Agility Quotes to Speed Up Your Pace
May 8, 2023 12:11 AM EST
Finding the best agility quotes might turn out to be a daunting task for some people.
If you are one of them, we have got you covered.
Here, we have created a list of the top agility quotes and sayings.
Besides, you will also learn about the different aspects of agility in the section below.
So, let’s dive in!
Agility and its Importance to Athletes
Agility is a crucial aspect associated with the physical abilities of an athlete.
It serves as a decisive factor in a wide range of sports, including:
- Martial arts
Strength and agility allow an athlete to exercise better control.
An agile athlete can change direction quickly and outrun his/her opponent.
Check out these stretching quotes to learn more about this important aspect of training!
How an Athlete can Improve Agility
It is possible to improve the agility of an athlete by practicing different types of workouts.
A few of the most common agility training programs include the following exercises:
- Ladder drills
- Cone drills
- Plyometric exercises
- Shuttle runs
Benefits of Enhanced Agility
Agility can be beneficial for the overall performance of an athlete.
Below are some of the key benefits of agility for athletes.
- It helps increase the quickness and speed of the athlete.
- Allows the athlete to react much faster and with better control.
- Agility also helps an athlete utilize balance and coordination while playing.
- It also minimizes the risk of injury.
- Through agility training, athletes can build their stamina and endurance.
What Agility Means for Business?
When it comes to agility in the context of business, it refers to the ability of an organization to respond promptly.
This response could be related to a customer query or a changing market condition.
In the rapidly changing business world, agility is gaining much importance.
For instance, if a business fails to keep itself in line with emerging trends, it slows down the overall growth of such a business.
On the other hand, an agile business can adopt the latest strategies and procedures.
Agility also introduces flexibility to a business organization.
This helps businesses to stay competitive and reach their goals.
Characteristics of Business with Required Agility
The following are the key characteristics associated with an agile business:
- An agile business organization has a solid organizational structure.
- Management layers are kept to a minimum to speed up the decision-making process.
- Agile business models value collaboration, learning, and experimentation.
- Such businesses use technology like automation and AI (artificial intelligence).
Top 10 Agility Quotes
Here we present a collection of the top 10 agility quotes for your reading pleasure.
1. “Strength without agility is a mere mass.” — Fernando Pessoa
2. “Agility within and of itself is a strategy.” — Pearl Zhu
3. “I took obedience, agility, and shepherding with my dog.” — Annaleigh Ashford
4. “Speed, agility, and responsiveness are the keys to future success.” — Anita Roddick
5. “It’s like you trade the virility of the body for the agility of the spirit.” — Elizabeth Lesser
6. “I couldn’t have been a great goalkeeper without power, agility, and quickness.” — Hope Solo
7. “Catch the life with the agility of a dog trying to get a hold of the flying Frisbee!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
8. “Few big men have possessed the rare combination of power, speed, and agility of Shaq.” — Jared Dudley
9. “Irony is a clear consciousness of an eternal agility, of the infinitely abundant chaos.” — Karl Wilhelm Friedrich Schlegel
10. “Drones, with their agility and small size, seem perfect for search and rescue operations.” — Grant Imahara
Agility Quotes by Athletes
Gain inspiration and insight from some of the world’s top athletes with these quotes on the importance of agility.
11. “As an athlete, I used my speed, agility, and quickness to go out and play against the big guys.” — Michael Chang
12. “I love watching Crufts on the television, especially the agility tests; I find them very impressive.” — Victoria Pendleton
13. “I prefer to fight a bigger guy. I don’t like fighting smaller guys; they give me problems with their agility.” — Tyson Fury
14. “I thank those people that thought I had lost the agility to play shortstop because they gave me more motivation.” — Asdrubal Cabrera
15. “For me, speed and power is the most important thing on the footy field as well as agility which I work on every day.” — Israel Folau
16. “I’ve got power and agility. I don’t care if I’m not the biggest keeper; I’ve got the power and agility to get around the goal, and I’m very good at it.” — Jordan Pickford
17. “I’m not the fastest guy, but when it comes to agility, getting in and out of cuts and seeing something and going to get it, I do my best to make sure that’s on point.” — Frank Gore
18. “I played basketball, baseball, and football. I never had much downtime. But I think playing multiple sports helped tremendously in my baseball career. I have the agility of all three combined into one.” — Giancarlo Stanton
19. “For sure, it takes longer for bigger guys or tall guys to be really agile. Growing up, my dad and a few coaches always said that’s the first and main priority for me, agility and quick feet, before getting strong.” — Zdeno Chara
20. “You need to have explosive power. So you need to have good agility to move your feet quick and be in the right place at the right time. So you have to be an overall athlete: you need to be in shape to be able to throw.” — Michelle Carter
Agility Quotes by Americans
Agility is a key skill, and several Americans from various disciplines discuss it in the quotes provided below.
21. “Success today requires the agility and drive to constantly rethink, reinvigorate, react, and reinvent.” — Bill Gates
22. “It is said that Obama speaks ‘professorially,’ a fact that understates the quickness and agility of his mind.” — Ta-Nehisi Coates
23. “Every organization goes through a lifecycle where they eventually lose their initial speed or agility at a strategic level.” — John P. Kotter
24. “What sets baseball apart from other sports is the array of skills that every player needs: the speed, the power, the agility.” — Mark Kurlansky
25. “Off the field, all my training is speed and quickness. The agility work, the cones, training with my track coach, and keeping my speed.” — DeSean Jackson
26. “CIA relies on a partner’s focus, linguistic agility, and cultural depth; in return, the partner benefits from CIA’s resources, technology, and global view.” — Michael Hayden
27. “What I tell a lot of the younger guys is, ‘My speed isn’t the same, my agility isn’t the same, but yet I still can talk.’ That’s an extra defender out there.” — Rasheed Wallace
28. “Foreign policy will require a strategic agility that, whenever possible, gets ahead of problems, strengthens U.S. security and alliances, and promotes American interests and credibility.” — Chuck Hagel
29. “For me, from day one, I don’t think I realized that I was considered undersized, but I knew I was good. I had certain tools in my toolbox that other guys didn’t have, like agility, quickness, and explosiveness.” — Austin Aries
30. “I’m happy to feed the squirrels – tree rats with the agility of point guards – but in fair weather, they frighten my finches. They leap from snowbank to porch to feeder and stuff their cheek pouches with chickadee feed.” — Donald Hall
Agility Quotes Related to Business and Business People
Explore the importance of agility in business with the following agility quotes from successful entrepreneurs and business people who have mastered the art of adaptability.
31. “Agility is fundamental to leading a team through times of change.” — Sandra E. Peterson
32. “The goal of agility measure is to keep track of the most value-driven factors to lead business success.” — Pearl Zhu
33. “Innovation is key. Only those who have the agility to change with the market and innovate quickly will survive.” — Robert Kiyosaki
34. “Agility and transformation isn’t restricted to private industry. Governments need to transform and maintain relevance to the rapid pace of change.” — Tom Golway
35. “’ Failing fast’ is an important component of cultivating the agility needed for a development project along with continually rebalancing your innovation portfolio.” — Lynne Doughtie
36. “Entrepreneurial Philanthropy is not just a philosophy or a dream. It is a promise that philanthropy is at its best when it is founded on entrepreneurial zest and agility.” — Naveen Jain
37. “Blockchain is really exciting technology because it’s actually providing both transparency but also agility in a contractual relationship that any organization should have.” — Jean-Philippe Courtois
38. “Being a solo founder allows you to move quickly – when you’re going up against massive, entrenched competitors, you need to maximize speed and agility. Having just one person at the top allows for faster decision making.” — Eric Yuan
39. “The game of business used to be like football: size mattered. Then it changed to basketball: speed and agility. Today, business is more like chess. Customer priorities change continually, and the signals given by these changes are vital clues to the next cycle of growth.” — Adrian Slywotzky
40. “Success is no longer about changing strategies more often but having the agility to execute multiple strategies concurrently. And success requires CEOs to develop the right leadership capabilities, workforce skills, and corporate cultures to support digital transformation.” — Pierre Nanterme
Physical, Mental & Emotional Agility Quotes
The quotes below illustrate how mental, emotional, and physical flexibility are essential for development in every aspect of life.
41. “Learning agility means to learn, de-learn, and relearn all the time.” — Pearl Zhu
42. “I don’t feel that no fighter has the mental or physical agility to match Floyd Mayweather.” — Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
43. “Tit-tat is the ability of a poor soul over criticism, and ping-pong is the agility of a great soul over absurdism.” — P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
44. “Emotional agility is the ability to be with your emotions with curiosity, compassion, and especially the courage to take values-connected steps.” — Susan David
45. “I have always had good strength in my legs from working out with weights. I have also been riding a bike of some sort for most of my life and have good agility.” — Mark-Paul Gosselaar
46. “Sometimes the manager must perform with the courage and agility of a circus performer, carefully crossing the highwire between short-term problems and long-term objectives.” — Buck Rodgers
47. “I was captain and should have set the example. I would lift a minimum of weights. Mine was natural physical strength. I always thought quickness and agility were much more important.” — Merlin Olsen
48. “The past is an illusion. You must learn to live in the present and accept yourself for what you are now. What you lack in flexibility and agility, you must make up with knowledge and constant practice.” — Bruce Lee
49. “When we think about physical fitness, agility centers on your ability to move quickly and easily. To make adjustments to what’s happening around you. To help you stay on your feet when you get thrown off balance.” — Darcy Luoma
50. “Tennis takes care of everything. It requires agility and quickness to get to the ball, core strength to get power into your shorts, and stamina to last for an entire match. In addition to toning your arms and shoulders, it’s a total body workout for your legs and abs, and it works your heart and core unlike any other sport.” — Samantha Stosur
Which of these Agility Quotes is your Favorite?
The agility quotes above are carefully selected to offer you the best possible experience.
The quotes mentioned above are authentic and relevant, making them the right choice for sharing via social media.
Besides, all these quotes are provided under their respective section.
Hence, you can easily find an agility quote that inspires you the most.
If you have found one, share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to learn about your choice.