Stretching Quotes to Bring out the Athlete in You
January 12, 2023 6:00 AM EST
Stretching quotes can boost your morale and allow you to meet fitness goals.
Exercise is important for us in various ways, and stretching is an integral part of any exercise.
With proper stretching techniques, you can improve your mobility range and perform even those exercises that aren’t otherwise possible for you.
Here, we will offer you the best possible stretching quotes and give you an insight into the importance of stretching.
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
Why stretching is so essential?
Stretching can do wonders if you are doing it regularly and with the right technique.
Stretching can improve flexibility and range of motion, giving the required flexibility to your joint muscles.
With better flexibility, you can achieve the following fitness benefits:
- Enhances your performance in many physical activities
- Allows your muscles to gain flexibility and work effectively
- Increases the range of joint movement
- Improves blood flow throughout the muscles
- Minimizes the risk of common injuries
- Increases your physical strength and stamina
Key tips to perform stretching
Before stretching right away, it would be appropriate to know how to perform it.
This will help you perform stretching safely and with a maximum outcome.
Here are the tips to follow when performing stretching safely:
- You need to warm up your body before stretching
- Don’t stretch before an intense physical activity
- Avoid pushing your body too much, as each person’s body exhibits a specific level of flexibility
- Pay attention to the major muscle groups like hips, thighs, calves, lower back, and neck
- Perform stretching smoothly without bouncing back or forth
- Try to hold your stretch for 30 seconds in normal areas, but you can exceed this time to 60 seconds in problematic areas
- Pain during stretching isn’t a good sign, so leave stretching if you aren’t comfortable.
- Be regular and perform stretching exercises at least thrice a week, as skipping for a longer period can lower the benefits
- Use gentle stretching movements as you use in Pilates, yoga, or Tai Chi.
Top 10 stretching quotes
Here are the top 10 stretching quotes for you to read and get motivated.
1. “I do some weights and I do a lot of stretching.” — Mike Ditka
2. “Stretching was a major part of my preparation.” — Edwin Moses
3. “Stretching always helps me start my day in a good way.” — Nyjah Huston
4. “Stretching is instrumental in any athlete’s physical success.” — Jozy Altidore
5. “I am interested only in stretching myself, on living as fully as I can.” — Doris Lessing
6. “I hope to always keep stretching myself and not stay in one box or lane.” — Cailee Spaeny
7. “Strategy is about stretching limited resources to fit ambitious aspirations.” — C. K. Prahalad
9. “Arise from sleep, old cat, And with great yawns and stretching… Amble out for love.” — Kobayashi Issa
8. “Stretching his hand up to reach the stars, too often man forgets the flowers at his feet.” — Jeremy Bentham
10 “I’m just broadening my craft and stretching my skills a little bit in different directions.” — Gugu Mbatha-Raw
Stretching quotes for athletes
This section of our collection offers stretching quotes for athletes. You can take inspiration from these quotes even if you aren’t an athlete.
11. “You are only as young as your spine is flexible.” — Joseph Pilates
12. “I never struggled with injury problems because of my preparation – in particular my stretching.” — Edwin Moses
13. “You were created to excel. There’s no limit to how high you can go in life. Keep stretching to the next level.” — Joel Osteen
14. “What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds.” — Wayne Dyer
15. “Even if you don’t have time for a big workout, stretching in the morning and night really changes your body.” — Erin Heatherton
16. “Life is often compared to a marathon, but I think it is more like being a sprinter; long stretches of hard work punctuated by brief moments in which we are given the opportunity to perform at our best.” — Michael Johnson
17. “The goal you set must be challenging. At the same time, it should be realistic and attainable, not impossible to reach. It should be challenging enough to make you stretch, but not so far that you break.” — Rick Hansen
18. “By stretching yourself beyond your perceived level of confidence you accelerate your development of competence.” — Michael J. Gelb
19. “This hour we are stretching forth our hands with the desire to teach the world the true principles of mercy and justice.” — Marcus Garvey
20. “Whatever kind of workout you settle on, it should include the Big Three of exercise for health and fitness-aerobics, resistance exercises, and stretching.” — Jane Fonda
Stretching quotes about yoga
Here, you will find stretching quotes related to yoga and similar exercises.
21. “Yoga is the fountain of youth. You’re only as young as your spine is flexible.” — Bob Harper
22. “Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured.” — B. K. S. Iyengar
23. “The hallmark of successful people is that they are always stretching themselves to learn new things.” — Carol S. Dweck
24. “Don’t keep reaching for the stars because you’ll just look like an idiot stretching that way for no reason.” — Jimmy Fallon
25. “Stretching your parameters is a necessity if you want to keep growing, and sometimes the best way to do that is to dive into the deep end.” — Lars Ulrich
26. “The passion for stretching yourself and sticking to it, even (or especially) when it’s not going well, is the hallmark of the growth mindset.” — Carol S. Dweck
27. “When you engage in systematic, purposeful action, using and stretching your abilities to the maximum, you cannot help but feel positive and confident about yourself.” — Brian Tracy
28. “Align yourself with people that you can learn from, people who want more out of life, people who are stretching and searching and seeking some higher ground in life.” — Les Brown
29. “Not everything you do is going to be a masterpiece, but you get art there and you try, and sometimes it really happens. The other times you’re just stretching your soul.” — Maya Angelou
30. “You can say what Pilates is in three words. Stretch with Strength and Control. And the control part is the most important because that makes you use your mind.” — Romana Kryzanowska
Stretching quotes that are motivational
Although all the stretching quotes above are motivational, the quotes below offer a higher dose of motivation.
31. “I wake up in the morning, I do little stretching exercises, pick up the horn and play.” — Herb Alpert
32. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
33. “Success is due to our stretching to the challenges of life. Failure comes when we shrink from them.” — John C. Maxwell
34. “It feels like some part of me that was curled down and waiting in the dark has risen, and now stands stretching and strong in the sunshine. I knew it.” — Elizabeth Berg
35. “There are only two possibilities. You are either going for your dreams or giving up your dreams. Stretching for what you could be or settling for what you are.” — Jeff Olson
The importance of stretching quotes
36. “Stretching, which I do for five to 10 minutes before and after a match, is so important in general when it comes to prolonging your career and staying injury-free.” — Jozy Altidore
37. “Basically it starts with four months of training, just basic stretching, kicking, and punching. Then you come to the choreography and getting ready to put the dance together.” — Keanu Reeves
38. “Often-times it’s madness, not genius that moves the world forward. Who else but the mad would reach so far, stretching for the impossible and, in so doing, prove the impossible possible!” — James Rollins
39. “It’s hard to stay flexible if you don’t stretch. I think if you train the right way you’ll be flexible. There are people that don’t appreciate the value of stretching. I think it’s very important.” — Darren Shahlavi
40. “You can’t just be you. You have to double yourself. You have to read books on subjects you know nothing about. You have to travel to places you never thought of traveling. You have to meet every kind of person and endlessly stretch what you know.” — Mary Wells Lawrence
Some other stretching quotes for you
If you haven’t found the stretching quote of your choice, here are some other options to look at.
41. “I love stretching myself musically.” — Liz Phair
44. “I love Nautilus and stretching. The results are immediate, and that gives me the motivation to continue.” — Donna Dixon
42. “The fight training was very extensive, a lot of stretching, a lot of coordination of balance exercises.” — Jason Statham
43. “I like the theatre because you paint with broad strokes. To me the theatre is stretching its definition really far.” — Ajay Naidu
45. “Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach.” — Clarissa Pinkola Estes
Positive stretching quotes
46. “A vast deal of human sympathy runs along the electric line of needlework, stretching from the throne to the wicker chair of the humble seamstress.” — Nathaniel Hawthorne
47. “I was the type of guy that used to get up in the morning and go out and just out run everybody on the field without stretching or warming up or anything.” — Bo Jackson
48. “The best part of learning any profession, when you’re really going through those huge stretching escalated times of learning and energy, is when you want to do it so much.” — Diane Cilento
49. “If eating out, order your meal and ask the server to wrap up half of the portion to take home with you for the next day, keeping your portion size in check, and stretching your dollar into two meals.” — Cat Cora
50. “I love to read. I love to stretch. In the morning, I get up, and if I’m not in a hurry, I will lie on the floor on a rug, look through some books and magazines, and maybe listen to music and try to do stretching exercises to tune up.” — Jackson Browne
Which one of these stretching do you like the most?
Once you have gone through our collection of stretching quotes, you might have felt motivated.
We explicitly curated the quotes above to give you a perfect reading experience.
You can also share these impressive quotes with your family and friends.
If you have found the stretching quote of your choice, share it with us by commenting below.
Don’t forget to hit the share button if you enjoyed these stretching quotes.