Fall even deeper in love with one of America’s sweethearts with these candid Zendaya quotes!
Known the world over, Zendaya is a multi-talented American actress, singer, and fashion model.
Her career started with Disney Channel’s Shake It Up, and she has since become a prominent figure in both the entertainment industry and the fashion world.
She’s become well-known for her striking beauty and impeccable style.
A versatile actress, Zendaya has portrayed a wide variety of characters with incredible depth and humanity.
Some of her most well-known performances include her portrayals of:
- MJ in the Spiderman franchise
- Anne Wheeler in The Greatest Showman
- Rue Bennett in the television series Euphoria
No stranger to a camera, Zendaya is also a fashion model and brand representative for high-end brands like Valentino and Louis Vuitton.
A passionate activist, Zendaya regularly lends her voice to causes for at-risk youth, encouraging people to get out and vote, animal rights, and health and human rights.
Her versatility, charisma, and dedication to social issues make Zendaya an inspirational and influential figure in modern pop culture.
Enjoy these Zendaya quotes from one of America’s favorite stars!
Zendaya Quotes About Acting and Performing
Read on for quotes from Zendaya about acting, performing, and forging her own career.
1. “Doing and making positive programming for young people is so important to me, and I will keep doing it.” — Zendaya
2, “I definitely enjoy working with people who can do their thing but also allow me to do my thing, you know? Who respect the process.” — Zendaya
3. “As an artist, you have to work really, really hard because you gotta make something that will allow people to even take the chance to even listen to it, you know?” — Zendaya
4. “I’ve had a lot of voices tell me what I should be making. I would much rather live and die by my own hand. If my stuff sucks, then at least I made it suck. I didn’t allow some person, some old dude in a suit, to make it suck for me.” — Zendaya
5. “When I first started out in the industry, I was 12 or whatever, and I wanted to be on something so bad, and I didn’t know what I was going to be on. At the time, I was in school, and I was working on drama and theatrical stuff, so I never thought that I’d end up going to comedy.” — Zendaya
Zendaya Quotes About Activism
These quotes highlight Zendaya’s importance in using her voice and working to effect change.
6. “I use my platform as a tool and a way to speak about greater change.” — Zendaya
7. “I realized that if I don’t like something, I can change it. If I don’t feel comfortable with something, then I have a voice to say it’s not cool.” — Zendaya
8. “When you’re put in a position to really affect young people who are going to run the world one day if you’re able to be in their life at a young age and make a positive impact, I think that’s a beautiful thing.” — Zendaya
9. “It’s important to raise your voice in things you feel passionate about and things that you know about. Don’t raise your voice just to raise your voice if you have nothing behind it and don’t know what you’re talking about.” — Zendaya
10. “My generation, we really have to step up to the plate and vote. Tweeting is great – people say, ‘Oh, I don’t want this or that’ – but at the end of the day, tweeting isn’t a ballot. Just saying that you don’t like someone on Twitter is not going to turn a state blue or red. You have to vote.” — Zendaya
Her Quotes About Style and Fashion
A model and beauty spokesperson, Zendaya has a lot to say about fashion and style.
11. “There is no such thing as ugly.” — Zendaya
12. “Fashion is a great thing; it’s a way to express who you are.” — Zendaya
13. “One of my dreams is to walk down the runway during Fashion Week!” — Zendaya
14. “There’s no such thing as trends. There’s no such thing as style, even. It’s just whatever you feel.” — Zendaya
15. “I love playing with makeup. Makeup has become a thing where it’s an art form. It’s not a thing where you use it because you need to feel beautiful or because you don’t like the way you look.” — Zendaya
Zendaya Quotes About Identity
These quotes illustrate how Zendaya sees herself.
16. “I’m a Virgo, and I know what I like.” — Zendaya
17. “Sticking with your vision and what you believe in is so, so important.” — Zendaya
18. “I was taught as a young child by my parents and family to love myself.” — Zendaya
19. “I’ve always been honest with my fans, and I want to keep that up because I feel they can see through the fakeness.” — Zendaya
20. “I’ve never had a body issue; I’ve never had a self-confidence issue, and there’s been very few times in my life where I’ve felt down about the way I look or the way I feel.” — Zendaya
Zendaya’s Hair is Everything
Read on for quotes about another of Zendaya’s passions: hair!
21. “I secretly want to shave my head.” — Zendaya
22. “Beautiful updos with natural hair are great!” — Zendaya
23. “I love all types of braids. Single, multiple, box braids – I try them all.” — Zendaya
24. “A lot of people don’t realize that hair is a big thing for a lot of people, not just African-American women. It’s something to be aware of and to be cautious of.” — Zendaya
25. “A good hair day is when my curls are popping. Sometimes, my curls and waves they like to go a little wild sometimes. They have a mind of their own. But some days, they just fall right into place.” — Zendaya
Staying True to Herself
Zendaya is a shining star who radiates talent, beauty, authenticity, and so much more.
From her early days on the Disney Channel to her groundbreaking performance in Euphoria, Zendaya has consistently shown us the boundless depth of her acting prowess.
Her impeccable sense of style has earned her a well-deserved place in the fashion hall of fame, and her unwavering dedication to social causes sets a remarkable example for her fans and peers.
Zendaya’s journey is far from over, and we can’t wait to see what dazzling heights she’ll reach next.
Tell us your favorite Zendaya quote in the comment section!
We would love to hear from you.