If you or someone you care about has been affected by an affair, you can relate to these affair quotes.
An affair is a relationship in which one of the participants is in a committed relationship with another person who doesn’t know about the relationship or approves of it.
You might also like these related articles:
Traditionally affairs are known as sexual relationships, but they also include emotional affairs where a partner is going behind another’s back and being emotionally intimate with another.
Emotional affairs often lead to sexual affairs, but in either case, they are situations where trust and loyalty are broken.
Additionally, there are romantic friendship affairs where physical touch and closeness might not lead to sex, but they cross the line of a normal friendship.
With modern technology, another affair that is growing is online affairs.
The parties might never meet in an online affair, but they share intimate details and often photos or even have online live video sessions with each other.
If an affair has hurt you, you can relate to these affair quotes.
Relationship and Affair Quotes
These quotes speak to the impact affairs have on relationships.
1. “Once a cheater, always a repeater.” — Melissa Edwards
2. “No woman could love a cheater and not pay the price for it.” — Rose Wynters
3. “Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. Pain of love lasts a lifetime.” — Bette Davis
4. “There is no such thing as an affair that doesn’t mean anything.” — Amanda Robson
5. “Next to hurting my family, cheating on me is the worst thing someone could do.” — Robert Buckley
6. “Cheating only thrills those who cannot see the beauty in faithfulness.” — Michael Bassey Johnson
7. “Tornadoes just happen. Your tongue does not just happen to fall into some other girl’s mouth!” — Gemma Halliday
8. “So often the end of a love affair is death by a thousand cuts, so often its survival is life by a thousand stitches.” — Robert Breault
9. “A real man doesn’t have time to cheat because that man is too busy providing all of which a good woman deserves.” — Ritu Ghatourey
10. “A liar deceives himself more than anyone, for he believes he can remain a person of good character when he cannot.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
Affair Quotes for the Broken Hearted
If you feel brokenhearted, you’ll relate to these quotes.
11. “The heart will break, but broken live on.” — Lord Byron
12. “It is strange how often a heart must be broken before the years can make it wise.” — Sara Teasdale
13. “And they can’t understand what hurts more—missing the other person or pretending not to.” — Khadija Rupa
14. “You can love someone so much, but you can never love people as much as you can miss them.” — John Green
15. “It’s amazing how someone can break your heart, and you can still love them with all the little pieces.” — Ella Harper
16.”’ It was a mistake,’ you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine for trusting you.” — David Levithan
17. “You didn’t just cheat on me; you cheated on us. You didn’t just break my heart; you broke our future.” — Steve Maraboli
18. “Some people are going to leave, but that’s not the end of your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.” — Faraaz Kazi
19. “Feelings are much like waves, we can’t stop them from coming, but we can choose which ones to surf.” — Jonatan Mårtensson
20. “Those who cheat on their partners who are loyal to them; don’t deserve them. It is a trashy attitude to disrespect a person who is loyal in a relationship by cheating on him or her.” — Ellen J. Barrier
Moving on After an Affair
Moving on after an affair isn’t easy, but it must be done together or apart.
21. “One lie has the power to tarnish a thousand truths.” — Al David
22. “There is no justification for having an affair.” — Shanola Hampton
23. “Sometimes good things fall apart, so better things can fall together.” — Marilyn Monroe
24. “Try being good to each other; it just might fix the issues in your relationship!” — Prakhar Sahay
25. “Trust, once lost, could not be easily found. Not in a year, perhaps not even in a lifetime.” — J.E.B. Spredemann
26. “One day you’re going to remember me and how much I loved you … and then you’re going to hate yourself for letting me go.” — Drake
27. “You really can’t fix someone else, but that doesn’t take your power away. You have the power to fix yourself, and that eventually fixes everything.” — Jennifer Kruse
28. “Seriously, if the bastards cheat on you, then they don’t deserve you anyway. If that’s a legit fear, then you probably shouldn’t be with them, to begin with.” — Kody Keplinger
29. “Are you trying to fix a relationship because it’s worth it? Or, you fixing it just because you’re afraid that the void he/she leaves behind would hurt?” — Kavipriya Moorthy
30. “Though they may be totally justified in their decision not to trust, as long as they choose not to, the relationship has no hope of survival and should be ended. If or when they decide to trust again, there is hope reborn.” — Doe Zantamata
Healing from an Affair Quotes
If you’re ready to start healing from an affair, these quotes are for you.
31. “Cheating was easy but impossible to take back.” — Dean Osborne
32. “Never close your lips to those whom you have opened your heart.” — Harville Hendrix
33. “Cheating and lying aren’t struggles; they’re reasons to break up.” — Patti Callahan Henry
34. “Not that you lied to me but that I no longer believe you has shaken me.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
35. “God can restore what is broken and change it into something amazing. All you need is faith.” — Joel 2:25
36. “The cure for a broken heart is simple, my lady. A hot bath and a good night’s sleep.” — Margaret George
37. “Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for.” — Erica Jong
38. “Actually, what rebuilds it is living it and doing things differently – and I think that is what is going to make the difference.” — Patricia Hewitt
39. “A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along.” — J.S.B. Morse
40. “It is only possible, though, if both people each other do their part to bring healing to the relationship. It is impossible for one person to fix it on their own.” — Shannon Thomas
Advice for Avoiding an Affair
As shown in these quotes, building a healthy relationship is the best way to avoid affairs.
41. “Cheating is a choice. Period.” — Charles J. Orlando
42. “Healthy relationships… Let’s not forget it’s you and me vs. the problem… Not you vs. me.” — Steve Maraboli
43. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” — Mignon McLaughlin
44. “Love doesn’t just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.” — Ursula K. LeGuin
45. “If you can’t be committed to another person, at least be committed to the concept of character and don’t cheat.” — Jerry Springer
46. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” — Dave Meurer
47. “Marriage is not a simple love affair, it’s an ordeal, and the ordeal is the sacrifice of ego to a relationship in which two have become one.” — Joseph Campbell
48. “Cheating is the most disrespectful thing one human being can do to another. If you aren’t happy in a relationship, end it before starting another one.” — Abhishek Tiwari
49. “There comes a time… when a relationship needs a ‘tune-up’ to repair and reset key areas within it, so it can once again feel healthy, loving, exciting, renewed, and promising.” — Ty Howard
50. “Whatever problems arise in a relationship, it’s important to face them together as a couple. If an aspect of the relationship stops working, don’t simply ignore it, but instead, address it with our partner.” — Anne Nwakama
Consequences From Affairs
Affairs are not a simple mistake that goes away.
Affairs have long-lasting effects that affect the partner cheated on and any children the couple may have.
Whether the affair ends the relationship or not, the partner that was cheated on often suffers from long-term mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, lack of trust, and stress.
Please share these Affair Quotes with someone you know that has been hurt and post any comments about the subject in the comment section below.