Check out these wind chime quotes that will remind you of the beautiful music they make.
Wind chimes are a type of percussion instrument that makes different sounds when the wind blows and knocks the pieces of the wind chimes together.
Wind chimes can be constructed from many different materials, but here are some of the most popular types of wind chimes:
- Bell Chimes – uses hanging bells that produce sound when the wind blows.
- Tubular Chimes – very popular and are composed of hollow tubes that make different sounds when the wind blows them together.
- Special Chimes – whether you are giving chimes to someone to remember a person or an experience, you can have the chimes engraved, and some even use a metal piece that hits the tubes or bells as the engraving piece.
Take a look at these wind chime quotes and decide which type you would like to add to your home.
The Best Wind Chime Quotes
Take a look at some of the best wind chime quotes.
1. “And then music. Wind chimes.” — Christopher Golden
2. “Wind chimes are also earthquake chimes.” — Demetri Martin
3. “Think all wind chimes sound alike? They do not.” — Diane Henkler
4. “If your neighbor has wind chimes, you have wind chimes.” — Nitya Prakash
5. “Intuition is not the result of diet, rituals, or wind chimes.” — Caroline Myss
6. “Wind chimes aren’t just decorations; they elevate an outdoor space.” — Jasmine Harding
7. “Wind chimes will also please your neighbors, as they add more charm to the community.” — Natasha Nan
8. “Her laughter sounded like April showers, like whispered secrets, like glass wind-chimes.” — Rebecca McNutt
9. “Memorial wind chimes make excellent gifts for friends and relatives who are grieving a loss.” — Belinda McLeod
10. “Girls should be strong together. Strong like steel, merry like the tinkling of chimes dancing in the wind.” — Kristin Halbrook
Wind Chime Quotes To Put On A Memorial Wind Chime
Check out these sweet wind chime quotes to put on a memorial wind chime.
11. “We do not remember days; we remember moments.” — Cesare Pavese
12. “Don’t cry because it’s over; smile because it happened.” — Dr. Seuss
13. “I don’t think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that remains.” — Anne Frank
14. “The comfort of having a friend may be taken away but not that of having had one.” — Seneca
15. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” — Abraham Lincoln
16. “Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
17. “Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.” — Rabindranath Tagore
18. “Your life was a blessing, Your memory a treasure… You are loved beyond words, And missed beyond measure.” — Renee Wood
19. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
20. “I still miss those I loved who are no longer with me, but I find I am grateful for having loved them. The gratitude has finally conquered the loss.” — Rita Mae Brown
Wind Chime Quotes About The Wind
Wind chimes would not have their beautiful sound without the wind, so here are some wind chime quotes about the wind.
21. “It’s a warm wind, the west wind, full of birds’ cries.” — John Masefield
22. “The wind is a very difficult sound to get. It’s always changing.” — Don Van Vliet
23. “You find out the strength of a wind by trying to walk against it, not by lying down.” — CS Lewis
24. “I love the feeling of the fresh air on my face and the wind blowing through my hair.” — Evel Knievel
25. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” — Jimmy Dean
26. “The sound of ‘gentle stillness’ after all the thunder and wind have passed will the ultimate word from God.” — Jim Elliot
27. “Wherever wind visits, there it freshens the air; wherever wisdom visits, there it freshens the mind!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
28. “Who has seen the wind? Neither you nor I, but when the trees bow down their heads, the wind is passing by.” — Christina Rossetti
29. “Chill air and wintry winds! My ear has grown familiar with your song; I hear it in the opening year, I listen, and it cheers me long.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
30. “The substance of the winds is too thin for human eyes, their written language is too difficult for human minds, and their spoken language mostly too faint for the ears.” — John Muir
Wind Chime Quotes About Chimes
Part of what makes wind chimes beautiful is the sound the chimes make, so here are some wind chime quotes about chimes.
31. “Chime out, thou little song of Spring,/Float in the blue skies ravishing.” — Sidney Lanier
32. “His words ring sweet as a chime of gold, And his eyes are lit with laughter.” — Dorothy Parker
33. “As distant memories, through the fog-dimmed light,/Rise, to the muffled chime of churchbell choir.” — Charles Baudelaire
34. “In December ring Every day the chimes; Loud the gleemen sing In the streets their merry rhymes.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
35. “Accordingly, he took me one day, as a special treat, to the top of the grand old tower, to see the chimes played.” — James Nasmyth
36. “No matter whether failure came A thousand different times, For one brief moment of success, Life rang its golden chimes.” — George Eliot
37. “The voice so sweet, the words so fair, As some soft chime had stroked the air; And though the sound had parted thence, Still left an echo in the sense.” — Ben Jonson
38. “Those evening bells! those evening bells! How many a tale their music tells Of youth and home, and that sweet time When last I heard their soothing chime!” — Charles Lamb
39. “It is not fashionable anymore, I suppose, to have a regard for one’s mother in the way my brother and I had then, in the mid-1950s, when the noise outside the window was mostly wind and sea chime.” — Colum McCann
40. “It would no doubt be very sentimental to argue – but I would argue it nevertheless – that the peculiar combination of joy and sadness in bell music – both of clock chimes and of change-ringing – is very typical of England.” — A.N. Wilson
More Wind Chime Quotes and Sayings
This is the last list of wind chime quotes.
41. “Wind Chimes are not just for homes. You can also use them for business and marketing purposes!” — Natasha Nan
42. “Windy days are defined by flying kites, rustling leaves, and, of course, the sound of wind chimes.” — Kathleen Quema
43. “The best wind chimes are part artwork and part percussive instrument, but they don’t all sound alike.” — Jasmine Harding
44. “A wind chime. High-end outdoor design appeals to all the senses, and the auditory elements are no exception.” — Maria Conti
45. “The sound of wind chimes can create a calming and soothing effect, promoting relaxation and reducing stress levels.” — Katie Dubow
46. “The best wind chimes not only offer a soothing melody, they also are a simple way to add to your backyard’s decor and ambiance.” — Kate McGregor
47. “Outdoor wind chimes make peaceful, soothing sounds on windy days. I always think of my grandma’s house when I hear metal wind chimes.” — Allison Johnson
48. “One element that I love about being outside on the deck is hearing the wind chimes I have hanging by the sliding glass door to my kitchen.” — Diane Henkler
49. “When choosing how to decorate your patio, deck, or porch for outdoor living in style this summer, don’t forget to add the element of sound in the way of wind chimes.” — Diane Henkler
50. “There are a few things you’re bound to hear the second you wake up in the south. Chirping birds, trucks that are speeding down the street, and of course, wind chimes.” — Allison Johnson
What Types of Sounds Do Wind Chimes Make?
Wind chimes are meant to create a soothing and relaxing sound.
Depending on the material that is used to create the wind chimes and the size or length of the tubes or bells, you can create different tones, from soft low tones to higher-pitched tones.
Please share these wind chime quotes with others by clicking the share button!