These Big Little Lies quotes will make you want to binge the show again.
Share your favorite character in the comments below.
Big Little Lies is a television series with drama, mystery and a hint of dark comedy created by David. E Kelley and based on the novel Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty.
The critically acclaimed series aired from February 2017 to July 2019 on HBO with 14 episodes and two seasons starring Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman and Shailene Woodley.
This mystery series is a story that circles around ladies from Monterey who share their journey as they get along with each other’s lifestyle in the luxurious city until a murder mystery arises.
No one knows who was murdered and who the murderer is.
As the story goes on, the doors to more mystery open as the viewers go along the backstories between secrets, affairs, relationships and falsehood.
These Big Little Lies quotes will take you to the edge of your seat.
Don’t forget to also check out these Locke & Key quotes that draw you into the mystery.
Big Little Lies quotes from Madeline Martha Mackenzie
1. “If you were crazy, you’d fit in perfectly in this town.” — Madeline Martha Mackenzie
2. “Turns out it’s actually harder to have a part-time job versus a full-time job because in addition to doing all that work, you’re out there scouring for another job.” — Madeline Martha Mackenzie
3. “Who knows what lies out there beneath the surface?” — Madeline Martha Mackenzie
4. “I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets.” — Madeline Martha Mackenzie
5. “Bruises heal, stigmas can last a lifetime.” — Madeline Martha Mackenzie
6. “When I was married to him, he wouldn’t so much as go for a walk. And when he finally did, he never came back.” — Madeline Martha Mackenzie
7. “What people don’t tell you is that you lose your children.” — Madeline Martha Mackenzie
8. “This is the first day of school. We have to earn our good-mom badges all over again.” — Madeline Martha Mackenzie
9. “That’s the thing about families. Is that you can be mad and you can fight, but you get over it, and you always come back together. That’s what families do.” — Madeline Martha Mackenzie
10. “Part of the problem… is we lie to our kids. We fill their heads full of Santa Claus and stories with happy endings, when most of us know, most endings to most stories f***ing suck.” — Madeline Martha Mackenzie
11. “Life is a series of building blocks that you stand on and you grow on.” — Madeline Martha Mackenzie
12. “If I f*** up again, it will not be with infidelity. I give you my word. All my future mistakes will be brand new ones.” — Madeline Martha Mackenzie
Big Little Lies quotes from Celeste Wright
13. “Family isn’t always everything, but sometimes it is.” — Celeste Wright
14. “Men can be a little more intuitive than we give them credit for.” — Celeste Wright
15. “I feel so ashamed for saying this, but being a mother, it’s not enough for me. It’s just not. It’s not even close.” — Celeste Wright
16. “Indecent or not, this case is about mothering which puts your parenting strategies in issue.” — Celeste Wright
17. “I wish I would have told you. I do. You would have jumped into that pool and pulled me out.” — Celeste Wright
Big Little Lies quotes from Mary Louise Wright
18. “People are never really gone. Because they live on in the hearts of those they leave behind.” — Mary Louise Wright
19. “People can move on after tragedy, just not together sometimes.” — Mary Louise Wright
20. “Sleeping Beauty. That is how Perry would describe her to me. Sleeping Beauty. He was her prince, and she killed him.” — Mary Louise Wright
21. “You’re a mess, Celeste. And until you’re better, we just have to think about protecting the wellbeing of our boys.” — Mary Louise Wright
22. “This isn’t about me needing to be liked.” — Mary Louise Wright
23. “It’s meant to be shared, you know, grief. It’s… insurmountable. Too difficult a battle to be waged alone.” — Mary Louise Wright
24. “ I’m presented with the idea that my son was both an adulterer and a rapist. And I am desperate to squash that idea.” — Mary Louise Wright
25. “Well, things happen these days. Men put drugs in pretty girls drinks and things happen, people don’t remember things sometimes.” — Mary Louise Wright
Which of these Big Little Lies quotes is your favorite?
Every episode leaves the viewer’s critical thinking challenged with the deep and exciting events that will surely get them addicted.
This won many awards because of its thought-provoking and emotional portrayal of married life and having a family in women’s perspective.
This series will make you rethink the fidelity of your colleagues, friends and family.
It also portrays how women can be tricky and how mentally powerful women are along with how women can push through after a tragedy.
Are you truly a friend to your sisters?
Call out your girlfriends and share these Big Little Lies quotes and sayings to showcase your loyalty to your friendship’s bond.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST