We have got you covered if you need action quotes for a heavy dose of inspiration.
This article offers you a generous amount of action quotes.
Most of these action quotes are small, which makes them the ideal choice for sharing via Instagram.
Apart from our quotes section, we have also discussed the importance of taking action and ways to achieve your goals.
You may enjoy reading these related articles:
So, without any further ado, let’s start!
Why Taking Action is So Important
It is imperative to take action, as it is impossible to achieve one’s dreams and goals without making the right move.
So, if you are all set to turn your dreams into reality, you must take action at the required time.
This separates successful people from those who continue to struggle throughout their lives without reaching their goals.
How You Can Achieve Goals Through Your Actions
Below are the major steps that can help you achieve your goals:
- Identification of the goal
- Make a plan
- Don’t lose your focus
- Be courageous to overcome obstacles
Identification of the Goal
Identifying your goal is the first and foremost step when you are going to take action.
Your goal is what you want to achieve.
Hence, you should be sure about what you want.
To serve as a reminder, write down your goal on a piece of paper and paste it in a conspicuous place in your home or office.
As a result, you can stay focused and motivated by regularly looking at the goal.
Make a Plan
After identifying the goal, the next step is to create a plan.
To achieve your goal, you need to take actions that will bring you close to your goal with each passing step.
So, break down your plan into different milestones.
Having a superb plan could help you stay organized and analyze your progress.
Don’t Lose your Focus
Maintaining your focus is the key to achieving your goal.
Make sure to keep yourself away from distractions.
If you start feeling stressed out, it’s time to take a short break.
Be Courageous to Overcome Obstacles
While striving to reach your goal, you may come across different obstacles.
Don’t be afraid of such challenges, as they are part of your struggle for success.
On the contrary, it is essential to anticipate upcoming challenges and create a plan to overcome them.
Top 10 Action Quotes
Check out our selection of the top 10 action quotes right here!
1. “Justice is the truth in action.” — Joseph Joubert
2. “Speech is the mirror of action.” — Solon
3. “All men of action are dreamers.” — James Huneker
4. “Effective action is always unjust.” — Maya Angelou
5. “The test of any man lies in action.” — Pindar
6. “Direct threats require decisive action.” — Dick Cheney
7. “A man is not good or bad for one action.” — Thomas Fuller
8. “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. “We are men of action; lies do not become us.” — William Goldman
10. “Forgiveness is the key to action and freedom.” — Hannah Arendt
Action Quotes Defining Action
See the following quotes from various authors to get a feel for their viewpoints on taking action.
11. “Action is character.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
12. “Action expresses priorities.” — Mahatma Gandhi
13. “Action is the antidote to despair.” — Joan Baez
14. “Action makes more fortune than caution.” — Charlotte Whitton
15. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” — Pablo Picasso
16. “Action indeed is the sole medium of expression for ethics.” — Jane Addams
17. “Action is a universal language, so everyone understands a punch and a kick.” — Tiger Shroff
18. “Action is coarsened thought; thought becomes concrete, obscure, and unconscious.” — Henri Frederic Amiel
19. “Action is at bottom a swinging and flailing of the arms to regain one’s balance and keep afloat.” — Eric Hoffer
20. “Action is the highest perfection and drawing forth of the utmost power, vigor, and activity of man’s nature.” — Robert South
Thought-Provoking Action Quotes
Get inspired to take action with these thought-provoking action quotes, which will help you overcome procrastination and achieve your goals.
21. “Never mistake motion for action.” — Ernest Hemingway
22. “Awareness without action is worthless.” — Phil McGraw
23. “Responsibility is always about a concrete action.” — Frank-Walter Steinmeier
24. “In action be primitive; in foresight, a strategist.” — Ed Koch
25. “The undertaking of a new action brings new strength.” — Richard L. Evans
26. “Reformation ends not in contemplation, but in action.” — George Gillespie
27. “The great aim of education is not knowledge but action.” — Herbert Spencer
28. “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.” — Tony Robbins
29. “Hibernation is a covert preparation for a more overt action.” — Ralph Ellison
30. “To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person.” — Bruce Lee
Action Quotes on Inaction
These quotes will motivate you to take action by comparing the consequences of doing nothing with those of doing something.
31. “Action cures fear, inaction creates terror.” — Douglas Horton
32. “Inaction may be the biggest form of action.” — Jerry Brown
33. “I never worry about action, but only inaction.” — Winston Churchill
34. “Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction.” — Will Rogers
35. “Use the losses and failures of the past as a reason for action, not inaction.” — Charles J. Givens
36. “Whatever the dangers of the action we take, the dangers of inaction are far, far greater.” — Tony Blair
37. “There are risks and costs to action. But they are far less than the long-range risks of comfortable inaction.” — John F. Kennedy
38. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” — Dale Carnegie
39. “The real danger is not inaction. The real danger is when politicians and CEOs are making it look like action is happening when in fact, nothing is being done.” — Greta Thunburg
40. “Getting out to protest, this is something real and, I would say, something patriotic. Part of the new authoritarianism is to get people to prefer fiction and inaction to reality and action.” — Timothy D. Snyder
Action Quotes on Fear
Read these inspiring quotes on overcoming fear to understand how it can motivate you to achieve great things.
41. “Action conquers fear.” — Peter Nivio Zarlenga
42. “Action can cure fear and hesitation and doubt.” — Lewis Howes
43. “Fear is a good thing. Fear is going to lead you to take action.” — Steve Bannon
44. “One had to take some action against fear when once it laid hold of one.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
45. “Necessity of action takes away the fear of the act and makes bold resolution the favorite of fortune.” — Francis Quarles
46. “To overcome a fear, here’s all you have to do: realize the fear is there, and do the action you fear anyway.” — Peter McWilliams
47. “To withdraw is not to run away, and to stay is no wise action, when there’s more reason to fear than to hope.” — Miguel de Cervantes
48. “Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” — Gillian Anderson
49. “He is the best man who, when making his plans, fears and reflects on everything that can happen to him, but in the moment of action is bold.” — Herodotus
50. “If you frequently procrastinate, choose to take action now. If you have always waited for others to lead, use your own initiative.” — Paul J. Meyer
Which One of these Action Quotes is your Favorite?
When it comes to taking action, this particular step could serve as a turning point in your journey toward success.
To help you seek inspiration and motivation, we have provided a list of the best action quotes.
These quotes are worthy of sharing with your friends and family.
We hope you like our compilation.
If so, do share your thoughts in the comments section.
Besides you can also share your favorite action quote.
We are looking forward to your reply.