Read these blissful quotes if you want inspiration to live a happier life!
According to Merriam-webster.com, blissful means “full of, marked by, or causing complete happiness.”
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Living a blissful life is healthy and fulfilling.
Here are some things you can do to ensure you live a blissful life:
- Look on the bright side – It can be challenging to adopt this skill, but it can change your life and lead to more happiness and contentment.
- Embrace change – Change is inevitable, so learn to go with it and embrace it!
- Finish what you started – Starting is easier than finishing, but finishing gives you satisfaction and fulfillment and often leads to other opportunities.
- Looking to others or other things for happiness – You need to learn to love and appreciate yourself. You are unique and worthy, so embrace being you.
Take a look at these blissful quotes to learn more about being blissful.
Top Blissful Quotes
Here are some popular blissful quotes.
1. “I don’t look for bliss, just contentment.” — Alison Krauss
2. “It is the nature of babies to be in bliss.” — Deepak Chopra
3. “I would like my kids to follow their bliss.” — Dennis Quaid
4. “To be happy, one must find one’s bliss.” — Gloria Vanderbilt
5. “Materialism is the only form of distraction from true bliss.” — Douglas Horton
Related: Short Inspirational Quotes
6. “You don’t know what to get into when you follow your bliss.” — James Hillman
7. “It’s such bliss to be able to find time to do things that you love.” — Ishita Dutta
8. “Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.” — Emily Dickinson
9. “Never forget the importance of living with unbridled exhilaration.” — Robin Sharma
10. “Writing and drawing comics for the sheer joy of it—that’s true bliss.” — George Perez
Blissful Quotes Exploring if Ignorance Really is Bliss
You’ve probably heard that “ignorance is bliss.” Here are some different opinions on the idea
11. “Ignorance is bliss as a writer, I think.” — John Prine
12. “Ignorance is not bliss—it is oblivion.” — Philip Wylie
13. “If not bliss, ignorance can at least be fun.” — Carter Burwell
14. “Ignorance is bliss. I wish I still had some.” — Adam Pascal
15. “Where ignorance is bliss, ’Tis folly to be wise.” — Thomas Gray
16. “Where ignorance is bliss, it’s foolish to borrow your neighbor’s newspaper.” — Kin Hubbard
17. “I think ignorance is not bliss at all. It just makes me want to punch somebody.” — Adore Delano
18. “Ignorance is kind of bliss.” — Jackie DeShannon
19. “Ignorance is at best merely a drop of bliss, whereas spiritual knowledge is at all times an ocean of bliss.” — Mokokoma Mokhonoana
20. “Ignorance is the failure to discriminate between the permanent and the impermanent, the pure and the impure, bliss and suffering, the self and the non-self.” — Patanjali
Blissful Quotes From Various Perspectives
The following quotes give you a glimpse of what different people think they need for a life of bliss.
21. “Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss.” — Alexandre Dumas
22. “I just sort of follow my bliss, so to speak, and then I see where it takes me.” — Zooey Deschanel
23. “If I could learn to treat triumph and disaster the same, then I would find bliss.” — Kathie Lee Gifford
24. “Being at home with kids and husband and putting twinkly lights up: bliss.” — Fearne Cotton
25. “The weak have remedies, the wise have joys; superior wisdom is superior bliss.” — Edward Young
26. “What I wanted to do was the comedy, and I found that. I found my bliss; I think.” — Riaad Moosa
27. “The people who follow their bliss in this world tend to be the more happier people.” — Art Alexakis
28. “I don’t know if bliss is possible, and I’ve always thought that my best times will be later in life.” — Alison Krauss
29. “Follow your bliss, and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.” — Joseph Campbell
30. “Nothing is more important than reconnecting with your bliss. Nothing is as rich. Nothing is more real.” — Deepak Chopra
Quotes and Sayings About Bliss
Here are some additional thoughts about pursuing bliss and what it means.
31. “Out of the bliss comes magic, wonderment, and creativity.” — Michael Jackson
32. “God is peace, bliss, beauty, and truth. Focus your energy on that, life will be like that.” — Amit Ray
33. “When you are aligned with the truth of who you truly are, then you experience bliss.” — Vivian Amis
34. “I can’t say that every day is wonderful bliss and enjoyment.” — Albert II, Prince of Monaco
35. “What greater bliss than to look back on days spent in usefulness, in doing good to those around us.” — Dorothea Dix
36. “From tiny, tiny waves of joy, one gets to the ocean of happiness, which is called bliss.” — Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
37. “Do you think that you shall enter the Garden of Bliss without such trials as came to those who passed before you?” — Scott Reed
38. “Occasionally, I just need to escape from my work or be reminded of the comparative bliss of my own life, so I pick up a novel.” — David Macaulay
39. “You can wine and dine all around the globe, but the joy of coming back home to a meal cooked by your mom is pure bliss.” — Varun Sharma
40. “Success is realizing the true joy and wonder of life can only be yours if you follow your own intuition, aiming to achieve your bliss.” — Steven Redhead
More Blissful Quotes
A few more quotes about bliss to round out the collection.
41. “I have a beautiful family, and I wake up to bliss every day.” — Vivek Oberoi
42. “You get everything you could have ever wished for if you’re willing to give that eternal bliss away to somebody else, to give it back.” — Michael Franti
43. “As you live your values, your sense of identity, integrity, control, and inner-directedness will infuse you with both exhilaration and peace.” — Stephen Covey
44. “The scenic ideals that surround even our national parks are carriers of a nostalgia for heavenly bliss and eternal calmness.” — Robert Smithson
45. “Bliss is the ocean, a towel on the sand, the sun out, the chance to swim in waves or walk dragging a stick behind you, a good book, a cold drink.” — Deb Caletti
46. “Wake up all the desire and pleasure that your body is capable of experiencing, let your past go, and follow your bliss just for the health of it.” — Dr. Christiane Northrup
47. “Life is about opportunities, creating them and embracing them, and for me, that was the Olympic dream. That’s what defined me—that was my bliss.” — Janine Shepherd
48. “The pain and suffering of others is yours also, on some level, whether you choose to pay attention or not. The reason we can’t achieve total bliss is because you’re not here solo.” — Tara Stiles
49. “The idea of singing and dancing throughout my life and finding that bliss is something I wanted to express and explore within myself and hopefully spread that idea to other people.” — Brie Larson
50. “Perfect happiness is a beautiful sunset, the giggle of a grandchild, the first snowfall. It’s the little things that make happy moments, not the grand events. Joy comes in sips, not gulps.” — Sharon Draper
What Are the Benefits of Living a Blissful Life?
Besides enjoying each day more, there are many other benefits to living a blissful life:
- Happy people live longer
- Happy people are more successful
- Happy people have better relationships
- Happy people accomplish more things that are important to them
Please share these blissful quotes with your friends and family, and share your favorite quotes about living a blissful life in the comment section below.