We have all felt alone at one time or another, and these unloved quotes are perfect for when you feel truly alone.
According to Merriam-webster.com, the term unloved means “not loved or cherished.”
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Feeling unloved is not just for a person that is alone.
You can be surrounded by friends or even in a relationship and still feel unloved.
Everyone is worthy of love, and most of us are loved by someone or something, even if we don’t feel like it.
Often the feeling of being unloved stems from low self-esteem and a negative self-image where a person feels that they are actually unworthy of love.
We must first learn to love and appreciate ourselves to accept love from others and have a healthy view of ourselves.
Take a look at these unloved quotes to learn more about feeling unloved and what you can do about it.
Sad Unloved Quotes
This list of unloved quotes is sad.
1. “Be the love you never received.” — Rune Cazuli
2. “We may be unlovely, yet we are not unloved.” — John Ortberg
3. “Many people feel they don’t have enough love. Feel unloved.” — Titon Rahmawan
4. “The biggest disease this day and age is that of people feeling unloved.” — Princess Diana
5. “It is sad to love and be unloved, but sadder still to be unable to love.” — Maurice Maeterlinck
6. “There’s beauty in misery, sadness, and things that are so unloved and forgotten.” — Ghaleya Aldhafiri
7. “It is never acceptable for us to be the cause of any child to feel unloved or worthless.” — Joel Burns
8. “We can’t have children growing up feeling unloved – the price is too high for that.” — Angelina Rayner
9. “Love is the most important thing, and when they feel rejected and unloved, that hole can never be filled by anyone else.” — Goldie Hawn
10. “Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.” — Mother Teresa
Encouraging Unloved Quotes
Enjoy these encouraging unloved quotes for when you feel unloved.
11. “Rejection is an opportunity for your selection.” — Bernard Branson
12. “You were never created to be hurt or scared or unloved.” — Jade Miller
13. “We were perhaps not so unlovable as we had come to believe.” — George Saunders
14. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” — Napoleon Hill
15. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” — Hermann Hesse
16. “Many people do not understand that the essence of love is giving and not demanding.” — Titon Rahmawan
17. “Just because someone isn’t willing or able to love us, it doesn’t mean that we are unlovable.” — Brené Brown
18. “Perhaps the unattached, the unwanted, the unloved, could grow to give love as lushly as anyone else.” — Vanessa Diffenbaugh
19. “You were created to be loved. So for you to live as if you were unloved is a limitation, not the other way around.” — Wm. Paul Wong
20. “Every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better.” — Steve Maraboli
Relatable Unloved Quotes
Check out this list of relatable unloved quotes.
21. “I feel profoundly alone, cut off, unattractive…I feel unloveable.” — Susan Sontag
22. “I am not afraid of being unloved. But I am terrified of never learning to love.” — Michael D. O’Brien
23. “We all feel that we have things inside us that would make us unlovable if only people knew.” — David Smail
24. “Anger, resentment and jealousy doesn’t change the heart of others — it only changes yours.” — Shannon Alder
25. “Let the hurt send you looking for those who will accept you instead of hiding from those who reject you.” — Bryant McGill
26. “Rejection, though — it could make the loss of someone you weren’t even that crazy about feel gut-wrenching and world ending.” — Deb Caletti
27. “If you feel unwanted or unappreciated where you are or by those you’re with, it only means you’re in the wrong place or with the wrong people.” — LK Hunsaker
28. “When you can’t reach the standards of another’s heart, you must ask yourself, “What value do I put on my soul that I would subject myself to such rejection?” — Shannon Alder
29. “So often, we don’t see the beauty in ourselves. If we keep observing our reflection in the distorted mirrors of bad relationships, we start believing we are ugly and unlovable.” — Jacqueline Simon Gunn
30. “But what attracted me to weeds was not their beauty, but their resilience. I mean, despite being so widely despised, so unloved, killed with every chance we get, they are so pervasive, so seemingly invincible.” — Carol Vorvain
Unloved Quotes About Loving the Unlovable
You will be motivated by these unloved quotes about loving the unlovable.
31. “Show me how to love the unlovable.” — Matthew West
32. “To love means loving the unlovable.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
33. “Grace is being loved when you are unlovable.” — Tullian Tchividjian
34. “Anyone can love a rose, but it takes a lot to love a leaf.” — Tom Flynn
35. “Kids need love the most when they’re acting most unlovable.” — Erma Bombeck
36. “Communities are made up of the unlovable as well as the lovable.” — Dorothy Day
37. “It is not the most lovable individuals who stand more in need of love, but the most unlovable.” — Ashley Montagu
38. “Real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable” — Dave Willis
39. “If you don’t think God’s love for the unlovable is amazing, go try to love someone who hates you for a day. See if that helps.” — KB
40. “God does not love us because we are lovable, have a pleasing personality or a good sense of humor, or at rare times show exceptional kindness. In spite of who we are and what we have done, God wants to pour out His love on us, for the unlovable are also precious unto Him.” — David B. Haight
More Unloved Quotes
Check out more unloved quotes.
41. “No being should be unloved.” — Dick Gregory
42. “You get tough when you grow up unloved.” — Maj Sjowall
43. “A weed is but an unloved flower.” — Ella Wheeler Wilcox
44. “Sometimes we may be the unloved, then the hero the next day.” — Blaise Matuidi
45. “Whenever you feel unimportant, unloved, or insecure, remember to who you belong.” — Rick Warren
46. “It stands to reason that unloved and unwanted children are going to get into crime.” — Andrew Young
47. “The most important thing in convoluted families, I learnt as I wrote, is that the child feels loved.” — Allegra Huston
48. “If I don’t get at least one e-mail every ten minutes, I feel unloved. Even junk mail makes me feel seen.” — Chris Abani
49. “I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give. I am very happy to do that; I want to do that.” — Princess Diana
50. “The inner speech, your thoughts, can cause you to be rich or poor, loved or unloved, happy or unhappy, attractive or unattractive, powerful or weak.” — Ralph Charell
How Can I Make Myself Feel More Loved?
Feeling more loved starts with you and loving yourself because if you don’t love yourself, no one can fill the feeling of being unloved in your life.
Take time to appreciate yourself, invest in your hobbies, do things you enjoy with people you enjoy, and love others.
These simple practices will go a long way in helping you feel loved instead of feeling unloved.
Please share these unloved quotes with your friends and family and let us know your favorite in the comment section below.