As the title suggests, this article is all about cocky quotes.
These quotes serve as a clear sign of how a cocky person behaves and what are the noticeable traits of such a person.
Besides our cocky quotes section, we also discuss what makes someone cocky.
Here, you can also learn about the difference between being confident and cocky.
So, let’s dive in!
Who is a Cocky Person?
A person is referred to as a cocky person if he/she is sure and confident about his/her abilities.
This sometimes leads to arrogant behavior that usually annoys other people.
Is there any Difference between being Cocky and Confident?
A cocky person is confident, yet confidence doesn’t relate to true self-assurance.
Arrogance is associated with a person’s self-esteem that comes from sources like consistent praise or financial privilege.
However, if you remove the external support, the sense of self-worth and cockiness shatters and fades away.
The true version of self-confidence comes from inner satisfaction and a sense of achievement.
Confident people are realistic, and they know their abilities or traits.
Rather than being arrogant, they trust themselves and respond authentically.
Unlike cocky people, confident people don’t get depressed about their failures.
Confident people learn from their mistakes and follow a wiser approach.
They aren’t afraid of other people’s success but try to find the reasons for such success.
These people continue to contribute to the betterment of the world around them.
Cocky people believe they are on the top and no one is even close to them.
This behavior of a cocky person leads to an unbearable callousness, as they want to defend their point of view.
Signs of a Cocky Behavior
Most of the people around us don’t like people with cocky personalities.
Irrespective of whether you have achieved a significant milestone, keep your ego at its minimum.
If you wonder what the signs of cocky behavior are, here are a few of them:
- Cocky people think they are better than others.
- Their attitude towards others exhibits clear signs of arrogance.
- They pass condescending and snippy comments about others.
- People with cocky behavior won’t accept their mistakes.
- There is a lack of eye contact, as a cocky person always keeps his/her eyes on your shoulder.
- They link everything to their success when talking about achievements in life.
Top 10 Cocky Quotes
Let’s check out the top cocky quotes to read and share.
1. “I don’t want to seem cocky like I can’t lose.” ― Corey Anderson
2. “I’m not cocky. I’m not arrogant. I know my value.” ― Joanna Jedrzejczyk
3. “It’s wonderful to win, but don’t get cocky about it!” ― Richard Dawson
4. “Be cocky. Walk into the Georgia Dome like you own it.” ― Mary Lou Retton
5. “I’ve never been a cocky individual, but I am very confident.” ― Ludacris
6. “I don’t want to sound too cocky. But I consider myself superwoman.” ― Ciara
7. “I don’t want to sound cocky or anything, but I work hard. I work 24/7.” ― Corrine Brown
8. “I guess I have a little bit of an ego. I’m confidently cocky; you might say.” ― Conor McGregor
9. “It’s an amazing thing to say, ‘I’m beautiful,’ without feeling like you’re cocky.” ― Christina Aguilera
10. “A lot of people think I’m cocky or arrogant, but I’m really just chill and cool and humble.” ― Moneybagg Yo
Cocky Quotes with Advice
The following cocky quotes will give you some great advice that can help you in your life.
11. “It’s very dangerous to wave to people you don’t know because what if they don’t have hands? They’ll think you’re cocky.” ― Mitch Hedberg
12. “I wouldn’t change anything about myself. Not because I’m being cocky or anything, but because this is who I am, and I’m proud of who I am.” ― Jazz Jennings
13. “She really taught me a lot about how to believe in myself without being cocky. That’s a tough thing to do sometimes. But my mom had it down pat.” ― Mike D’Antoni
14. “Success hasn’t changed me at all. I’m still the same cocky, arrogant guy I’ve always been. The only difference now is that I’m busy all the time.” ― Billy Squier
15. “Discussion in class, which means letting twenty young blockheads and two cocky neurotics discuss something that neither their teacher nor they know.” ― Vladimir Nabokov
Cocky quotes to consider
16. “I believe I deserve everything that could maybe happen. And I don’t think that’s a cocky thing to say because I’ve worked really hard, and I’ve never bitten the hand that fed me, and I’ve always been really respectful.” ― Charli XCX
17. “If you have the right voice and the right delivery, you’re cocky enough, and you pound down on the punch line, you can say anything and make people laugh maybe three times before they realize you’re not telling jokes.” ― Buddy Hackett
18. “To have faith is to believe in truth, believe that truth confers special power on those lucky enough to get a little insight, and to know in our hearts that all these things come from God, which is why we should never get too cocky about our successes.” ― Tony Snow
19. “When you Google me, you’ll find a lot of people don’t like Richard Dreyfuss. Because I’m cocky, and I present a cocky attitude. But no one has ever disagreed with the notion I represent that we need more civic education. So far, there’s 100 percent support for that.” ― Richard Dreyfuss
20. “I have the Midas touch, in the way that when I hook up with a project, I feel, not speaking cocky or conceited, but there’s a confidence I have. I learned that from Muhammad Ali; I used to bodyguard him. He taught me about confidence. So when it comes to any job I work, I’m gonna do it good; I’m going to bring it over the top.” ― Mr. T
Cocky Quotes Related to Personal Conduct
Below cocky quotes from notable people.
21. “Education: the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty.” ― Mark Twain
22. “Always thinking that you’re not very good is far better than being cocky.” ― Josh Widdicombe
23. “The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.” ― Bertrand Russell
24. “You can be cocky and confident, but when you start developing feelings for someone, suddenly your self-esteem drops a bit.” ― Russell Tovey
25. “I’m not too secure about my looks. They can always change. I was heavy and overweight as a teenager, so it’s hard to be cocky or egotistical.” ― Lorenzo Lamas
26. “I’m not cocky at all. You ask anybody, I’m one of the nicest guys. I try to be as humble as I can, but if you work hard, sometimes you know that you earned more respect.” ― Shabazz Muhammad
27. “There’s nothing wrong with giving yourself a pat on the back. If you can’t do that, you can’t be objective about your work. You can’t be conceited or cocky either, but you can’t be too modest either.” ― Jack Reynor
28. “I have two brothers, and we used to always laugh at oblivious people. People who are so cocky and full of themselves that they just don’t realize how stupid they are.” ― Rob Huebel
29. “Class is an aura of confidence that is being sure without being cocky. The class has nothing to do with money. Class never runs scared. It is self-discipline and self-knowledge.” ― Unknown
30. “I think a lot of people mistake my confidence on stage for cockiness in real life, and that’s actually farthest from the truth. When I’m on stage, I’m that confident and that cocky because I have a microphone in my hand, and there’s a few thousand people staring at me.” ― Russell Peters
Some Bold Cocky Quotes
These are some bold and cocky quotes that you would like to read
31. “I’m not as cocky as I used to be.” ― Rick Famuyiwa
32. “I’m kind of arrogant and cocky when I play… It’s kind of weird. It’s like I have split personalities.” ― Lou Williams
33. “I can express my will on the court. I’m kind of, how you say… a little bit cocky and try to fight some guys.” ― Goran Dragic
34. “I had a great job, living a great lifestyle… and just started doing the wrong things, getting a little bit cocky.” ― Tim Donaghy
35. “And honestly, I’m not being cocky, I’m not talking trash, but anybody who beat me would have to get lucky. Nobody is just going to out-technique me.” ― Derek Brunson
36. “There’s nothing I hate more than an over-cocky person. I have friends that’ll be all cocky and then go out and get their butt whooped. They’re the worst.” ― Hailie Deegan
37. “I know this sounds arrogant or cocky or like I’m selling myself, but even on the court now, I don’t think anybody can stop me. I just have that much confidence.” ― Gerald Green
38. “IMaybe it sounds cocky, but if I don’t feel I have an impact or a big impact, I wouldn’t be able to be excited about my work every day.” ― Patrick Mouratoglou
39. “Cause it’s jail, everyone thinks they’re bad. So this one guy was like, What’re you gonna do, Lean and Bop for us? I was cocky, I was like Oh yeah? It costs five racks to see me lean and bop, It costs five racks to see me lean and bop.” ― J Hus
40. “I feel like I can get any shot I want. That’s not to sound cocky or conceited. It’s because I’ve played basketball basically every day of my life. So at some point, I’ve taken just about every shot there is. I’ve figured out the angles, almost like a pool shark.” ― Jamal Crawford
Some More Cocky Quotes
Some more cocky quotes with mixed themes.
41. “A lot of fighters are cocky.” ― Quinton Jackson
42. “I hope I don’t come off as being cocky.” ― BeBe Zahara Benet
43. “Sometimes I was a little bit – not cocky, but not so nice, you know?” ― Andrei Arlovski
44. “Surely there’s a difference between cocky and lively and entertaining.” ― Ruth Jones
45. “Am I cocky or conceited? I’m definitely cocky. But at the root is confidence and humility.” ― Frank Shamrock
46. “I like to think I’m quite cocky and at home in any company. But you’re not really, are you?” ― Paul Whitehouse
47. “I want to stay humble and not sound cocky. But at the same time, I don’t want to be the little high schooler.” ― Mary Cain
48. “I believe in myself, and maybe people take that as cocky and flash, but in this game, you have to believe in yourself, or you won’t get anywhere.” ― James DeGale
49. “If I’m too cocky or too arrogant, it’s like, ‘Ugh.’ But if you’re too on the other side, you take away some of those other emotional aspects, and I just kinda like to have a balance.” ― Goldlink
50. “I read all the time that people think I’m arrogant. They say I am cocky, a bad character. I had that from a young age. But when they meet me, they say, ‘That image doesn’t fit you.’” ― Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Which One of these Cocky Quotes is your Favorite?
We carefully selected the cocky quotes listed here to offer you the best possible quotes that are worthy of sharing.
In addition, reading these cocky quotes can help you understand how a cocky person behaves.
You can share these quotes with people around you who are cocky.
This would help such people think about changing their behaviors.
Besides, if you have found your favorite cocky quote, just mention it in the comments section.