50 Demon Quotes To Conquer The Dark
September 2, 2022 9:01 AM EST
If you are looking to conquer some demons, then these demon quotes will give you the courage to face whatever inner roadblock, monster, or beast that may hold you back.
Let us know about your own demons in the comment section below.
American actor Mark Pellegrino who played Lucifer in the television show Supernatural eloquently observed that “Everyone has monsters and demons within themselves. They’re metaphors for the human condition.”
We all have inner demons that can manifest to become outer demons.
However, it is up to us to deal with that energy accordingly.
Actor Steve Kazee realized that we all have demons, but some people’s demons differ from others, noting, “I think we all have demons, but my demons aren’t that bad. They’re productive demons. They keep me focused on the man I want to be and the life I want to live.”
Some people have demons that hold them back, while others have demons who push them forward.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Short inner demon quotes
These short demon quotes about the inner demons we face, might help you find the words to share a status on social media.
1. “My demons are not that easy to shake.” — Jessie Reyez
2. “Schizophrenia demons live in my head.” — Wesley Willis
3. “You simply have to accept that your demons are a part of you.” — Aurora
4. “You struggle with your demons and you conquer them.” — Kinky Friedman
5. “Man’s enemies are not demons, but human beings like himself.” — Lao Tzu
6. “We must all face our demons sooner or later.” ― Matt Abrams, She’s Toxic
7. “I knuckle down with my demons, and with my weaknesses.” — Carlos Santana
8. “My demons and I are not compatible. We never have been and never will be.” — GG Allin
9. “If you don’t deal with your demons, they will deal with you, and it’s gonna hurt.” — Nikki Sixx
10. “Inner demons feed on mind games. Trust me, keeping them satisfied with my own twisted way of thinking.” ― Efrat Cybulkiewicz
You will also enjoy our article on devil quotes.
Battling your inner demon quotes
Slaying your inner demons is difficult—but you can be victorious!
11. “In a memoir, feelings are more important than facts, and to write honestly, I have to confront my demons.” — Isabel Allende
12. “People can change, learn, and grow, and it’s better to face your demons instead of perpetually running away from them.” — Jessica Rothe
13. “Human beings, we have dark sides; we have dark issues in our lives. To progress anywhere in life, you have to face your demons.” — John Noble
14. “We try so hard to block out negative or dark thoughts, but sometimes embracing your demons is the most vitalizing thing you can do.” — Oliver Sykes
15. “It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.” — Buddha
16. “I think we all have demons, but my demons aren’t that bad. They’re productive demons. They keep me focused on the man I want to be and the life I want to live.” — Steve Kazee
17. “Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing.” — August Wilson
18. “Being mentally tough is having to battle those demons and push yourself out of your comfort zone and force yourself to be the person that your mind is telling you you aren’t.” — Michael Chiesa
19. “We’re products of this world we were born into. We all battle our own demons. Everyone is troubled in the dark, but, please just stop & think about the babies. They’re gonna be here long after we leave.” — Brent Faiyaz
20. “The demons are innumerable, appear at the most inconvenient times, and create panic and terror. But I have learnt that if I can master the negative forces and harness them to my chariot, then they can work to my advantage.” — Ingmar Bergman
You will also enjoy our article on Lucifer quotes.
Demon quotes about what they are and whether they are real
Do demons really exist? People define demons differently, and these demon quotes will help you better form an opinion.
21. “My food demons are Chinese food, sugar, butter.” — Kirstie Alley
22. “I believe in possibility, but I’m not sure I believe in demons.” — Jennifer Carpenter
23. “There aren’t demons flying around with horns, people are demons.” — Chuck Schuldiner
24. “A demon obsessed with being human is a demon no longer” ― John Connolly, The Infernals
25. “Everything is possible, from angels to demons to economists and politicians.” — Paulo Coelho
26. “Demons, chaos, dragons—all of them are different incarnations and representations of our idea of death in ‘Dark Souls.’” — Hidetaka Miyazaki
27. “Angels, demons, spirits, wizards, gods and witches have peppered folk religions since mankind first started telling stories.” — Robin Marantz Henig
28. “It turns out that the left temporal lobe, if there’s a lesion there, will create hyper-religiosity. People become super-religious. They see demons and spirits everywhere. We think Joan of Arc may have had it.” — Michio Kaku
29. “I never thought of it as God. I didn’t know what to call it. I don’t believe in devils, but demons I do because everyone at one time or another has some kind of a demon, even if you call it by another name, that drives them.” — Gene Wilder
30. “The Devil’s minions worked his treacherous plot through the hearts of men, possessing them, ruling them. These hounds of hell ran wild these days through their human hosts, working greater and greater abominations.” ― Eric J. Martindale
You will also enjoy our article on dark quotes.
Things to keep in mind about inner demons
A little inspiration to keep in mind when your inner demons are pushing against the door.
31. “Every war has its demons.” — Richard Engel
32. “It’s important to face down your demons.” — Stephan Jenkins
33. “Everybody has their demons; everyone has their challenges.” — Isaac Hanson
34. “You don’t know the demons people deal with, and you just have no idea.” — Steve Young
35. “We all carry extreme heartache and demons. Instead of pretending like we don’t, I like to be honest and real.” — Ashlyn Harris
36. “Our souls may be consumed by shadows, but that doesn’t mean we have to behave as monsters.” ― Emm Cole, The Short Life of Sparrows
37. “You’re always searching for the thing to heal you, and I thought therapy would give me that. But it didn’t – it just helps you recognize your demons.” — Rick Springfield
38. “And for any victim of a violent crime, when you actually get to go in and realize and see their faces and know that they can’t hurt you any more, there is no feeling like that. It finally frees you from a lot of demons.” — Patty Hearst
39. “You cannot defeat darkness by running from it, nor can you conquer your inner demons by hiding them from the world. In order to defeat the darkness, you must bring it into the light.” ― Seth Adam Smith, Rip Van Winkle and the Pumpkin Lantern
40. “Don’t let your inner demons take the best of your creeds. If God gives you lemons, you must plant the seeds.” ― Ana Claudia Antunes, A-Z of Happiness: Tips for Living and Breaking Through the Chain that Separates You from Getting That Dream Job
Inner demons quotes about creativity
Creativity—a tool used against our inner demons or a byproduct of having demons to begin with?
41. “We know that creative people have all sorts of demons.” — Suzy Menkes
42. “Creativity is what helps me escape a lot of my inner demons.” — Demi Lovato
43. “I just block out the demons. I sing. I block them away. I put my pain into my music.” — Dolores O’Riordan
44. “Aging is not uncomplicated. Creativity is an extraordinary help against destructive demons.” — Ingmar Bergman
45. “I write to understand my circumstances, to sort out the confusion of reality, to exorcize my demons. But most of all, I write because I love it!” — Isabel Allende
46. “Each has its lesson; for our dreams in sooth, come they in shape of demons, gods, or elves, are allegories with deep hearts of truth that tell us solemn secrets of ourselves.” — Henry Timro
47. “I sometimes think it’s like a weird elastic band. The more tragic your work is, the quicker you snap back. There’s a catharsis in telling a miserable old tale; you get rid of demons.” — Anne-Marie Duff
48. “There are parts of me that I keep secret even from myself. I have demons and I’d love to be able to healthily look at the demons and still be a wonderful actor and not feel I need them to create.” — John Glover
49. “I feel like the job of an artist is to confront their own darkness and their own demons and fears. And I want to make movies that feel human up on the screen. I don’t really relate to dudes wearing spandex and capes.” — Derek Cianfrance
50. “Writing and singing does give me some kind of release from the demons of my past, it is a therapy of sorts, but to be honest, my marriage played a more important role in the acceptance of myself than performance has ever done.” — Michelle Shocked
What should you do with your inner demons?
Often it is easy to believe we have conquered aspects of ourselves that we see as a demon or a hindrance.
However, it is often difficult to assess our growth until we experience difficulty.
Demons, like anything else in life, can be manipulated and worked on with discipline and self-esteem.
Part of our growth and journey is to conquer these aspects of ourselves and turn that energy into something productive for us.
The demons do not go away until we face them.
It does not mean it is easy, but it means it is doable.
All of us have the potential to work through difficulties and master the self.
Share some tips that have worked for you in the comment section below!
March 10, 2023 at 4:00 PM
The demons I deal with each day, are able to make the Angels sing when they want them to! That’s my little quote. my advice that has worked for me is only you can control the demons and you only! I put leashes on my demons. Which in return helps me be in control. At any given time. My demons showed up when I was 14 and there were times that I thought they had left. I am an old man now and I can say they never really leave. They are always there. The leash method has work well for me for more than 50 years I can only hope that just one person understands this message and comment and maybe it will help them. Remember, every day above ground is a beautiful day! Jimi mc
Danielle Dahl, Managing Editor
March 13, 2023 at 1:01 PM
Thanks for sharing that quote with us! We are glad you found a method that works and appreciate you leaving your thoughts. Every day above ground is a beautiful day, indeed!