle Pfeiffer, Meg Ryan, and Laura Dern, who all turned it down.
Aren’t you glad?
I just can’t imagine Meg Ryan as Clarice Starling.
Honestly, this role was made for Jodie Foster.
Weirdly enough, Anthony Hopkins was also not the first choice for the role of Lecter.
Demme wanted Sean Connery to play the part, but he turned it down.
Then they offered the role to Hopkins, whose first reaction was that it was a children’s story.
After reading the first few pages, he reportedly called his agent and said, “This is the best part I’ve ever read.”
The pair worked well together, and the movie has become a classic.
CBS’ new show Clarice, starring Rebecca Breeds, picks up six months after the events in The Silence of the Lambs.
My husband is nervous to watch it because he thinks they are going to ruin a good thing, but I will give it a shot! How about you?
Will you be watching?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Don’t forget to also share with us any other favorite The Silence of the Lambs quotes and lines.