If you are a tomboy or know someone who is, these tomboy quotes will surely ring true.
In this article, we have created a list of the most popular tomboy quotes.
You may also enjoy these related articles:
Apart from these quotes, we have also discussed tomboys and their key characteristics.
Keep reading for the best tomboy quotes!
What does Tomboy Mean?
The term tomboy refers to a girl showing behavior or traits that are usually associated with boys.
For instance, these girls show interest in sports, play rough, and don’t mind getting dirty.
They also sometimes prefer male hairstyles and clothing.
Tomboy girls can exhibit tomboyishness in various ways but are mostly seen as not very “girly.”
Some Common Aspects of Tomboys
Some common traits of tomboys include:
- They often like to play or watch sports
- They are typically adventurous and outdoorsy
- They are often self-assured and independent
- They wear clothes usually associated with men
How to Deal with a Tomboy
When dealing with tomboys, you must treat them like any other individual.
They deserve understanding and respect, just like everyone else.
Listed below are a few of the ways to deal with a tomboy:
- Respect their individuality
- Avoid gender stereotype thinking
- Be supportive of their individual likes and dislikes
Respect their Individuality
Tomboys are expressive in their behavior.
Tomboys exhibit their behavior openly and authentically, which means they don’t hide their feelings or expressions.
So, we must treat them properly and respect their choices.
Avoid Gender Stereotype Thinking
Avoiding gender stereotype thinking is essential.
It allows us not to make any assumptions about the appearance and gender of anyone.
Even if someone else is passing derogatory remarks about a tomboy, make sure to record your disagreement.
This would help to challenge such stereotypes and help tomboys raise their voices.
When you come across a tomboy, make sure to be supportive and encouraging.
Let a tomboy around you understand that you respect her choices and are always there to support her.
For this purpose, you need to understand the actual perspective of a tomboy by listening to what she says.
Top 10 Tomboy Quotes
Here are the top 10 best tomboy quotes!
1. “I was a big tomboy.” — Selena Gomez
2. “I was actually a huge tomboy growing up.” — Julia Jones
3. “I’m very tomboy, and I’m inspired by hip hop artists.” — Bebe Rexha
4. “In my day-to-day life, I’m kind of a tomboy. I like being comfortable.” — Nina Dobrev
5. “I’m a bit of a tomboy, but then a girly girl. And I feel like you can be both.” — Doja Cat
6. “Growing up, I was sort of a tomboy. I was the one skating with the boys.” — Amy Smart
7. “I grew up with three older brothers, so I’m very much a tomboy in real life.” — Yvonne Orji
8. “At school, I was a tomboy, and it would be me and all my guy friends.” — Cara Delevingne
9. “I can be a tomboy or an absolute lady – I gave myself the title ‘The Best of Both Girls.’” — Da Brat
10. “I’ve always been a very outdoors sort of girl. I’m more a tomboy than a girly girl.” — Yvonne Strahovski
Childhood Tomboy Quotes
These childhood tomboy quotes prove that most girls are tomboys from a young age.
11. “I grew up kind of a tomboy, and I used to fight with all the neighborhood boys.” — Edie Falco
12. “I have an older brother and younger sister, and for the first few years, I was quite a tomboy.” — Katie Piper
13. “I was a tomboy right from the time I was a kid and loved to be like that.” — Natasha Henstridge
14. “I felt like an ugly duckling back in school. I was a complete tomboy with short hair.” — Pooja Hegde
15. “I had no interest in fashion when I was younger. I was such a tomboy.” — Cara Delevingne
16. “Honestly, I was such a tomboy as a kid. People were taking from their mothers’ closets – I was taking from my dad’s closet.” — Lauren Graham
17. “I was a tomboy, and I didn’t have a bunch of brothers, but I always wanted them, and so I sort of adopted a few of my great friends to be my brother.” — Olivia Wilde
18. “I have six brothers and one sister. I grew up playing ice hockey, a total tomboy, and that’s what I thought I was going to do – be an ice-hockey player.” — Nicola Peltz
19. “I’ve always been like that. I was a tomboy when I was a kid, so I was always playing baseball and basketball and football and stuff as a kid with the boys.” — Catherine Bell
20. “I was a complete tomboy. I loved wandering out in storms or walking on the beaches in the dark. It was a very free upbringing, and I’m grateful to my parents for that.” — Amanda Burton
Amusing Tomboy Quotes
These amusing tomboy quotes are sure to make you smile!
21. “I like to look like a tomboy during the day and then a pin-up girl at night.” — Josephine de La Baume
22. “I’ve always been a tomboy. I’ve always liked to wear red, black, and white, and mostly pants.” — Janet Jackson
23. That’s how I cope with the business – I get the sanity on my woodland dog walks, being a tomboy.” — Alesha Dixon
24. “I like to play around with style. Some days, I want to be a tomboy, and others, I want to be a bit more feminine.” — Ashley Roberts
25. “I was an extreme tomboy. I did competitive gymnastics for over 10 years. I cut my hair like Winona Ryder, with that little pixie cut.” — Serinda Swan
26. “I am really terrible when it comes to guys. Inside, I just see myself as this overweight tomboy with funny-coloured hair and bad skin.” — Katie McGrath
27. “While I was growing up, all the boys used to be my buddies. I never got that special kind of attention from them, and I was the tomboy around.” — Esha Gupta
28. “I’m more of a tomboy than anything, and then you see your name on these Top 50 Most Beautiful People lists, and you’re like, ‘What?’” — Lisa Marie Presley
29. “Having a Mary Poppins-themed birthday party when I was 5 – all my friends went in dresses, and I went as a chimney sweep. I was a real tomboy.” — Poppy Delevingne
30. “I was kind of a cross between Kristy and Mary Anne among ‘The Baby-Sitters Club’ characters. I was shy, but I was also kind of a tomboy, and I was really good at sticking my foot in my mouth even though I was shy.” — Raina Telgemeier
Tomboy Quotes for All the Tomboys at Heart
The following tomboy quotes are for people who are tomboys at heart.
31. “At heart I am a tomboy.” — La La Anthony
32. “I had always been a tomboy – I still am, at heart.” — Maureen O’Hara
33. “I like very minimal stuff. I’m a tomboy at heart – and in the body!” — Rosa Salazar
34. “Even though my heart belongs to the arts, I’m a tomboy at heart, too.” — Zendaya
35. “I’m a tomboy at heart, and I’ve got the battle wounds to prove it!” — Cassie Scerbo
36. “I do feel like I’m a tomboy at heart, so I have an easy time working with guys.” — Amy Smart
37. “I’m a tomboy at heart. I always like to say that I’m an ordinary girl doing extraordinary things.” — Ciara
38. “I’m a total tomboy at heart. If I don’t have to be on stage or doing anything that day, I’m always in band t-shirt and yoga pants and sneakers.” — Nita Strauss
39. “I’m still a tomboy at heart. In high school, I was the girl in the baggy jeans and Timberlands, but I was also at the hairdresser’s every week.” — Eve
40. “I think I’m a girl’s girl in the sense that I support women a lot, and I’m definitely all for girl power, but I think I’m quite a tomboy at heart – even though I love my fashion and dressing up, I think my essence is very boyish.” — Charli XCX
Tomboy Quotes About Being a Tomboy at Work
These tomboy quotes are about the author’s careers.
41. “I played a tomboy character in ‘Dohchay.’” — Kriti Sanon
42. “I usually do get the tomboy parts in the movies, which is kind of like me, but not totally.” — Mary-Kate Olsen
43. “I was a tomboy growing up. Even after I started modeling at thirteen, I didn’t learn how to do my makeup.” — Isabeli Fontana
44. “On my first album, I was wearing a lot of guys’ pants, baggy clothes, and stuff like that. I was 17, and I was a little tomboy.” — Avril Lavigne
45. “Noel Black, who directed ‘Pretty Poison,’ got me to play a film-making student in ‘Cover Me Babe.’ At least it wasn’t another tomboy.” — Sondra Locke
48. “‘Gaana Bajana’ gave me an opportunity to experiment with my looks. I played a tomboy in that film, a role that I hadn’t essayed before.” — Radhika Pandit
46. “People find it hard to understand how I can risk ruining my career as a musician by injuring myself on the slopes, but I’ve always been a tomboy.” — Vanessa Mae
47. “It’s been difficult to find roles that are independent, strong, and self-assured; I always say I can’t play the princess. I’m not a pretty princess! I’m a tomboy.” — Leven Rambin
49. “In real life, I’m kind of a tomboy. I like to read a lot. I like watching T.V. I don’t think I’m as interesting as my characters, but I like doing what I do.” — Sprague Grayden
50. “At the beginning of my career, I was going through a really weird phase of dressing in boys’ clothes. I would only wear one American Apparel T-shirt and shorts and brogues the whole year round. Not the same T-shirt, obviously, but one style of American Apparel T-shirt. I think I was going through a tomboy stage.” — Florence Welch
Which One of these Tomboy Quotes is your Favorite?
We carefully selected the tomboy quotes above to offer you the best possible experience.
We have divided these quotes into sections to help you find tomboy quotes worth sharing.
These tomboy quotes are inspirational, so don’t hesitate to share them with your friends.
If you have found your favorite tomboy quote, don’t forget to share it with us.
We would love to hear from you!