Shoot for the moon with our Buzz Aldrin quotes.
Buzz Aldrin is one of the most influential figures of the twentieth century.
He famously took one small step for man and one giant leap for mankind.
Find out how with our Buzz Alrdrin quotes below.
You may also enjoy reading these related articles:
Who is Buzz Aldrin?
Buzz Aldrin is an American engineer, pilot, and astronaut.
He is the second person to walk on the moon after Neil Armstrong.
Check out these interesting facts about Buzz Aldrin below:
- His real name is Edwin Eugene Aldrin, Jr.
- He earned a Doctor of Science degree in astronautics from MIT.
- As a pilot, he flew sixty-six combat missions and shot down two enemy fighters.
Was Buzz the first person on the moon?
As a team, they landed together.
However, Buzz was the second human being to walk the lunar service.
Buzz’s partner and peer, Dr. Neil Armstrong, was the first person to set foot on the moon’s rocky surface.
Buzz and Neil made history when they started their sojourn across the Moon at 3:15 on July 21, 1969.
If you have ever heard the famous NASA quote, “The eagle has landed,” then you have heard of Buzz.
Buzz was the eagle.
Aldrin is a religious man, and during his moonwalk became the first person to hold a religious ceremony on the Moon.
He took communion among the Moon’s craters and rocks.
Why was Aldrin’s moonwalk so important?
Context matters with everything.
In 2023 it is easy to take space for granted.
We live in a time when private businesses ferry civilians to space.
However, in the 1960s, the times were different.
The United States battled other countries like Russia for space and technological dominance.
Aldrin and Armstrong’s walk on the lunar surface ended the geopolitical space race and solidified President John F. Kennedy’s promise to land a man on the moon and return him safely to Earth.
For more out-of-this-world content, check out our Buzz Aldrin quotes below.
Short Buzz Aldrin quotes about the power of positivity
Here are some of Buzz’s wise observations about why it pays to stay positive.
1. “Negativity doesn’t get anybody anywhere.” — Buzz Aldrin
2. “Failure is not a sign of weakness. It is a sign that you are alive and growing.” — Buzz Aldrin
3. “Resilience is what humans have, and resilience is what humans need to take advantage of.” — Buzz Aldrin
4. “It takes reacting to all of life in a positive way to make the most out of what you’ve experienced.” — Buzz Aldrin
5. “The urge to explore has propelled evolution since the first water creatures reconnoitered the land.” — Buzz Aldrin
The top Buzz Aldrin quotes about looking at the Earth from the Moon
Who can better express what Earth looks like from space?
6. “We are a very small part of the solar system and the whole universe.” — Buzz Aldrin
7. “From the distance of the Moon, Earth was four times the size of a full moon seen from Earth.” — Buzz Aldrin
8. “Once we were on the surface of the Moon, we could look back and see the Earth, a little blue dot in the sky.” — Buzz Aldrin
9. “It certainly didn’t make me feel lonely, except to realize that we were as far away as people had ever been.” — Buzz Aldrin
10. “The sky was black as could be, and the horizon was so well defined as it curved many miles away from us into space.” — Buzz Aldrin
Famous Buzz Aldrin quotes about being the second man on the Moon
Buzz opens up about what it feels like to always be number two.
11. “As the senior crew member, it was appropriate for [Neil Armstrong] to be the first.” — Buzz Aldrin
12. “But for the rest of my life, I’ll always be identified as the second man to walk on the Moon.” — Buzz Aldrin
13. “But after years and years of being asked to speak to a group of people and then be introduced as the second man on the Moon, it does get a little frustrating.” — Buzz Aldrin
14. “Is it really necessary to point out to the crowd that somebody else was first when we all went through the same training, we all landed at the same time, and all contributed?” — Buzz Aldrin
15. “Where are the billions and billions and billions of people, on what I’m looking at? We’re the only three that are not back there.’ And we didn’t get to celebrate. Because we were out of town.” — Buzz Aldrin
The best Buzz Aldrin quotes about weightlessness and gravity
Buzz knows what a zero-gravity environment feels like.
16. “In some ways, it’s not too different from returning from a rocking ocean ship.” — Buzz Aldrin
17. “There’s a tremendously satisfying freedom associated with weightlessness.” — Buzz Aldrin
18. “It’s challenging in the absence of traction or leverage, and it requires thoughtful readjustment.” — Buzz Aldrin
19. “Returning to Earth brings with it a great sense of heaviness and a need for careful movement.” — Buzz Aldrin
20. “I found the experience of weightlessness to be one of the most fun and enjoyable, challenging and rewarding, experiences of spaceflight.” — Buzz Aldrin
Buzz Aldrin quotes and sayings about excellence
Below are some of Buzz’s encouraging words about failure and success.
21. “Some people don’t like to admit that they have failed.” — Buzz Aldrin
22. “So don’t allow anyone to denigrate or inhibit your lofty aspirations.” — Buzz Aldrin
23. “Like all living systems, cultures cannot remain static; they evolve or decline. They explore or expire.” — Buzz Aldrin
24. “I know the sky is not the limit, because there are footprints on the Moon, and I made some of them!” — Buzz Aldrin
25. “Your dream can take you might higher and much farther than anyone ever thought possible! I know mine did.” — Buzz Aldrin
Buzz Aldrin shaped the dreams of generations
Many know that Buzz Aldrin walked the surface of the moon.
His legacy inspired millions of people to dream bigger.
The example set by this stellar adventurer reminds all of us to shoot for the stars and land on the moon.
What is your favorite Buzz Aldrin quote?
Be sure to let us know in the comments section below.