Venom is one of the most terrifying Marvel villains in the marvel universe, because of his need to feed on human brains.
Hence the Venom quotes about food and which humans Eddie gives Venom permission to eat…
Creepy, I know, but in addition to the violence found in this 2018 film, there are some superb elements of drama and comedy.
That humor really comes through in the Venom quotes between Eddie Brock and Venom.
Eddie Brock, (Edward Thomas Hardy), is a journalist who finds himself having superpowers after becoming the host of an alien symbiote, Venom.
Venom and Eddie have a rocky relationship in the beginning, but the alien agrees to spare him if Eddie will help him out.
At one point, Eddie’s ex-fiance Anne notes that the symbiote is causing his internal organs to deteriorate, but Venom swears it is reversible.
Eddie comes to enjoy the superhuman side effects, and the pair continue to try to evade bad guy Carlton Drake.
The Venom quotes from Carlton Drake reveal who the real villain in this film is.
Some of the Venom quotes from other characters bring home the drama, while Mrs. Chen will make you laugh.
The film received negative reviews from critics, but it was a box office success.
Keep reading to learn more about the film, and the sequel (there are a few Venom 2 quotes in here as well!).
Don’t forget to also check out these Jessica Jones quotes for the Marvel superfan in you.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Venom quotes between Eddie and Venom about food and who he can eat
1. “Eyes. Lungs. Pancreas. So Many Snacks, So Little Time.” ― Venom
You will also enjoy our article on Spiderman quotes.
2. “This Is Dead. Dead!” [Eating cooked meat] ― Venom
You will also enjoy our article on Jessica Rabbit quotes.
3. “You come in here again… In fact, you go anywhere in this city, preying on innocent people, and we will find you and we will eat both of your arms and then both of your legs. And then we will eat your face right off your head. Do you understand?” ― Venom
4. “No! You Do Not Touch Him. He Is My Friend.” ― Eddie Brock
5. Eddie Brock: I have absolutely no problem with you sticking around, but if you do, we’re gonna have some ground rules, all right? You cannot just go around eating anybody that you want to.
Venom: I cannot?
6. “No, you cannot. All right, we need to… We need to reiterate this. There are good people in this world, a lot of them. And there are bad people. You have to tell the difference. The deal is, you will only ever be allowed to touch, harm, hurt, possibly, very possibly, eat very, very bad people, but never, never, ever good people. All right?” ― Eddie Brock
7. Eddie Brock: You bit somebody’s head off.
Venom: Fuel in the tank.
8. Eddie Brock: So, what culinary delights will tickle the pickle tonight?
Venom: Tater tots and chocolate.
Eddie Brock: Right. Okay, no problem.”
9. Venom: How does one tell the difference?
Eddie Brock: Well, it’s super simple. I mean, you just have to… You can intuit it, you can sense it. Sometimes you can even feel it.”
10. Eddie Brock: Are you gonna eat anybody else?
Venom: Most likely.
Venom quotes from Carlton Drake and other characters
11. “Giant leaps will always come at a cost.” ― Carlton Drake
12. “Look around at the world. What do you see? A planet on the brink of collapse. Human beings are disposable. But man and symbiote combined, this is a new race, a new species… a higher lifeform.” ― Carlton Drake
13. “Have a nice life.” ― Carlton Drake
14. “God has abandoned us. He didn’t keep his end of the bargain.” ― Carlton Drake
15. “They try and silence those of us who ask questions. But you know what? In the end, we’re the ones who change the world.” ― Carlton Drake
16. “Don’t give up on her, either of you.” ― Stan Lee (man at the end of the film)
17. “Mind is body, Eddie. Have you been meditating like I showed you?” ― Mrs. Chen
18. “It doesn’t work, because you don’t give it a chance.” ― Mrs. Chen
19. “How are you, Eddie?” ― Mrs. Chen
20. “When I get out of here, and I will—there’s gonna be carnage.” ― Cletus Kasady
Some funny Venom quotes between Eddie and Venom
21. “Yes. So, you will be this armless, legless, faceless thing, won’t you, going down the street like a turd in the wind? Do you feel me?” ― Venom
22. Venom: Hmm. It is peaceful up here.
Eddie Brock: I’m not very good with heights.
Venom: Your world is not so ugly after all. I’m almost sorry to see it end.
23. Venom: Parasite?
Eddie Brock: Yeah. It’s a term of endearment, that’s all.
24. Eddie Brock: No.
Eddie Brock: All right, fine. I’m sorry. So, what do you want to do now?
25. “I’m so sorry about your friends.” [After he and Venom win in a fight] ― Eddie Brock
Which of these Venom quotes is your favorite?
Despite the dark tones and themes of this movie, it really does illustrate quite a few life lessons.
The film explores the concepts of friendship and love, while also proving that heroes often come from unlikely places.
If you are looking for a movie filled with heroic deeds, then this is one you will want to see.
One of the critiques of the movie was that the link to the Spiderman films wasn’t as strong as it could have been, but that didn’t stop fans from wanting to see it.
In fact, because it did so well at the box office, Venom: Let There be Carnage came out in 2021.
Tom Hardy and Michelle Williams reprised their roles from the first movie, and critics found the second Venom installment to be better than the first.
Have you seen the sequel yet?
What other quotes from the first film were some of your favorites?
Let us know your thoughts on Venom in the comment section below.