We hope these Bob Goff quotes from the “recovering lawyer” will inspire you to love more and live out your wildest dreams.
Are you living the best version of your life?
Bob Goff is a self-described “recovering lawyer” because, after a quarter of a century practicing law, he gave up his firm to write, speak, and spread love throughout the world.
Goff is the author of Love Does and Dream Big, two books about how the power of love can change your life and how important it is to not let fear crush your dreams.
After giving up his law career, Goff’s new mission in life is to help people love more and be loved more so that they can live the best versions of their life. Enjoy these Bob Goff quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Iyanla Vanzant quotes from the best selling author.
Bob Goff quotes about love
1. “Stand up like a mountain; have faith like a rock; love like an avalanche.” — Bob Goff
Everyday Application: Stand tall and proud, paying attention to your body language. Do not be afraid to reach for the sky and take up space. Have faith in what you believe in that is strong and can be built upon. Love with abandon and fiercely, let it consume you!
2. “God’s big plan: go love everybody, always!” — Bob Goff
Everyday Application: Everybody deserves love, forgiveness, and grace according to God. If we loved the way God does, how much better would the world be? Try extending a little more love to the people around you (especially those that irritate you) and see how your life changes!
3. “Don’t save up love like you’re trying to retire on it; give it away like you’re made of it.” — Bob Goff
Everyday Application: What a great way to visually think of love. You could hoard it all away in a bank for a rainy day, but just like money, you can not take love with you when you die. Give it away freely and invest love into yourself and others. You life will become infinitely richer.
4. “Most people need love and acceptance a lot more than they need advice.” — Bob Goff
Everyday Application: We tend to give out advice whenever people talk to us. There are reasons why this happens, but ultimately unsolicited advice is not great. Instead of offering our opinions and perspective, what if we tried to offer more love and understanding? This doesn’t mean that people should have free passes, but approaching situations from the perspective of love could make all the difference.
5. “The most beautiful scenery in the world is when our friends come into view.” — Bob Goff
Everyday Application: Simply put, there are a lot of things we take for granted in this world. The beauty around us in one of them. However, the value of love and friendship is often another. True friends are a gift and a beautiful thing to experience in this life!
6. “Loving people the way Jesus did, means living a life of constant interruptions. Bring it.” — Bob Goff
7. “Every time we see people as ordinary, we turn the wine back into water.” — Bob Goff
8. “Next to grace, I bet God thinks making us need each other was one of His best ideas.” — Bob Goff
9. “Simply put: love does.” — Bob Goff
10. “Extravagant love is never wasted.” — Bob Goff
11. “Selfless love is always costly; fear can’t afford it, pride doesn’t understand it and friends never forget it.” — Bob Goff
12. “Here’s our job as believers, love everybody ALWAYS!” — Bob Goff
13. “When you love people like Jesus, you get messy. But messy looks good on you!” — Bob Goff
14. “Most of our decisions are driven by either love or fear. Figure out who’s doing the talking, then decide what you’ll do.” — Bob Goff
15. “It will be the people with the greatest love, not the most information, who will influence us to change.” — Bob Goff
16. “Love one another. We don’t need more instructions; we need more examples.” — Bob Goff
17. “Love has the kind of power criticism only wishes it had.” — Bob Goff
18. “Love like there’s no tomorrow; live like there’s no yesterday. We’re forgiven; now go, love people, like we believe it.” — Bob Goff
19. “That’s what love does – it pursues blindly, unflinchingly, and without end. When you go after something you love, you’ll do anything it takes to get it, even if it costs everything.” — Bob Goff
Bob Goff quotes about uncertainty
20. “Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won’t have a title until much later.” — Bob Goff
21. “I don’t know every step I’m supposed to take.” — Bob Goff
22. “The way we deal with uncertainty says a lot about whether Jesus is ahead of us leading, or behind us just carrying our stuff.” — Bob Goff
23. “Courage doesn’t mean we’re not afraid anymore, it just means our actions aren’t controlled by our doubts.” — Bob Goff
24. Don’t let uncertainty talk you into pursuing a backup plan instead of your purpose.” — Bob Goff
Bob Goff quotes about finding your purpose
25. “We won’t be distracted by comparison if we’re captivated with purpose.” — Bob Goff
26. “If we only do what we’re familiar with, we might miss what we’ve been made for.” — Bob Goff
27. “We might be known for what we believed, but we’re certain to be remembered for what we did about it.” — Bob Goff
28. “It’s easy to confuse a lot of activity with a purposeful life. Do what lasts; let the rest fall away.” — Bob Goff
29. “Don’t let who you were talk you out of who you are becoming.” — Bob Goff
30. “You can quit anything on a Thursday.” — Bob Goff
31. “We’ll fill our lives with what we cultivate the most. Plant grace by the acre.” — Bob Goff
32. “Too often we are posers. Don’t be afraid. Be you. Live a life worthy of the calling YOU’VE received.” — Bob Goff
33. “I used to want to fix people, but now I just want to be with them.” — Bob Goff
34. “We all want to have a place where we can dream and escape anything that wraps steel bands around our imagination and creativity.” — Bob Goff
Bob Goff quotes about joy
35. “Figure out what fuels your joy, then do lots of that.” — Bob Goff
36. “Being engaged is a way of doing life, a way of living and loving. It’s about going to extremes and expressing the bright hope that life offers us, a hope that makes us brave and expels darkness with light. That’s what I want my life to be all about – full of abandon, whimsy, and in love.” — Bob Goff
37. “Something happens when you feel ownership. You no longer act like a spectator or consumer, because you’re an owner. Faith is at its best when it’s that way too. It’s best lived when it’s owned.” — Bob Goff
38. “Living a life fully engaged in full of whimsy and the kind of things that love does is something most people plan to do, but along the way they just kind of forget.” — Bob Goff
39. “Start from scratch with Jesus every day and then be picky about what you add to your life.” — Bob Goff
40. “Do what lasts, get around to everything else.” — Bob Goff
41. “I used to hope the things I did would work; now I hope they last.” — Bob Goff
More inspiring Bob Goff quotes
42. “I used to be afraid of failing at something that really mattered to me, but now I’m more afraid of succeeding at things that don’t matter.” — Bob Goff
43. “Don’t let other people decide who you are.” — Bob Goff
44. “Courage isn’t the absence of fear, it’s just deciding that fear isn’t calling the shots anymore.” — Bob Goff
45. “We spend a lot of energy remembering failures God spent a lot of love saying we could forget.” — Bob Goff
46. “I used to think I could shape the circumstances around me, but now I know Jesus uses circumstances to shape me.” — Bob Goff
47. “We don’t really make friends, they make us.” — Bob Goff
48. “We keep asking for answers; God keeps sending us people.” — Bob Goff
49. “Hope makes our lives page-turners.” — Bob Goff
50. “God makes confetti out of our titles and accomplishments to celebrate the poor and the humble.” — Bob Goff quotes
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of humble quotes about the benefits of humility.
Have you ever put off a dream or a goal out of fear?
My guess is that you probably have, because, well, haven’t we all? Big dreams are often scary, and sometimes it is so much easier to let the dream fade than to face our fears. But does that mean it’s better?
Of course not.
We only have so much time on this planet, so why waste a good chunk of it out of fear? Bob Goff rearranged his entire life so that he could inspire people all over the world to follow their dreams and live their life with more love. So, in honor of his efforts, take some time today to think about your dreams.
If you could be doing anything in the world, what would you be doing? Are you doing it? If not, what action could you do today to get yourself one step closer to your dream life?
We hope you enjoyed these Bob Goff quotes and sayings. Let us know your favorite one in the comment section below.
April 27, 2022 6:31 AM EST