As the title suggests, this article is all about neon quotes.
Since neon quotes are quite popular, we have created a collection of such quotes for you to read and enjoy.
Besides you can also share these quotes with your friends and family.
Apart from our quotes section, we have also discussed neon and neon lights.
You may also enjoy these related articles:
What is Neon?
Neon is a chemical element, which is symbolized by “Ne.”
Neon is a noble gas, and it is the second-lightest gas in the periodic table after helium.
It is an odorless, colorless, and inert gas.
The most common use of this gas is associated with neon light.
Neon lights are used for advertising and lighting purposes.
The distinctive feature of neon light is its unique and sharp color.
The History of Neon Lights
French chemist Georges Claude was the inventor of Neon lights.
He invented these lights in 1910 by discovering that neon gas lights up when an electric current is passed through it.
Using this principle, he created his first neon lamp.
In the 1920s, neon lights gained much popularity in the U.S.
Neon Lights Applications
Originally, neon lights were used for signage and advertising.
However, currently, neon lights are used in a variety of ways.
A few of them include:
- Decorative lighting
- Scientific and Medical applications
- Art installations
Neon lights serve as a great source of lighting for decorative purposes.
This kind of lighting is suitable for all types of buildings, including commercial and residential.
Once customized to meet specific requirements, neon lights can create a beautiful ambiance.
Neon lights are the best bet if you want to create a vintage or retro feel.
Scientific and Medical Applications
Apart from decorative purposes, neon lights are also useful in scientific and medical applications.
For instance, these lights are used for gas chromatography and spectroscopy.
Since the color emitted by neon lights can be soothing for premature babies, these lights are also helpful in offering neonatal care.
Apart from various other applications, neon lights are also used as a viable medium for artists.
Artists also used neon lights to create beautiful sculptures.
The neon lights allow artists to create impressive and eye-catching artwork.
The bright and attractive neon light colors can be seen from quite a distance.
This is why these lights are used for billboards and advertisements.
Top 10 Neon Quotes
So these are the top 10 neon quotes collected after careful research.
1. “Miami Beach is where neon goes to die.” — Lenny Bruce
2. “The fog tore apart, lightly charged the sea like blue neon.” — Annie Proulx
3. “I think ‘Beyond the Blue Neon’ is the best I’ve ever done.” — George Strait
4. “I gave to pink, the nerve of the red, a neon pink, an unreal pink.” — Elsa Schiaparelli
5. “Neon zombie through the night holding a magic light. As a guide.” — Sharon Miedema
6. “Cause they slow danced through the neons like sorrow through a song.” — Terry Alan
7. “My hair is such a statement that it’s like a neon sign asking for trouble.” — Natasha Lyonne
8. “The view from the window, particularly if you enjoy neon, is extraordinary.” — Chris Bachelder
9. “Organic? I grew up on Angel Delight. We didn’t have anything in the house if it wasn’t neon!” — Dylan Moran
10. “Sacrifice and neon lights, Slaveships don’t wait, Love many, trust few, And don’t be late…” — Tom Morello
Neon Quotes About Light
There are great neon quotes about light in this section which you will enjoy reading and sharing.
11. “Moon is a superstar to a neon light. Both are in doubt of their lifeless plight… But to face the dark, they’re always prepared.” — Munia Khan
12. “Neon signs don’t consume much power, but they look like they do. A cousin of fluorescent lighting, neon is actually quite an energy efficient.” — Virginia Postrel
13. “The world, although well-lighted with fluorescents and incandescent bulbs and neon, is still full of odd dark corners and unsettling nooks and crannies.” — Stephen King
14. “New York was the glamorous town that you only see now in old movies and on Broadway stages. The sky was lit up with dancing neon signs. It was safe to walk out in the streets.” — Art Buchwald
15. “Those neon light nights, couldn’t stay out of fights, keeps a-haunting me in memories. There is one in every crowd, for crying out loud; why was it always turning out to be me?” — Waylon Jennings
Quotes About Neon Lights
Enjoy more quotes about neon and lights.
16. “One can take a neon tube and simply paint it black on the front. So it would read as a black letter or a line, but it would also read as neon because there would be light coming from behind that black letter.” — Glenn Ligon
17. “Objects of every sort are materials for the new art: paint, food, chairs, electric and neon lights, smoke, water, old socks, a dog, movies, a thousand other things which will be discovered by the present generation of artists.” — Allan Kaprow
18. “The Heart is a lonely hunter with only one desire! To find some lasting comfort in the arms of another fire…driven by a desperate hunger to the arms of a neon light, the heart is a lonely hunter when there’s no sign of love in sight!” — Carson McCullers
19. “There’s so much art, and it’s become flashy. In the global marketplace, having art that’s shiny and has neon lights is almost what you need for anyone to notice it in an art fair situation – and art fairs seem to be more and more the only thing there is.” — Jim Shaw
20. “I’m going with the flow. I feel when the time is right to stop, it will be flashing in neon lights for me like this is it. It could be this year; it could be next year; I have no idea. Anyone in their profession seems to think it’s fairly clear when it’s the right time. I haven’t had that moment of clarity.” — Lindsay Davenport
Iconic Neon Quotes
Here are some of the iconic neon quotes which you will never forget.
21. “After the film, it was raining, a light steady rain. Ruthless neon on the wet streets like busted candy.” — Denis Johnson
22. “I feel a bit like the Willy Wonka of Neon; if you could eat neon, chocolate would be the next best thing.” — Matthew Bracey
23. “Everyone always noticed Ashley. She was like a flashing neon sign for anyone with an ounce of testosterone.” — Nicholas Sparks
24. “I was so horny in school that it felt like my body was filled with electricity. I felt like I had neon bones or something.” — Patti Smith
25. “Fame requires every kind of excess. I mean true fame, a devouring neon, not the somber renown of waning statesmen or chinless kings.” — Don DeLillo
26. “I guess personally I really like “Take on Me” by Aha. I think it just defines the 80s and how insane it was and like neon and like calculator watches and that whole thing.” — Evan Peters
27. “My home has a split personality. Some of the rooms are very French antique… The other half is very Aztec. Neon ikat fabric pillows, vintage books piled up to the ceiling, and shutters from Bali.” — Poppy Delevingne
Quotes Referencing Neon
These quotes give a wide array of meaning to neon.
28. “A glorious place, a glorious age, I tell you! A very Neon Renaissance – And the myths that actually touched you at that time – not Hercules, Orpheus, Ulysses and Aeneas – but Superman, Captain Marvel, and Batman.” — Tom Wolfe
29. “The Roman form of serenade is to race a motorcycle motor under the girl’s window, but mufflers are not common in any situation; the only things as dearly loved as a good noise are a breakneck speed and eye-splitting lights, preferably neon – all expressions of well-being, like a huge belly-laugh.” — Eleanor Clark
30. “Memory’s so treacherous. One moment you’re lost in a carnival of delights with poignant childhood aromas, the flashing neon on puberty, and all that sentimental candyfloss. The next, it leads you somewhere you don’t want to go… Somewhere dark and cold, filled with the damp ambiguous shapes of things you’d hoped were forgotten.” — Alan Moore
Colorful Neon Quotes
Brighten your day with these colorful neon quotes that will surely add fun and inspiration to your life.
31. “The whole body reacts to color. If you were to walk into an all-neon-pink room, it would be difficult not to react.” — Jim Drain
32. “Chasin’ the neon rainbow, livin’ that honky-tonk dream ‘Cause all I’ve ever wanted is to pick this guitar and sing’.” — Alan Jackson
33. “It would appear that the blue sky is actually produced by the solar wind and solar radiation… just like a neon lamp!” — Steven Magee
34. “…a city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.” — Nelson Algren
35. “Bend color names which should be made of neon or copper tubing. Place an object on a surface – trace the object – then bend the object – leaving some part of it attached.” — Jasper Johns
Neon Quotes for Your Enjoyment
Keep reading for more quotes about neon.
36. “Some visualize the Pistols era in shades of black and white. It wasn’t. Actually, the colors I envision are neon or army dirt green with fluorescent pink–anything that would annoy.” — John Lydon
37. “Her fingers moved among barnacles and mussels, blue-black, sharp-edged. Neon red starfish were limp Dalis on the rocks, surrounded by bouquets of stinging anemones and purple bursts of spiny sea urchins.” — Janet Fitch
38. “The city man, in his neon-and-Mazda glare, knows nothing of nature’s midnight. His electric lamps surround him with synthetic sunshine. They push back the dark.” — Edwin Way Teale
39. “A vacuum-packed hollowness that no quantity of neon could hide. Roppongi was the same, only there, the sadness was older and more Western. All that movement to so little purpose.” — Jon Courtenay Grimwood
40. “So if big enough droplets fell far enough fast enough, someone floating right near the metallic hydrogen layer inside Jupiter maybe, just maybe, could have looked up into its cream and orange sky and seen the most spectacular show ever–fireworks lighting up the Jovian night with a trillion streaks of brilliant crimson, what scientists call neon rain.” — Sam Kean
Some More Amazing Neon Quotes
Let’s explore some more amazing neon quotes to learn something beneficial for our lives.
41. “We are entering the Dark Ages… but this time there will be lots of neon, and screen savers, and street lighting.” — Edward St. Aubyn
42. “With a little Johnny Lee on. The buzz love to be on. You put a double on your troubles. The light at this end of the tunnel is Neon.” — Chris Younger
43. “Neon Future’ is, in short, a positive outlook on human progress and technology, looking forward to a bright, colorful utopia.” — Steve Aoki
44. “During the night, there had been a sound of water on the other side of the wall. In my sleep, I was looking out from the fourth-floor bedroom at nearby buildings bathed in the rain, gleaming with neon and streetlamp colours.” — Yūko Tsushima
45. “The giant neon spinning discs are a reminder of the huge role that Sam Sniderman and his store played in the cultural life of Toronto, and I believe they should be preserved and remounted in the interests of our city’s heritage.” — Gordon Lightfoot
46. “I hiked around town, the air sweet and dry, and was sort of overwhelmed by the perfection of it — the old courthouse, the train depot, Mount [Jumbo] and Mount Sentinel rising up, the neon bars, the funky festivity of a college town .” — Garrison Keillor
47. “I didn’t know it would have industrial applications or be the basis for the most powerful weapon ever known [the nuclear bomb] … I thought maybe my discovery might have the practical value of, say, neon in neon signs.” — Harold Urey
A few more quotes about neon
If you just can’t get enough, here are a few more neon quotes for you to enjoy.
48. “Life in Anaheim, California, was a commercial for itself, endlessly replayed. Nothing changed; it just spread out farther and farther in the form of a neon ooze. What there was always more of had been congealed into permanence long ago, as if the automatic factory that cranked out these objects had jammed in the on position.” — Philip K. Dick
49. “There are new gods growing in America, clinging to growing knots of belief: gods of credit card and freeway, of Internet and telephone, of radio and hospital and television, gods of plastic and of beeper and of neon. Proud gods, fat and foolish creatures, puffed up with their own newness and importance. “They are aware of us, they fear us, and they hate us,” said Odin. You are fooling yourselves if you believe otherwise.’” — Neil Gaiman
50. “There’s a kind of poetic aspect to inert gas. And remember, first of all, they were completely unknown a hundred years earlier. We just didn’t know about them. And then, when they were discovered in the atmosphere, the idea that this is a material that would breathe in and exhale and becomes part of us for a while made it even more intriguing. The names, the Greek names, are interesting, too – if you translate neon, xenon, and so forth is kind of interesting.” — Robert Barry
Which One of these Neon Quotes is your Favorite?
We hope you have enjoyed reading some of the most interesting neon quotes listed above.
If so, just let us know by commenting in the comments section.
You can also tell us about your favorite neon quote.
Besides, these quotes are worthy of being shared via social media platforms.
So, you can share any of these neon quotes with your friends and family.
For suggestions and feedback, you can send us a message via our comments section.
We are looking forward to your reply.