Sometimes being uncomfortable is good, as shown by these being uncomfortable quotes.
Forbes.com says, “Feeling uncomfortable is the key to success” because it causes personal development.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Being uncomfortable is usually because you are trying something out of your comfort zone or have been forced to try something different because of circumstances.
Some good things that can come from being uncomfortable are:
- Expanding your network – Often, you would not meet new people if you stayed in your old routine, but forcing yourself to try new things will help you meet new people.
- Increase your creativity – You might be stuck in a boring routine, but if you are willing to get uncomfortable, it can force you to be creative to figure out new things or solve problems.
- Present new opportunities – Being uncomfortable happens when you put yourself in new situations but don’t consider them bad. Instead, you are presented with new opportunities.
- Build your confidence – It builds your confidence when you see that you can succeed in new situations that were initially uncomfortable.
Take a look at these being uncomfortable quotes to learn more about why you should be uncomfortable.
Best Being Uncomfortable Quotes to Motivate You
Get ready to be motivated with the following quotes.
1. “Change is uncomfortable.” — Kirby Smart
2. “Getting to a place of comfort can be uncomfortable.” — Marcus Samuelsson
3. “The more you seek the uncomfortable, the more you will become comfortable.” — Conor McGregor
4. “When you’re uncomfortable, that’s when you learn something new about yourself.’ — Arca
5. “If we’re growing, we’re always going to be out of our comfort zone.” — John Maxwell
6. “The only time you are actually growing is when you are uncomfortable.” — T. Harv Eker
7. “Sometimes life seems uncomfortable, and that’s actually when life starts.” — M.H. Rakib
8. “If you can’t put yourself in a situation where you are uncomfortable, then you will never grow.” — Jason Reynolds
9. “I don’t know how to be comfortable. Comfort is uncomfortable to me, so I push myself to new places.” — Saint John
10. “You are going to have uncomfortable moments. It’s what we do with those moments that is going to count and determine our destiny.” — Lana
Being Uncomfortable Quotes on Why You Need to Get Uncomfortable
These quotes show why pushing past your comfort zone is important.
11. “Quitting because you don’t want to be uncomfortable will prevent you from growing.” — Amy Morin
12. “Whatever makes you uncomfortable is your biggest opportunity for growth.” — Bryant McGill
13. “Growth is uncomfortable; you have to embrace the discomfort if you want to expand.” — Jonathan Majors
14. “Sometimes being uncomfortable is the only way to save yourself from settling.” — Andrea Ager
15. “I really try to put myself in uncomfortable situations. Complacency is my enemy.” — Trent Reznor
16. “Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” — Brian Tracy
17. “So we live in a world where we want to be as comfortable as we can. And we wonder why we have no growth.” — David Goggins
18. “Winners are those people who make a habit of doing the things losers are uncomfortable doing.” — Ed Foreman
19. “Poverty is uncomfortable, but nine times out of ten, the best thing that can happen to a young man is to be tossed overboard and compelled to sink or swim.” — James A. Garfield
20. “Comfort kills ambition. Get uncomfortable and get used to it in your pursuit of your goals and dreams.” — Robert Kiyosaki
You will also enjoy our article on awkward quotes.
Uncomfortable Quotes About Pushing Past Your Comfort Zone
Keep reading if you need motivation to move past your comfort zone.
21. “God, make me so uncomfortable that I will do the very thing I fear.” — Ruby Dee
22. “Sometimes we have to step out of our comfort zone. We have to break the rules.” — Kyra Davis
23. “If you make your decisions based on comfort, before long, you will be uncomfortable.” — Adrian Rogers
24. “In the absence of a challenge, there is comfort. In the presence of comfort, there is no change.” — Matt LeMond
25. “Making yourself a little uncomfortable allows you to grow because you experience something new.” — Shamithra Reddy
26. “The sooner you step away from your comfort zone, you’ll realize that it really wasn’t all that comfortable.” — Eddie Harris Jr.
27. “Be comfortable being uncomfortable. It may get tough, but it’s a small price to pay for living a dream.” — Peter McWilliams
28. “There are a lot of things that are uncomfortable and hard to do, and the longer you put off those things, the harder they get.” — Dave Morin
29. “You have to learn to get comfortable being uncomfortable. You have to be willing to get out of your comfort zone and push your limits.” — Jesse Itzler
30. “Being willing to step outside your comfort zone once in a while; take the risks in life that seem worth taking. The ride might not be as predictable if you’d just planted your feet and stayed put, but it will be a heck of a lot more interesting.” — Edward Whitacre, Jr.
Being Uncomfortable Quotes About The Challenge of Getting Uncomfortable
Find inspiration to get uncomfortable and push forward in life.
31. “Embrace the new, no matter how uncomfortable, and make it work for you.” — Alex Smith
32. “A ship in a harbor is safe, but that’s not what a ship is built for.” — John Augustus Shedd
33. “Comfort zones are most often expanded through discomfort.” — Peter McWilliams
34. “Uncomfortable doesn’t mean bad; uncomfortable simply means you’re doing something you haven’t done before.” — Joe Vitale
35. “You have to be slightly uncomfortable with what you’re doing, and you have to be able to try to find moments of newness.” — Jonathan Anderson
36. “With success comes more responsibility, a larger size of existence, which is uncomfortable.” — Lupita Nyong’o
37. “I think goals should never be easy; they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable at the time.” — Michael Phelps
38. “Nobody ever died of discomfort, yet living in the name of comfort has killed more ideas, more opportunities, more actions, and more growth than everything else combined.” — T. Harv Eker
39. “As you move outside of your comfort zone, what was once the unknown and frightening becomes your new normal.” — Robin S. Sharma
40. “When you become comfortable with uncertainty, infinite possibilities open up in your life.” — Eckhart Tolle
More Inspirational Uncomfortable Quotes
Here are ten more quotes to help you embrace getting uncomfortable.
41. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” — Neale Donald Walsh
42. “Life loses its meaning when we get stuck up in the comfort zone.” — M.K. Soni
43. “A scholar who cherishes the love of comfort is not fit to be deemed a scholar.” — Lao Tzu
44. “True success is achieved by stretching oneself, learning to feel comfortable being uncomfortable.” — Ken Poirot
45. “The one thing you learn is when you can step out of your comfort zone and be uncomfortable, you see what you’re made of and who you are.” — Sue Bird
46. “Do something uncomfortable today. By stepping out of your box, you don’t have to settle for what you are—you get to create who you want to become.” — Howard Walstein
47. “Change can be uncomfortable and scary. But I believe change exists to teach us to appreciate and enjoy the right now.” — Gretchen Bleiler
48. “If you don’t step out of your comfort zone and face your fears, the number of situations that make you uncomfortable will keep growing.” — Theo Pistorius
49. “A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown.” — Dan Waitley
50. “My experience is that you cannot have everything you want, but you can have anything you really want. You just need to decide what it is and then plan your exit from the comfort zone.” — Jonathan Farrington
What Are Some Good Situations That Make You Uncomfortable?
Being comfortable is not bad, but like anything, too much is bad for you as you will become complacent and let life pass you by.
Try shaking your life up and challenging yourself by making yourself uncomfortable in one or more of the following situations:
- Striving for a health or fitness goal
- Go for a new job that will challenge you
- Look at moving to a location that you have always wanted to live in
Please share these being uncomfortable quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about being uncomfortable in the comment section below.