Bruno Mars is an example of what happens if you focus on your dreams and never quit until you reach success. We hope these Bruno Mars quotes will inspire you to do the same.
Born Peter Gene Hernandez, Burno Mars always knew that music is what he was meant to do. He moved out of his hometown in Hawaii in 2003 and settled in Los Angeles to pursue his music career with the big leagues.
Since then, he has sold more than 130 million records worldwide and has become one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
We hope you enjoy these Bruno Mars quotes about life, music, and success.
Don’t forget to also check out these Chris Brown quotes about life, love, and lyrics.
Bruno Mars quotes about music
1. “I don’t need much. I’m a simple man. I think that success is having fun. And when I’m having fun doing music, I’m happy. If I can make a little money on the side doing it, I’m really happy.” — Bruno Mars
2. “I don’t ever want to come out with something safe and get away with ‘It sounds good!’ It’s got to be more than sounding good.” — Burno Mars
3. “Music is not math. It’s science. You keep mixing the stuff up until it blows up on you, or it becomes this incredible potion.” — Bruno Mars
4. “I tend to overthink things. I’m not the guy who screams ‘This is a world smash!’ when I finish a song.” — Bruno Mars
5. “To write a song you must have an imagination, to have an imagination you must be free.” — Bruno Mars
6. “I signed up to be a musician, I want to perform, I want to sing.” — Bruno Mars
7. “I just know that I’m a fan of all different kinds of genres. You’re supposed to be free doing music, and that’s how I feel.” – Bruno Mars
8. “I just write songs that I strongly believe in and that are coming from inside. There’s no tricks. It’s honesty with big melodies.” — Bruno Mars
9. “No one sells a song better than the person that wrote it.” — Bruno Mars
10. “Hawaii is paradise. It sounds cheesy to say it, but there’s music in the air there.” – Bruno Mars
Bruno Mars quotes and captions about music and love
11. “I could sing you a thousand and one doo-wop songs. I love the simplicity in that music. It’s not super-poetic, it’s just from the heart.” — Bruno Mars
12. “What I’m hoping is that every album I’m going to do will give my audience something different and that they’ll grow as I do.” — Bruno Mars
13. “In my songs, I’m not saying something that’s never been said before. The lyrics aren’t going to blow people away. It’s the emotion and the melody that drives it home.” — Bruno Mars
14. “I feel it’s my job to continue being a student of music if I want to continue being an artist and a producer of other artists.” — Bruno Mars
15. “Songwriters, you have to work – you have to wait for residuals. You have to pray that the song’s going to be a hit. And then a year later, you might get a check.” — Bruno Mars
16. “I don’t try and be dark, but there are obviously darker emotions that I want to capture sometimes.” — Bruno Mars
17. “Writing for other artists helped me figure out that magic you have to capture to make everyone connect with a song.” – Bruno Mars
18. “I feel, as a songwriter, it’s one of the hardest things to do – to sit down and say how you feel.” — Bruno Mars
19. “I just write songs that I strongly believe in and that are coming from a special place. There are no tricks.” – Bruno Mars
20. “Ever since I was a kid, this was all I wanted to do. I’ve wanted to do music. I wanted to sing. It’s all I know.” — Bruno Mars
21. “What I like about Elvis is the same I like about James Brown, Michael Jackson, Prince. These guys, back in the day, there was no smoke and mirrors. It was just raw talent.” — Bruno Mars
22. “I can show you in music better than I can tell you in words.” – Bruno Mars
23. “My dream was to not get a day job but to sleep, wake up and do my music. I want to keep that dream forever.” — Bruno Mars
24. “I don’t think anyone ever plans to change line-ups, but it’s something that comes with being in bands. I was in a band once and there were always problems – members come and go – and some of the world’s biggest bands have changed line-ups loads!” — Bruno Mars
Bruno Mars quotes about life and success
25. “I think that success is having fun.” — Bruno Mars
26. “It’s about you putting in the work, practicing every day, and hopefully one day you write the song the whole world wants to get down to. And one day you’re going to be sitting next to Ellen DeGeneres talking about how you broke records and rocked the Super Bowl!” — Bruno Mars
27. “You pick up some fans and a handful of haters along the way.” — Burno Mars
28. “I’ve learned people are watching, so don’t do nothing stupid.” — Bruno Mars
29. “Someone told me something that stuck with me ‘You have to envision your life, and then go backward.’ I’ve been living by that motto for a while.” — Bruno Mars
30. “There’s always a bittersweet kind of thing, but I feel like everything had to work out the way it is. Everything that had to happen, happened.” — Bruno Mars
31. “You gotta know what you are, who you are, and how you want to be portrayed.” — Bruno Mars
32. “Be in control. Know who you are. And don’t try to be different just to be different.” — Bruno Mars
33. “I don’t like two stories. I like one story. I never grew up with stairs. I like to stick to what I know.” — Bruno Mars
34. “I love that I can talk to my fans through Twitter, to cut out the middle man. Because I’ve done interviews where my words have gotten twisted.” — Bruno Mars
35. “Becoming famous was never what I wanted to do. There’s a lot of things that come with fame – it’s what people in the limelight have to do.” — Bruno Mars
36. “I don’t throw lavish parties or nothing like that – I just want a bed and a TV.” — Bruno Mars
Wise Bruno Mars quotes
37. “You can’t knock on opportunity’s door and not be ready.” — Bruno Mars
38. “I guess if I’m a product, either you’re chocolate, you’re vanilla or you’re butterscotch. You can’t be all three.” – Bruno Mars
39. “If I was a billionaire, I’d be smart with my money.” — Bruno Mars
40. “When it’s your time, it is your time.” — Bruno Mars
41. “When everything in life gets so complicated it only takes a day to change it.” — Bruno Mars
42. “You know, I just do whatever feels right to me! And so that’s what you’re gonna get!” — Bruno Mars
Best Bruno Mars quotes and song lyrics
43. “Every day I wake up next to an angel more beautiful than words could say.” – Rest of My Life
44. “When I see your face, there’s not a thing that I would change ’cause you’re are amazing just the way you are.” – Just the Way You Are
45. “If you ever forget how much you really mean to me, Every day I will remind you.” – Count On Me
46. “Never had much faith in love or miracles, Never wanna put my heart on the line.” — Locked Out of Heaven
47. “And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while.” – Just the Way You Are
48. “If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea, I’ll sail the world to find you. If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can’t see, I’ll be the light to guide you.” – Count On Me
49. “You know I’d never ask you to change. If perfect’s what you’re searching for, then just stay the same.” – Just the Way You Are
50. “Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you.” – Marry You
Which Bruno Mars quote is your favorite?
Burno Mars always knew he was meant to be a musician. He was heavily influenced by legendary musicians like Elvis, Michael Jackson, Prince, and The Police. Mars knew that these artists carried a certain charisma that captivated audiences, so he studied their techniques and now applies the same showmanship while he’s on stage.
Not tied down by any genre, Mars is known for creating R&B, rock, pop, funk, reggae, hip hop, and soul hits. He’s had seven number-one singles since his career took off in 2010. He also holds 11 Grammy Awards and three Guinness World Records.
Even though it took him 7 years of hard work for his career to really launch, Mars never gave up. We hope these quotes inspire you to never give up on your dreams as well.
We hope you enjoyed these Bruno Mars quotes and lyrics. Let us know your favorite in the comments below!
May 4, 2021 7:00 AM EST