Family Reunion Quotes That Will Make You Want to Plan Your Family Reunion
March 8, 2023 5:04 AM EST
These family reunion quotes will remind you how much you miss your family!
Families come in all shapes and sizes and are not always defined by blood.
Some families live close together, and some are far apart, but we can all share our experiences at family reunions.
Family reunions provide you with a way to reconnect with family you haven’t seen in years, and it also allows you to introduce new family members, like your spouse or kids, to others.
Additionally, family reunions bring us back to reality, where we can see who and where we came from and know that we always have a “community” of people.
In the age of COVID-19 and technology, reconnecting with your family through a face-to-face gathering has never been more important.
Take a look at these family reunion quotes to get you excited about your next family reunion.
You will also enjoy our article on family quotes.
Best Family Reunion Quotes
Check out some of our favorite family reunion quotes!
1. “Family is family.” — Linda Linney
2. “The only thing sweeter than union is reunion.” — Kathleen McGowan
3. “Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life.” — Albert Einstein
4. “Some of us can live without a society but not without a family.” — Amit Kalantri
5. “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” — Mother Teresa
6. “Every parting gives a foretaste of death, every reunion a hint of the resurrection.” — Arthur Schopenhauer
7. “No matter how you feel about your extended family or family gatherings you will be attending.” — Jim Gaffigan
8. “If the family were a fruit, it would be an orange, a circle of sections, held together but separable – each segment distinct.” — Letty Cottin Pogrebin
9. “Generations pass like leaves fall from our family tree. Each season new life blossoms and grows benefiting from the strength and experience of those who went before.” — Heidi Swapp
10. “If you share a common ancestor with somebody, you’re related to them. It doesn’t mean that you’re going to invite them to the family reunion, but it means that you share DNA. I think it’s fascinating.” — Henry Louis Gates
Memorable Family Reunion Quotes
Here are some memorable family reunion quotes that you won’t soon forget.
11. “The Family that prays together stays together.” — Pope John Paul II
12. “You don’t choose your family – they are God’s gift to you.” — Desmond Tutu
13. “A family reunion is an effective form of birth control.” — Robert A. Heinlein
14. “To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.” — Barbara Bush
15. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” — George Burns
16. “Earthmen are not proud of their ancestors and never invite them round to dinner.” — Douglas Adams
17. “Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.” — Jane Howard
18. “It’s very strange that most people don’t care if their knowledge of their family history only goes back three generations.” — Douglas Coupland
19. “If minutes were kept of a family gathering, they would show that “Members not Present” and “Subjects Discussed” were one and the same.” — Robert Breault
20. “It is important for us also to cultivate in our own family a sense that we belong together eternally, that whatever changes outside our home, there are fundamental aspects of our relationship which will never change.” — Spencer W. Kimball
Family Reunion Quotes About the Family
Enjoy these quotes about the family at the family reunions.
21. “Win, lose or draw, you’re all my cousins, and I love you.” — Chill Wills
22. “The most important thing in the world is family and love.” — John Wooden
23. “The memories we make with our family is everything.” — Candace Cameron Bure.
24. “Our house was always full of grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins.” — Bryan Clay
25. “Grandchildren are the dots that connect the lines from generation to generation.” — Lois Wyse
26. “Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven’t thought of yet.” — Gene Perret
27. “A bond as important as that of a husband and wife is the bond between siblings.” — Lee Dong-Wook
28. “To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word ‘boo.’” — Robert Breault
29. “Parents, brothers and sisters, grandparents, aunts, and uncles are made more powerful guides and rescuers by the bonds of love that are the very nature of a family.” — Henry B. Eyring
30. “Cousins are people that are ready-made friends; you have laughs with them and remember good times from a young age, you have fights with them, but you always know you love each other; they are a better thing than brothers and sisters and friends cause there all pieced together as one.” — Courteney Cox
Family Reunion Quotes to Make You Laugh
If you don’t enjoy some laughs at your family reunion, then is it even a family reunion?
31. “Some family trees bear an enormous crop of nuts.” — Wayne Huizenga
32. “Nothing like watching your relatives fight, I always say.” — Rick Riordan
33. “Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something.” — Lemony Snicket
34. “I don’t have to look up my family tree because I know that I’m the sap.” — Fred Allen
35. “Cousins are the barometers of how fun a family get-together will be.” — Jim Gaffigan
36. “If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.” — George Bernard Shaw
37. “The only thing most of us love about most of our family members is that they are related to us.” — Mokokoma Mokhonoana
38. “When our relatives are at home, we have to think of all their good points or it would be impossible to endure them.” — George Bernard Shaw
39. “Pay attention to your friends; pay attention to that cousin that jumps up on the picnic table at the family reunion and goes a little too ‘nutty,’ you know what I mean?” — Jenifer Lewis
40. “If you ever start feeling like you have the goofiest, craziest, most dysfunctional family in the world, all you have to do is go to a state fair. Because five minutes at the fair, you’ll be going, ‘you know, we’re alright.” — Jeff Foxworthy
More Family Reunion Quotes and Sayings
Enjoy these quotes and sayings about family reunions.
41. “Being part of a family means smiling for photos.” — Harry Morgan
42. “Family is the most important thing in the world.” — Princess Diana
43. “Cousins are cool to see, impossible to forget, and true to your heart.” — Leo Farno
44. “Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.” — Anthony Brandt
45. “Legacy is not what I did for myself. It’s what I’m doing for the next generation.” — Vitor Belfort
46. “Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were.” — Marcel Proust
47. “What greater blessing to give thanks for at a family gathering than the family and the gathering.” — Robert Breault
48. “The family – that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to.” — Dodie Smith
49. “If I go to a reunion in east Texas, my mother’s side or my father’s, one out of ten is a preacher or a teacher. That’s just the way it is in my family.” — Forest Whitaker
50. “You can kiss your family and friends goodbye and put miles between you, but at the same time, you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach because you do not just live in a world, but a world lives in you.” — Frederick Buechner
What If No One in My Family Plans Family Reunions?
If no one in your family plans family reunions, you can be that person!
Family reunions don’t need to be extravagant or held at a special location; it is about getting together and creating lasting memories.
Whether you hold a family reunion at the local park or a destination, connecting with your family is the main goal.
Please share these family reunion quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about family reunions in the comment section below.