Wes Anderson quotes are quite popular among folks.
This is why we have created a list of the best quotes from the filmmaker.
These quotes are inspirational, which makes them a suitable choice for sharing via social media platforms.
In addition to our quotes section, we have also talked about Wes Anderson, his life, and various aspects associated with filmography.
If interested, please continue reading!
A Brief Intro to Wes Anderson
Wes Anderson is a renowned filmmaker famous for his unique storytelling and distinctive visual style.
Within a few years of his career as a filmmaker, Anderson turned out to be a prominent name in American independent cinema.
His films have been critically acclaimed, which helped him to gain a dedicated following.
Early Life and Career
Born in 1969 in Houston, Anderson started his early education at the University of Texas.
It was the time when he met Owen Wilson, who later on became his collaborator.
After graduation, both Anderson and Owen Wilson moved to California.
Initially, they started by making short films.
This led them to seek the attention of director James L. Brooks.
James helped them secure the funding for Bottle Rocket (1996), their first feature film.
Themes and Motifs
The films produced by Anderson help viewers to explore a variety of themes and motifs, such as:
- Meaning in life
- The distinction between conformity and individuality
- Vintage technology
- Eccentric fashion
Popular Films by Wes Anderson
Anderson successfully produced a wide range of popular movies, including:
- Rushmore (1998)
- The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
- Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
- The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)
Anderson’s Filmography and its Impact on American Cinema
When it comes to the impact of Anderson’s films on American independent cinema, there are various aspects to discuss.
His unique storytelling approach and distinctive style have influenced a generation of filmmakers.
This is why Anderson gained a huge devoted following.
Most of his fans love talking about his films as they find resonance in their characters and themes.
His ability to depict real-life characters and themes is, among various other reasons, why he is so famous.
Films made by Anderson are full of visual aesthetics and are highly stylized.
The introduction of deadpan humor and distinctive characters are some of the key features of Anderson’s movies.
You will also enjoy our article on Tim Burton quotes.
Top 5 Wes Anderson Quotes
These are the top Wes Anderson quotes from our entire compilation.
1. “I’d never heard anything about this at all.” — Wes Anderson
2. “One of the things I enjoyed the most is just working as an actor.” — Wes Anderson
3. “I wouldn’t say that I’m particularly bothered or obsessed with detail.” — Wes Anderson
4. “Any romantic feelings for a 12-year-old are like entering into a fantasy world.” — Wes Anderson
5. “And Hackman had really choked up when he was telling it. It was very moving.” — Wes Anderson
Wes Anderson Quotes About His Choices
Below are Wes Anderson quotes related to his choices and valuable tips.
6. “I’ve never had a movie that got great reviews. I’ve had movies that got different levels of good and bad reviews, but you can more or less count on plenty of bad reviews.” — Wes Anderson
7. “There’s no story if there isn’t some conflict. The memorable things are usually not how pulled together everybody is. I think everybody feels lonely and trapped sometimes. I would think it’s more or less the norm.” — Wes Anderson
8. “That’s the kind of movie that I like to make, where there is an invented reality, and the audience is going to go someplace where hopefully they’ve never been before. The details, that’s what the world is made of.” — Wes Anderson
9. “I have always wanted to work in the theater. I’ve always felt the glamour of being backstage and that excitement, but I’ve never actually done it – not since I was in 5th grade, really. But I’ve had many plays in my films. I feel like maybe the theater is a part of my movie work.” — Wes Anderson
10. “I have a way of filming things and staging them and designing sets. There were times when I thought I should change my approach, but in fact, this is what I like to do. It’s sort of like my handwriting as a movie director. And somewhere along the way, I think I’ve made the decision: I’m going to write in my own handwriting.” — Wes Anderson
Wes Anderson Quotes About His Opinions
Get an inside look into the mind of Wes Anderson with these fascinating quotes that reveal his personal opinions on art, storytelling, and the creative process.
11. “Sometimes when you’re editing a movie, you have the thing that you don’t expect – which is you make it longer and longer as you go along.” — Wes Anderson
12. “I think when you have a giant crush when you’re in fifth grade, it becomes your whole world. It’s like being underwater; everything is different.” — Wes Anderson
13. “I usually set aside a lot of time in advance of a movie with important roles for kids to search, but when you have great ones, they can be a real ace in the hole.” — Wes Anderson
14. “Paris is a place where, for me, just walking down a street that I’ve never been down before is like going to a movie or something. Just wandering the city is entertainment.” — Wes Anderson
15. “I will say that Edward Norton, who plays the scout master, would be a first-rate Eagle Scout. He’s got all those techniques. If your plane crashes into the jungle somewhere, he would be the guy you would want to have with you.” — Wes Anderson
Wes Anderson Quotes About Moviemaking
Explore the world of cinema through the eyes of Wes Anderson with these interesting quotes that showcase his creative vision and passion for storytelling.
16. “Anytime I make a movie, I really have absolutely no idea how it’s going to go over. I’ve had the whole range of different kinds of reactions.” — Wes Anderson
17. “My experience with casting children is that… the whole movie is going to rest on their shoulders, so you have to set aside time and wait for the perfect people to appear.” — Wes Anderson
18. “I don’t know what is in store for the movie business any better than anybody else does, but it does seem like my kind of movies are a little trickier than it used to be – or maybe a lot trickier.” — Wes Anderson
19. “On Fantastic Mr. Fox, I got used to working with animated storyboards as a way of planning for the shoot. We did a lot of sequences that way with this movie. Partly as a result of that, I decided to build more sets in order to do certain shots.” — Wes Anderson
20. “Usually when I’m making a movie, what I have in mind first, for the visuals, is how we can stage the scenes to bring them more to life in the most interesting way, and then how we can make a world for the story that the audience hasn’t quite been in before.” — Wes Anderson
Some More Wes Anderson Quotes
Here are some more Wes Anderson quotes that will inspire you to do something creative and out of the box.
21. “I love working with actors. That’s what the set really is, for me. It’s my time with the actors.” — Wes Anderson
22. “Kids are always open to anything. It’s very rare that a kid isn’t extremely eager to make you happy.” — Wes Anderson
23. “When I see the first dailies on any movie, I usually feel that I had no idea how this combination of ingredients was going to mix together, what it was going to produce.” — Wes Anderson
24. “I guess when I think about it, one of the things I like to dramatize, and what is sometimes funny, is someone coming unglued. I don’t consider myself someone who is making the argument that I support these choices. I just think it can be funny.” — Wes Anderson
25. “Every time you do a take on a movie, you’re not sure if it’s going to succeed. Even if you have a great cast, like we had, in every scene, you’re kind of waiting for the release. ‘Oh, yes; it happened. We got it!’ There’s always the possibility that it’s just not going to work.” — Wes Anderson
Which of these Wes Anderson Quotes is your Favorite?
Our collection of Wes Anderson quotes allows you to find your favorite quote.
Most of these quotes are impressive and motivational.
Hence, you would love to share these quotes with your friends and family.
In addition to these quotes, we have also tried to offer you the most essential information about Wes Anderson.
This should allow you to understand better the Wes Anderson quotes listed above.
If you have found a quote that inspires you the most, do share it with us.
For this purpose, you can make good use of our comments section.