These inspirational waterfall quotes will help remind you why it is important to keep going!
If you have ever stood near a waterfall, and looked at the water rushing over while listening to the thunderous noise it makes as it falls, you know just how moving they can be!
What exactly is a waterfall, though, and why does it make a good comparison for life? Well. a waterfall is an area where water flows over a vertical drop or a series of steep drops in the course of a stream or river.
Waterfalls are beautiful to look at, and are powerful forces to behold, which is why there are so many waterfall quotes appropriate for Instagram posts about lots of things in life. Life is like the river or stream, and those series of drops can be the challenges we face.
However, those challenges do not stop the river from flowing, they just help create a mesmerizing and beautiful sight to see. Difficulties in our life can give us the same opportunity to just keep flowing regardless of what we might have to go through along the journey. We can learn lots of lessons from the waterfall, so keep reading!
Don’t forget to also check out these water quotes honoring the flow of life.
Inspirational waterfall quotes and sayings
1. “The idea is that flowing water never goes stale, so just keep on flowing.” ― Bruce Lee
2. “Many a calm river begins as a turbulent waterfall, yet none hurtles and foams all the way to the sea.” ― Mikhail Lermontov
3. “Just let go—and fall like a little waterfall.” ― Bob Ross
4. “There’s hope at the bottom of the biggest waterfall.” ― Patrick Ness
5. “Grace is finding a waterfall when you were only looking for a stream.” ― Vanessa Hunt
6. “Run wild and free like a waterfall.” ― Anamika Mishra
7. “Do not feel sad for your tears, as rocks never regret the waterfalls.” ― Munia Khan
8. “A waterfall is concerned only with being itself, not with doing something it considers waterfall-like.” ― Vernon Howard
9. “The waterfall winks at every passerby.” ― Marty Rubin
10. “Be careful crossing the waterfall, it’s a fatal spot.” ― Karl Meltzer
11. “Lessons from a waterfall—Keep moving, and you will eventually get over it.” ― Unknown
Waterfall quotes for Instagram captions
12. “Go with the flow.” ― Unknown
13. “Chasing waterfalls.” ― Unknown
14. “Happiness comes in rushes.” ― Unknown
15. “I am like a waterfall—wild and free.” ― Unknown
16. “Like a river life doesn’t flow backward.” ― Unknown
17. “Always on the move.” ― Unknown
18. “Life is better with waterfalls.” ― Unknown
19. “I would caption this with a waterfall pun but that’s too mainstream.” ― Unknown
20. “Tripping on skies, sipping on waterfalls.” ― Unknown
21. “The waterfall is nature’s laughter.” ― Unknown
22. “Dreams are made of trails and waterfalls.” ― Unknown
Waterfall quotes and captions about love
23. “Your love is like a waterfall, running wild and free.” ― Chris Tomlin
24. “All anyone can hope is just a tiny bit of love, like a drop in a cup if you can get it, or a waterfall, a flood, if you can get that too.” ― Edwidge Danticat
25. “Love is like a waterfall, it happens naturally.” ― Unknown
26. “The fall of your hair is rushing through my head like elegant waterfalls repeatedly dancing down into an open riverbed.” ― Curtis Tyrone Jones
27. “I love you like a river that understands that it must learn to flow differently over waterfalls and to rest in the shallows.” ― Paulo Coelho
28. “My heart falls for you, like waterfalls in nature.” ― Unknown
29. “When the moonlight and the waterfall come together, all other things fade from the scene!” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
30. “Love is like a waterfall, it pours out of your forever.” ― Unknown
31. “She dares me to pour myself out like a living waterfall. She dares me to enter the soul that is more than my own; she extinguishes fear in mere seconds. She lets light come through.” ― Virginia Woolf
32. “I shift an infinitesimal movement towards him. It is like the leap from a waterfall. I do not know, until then, what I am going to do.” ― Madeline Miller
Waterfall quotes from Pinterest
33. “Look with open eyes and you will see the beauty of the waterfall.” ― Roland R. Kemler
34. “There is a hidden message in every waterfall. It says, if you are flexible, falling will not hurt you!” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
35. “There is a waterfall in every dream. Cool and crystal clear, it falls gently on the sleeper, cleansing the mind and soothing the soul.” ― Virginia Alison
36. “Look with open eyes, and you will see the beauty of the waterfall.” ― Anthony Hincks
37. “Water is the most perfect traveler because when it travels it becomes the path itself!” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
38. “Life is like a waterfall. It is always moving and there is always an uneven flow to it.” ― Unknown
39. “The waterfall falls but shamelessly and joyfully.” ― Unknown
40. “A very wise quote is a spectacular waterfall! When you see it, you feel its power!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
Waterfall quotes about the sounds of waterfalls
41. “I love the sounds and the power of pounding water, whether it is the waves or a waterfall.” ― Mike May
42. “Waterfalls are exciting because they have power, they have rainbows, they have songs, and they have boldness and craziness!” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
43. “They say that people who live next to waterfalls don’t hear the water.” ― Jonathan Safran Foe
44. “Waterfalls wouldn’t sound so melodious if there were no rocks in their way.” ― Rishabh Gautam
45. “A waterfall cannot be silent, just as wisdom. When they speak, the voice of power speaks.” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
46. “They both listened silently to the water, which to them was not just water, but the voice of life, the voice of Being, the voice of perpetual Becoming.” ― Hermann Hesse
47. “Young leaves, the sound of a waterfall, heard from far and near.” ― Yosa Buson
48. “As long as I live, I’ll hear waterfalls and birds and winds sing. I’ll interpret the rocks, learn the language of flood, storm, and the avalanche. I’ll acquaint myself with the glaciers and wild gardens, and get as near the heart of the world as I can.” ― John Muir
49. “You cannot hear the waterfall if you stand next to it. I paint my jungles in the desert.” ― Unknown
50. “As the music played over the speakers and the waterfall in the pool filled the silence around us, I knew that without a doubt I had just been ruined.” ― Abbi Glines
What did you learn from these Waterfall quotes?
Climbing a waterfall can be a risky, but rewarding experience. Jones Bob wrote about the six lessons he learned from climbing a waterfall in Jamaica. It taught him about trusting others around you, that obstacles are for overcoming, and that some people see obstacles while others see opportunity.
Trust the guide, getting wet didn’t mean you failed, and be prepared for detours. Each of these things was an integral part of his climb, but you can see how these are also invaluable life lessons we could all remember.
There will be times in life when you have to trust that the person next to you, holding your hand, will not let you slip. Life wouldn’t be life without a few obstacles; don’t let them be the reason you quit. Where one person sees a problem to solve, someone else might just see the answer to a different problem!
Our mentors and the people who come before us have a wealth of knowledge to teach us, and trusting them can make all the difference. Failures, or getting wet in the case of climbing a waterfall, are inevitable on the path to success. Embrace them!
Last but not least, life is not a straight line. It may take you a while to reach your goals, but the journey will be worth it.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Waterfall quotes and sayings? Have you climbed a waterfall before? Let us know about your experience in the comment section below!
June 16, 2021 7:00 AM EST