If you have ever excluded a family member or been excluded by your family, these when family excludes you quotes will give you an outside perspective.
Being excluded from something by anyone is a painful experience, but that pain is more profound when the exclusion comes from your family.
According to PsychCentral, being excluded by your family “is a special kind of heartache” as it attacks the biological form of who you are.
If you have experienced this from your family, you need to know that you are a worthwhile person.
It’s important to create healthy self-worth.
Sometimes you may know the reason why you’ve been excluded, but if not, it can help if you’re willing to ask why to discover the reason.
Take a look at some of these when family excludes you quotes to see how others feel when excluded from their families.
You will also enjoy our article on family quotes.
Hurting When Family Excludes You Quotes
Check out these quotes that show the pain of being excluded by your family.
1. “Family is supposed to be our safe haven. Very often, it’s the place we find the deepest heartache.” — Iyanla Vansant
2. “Broken relationships are a source of heavy heartbreak that seem to affect every family.” ― Jerry B. Jenkins
3. “The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone.” — Robin Williams
4. “They say family’s first, but family is the first to get you hurt.” — Chrisper Malamsha
5. “Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.” — Bob Marley
6. “Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.” — George R.R. Martin
7. “Let it hurt until it can’t hurt anymore.” — Liam Ryan
8. “A family ship will never sink until it is abandoned by its crew.” — Wes Fesler
9. “The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.” — Eckhart Tolle
10. “Peace, comfort, quiet, happiness, I have found away from home. Only your own family, those nearest and dearest, can hurt you.” — Mary Boykin Chesnut
The Top When Family Excludes You Quotes
Here are some of the top quotes about being excluded from your family.
11. “If it’s hurting you more than it’s healing you, love yourself enough to let it go.” — Sherrie Campbell
12. “Love them from a distance. Pray for them, wish them well, but don’t allow them to abuse you.” — Kimber Waul
13. “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” — Mahatma Gandhi
14. “It’s okay to cut ties with toxic friends and family. You’ve got to prioritize your own well-being.” — Brenden Dilley
15. “Do not be waylaid by a toxic family Whatsapp group. You fought hard to emerge as your own person in real life.” — Itayi Garande
16. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” — Richard Bach
17. “My family doesn’t do happy endings. We do sad endings or frustrating endings or no endings at all.” — Hope Solo
18. “Humans can be so ugly sometimes that the ones you love the most would only love to see you fall. It’s a cruel world.” — Sidney Albury
19. “Sometimes problems don’t require a solution to solve them; instead they require maturity to outgrow them.” ― Steve Maraboli
20. “Family or not I will cut you off. That saying “but that’s family” means nothing if a family is toxic and means you no good.” — Morgan Sharee
Encouraging When Family Excludes You Quotes
Here are some encouraging quotes for you if you are suffering from being excluded by your family.
21. “Sometimes the best families are the ones God builds using unexpected pieces of our hearts.” ― Melanie Shankle
23. “Family is where you’re meant to be most free, don’t let blood chain you down.” — Michelle Meleen
24. “I thought not fitting in was something I had to fix. Now I see it as my superpower.” — Maxime Lagacé
25. “When you don’t come from a healthy family, you do your best to ensure a healthy one comes from you.” — Steve Maraboli
26. “If people don’t like you or think you’re strange, then that’s their problem.” — Nicholas Sparks
27. “People who come from dysfunctional families are not destined for a dysfunctional life.” — Bo Bennett
28. “You don’t let go of a bad relationship because you stop caring about them. You let go because you start caring about yourself.” — Charles Orlando
29. “Refuse to inherit dysfunction. Learn new ways of living instead of repeating what you lived through.” — Thema Davis
30. “If the family you chose before your birth no longer supports your path towards fulfilling your true destiny, it is never too late to find a new tribe.” — Anthon St. Maarten
When Family Excludes You Quotes for the Black Sheep
Check out these quotes about being sad when you are left out.
31. “Fitting in allows you to blend in with everyone else, but being different allows you to be yourself, to be unique, and to be more creative.” — Sonya Parker
32. “I’ve always been a black sheep. That’s a hard thing to be until you find your calling in life.” — Natalie Dormer
33. “A family without a black sheep is not a typical family.” — Heinrich Böll
34. “Somehow, I think it was declared very early on that I was the black sheep of the family, not a very good student.” — Dustin Hoffman
35. “I dug the idea that I was being perceived as the black sheep of my family. It was like, I was a rebel, and that to me was most important.” — Larry Bishop
36. “Everything in the universe has a purpose. There are no misfits, no freaks, no accidents.” — Marlo Morgan
37. “What sets you apart can sometimes feel like a burden, and it’s not. And a lot of the time, it’s what makes you great.” — Emma Stone
38. “When people contribute through their Black Sheep Values, their unique purpose is amplified.” ― Brant Menswar
39. “I was always the black sheep of the family and was always told I was dumb, and I had a low I.Q., and did bad in school.” — Francis Ford Coppola
40. “I think being different, going against the grain of society, is the greatest thing in the world.” — Elijah Wood
The Reality of When Family Excludes You Quotes
Here are some quotes about being excluded from the family.
41. “A child should never feel as if they need to earn a mother’s love.” — Sherrie Campbell
42. “You can miss a person every day and still be glad that they are no longer in your life.” — Tara Westover
43. “Blood doesn’t make you family. Some of the most demonic and demeaning people in your life share your DNA.” — Temi Ade
44. “In the minds of my parents, they are the victims; I am the abuser.” ― Christina Enevoldsen
45. “Sometimes the people closest to you betray you, and your home isn’t a place you can be happy anymore. It’s hard, but it’s true.” — P.C. Cast
46. “People talk about dysfunctional families; I’ve never seen any other kind.” ― Sue Grafton
47. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” — Deborah Reber
48. “A dysfunctional family is any family with more than one person in it.” ― Mary Karr
49. “The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.” — Max Lerner
50. “When you inherit a broken family, you can’t throw it away and get a new one. What you can do is find people and situations that provide for you what your family cannot.” ― Iyanla Yanzat
How to Deal With Being Excluded By Your Family
According to BetterHelp, you should recognize your feelings and talk to your family if your family excludes you.
Too often, we try to ignore pain because doing something about it may be scary or awkward, but it is necessary for healing.
You might also feel moved by these paying the victim quotes.
Please share these when your family excludes you quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about being excluded in the comment section below.